Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,445 members, 7,816,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:49 PM

Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. (10832 Views)

Please Profer A Good Book On Psychology Or About The Human Mind.thanks / Please Recommend A Complete Story / Toke Makinwa's On Becoming E-book For Free For Five Nairalanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by pressplay411(m): 8:17am On Dec 01, 2016
48 Laws of Power

Movies that lift the spirit.
Limitless & Matrix Trilogy

Also reach out and go chill wirh a friend you're really cool with, don't shut yourself in.
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by HardMirror(m): 8:25am On Dec 01, 2016
Jorian1:
Good day good people in the literature section. Please I need help, am a lover of books and I find my motivations from good books. Please am so depressed right now because the business venture I invested my cash is on a hold and now the supplementary list is out and my name too is not there. So I feel so depressed because I believed that the business will be successful and I will also gain admission but am left with nothing now. I just feel this year is a total waste but I believe I can Still keep going but I need a good motivation right now. My archive can't help me now. Please I need a good recommendation for my spirit to be back. I good book can help keep me going, I don't want to start drinking beer or having any bad thought so as to wave myself off this depression. I Still want to push further and be in the right part.

I may not need this in front page but all I need is your help, please am counting on you guys. Thanks.
https://www.amazon.com/When-All-Youve-Got-YOU/dp/1475148615
Thank me later
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by iwatchandlisten(m): 8:26am On Dec 01, 2016
The Holy Bible
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by buffalowings: 8:27am On Dec 01, 2016
haywire07:
Bible

Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by mecussey(m): 8:28am On Dec 01, 2016
Jorian1:
Good day good people in the literature section. Please I need help, am a lover of books and I find my motivations from good books. Please am so depressed right now because the business venture I invested my cash is on a hold and now the supplementary list is out and my name too is not there. So I feel so depressed because I believed that the business will be successful and I will also gain admission but am left with nothing now. I just feel this year is a total waste but I believe I can Still keep going but I need a good motivation right now. My archive can't help me now. Please I need a good recommendation for my spirit to be back. I good book can help keep me going, I don't want to start drinking beer or having any bad thought so as to wave myself off this depression. I Still want to push further and be in the right part.

I may not need this in front page but all I need is your help, please am counting on you guys. Thanks.

Proverb and Eccelisiastis...after reading it, you will wonder if its part of the bible.

1 Like

Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by buffalowings: 8:29am On Dec 01, 2016
Man
Just hang in there

Gonna get better.
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by silverspringle(f): 8:29am On Dec 01, 2016
Managing your Emotions by Joyce Meyer...this book helped me a lot when i lost everything

1 Like

Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by Nobody: 8:30am On Dec 01, 2016
The Bible.
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by Orikinla(m): 8:31am On Dec 01, 2016
Jorian1:

Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by Nobody: 8:33am On Dec 01, 2016
haywire07:
Bible
And Man's Search For Meaning By Dr. Viktor Frankl
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by oruma19: 8:51am On Dec 01, 2016
Jorian1:

go and read "the conspiracy of the rich" by Robert kiyosaki. U will see why u need to work hard and not depend on gvt that will always put u in depression.
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by Tallesty1(m): 8:54am On Dec 01, 2016
Daboomb:

Here is something for you to meditate on:

```Ur Time Will Come!

Kenya is 2 hrs ahead of Nigeria, but it does not mean that Nigeria is slow, or that Kenya is fast. Both countries are working based on their own "Time Zone."

Someone is still single. Someone got married and 'waited' 10 yrs before having a child, there is another who had a baby within a year of marriage.

Someone graduated at the age of 22, yet waited 5 years before securing a good job; and there is another who graduated at 27 and secured employment immediately !

Someone became CEO at 25 and died at 50 while another became a CEO at 50 and lived to 90 years.

Everyone works based on their 'Time Zone',
People can have things worked out only according to their pace.

Work in your “time zone”.

Your Colleagues, friends, younger ones might "seem" to go ahead of you.
May be some might "seem" behind you.

Don't envy them or mock them, it's their 'Time Zone.'
You are in yours!

Hold on, be strong, and stay true to yourself. All things shall work together for your good.
You’re not late …

Recall that Steve Jobs (Late Apple CEO) was hired and fired by Apple Corp. He later became the owner and employer of those who fired him at first!

The Fall of a man is not the end of his Life!
It is adversity like this, that proves the "man" in you.

If still in doubt that "Life can change", consider the following:

In 1985, Dasuki arrested Buhari.
In 2016, Buhari arrested Dasuki.
If you were Dasuki and l told you that would happen, wont you just laugh?

In 1995, Al Mustapha arrested Obasanjo on the order of General Abacha.
In 1999, Obasanjo arrested Al Mustapha and he was jailed for 8 years.
You see Life?

In 2005, Diego Simeone was just an ordinary squad player under Fernando Torres as Club Captain.
In 2016, Diego Simeone is now Fernando Torres coach. Torres now takes orders from Simeone.
You see, as long as their is life, their is Hope!

In the 90's under Jerry Rawlings regime, Dr. Spio Gabriel was the Minister of Communications and John Mahama was his "deputy".
Today John Mahama is the President and has employed his former boss ....as Minister.
So you see, this disappointment is not the end of your Life.

You will rise again!
Smile and learn the lessons.

And remember,
You are not early ... you’re very much On time!

*RESPECT YOUR OWN TIME ZONE*`

I hope you are inspired?

Daboomb!
Thank You

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by eodavids(m): 8:54am On Dec 01, 2016
Find the novel titled "THE WHIPPING BOY".
It will ease the situation.

The whipping boy is authored by Emmanuel Odoabuchi O.
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by Fortunehunter(m): 8:54am On Dec 01, 2016
Please Dear,

Go and read the bible, it has a lot of treasures embeded in it.

But l will highly recomend the book "WHEN GOD DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. By James Dobson.

l found much more reasons to serve God after reading it.
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by desy24444(m): 8:55am On Dec 01, 2016
Never give up by Joyce meyer
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by pek(m): 9:00am On Dec 01, 2016
Tough Times Don't Last But Tough People Do by Robert Schuller. Read it more than fifteen times.

1 Like

Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by ikyekings78: 9:04am On Dec 01, 2016
Creating a New Beginning by David O. Abioye
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by Mergic(m): 9:04am On Dec 01, 2016
"YOU CAN BEGIN AGAIN" by Joyce Meyer
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by DeLioncourt: 9:18am On Dec 01, 2016
Jorian1:

Animal Farm
Harry Potter
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by Nobody: 9:18am On Dec 01, 2016
If you are a Christian, in fellowship with Spirit of God, you will be guided on the right path. All you need is a deep reflection, the study of the Word, maybe fasting and also prayer. Apart from this, try and attend revival program, Holy Ghost service is at the corner, and also you could listen to inspiring messages of men of God on youtube.
If you are not a Christian then you need to be because God Has absolute answers to every problem and challenges.

1 Like

Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by 4nobody4every1: 9:23am On Dec 01, 2016
Daboomb:

```Ur Time Will Come!

Kenya is 2 hrs ahead of Nigeria, but it does not mean that Nigeria is slow, or that Kenya is fast. Both countries are working based on their own "Time Zone."

Someone is still single. Someone got married and 'waited' 10 yrs before having a child, there is another who had a baby within a year of marriage.

Someone graduated at the age of 22, yet waited 5 years before securing a good job; and there is another who graduated at 27 and secured employment immediately !

Someone became CEO at 25 and died at 50 while another became a CEO at 50 and lived to 90 years.

You are in yours!

Hold on, be strong, and stay true to yourself. All things shall work together for your good.
You’re not late …

Recall that Steve Jobs (Late Apple CEO) was hired and fired by Apple Corp. He later became the owner and employer of those who fired him at first!

You see Life?

In 2005, Diego Simeone was just an ordinary squad player under Fernando Torres as Club Captain.
In 2016, Diego Simeone is now Fernando Torres coach. Torres now takes orders from Simeone.

In the 90's under Jerry Rawlings regime, Dr. Spio Gabriel was the Minister of Communications and John Mahama was his "deputy".
Today John Mahama is the President and has employed his former boss ....as Minister.

You will rise again!

And remember,

I hope you are inspired?

Daboomb!
Well said, this submissions is one the the best post l have read here on nairaland for a longtime, Daboomb, you are a gift to humanity, everything you said is on-point, and this will help so many people both young and old going through difficulty, you come off to me as an experienced chap, wetin old man see while chewing his stick in the early morning, a Harvard graduate will climb Mount Everest and not see it, Eku ishe Daboomb, l dey follow you for property section, Seun needs people like you to manage all sections of his forum, @ Seun, abeg invite this guy to manage a new section called counselling unit and l will also make myself available to also contribute wink

Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by obindomanya(m): 9:30am On Dec 01, 2016
7 things the Holyspirit will do for you- pst chris oyakhilome
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by ademy2007: 9:37am On Dec 01, 2016
Get the bible goodluck as u read
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by adetop4luv: 9:39am On Dec 01, 2016
enjoy your life by Mohammed al arify though its written by an islamic schorler but am very sure a none muslim would also benefit greatly from it.

1 Like

Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by ngolokante(m): 9:51am On Dec 01, 2016
I would recommend the Qur'an for you my brother...Get a very good translation and believe me it will help you. Even if you are not a Muslim, just read it like you read any book you have read before, it will help I guarantee you...You can also read "Don't Be Sad"...its a wonderful book. I feel your pain brother...I battled depression too and almost went suicidal, but books, a good friend and also admiring nature helped me out...If you are in Abuja, we could connect and talk...cheers mate
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 01, 2016
Hello.

What you ask for is quite had to respond to.

What I will ask you do do is to pick up the English translation of the Quran.

With an open heart, read and read more. Remember only an open upwardly raised cup can be fill up with anything.

So.

All the best
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by missyQween(f): 9:58am On Dec 01, 2016
sauceEEP:
Our husbands have gone mad again Concubine by elechi amadi

Concubine is captivating....So much love the book
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by dljbd1(m): 10:04am On Dec 01, 2016
Psalm 42:11
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by kaeycea(m): 10:16am On Dec 01, 2016
Daboomb:

```Ur Time Will Come!

You are in yours!

You’re not late …

You see Life?

very inspirational... you're a gr

You will rise again!

And remember,

I hope you are inspired?

Daboomb!

very inspirational.. you're a great counsellor.

1 Like

Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by patmil: 10:18am On Dec 01, 2016
Listen more to the word of God, pray and read the bible expecially the new testament. Pray that God gives you rest and the peace that passes all understanding.. A product can only find purpose if it refers to its manual (Almighty God)
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by lohresloco: 10:36am On Dec 01, 2016
Truly I'd advise you to listen to Joseph prince's grace capsule and subsequently read Tony Robbins "awaken the giant within"
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by Hawlahscho(m): 10:48am On Dec 01, 2016
marcondo13:
Any book by Og Mandino,especially the greatest salesman in the world! It will surely give you a kick! Or for a start,google search and download in PDF format " the 10 scrolls by Og Mandino " and you will never regret it because personally, it has served as my personal anchor!
pls do you know where I can get the PDF format of WHY YOU ACT THE WAY YOU DO by Tim Lahaye? Thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Are There No Millionaire Fiction Writers In Nigeria? / Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. / Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Book 7!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.