Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,937 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih (29654 Views)

PDP Shuts Out Atiku From Voting At National Convention (leadership) / Buhari's Cabal & Saraki Meet On How To Stop Osinbajo From Becoming President- SR / Frank: Oyegun Plotting To Sack Tinubu, Atiku From APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by shaiba(f): 6:35am On Nov 27, 2016
A former Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party’s Board of Trustees, Tony Anenih, said he blocked ex-Vice-President Atiku Abubakar from succeeding former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

Anenih stated this in his book, titled ‘My Life and Nigerian Politics,’ which was presented in Abuja on Saturday.

Anenih, who served as the Minister of Works and Housing between 1999 and 2002, said Abubakar became too ambitious during the build-up to the 2003 presidential election in which Obasanjo was seeking a second term.

“As a result of my preparations for Chief Obasanjo’s second tenure, I stepped on the toes of many of those who did not want him to seek a second term. These are the people I can now refer to as members of the ‘G3’. These were General Ibrahim Babangida, (ex-) Vice- President Atiku Abubakar and the (ex-) National Security Adviser, General Aliu Gwarzo.

“There was no other way I could have offended the vice-president other than that I prevented him from being PDP’s presidential candidate in the 2003 presidential election. He erroneously believed that he was the only politician at the Villa and that he was better qualified than the President. I was well ahead of him in all his plans to prevent Chief Obasanjo from running (for re-election).”

Anenih, however, noted that after blocking Abubakar, the former vice-president also ensured that he (Anenih) lost his position in Obasanjo’s cabinet.

The former PDP BoT Chairman also claimed that he was the one who made Atiku second-in-command in 1999.

He said after the PDP presidential primary of 1998, the then Chairman of the party, Solomon Lar, recommended three northerners to be Obasanjo’s running mate.

The three nominees were Prof. Jerry Ghana, Abubakar Rimi and Adamu Ciroma.

Lar was said to have told Obasanjo that Rimi was his preferred candidate but Obasanjo wasn’t convinced.

Anenih, according to the book, then advised Obasanjo to pick Atiku, who had just won the governorship election in Adamawa State and was waiting to be sworn in.

He added, “I asked Obasanjo whether he would want a vice-president that would give him absolute confidence and allow him to sleep with his two eyes closed or whether he would want a vice-president he did not trust.

“He answered that he would like to sleep with his two eyes closed. It was at this point that I asked him: ‘What about Atiku?’ Chief Obasanjo’s answer was that Atiku had just won his governorship election and the law might not allow him to come on board as his running mate.

“We both decided to get a lawyer to advise us and Barrister Alimi Rasaq of Kwara State was sent for. He advised us that there was nothing in the constitution that prevented Atiku from being his running mate; especially as Atiku had not been sworn in.”

Speaking at the book presentation, which had in attendance several PDP leaders, Anenih announced that he had quit politics.

However, former President Goodluck Jonathan, who was a special guest of honour, rejected Anenih’s retirement, urging him not to abandon the PDP.

Meanwhile, the ex-minister said he survived death after an eight-hour heart surgery.

He stated this during a thanksgiving service held at Our Lady Queen of Nigeria Pro-Cathedral Church, Garki, Abuja.

He said, “There is nothing God cannot do if you believe in him sincerely. I had a problem with my heart. So I was subjected to eight hours of surgery and seven doctors were carefully selected to do that because of their experience.

“Before the operation, the seven doctors told the people that accompanied me (to the hospital) that I wouldn’t make it. I heard them.”

The event was attended by ex-Head of State, Gen. Abdulsalami Abubakar; ex-Vice-President Namadi Sambo; Aliko Dangote; Second Republic Vice-President, Alex Ekwueme; a former Governor of Kogi State, Idris Wada; ex-Governor of Jigawa State, Sule Lamido; a former Governor of Niger State, Babangida Aliyu; Prof. Jerry Gana and others.

http://punchng.com/blocked-atiku-becoming-president-anenih/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by modath(f): 6:37am On Nov 27, 2016
Really? smiley smiley he is that "powerful" enough to stop "almighty Atiku & his war chest" ? Then how come this face not only scared the bejesus outta his old tired & dusty ass... It also "retired" him from partisan politics!! ? cheesy cheesy

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by Young03(m): 6:40am On Nov 27, 2016
story

2 Likes

Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by Sunnymatey(m): 6:40am On Nov 27, 2016
And you could not block Oshomhole from becoming Governor in your state. Old man, u better sharap ur mouth there.

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by modath(f): 6:41am On Nov 27, 2016
Sunnymatey:
And you could not block Oshomhole from becoming Governor in your state. Old man, u better sharap ur mouth there.

cheesy cheesy cheesy

17 Likes

Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by WhoRUDeceiving: 6:44am On Nov 27, 2016
Please Anenih just shutup...

Aren't you having arthritis by now for all your involvement in the Misrule of this part of Africa?

12 Likes

Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by richidinho(m): 6:45am On Nov 27, 2016
grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by castrokins(m): 6:46am On Nov 27, 2016
In Bubu's Voice; Claf Por Yasep

15 Likes

Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by NCP: 6:49am On Nov 27, 2016
And Oshiomole Retired Your @ss from Politics

5 Likes

Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by Caseless: 6:51am On Nov 27, 2016
Atiku yaf suffer.

Because he's not tactical in his approach and easily show his desperation, it doesn't take his enemies so much to frustrate him.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by Mrbigman2: 6:54am On Nov 27, 2016
This guy was one time very powerful.

Time of apologies and regrets.

18 Likes

Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by GudluckIBB(m): 7:00am On Nov 27, 2016
Mrbigman2:
This guy was one time very powerful.

Time of apologies and regrets.

He was powerful, yet "ordinary"oshomole knocked him out.

21 Likes

Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by Mrbigman2: 7:03am On Nov 27, 2016
GudluckIBB:

He was powerful, yet "ordinary"oshomole knocked him out.

It seems u re a today politician.
How can you call oshomole ordinary?

Mtchewww.

Pls go ask your elders before u come online and cause havoc to your reputation

29 Likes

Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by Babacele: 7:03am On Nov 27, 2016
hmmm. narratives.
Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by Nobody: 7:08am On Nov 27, 2016
Caseless:
Atiku yaf suffer.

Because he's not tactical in his approach and easily show his desperation, it doesn't take his enemies so much to frustrate him.

Same way Okorocha publicly displays his desperation and is always rubbished. If Okorocha gets any party's ticket to vie for presidency, he will lose sorely in SE, even if he wins in SW and North.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by Caseless: 7:09am On Nov 27, 2016
Funnicator:

Same way Okorocha publicly displays his desperation and is always rubbished. If Okorocha gets any party's ticket to vie for presidency, he will lose sorely in SE, even if he wins in SW and North.
SW and north are enough for him to win , don't you think?

28 Likes

Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by Stalwert: 7:09am On Nov 27, 2016
grin grin A thief ku been hustling for power since 1999

1 Like

Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by Nobody: 7:15am On Nov 27, 2016
Caseless:
SW and north are enough for him to win , don't you think?

Stop sending that man to political miscalculation and erroneous mistakes. SW is known for historical backstabbing, when push comes to shove, SW will betray him, of course north will never recognize him, they never recognize anyone who is not of their own. Okorocha will never become president. He should keep disgracing himself.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by Caseless: 7:17am On Nov 27, 2016
Funnicator:

Stop sending that man to political miscalculation and erroneous mistakes. SW is known for historical backstabbing, when push comes to shove, SW will betray him, of course north will never recognize him, they never recognize anyone who is not of their own. Okorocha will never become president. He should keep disgracing himself.
if there's any ibo man the north would willingly support, that man is rochas . Who's that ibo man with national appeal to woo voters outside his region?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by Nobody: 7:21am On Nov 27, 2016
Caseless:
if there's any ibo man the north would willingly support, that man is rochas . Who's that ibo man with national appeal to woo voters outside his region?
Go and sleep. Afonja Backstabber.

6 Likes

Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by jamislaw(m): 7:30am On Nov 27, 2016
Funnicator:

says who? Are you a God? We Northerner love Okorocha he has done a lot for the north, he has a lot of foundation down here in the north. Stop disturbing your self Okorocha don't need your vote to become a President in this nation. Remember APC only had 5% vote from south east and still win the election. So keep quite and go and open ya shop.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 27, 2016
jamislaw:
says who? Are you a God? We Northerner love Okorocha he has done a lot for the north, he has a lot of foundation down here in the north. Stop disturbing your self Okorocha don't need your vote to become a President in this nation. Remember APC only had 5% vote from south east and still win the election. So keep quite and go and open ya shop.

Go and sleep. B00hari will re-contest in 2019 for a second term before handing over to El-Rufai, before El-rufai completes his two terms, another top-flight Igbo contender will emerge who will send an outdated and useless OkoroAwusa back to sokoto so he can become their sultan.

5 Likes

Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by Nobody: 7:39am On Nov 27, 2016
Good job

4 Likes

Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by jamislaw(m): 7:47am On Nov 27, 2016
Funnicator:

Go and sleep. B00hari will re-contest in 2019 for a second term before handing over to El-Rufai, before El-rufai completes his two terms, another top-flight Igbo contender will emerge who will send an outdated and useless OkoroAwusa back to sokoto so he can become their sultan.
lol why hating, Okorocha has done nothing wrong, except you can educate my ignorance about him. for your information Elrufai can not even talk of contesting for President.

8 Likes

Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by Nobody: 7:50am On Nov 27, 2016
jamislaw:
lol why hating, Okorocha has done nothing wrong, except you can educate my ignorance about him. for your information Elrufai can not even talk of contesting for President.

Come to Imo state and you will weep for the indigenes, we are only doing you good by preventing him from reaching national level where he will continue with the evil he is doing in imo state.

5 Likes

Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by dra1987(m): 7:51am On Nov 27, 2016
Now u can't block him again saiii Turaki 2019
Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by jamislaw(m): 8:09am On Nov 27, 2016
Funnicator:

Come to Imo state and you will weep for the indigenes, we are only doing you good by preventing him from reaching national level where he will continue with the evil he is doing in imo state.
I just saw some your thread now, are you from IMO state?
Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by ccffwx: 8:18am On Nov 27, 2016
Is Peter Obi not showing his own desperation by playing political prostitute with the North?Why has he been making noise lately? Nigerian politics is about desperation; no ethics
Funnicator:

5 Likes

Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by SamuelAnyawu(m): 8:23am On Nov 27, 2016
What's the business of Okorocha and Obi on this thread? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by Funlordjnr: 8:24am On Nov 27, 2016
Who cares?
Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 27, 2016
ccffwx:
Is Peter Obi not showing his own desperation by playing political prostitute with the North?Why has he been making noise lately? Nigerian politics is about desperation; no ethics

You are talking from your anus. Peter Obi did no evil by condemning the method this FG is plying, by leading Nigerians into recession. And unlike OkoroHausa, Obi has not undermined and publicly ridiculed his own people, for mere presidential ambition.

1 Like

Re: I Blocked Atiku From Becoming President — Anenih by Nobody: 8:43am On Nov 27, 2016
jamislaw:
I just saw some your thread now, are you from IMO state?
Igbo is Igbo. Don't divide us with your divide and conquer technique. It has failed.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians React To Buhari's Indefinite Medical Trip To London / Sheikh Gumi: Fulani Bandits Give Ansaru Terrorists 10 Days To Vacate The Bush / Stella Oduah Spotted After A Long Absence Following Her Son's Death.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.