Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,706 members, 7,837,589 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 07:47 AM

Ondo: My Mandate Is To Govern, Not To Probe Mimiko – Akeredolu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ondo: My Mandate Is To Govern, Not To Probe Mimiko – Akeredolu (718 Views)

Isaac Fayose Describes Ibadan As A Dead City, Asks If Oyo State Still Has Govern / Mimiko, Akeredolu Banter At Handing Over / Ondo: My Mandate Is To Govern, Not To Probe Mimiko – Akeredolu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ondo: My Mandate Is To Govern, Not To Probe Mimiko – Akeredolu by angeltolly(f): 4:29pm On Nov 29, 2016
The Ondo state Governor-elect, Rotimi Akeredolu has put to rest, fears or insinuations in some quarters that his government might take after the footsteps of the Buhari-led Federal government in probing the administration of Governor Olusegun Mimiko, following his election victory at the poll last Saturday.

Akeredolu who gave the clarification in Akure on Monday said that he was given a mandate to govern and not to probe past administrations.

The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, had on Sunday declared Akeredolu of the All Progressives Congress, APC, winner of the Saturday’s governorship election in the state after polling 244,842 votes to beat his closest rival, Eyitayo Jegede of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, who polled 150, 380 votes, while Mr Olusola Oke of the Alliance for Democracy, AD, followed with 126, 889 votes.

“What was beyond my imagination was the magnitude – the number of votes we scored vis-a-vis what two other contestants scored. I never believed that the margin would be that wide.

“I don’t believe in probes. What I believe in is that I’ve been given a mandate to govern the state and when I come into office I will face the task. “The past is the past and I am one person who believes that government is a continuum,” he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/ondo-mandate-govern-not-probe-mimiko-akeredolu/

Re: Ondo: My Mandate Is To Govern, Not To Probe Mimiko – Akeredolu by softmind24: 4:34pm On Nov 29, 2016
cool
Re: Ondo: My Mandate Is To Govern, Not To Probe Mimiko – Akeredolu by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 29, 2016
i agree to some extent.
Re: Ondo: My Mandate Is To Govern, Not To Probe Mimiko – Akeredolu by micfoley: 4:36pm On Nov 29, 2016
Pay salaries first
Re: Ondo: My Mandate Is To Govern, Not To Probe Mimiko – Akeredolu by Jay542(m): 4:37pm On Nov 29, 2016
micfoley:
Pay salaries first
That's what he meant by govern.
Re: Ondo: My Mandate Is To Govern, Not To Probe Mimiko – Akeredolu by Nobody: 4:42pm On Nov 29, 2016
Better. Wish the Old man from Daura can do same. Buhari has been spending the last two years probing with little or nothing to show for it

2 Likes

Re: Ondo: My Mandate Is To Govern, Not To Probe Mimiko – Akeredolu by Mynd44: 4:50pm On Nov 29, 2016
Re: Ondo: My Mandate Is To Govern, Not To Probe Mimiko – Akeredolu by Produke(m): 5:12pm On Nov 29, 2016
angeltolly:
The Ondo state Governor-elect, Rotimi Akeredolu has put to rest, fears or insinuations in some quarters that his government might take after the footsteps of the Buhari-led Federal government in probing the administration of Governor Olusegun Mimiko, following his election victory at the poll last Saturday.

Akeredolu who gave the clarification in Akure on Monday said that he was given a mandate to govern and not to probe past administrations.

The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, had on Sunday declared Akeredolu of the All Progressives Congress, APC, winner of the Saturday’s governorship election in the state after polling 244,842 votes to beat his closest rival, Eyitayo Jegede of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, who polled 150, 380 votes, while Mr Olusola Oke of the Alliance for Democracy, AD, followed with 126, 889 votes.

“What was beyond my imagination was the magnitude – the number of votes we scored vis-a-vis what two other contestants scored. I never believed that the margin would be that wide.

“I don’t believe in probes. What I believe in is that I’ve been given a mandate to govern the state and when I come into office I will face the task. “The past is the past and I am one person who believes that government is a continuum,” he said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/11/ondo-mandate-govern-not-probe-mimiko-akeredolu/
Yes my Gee!Probing is a waste of time and an avenue for justification of non-performance.This guy may perform well.Go to work sir.

1 Like

Re: Ondo: My Mandate Is To Govern, Not To Probe Mimiko – Akeredolu by Jaymaxxy(m): 5:13pm On Nov 29, 2016
Way to go
Re: Ondo: My Mandate Is To Govern, Not To Probe Mimiko – Akeredolu by psucc(m): 5:29pm On Nov 29, 2016
Wish you well sir. Jimoh has lost first before Mimiko
Re: Ondo: My Mandate Is To Govern, Not To Probe Mimiko – Akeredolu by yarimo(m): 5:35pm On Nov 29, 2016
Even BUHARI said that before he was sworn in, APC and lies are like 5 and 6 undecided
Re: Ondo: My Mandate Is To Govern, Not To Probe Mimiko – Akeredolu by alizma: 5:40pm On Nov 29, 2016
ride on
Re: Ondo: My Mandate Is To Govern, Not To Probe Mimiko – Akeredolu by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 29, 2016
Yoruba politicians and sense.
I bow
Re: Ondo: My Mandate Is To Govern, Not To Probe Mimiko – Akeredolu by steppin: 5:56pm On Nov 29, 2016
How can you probe him? He's a special guest in Aso Rock.
Those visits weren't for nothing.

(1) (Reply)

Why I Didn’t Acknowledge Tinubu In My Acceptance Speech - Akeredolu / Mr Seun, Is Everything Alright With Nairaland?? / ISIS Beheads Young Man Accused Of Trying To Smuggle Civilians Out Of Turkish Air

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.