Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,766 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:01 PM

Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. (10830 Views)

Please Profer A Good Book On Psychology Or About The Human Mind.thanks / Please Recommend A Complete Story / Toke Makinwa's On Becoming E-book For Free For Five Nairalanders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by Pylony(m): 10:49am On Dec 01, 2016
Jorian1:
Good day good people in the literature section. Please I need help, am a lover of books and I find my motivations from good books. Please am so depressed right now because the business venture I invested my cash is on a hold and now the supplementary list is out and my name too is not there. So I feel so depressed because I believed that the business will be successful and I will also gain admission but am left with nothing now. I just feel this year is a total waste but I believe I can Still keep going but I need a good motivation right now. My archive can't help me now. Please I need a good recommendation for my spirit to be back. I good book can help keep me going, I don't want to start drinking beer or having any bad thought so as to wave myself off this depression. I Still want to push further and be in the right part.

I may not need this in front page but all I need is your help, please am counting on you guys. Thanks.
If you're a Christian, go look for the book title: How To Win Over Depression by Tim LaHaye. Being an introvert and a depressed fellow my self, i found hope after Reading this book written by an expert in that area of emotional imbalance.
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by Chukabiz1961(m): 11:01am On Dec 01, 2016
Mathew 6:27 will help you. The whole Bible is there as a guide for all your needs.
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by faculty01: 11:03am On Dec 01, 2016
For the depressed fellow, I was more depressed than u earlier, I had about a million naira this year, bought a land, started building my house, eat well, have a car, work in an office were I could live on appreciations and save my salary for investment. After investing almost all I had in my on going building, I had an issue with my boss over diversion of funds which he was always trying to do with force as my boss instructing I send some of my operational funds back to him. As i refused, it became 1 problem too another, condemn me to my MD, all complain from my region I'm d cause, made sure I was made to resign and my MD never called to ask me what the issue was. I had virtually nothing again, my funds were in my building project, my rent was close so I paid with the last huge sum I had for 2017 rent, I could not eat well, I could not fuel my car, almost all my friends who were always with me in 1 joint or movies disappeared. I was so depressed that even ppl I do lend money to in tens of thousands and hundreds to thousand were not even their to assist me. But a friend gave me a book that changed my life ATITUDE IS EVERYTHING BY KEITH HARREL. I have not gotten a job yet but am happy and I now use my car to carry passengers from Ado to town(Abuja) everyday making something to keep me going till a job opens for me. Challenges are part of the organogram of life.

2 Likes

Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by Justiyke4u: 11:05am On Dec 01, 2016
The Secret, The Law Of Attraction
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by NevetsIbot(m): 11:16am On Dec 01, 2016
Don't commit suicide by nevetsibot
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by Holysholay: 11:19am On Dec 01, 2016
Daboomb:

Here is something for you to meditate on:

```Ur Time Will Come!

Kenya is 2 hrs ahead of Nigeria, but it does not mean that Nigeria is slow, or that Kenya is fast. Both countries are working based on their own "Time Zone."

Someone is still single. Someone got married and 'waited' 10 yrs before having a child, there is another who had a baby within a year of marriage.

Someone graduated at the age of 22, yet waited 5 years before securing a good job; and there is another who graduated at 27 and secured employment immediately !

Someone became CEO at 25 and died at 50 while another became a CEO at 50 and lived to 90 years.

Everyone works based on their 'Time Zone',
People can have things worked out only according to their pace.

Work in your “time zone”.

Your Colleagues, friends, younger ones might "seem" to go ahead of you.
May be some might "seem" behind you.

Don't envy them or mock them, it's their 'Time Zone.'
You are in yours!

Hold on, be strong, and stay true to yourself. All things shall work together for your good.
You’re not late …

Recall that Steve Jobs (Late Apple CEO) was hired and fired by Apple Corp. He later became the owner and employer of those who fired him at first!

The Fall of a man is not the end of his Life!
It is adversity like this, that proves the "man" in you.

If still in doubt that "Life can change", consider the following:

In 1985, Dasuki arrested Buhari.
In 2016, Buhari arrested Dasuki.
If you were Dasuki and l told you that would happen, wont you just laugh?

In 1995, Al Mustapha arrested Obasanjo on the order of General Abacha.
In 1999, Obasanjo arrested Al Mustapha and he was jailed for 8 years.
You see Life?

In 2005, Diego Simeone was just an ordinary squad player under Fernando Torres as Club Captain.
In 2016, Diego Simeone is now Fernando Torres coach. Torres now takes orders from Simeone.
You see, as long as their is life, their is Hope!

In the 90's under Jerry Rawlings regime, Dr. Spio Gabriel was the Minister of Communications and John Mahama was his "deputy".
Today John Mahama is the President and has employed his former boss ....as Minister.
So you see, this disappointment is not the end of your Life.

You will rise again!
Smile and learn the lessons.

And remember,
You are not early ... you’re very much On time!

*RESPECT YOUR OWN TIME ZONE*`

I hope you are inspired?

Daboomb!

You are awesome, can we be friends pls.
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by ernimirah: 11:29am On Dec 01, 2016
When God Doesn't Make Sense Book by James Dobson Try and read this it will clear ur head
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by WINDSOW(m): 11:31am On Dec 01, 2016
Joshuamilarge:
A Bible and a copy of rhapsody of realities by pastor Chris.
So that he could learn how to divorce his wife. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by funmiayodele(f): 11:36am On Dec 01, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]LIFE'S CHALLENGES YOUR OPPORTUNITIES BY JOHN HAGEE. AM SURE YOU WILL BE BLESS AS YOU READ THIS BOOK.
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by Googleus(m): 11:37am On Dec 01, 2016
BANK CREDIT ALERT
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by lanchy: 12:01pm On Dec 01, 2016
Jorian1:
Good day good people in the literature section. Please I need help, am a lover of books and I find my motivations from good books. Please am so depressed right now because the business venture I invested my cash is on a hold and now the supplementary list is out and my name too is not there. So I feel so depressed because I believed that the business will be successful and I will also gain admission but am left with nothing now. I just feel this year is a total waste but I believe I can Still keep going but I need a good motivation right now. My archive can't help me now. Please I need a good recommendation for my spirit to be back. I good book can help keep me going, I don't want to start drinking beer or having any bad thought so as to wave myself off this depression. I Still want to push further and be in the right part.

I may not need this in front page but all I need is your help, please am counting on you guys. Thanks.

For unlimited books, install Amazon Kindle for PC which allows you access to Amazon books online........You can then download either free books/sample books.....or people can send you books to your Amazon account. https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201245960

I only buy technical books (Virtualisation etc) if you are interested in those, I can share with you, else there are promo's for free books every now and then.
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by harlems02: 12:06pm On Dec 01, 2016
Go and read "The Power of Positive Thinking" by Norman Vincent Pearle. Everything you need to get out of worries are there. Shalom!
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by Valkyr: 12:44pm On Dec 01, 2016
Read Paul Coelho's works. The Alchemist is a perfect kick off
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by BarakOkenny(m): 12:58pm On Dec 01, 2016
4nobody4every1:
Tough times never last but tough people do >>> Robert Schuller wink
that's just the one.
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by 4nobody4every1: 1:00pm On Dec 01, 2016
BarakOkenny:
that's just the one.

cool
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by DrTonex(m): 1:25pm On Dec 01, 2016
Well said
handsomeclouds:
Don't be sad... Enjoy your life

1 Like

Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by Nobody: 1:39pm On Dec 01, 2016
The Bible and Jehovah's witness articles like Awake, Watchtower, What the Bible Really Teach, I Questions young people ask and Answers that work, etc request for it from a Jehovah Witness close to the U or u log in to www.jw.org
note% I am not a Jehovah's witness but I find their article educating n inspirational .

1 Like

Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by guyla: 1:50pm On Dec 01, 2016
The Bible please give it a trial
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by sexymalato: 2:07pm On Dec 01, 2016
Let her read " the sweet smell of my mentral pad" by sexymalato left brain
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by StarCj(m): 2:12pm On Dec 01, 2016
look for ANY of these books THE SECRET, THE POWER OR THE MAGIC

it will help you well. Then, if you are a Christian, I will recommend Andrew Wommack tapes. He tapes are free online. just get the Christian kits
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by usj(m): 2:57pm On Dec 01, 2016
In my Second year in the university I was so depressed that it even affected my CGPA, those days I could not eat, I would be in a lecture hall park full of about 300 people And still be feeling so lone, I felt there was nothing to live for anymore. I even thought of been a dropout but then I stumbled on this book by Kaith Harry " Attitude is everything " and the bible, I listen to motivational speaker like less brown and Joel Osteen, and my life was never the same again I gained confidence ever since. just hang in there and don't loss hope all would be well. You can get their materials for free on YouTube and convert it to audio if that's what you want. But Attitude is everything is a book worth having!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 01, 2016
Purpose driven life by Rick Warren. Take two sachets of water daily and just after one month, the depression will flee.
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by mamaafrik(m): 4:12pm On Dec 01, 2016
haywire07:
Bible
the book of psalm and proverb.

1 Like

Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by Mockinbird: 4:30pm On Dec 01, 2016
GossipHeart:

Bro

One thing you should know is that no book can put you out of your so called depression

How much did you lose ??

I've lost millions of naira and I'm still strong

One thing i believe is that one/book/human/spirit or no element can condition my mood/feeling or depress me or put me in panic

Years later, you gon look at the so called money lost and laugh

If you are hard working enough to venture into any business and lose some money, you will be hard working enough to find another business and make your money
You fail!- Just like your dads condom.
NO books, no life!
Op, quote me, i can help reprogramme your brain.
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by mytym(m): 5:08pm On Dec 01, 2016
God's Debris by Scott Adams

Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by mytym(m): 5:19pm On Dec 01, 2016
Jorian1:

God's Debris by Scott Adams
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by mechouk1: 5:22pm On Dec 01, 2016
In my opinion, none better than "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill. It's amazing! It is very old but simply magical. Most of the current motivational books culled a lot of their material from this book. Have fun!
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by BetterChurch: 7:30pm On Dec 01, 2016
How to find God
Jorian1:

Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by sonofthunder: 8:57pm On Dec 01, 2016
Jorian1:

bible and chicken soup for the soul.
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by Daboomb: 10:35pm On Dec 01, 2016
Mentcee:

Good

Thanks~!
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by Nobody: 11:40pm On Dec 01, 2016
NEVER GIVE UP BY JOYCE MEYER...U WILL LIKE IT
Re: Please, Recommend a good book for a depressed fellow. by ANGELLILLY(f): 7:25am On Dec 02, 2016
depression is bad so i would advice you to read your bible matthew 6 vs 25 to 34. also battlefield of the mind by joyce meyer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Are There No Millionaire Fiction Writers In Nigeria? / Your Thoughts ,my Thoughts,our Thoughts. / Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Book 7!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.