Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,061 members, 7,828,741 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Is Marko Stout The Next Andy Warhol? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Is Marko Stout The Next Andy Warhol? (377 Views)

Andy Murray Announces Retirement From Tennis / Tonto Dikeh: My 102-Year-Old Grandma Still Drinks Stout / “I Met My Wife Finishing Off Her Fourth Bottle Of Stout In The Midst Of Men" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Marko Stout The Next Andy Warhol? by mosesukpong: 1:45pm On Nov 29, 2016
Yes. That’s the simple answer. The Huffington Post recently featured an article titled, “The Next Andy Warhol: An Interview with Marko Stout, where the Post compared the rise of contemporary New York pop artist Marko Stout to that of Andy Warhol, drawing the conclusion that for many reasons Marko Stout is this generation’s Andy Warhol.However, Stout himself remains dismissive of the comparisons stating, “Many critics compare my work to Warhol, but they are wrong it’s my own style- pure Marko Stout, no one else.”

Marko Stout is considered by many to be the quintessential New York artist and up until very recently few outside of NYC knew his name. However after a few high profile exhibitions and sales, the art world and media have taken notice.

Marko Stout’s artwork is a reinvention of the pop movement which was a fad in the 1960s. However, this isn’t just any regular bland reinvention of the pop art theme; Stout is nearly unpredictable; he has a very unique twist to the pop style. His works give off a hardcore, raw, independent, ‘you can’t tell me what to do’ kinda attitude. He portrays the tough, vigorous lifestyle of New York City using ladies as his subjects who often appear to be somewhat in pain, overwhelmed by the chaotic world sounding them all the while maintaining a chic, detached, sexy attitude of a sophisticated twenty-first century urban dweller which distinguishes his works from that of Andy Warhol.

Marko Stout took and still takes New York and the art world by storm with his thought provoking, attention grabbing artworks that seem to have its major focus on a mix of urban myth and a tinge of sexuality.

Marko Stout most recently made the art news with his record breaking sale of sculptures and prints to a Berlin art dealer and night club owner at last spring’s ArtExpo show in New York City. The Redwood Media Group, producers of the exhibition reported the sale to be the largest at the show and the biggest in recent years- and Marko Stout has now moved beyond the local New York City art scene and is now featured in Miami, Berlin, London and other international art cities.

The extensive social media buzz and cult like attention among young art fans, along with the artist’s rising sales and crowded gallery attendance has many in the art community suggesting that this New York artist may indeed be the millennial generation’s Andy Warhol.

Source: Premium Herald

(1) (Reply)

Make Home Your Office,its For Real / OMG! 3 Men To Spend Xmas, New Year In Prison For Stealing Fruits / Help Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.