Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,760 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg (30700 Views)

Lagos Bans Cart Pushers And Wheelbarrow Operators In The State / Army Captain Ordered Us To Steal Saraki’s Money- Arrested DSS Official Confesses / We Won’t Fix Food Prices — FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by dipoolowoo: 11:10am On Nov 30, 2016
By Dipo Olowookere
Nigeria’s Minister of Communication, Mr Adebayo Shittu, has disclosed that the Federal Government never gave any directive to telecommunications operators in the country to increase prices of data from Thursday, December 1, 2016 as claimed.

Since the beginning of this week, Nigerians have continued to kick against messages sent to them via text messages by telecoms operators, informing them that from tomorrow, prices of data would go up and in some cases, by 100 percent.

Network providers claimed they were ordered by the telecoms regulator, the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), to raise data tariffs.

“Dear valued customer, effective 1st Dec 2016, we will review our data plans & prices in compliance with NCC directive,” a message from Etisalat to its subscribers read.

But speaking on Wednesday on RayPower FM’s Fact File programme, which was monitored in Lagos by Business Post, the Minister said he was never consulted before the announcement was made. He stressed that the government did not authorise the operators to raise the tariffs.

However, he assured Nigerians that the government would look into the matter and continue to protect their interests.

“I can tell you that I was never a party to it (data tariff hike). Government never gave any such instruction. This government believes in democratic process and we would continue to protect the interest of Nigerians. I can assure you we would do that (protect interest of Nigerians),” he said on the radio programme.

Also on the issue of subscribers still getting unsolicited messages from operators, Mr Shittu promised to take steps to stop the menace.

He lamented that he also gets such messages from his operator. “I am also a victim of unsolicited messages from operators, but I promise government will take pragmatic steps to stop this,” the Minister said.

http://www.businesspost.ng/2016/11/30/we-never-ordered-operators-to-raise-data-prices-fg/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by sarrki(m): 11:11am On Nov 30, 2016
I know

Wailers need urgent debugging of their entire system

For optimal performance

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:12am On Nov 30, 2016
The government MUST stop the Telcos from implementing it to justify their claim.

158 Likes 5 Shares

Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by yarimo(m): 11:15am On Nov 30, 2016
I pity anyone that believe FG claim.

221 Likes 9 Shares

Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by WizBLANCE(m): 11:15am On Nov 30, 2016
Yes they never did but i did order the raise in data price..... NEXT

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by sarrki(m): 11:15am On Nov 30, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
The government MUST stop the Telcos from implementing it to justify their claim.

Seconded

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by TonyeBarcanista(m): 11:17am On Nov 30, 2016
sarrki:

Seconded
And I was even planning staging protest tomorrow at NCC HQ

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by sarrki(m): 11:17am On Nov 30, 2016
yarimo:

So who should we believe?

You ?

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by Atiku2019: 11:17am On Nov 30, 2016
It Was Atiku Abubakar Who Ordered all Telecoms to Increase their Data Tarrifs grin

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by sarrki(m): 11:17am On Nov 30, 2016
TonyeBarcanista:
And I was even planning staging protest tomorrow at NCC HQ

grin grin

2 Likes

Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by dunkem21(m): 11:19am On Nov 30, 2016
It is only a fool that will not load data today..

Just take am say Fuel wan increase price tomorrow cheesy.. you no go fill ya tank?

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by Atiku2019: 11:19am On Nov 30, 2016
sarrki:

You ?

We should all believe You Sarrki a core loyalist of an Incompetent Government grin

115 Likes 7 Shares

Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by jamislaw(m): 11:20am On Nov 30, 2016
APShit you disappointed me.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by Atiku2019: 11:20am On Nov 30, 2016
dunkem21:
cheesy

Haha make I join you laugh na cheesy cheesy cheesy

5 Likes

Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by yarimo(m): 11:20am On Nov 30, 2016
sarrki:

You ?

that is how FG claim that, they are not aware of fuel pump hike . And what happens latter?

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by eleko1: 11:21am On Nov 30, 2016
May ogun strike them if dey nor increase d data tomorrow. Nonsense

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by Atiku2019: 11:21am On Nov 30, 2016
jamislaw:
APShit you disappointed me.

Oh they just disappointed you today? Well we've all been disappointed since time Immemorial cool

11 Likes

Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by dunkem21(m): 11:22am On Nov 30, 2016
Atiku2019:

Haha make I join you laugh na cheesy cheesy cheesy

I be Wan thank Atiku2019 before cheesy

Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 30, 2016
You didn't order them but you forced them to, with your own tariffs on their activities.

I think this silly FG sees Nigerians as grandmas and grandpas who are so senile to think straight.

Imagine brainless Buhari and his mkpi minister seeing intelligent Nigerians as ab0kkis.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by OZAOEKPE(f): 11:23am On Nov 30, 2016
eleko1:
grin only ATIKU can do it grin

2 Likes

Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by Israeljones(m): 11:23am On Nov 30, 2016
Atiku2019:
It Was Atiku Abubakar Who Ordered all Telecoms to Increase their Data Tarrifs grin
I still dont understand why yu people keep supporting this old thieves coming back to hunt us again...
Have we not had enuf of this recycled trash? .....
The true problem of this nation is not the politicians but bt the few bad eggs among Nigerians...

Pathetic

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by madridguy(m): 11:23am On Nov 30, 2016
Mr Adebayo Shittu need to be sacked with immediate effect. You mean you also received same sms and you're just releasing statement regarding the claim means you're incompetent sir. We sabi your plan but God Almighty will shame you all as you want to make life unbearable for Nigerians.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 30, 2016
Haba FG

5 Likes

Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by Atiku2019: 11:24am On Nov 30, 2016
eleko1:

The Moment when a core loyalist of an Incompetent President Complains.....

18 Likes

Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by OZAOEKPE(f): 11:25am On Nov 30, 2016
Israeljones:

I still dont understand why yu people keep supporting this old thieves coming back to hunt us again...
The true problem of this nation is the politicians but ht few bad eggs among Nigerians...

Pathetic
did he steal your money cool ?

2 Likes

Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by Atiku2019: 11:26am On Nov 30, 2016
Israeljones:

The true problem of this nation is the politicians but ht few bad eggs among Nigerians...

Pathetic

We are talking about the increase in Data Tarrifs here cry We can discuss politics later

2 Likes

Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by OZAOEKPE(f): 11:26am On Nov 30, 2016
Atiku2019:

The Moment when a core loyalist of an Incompetent President Complains.....
eleko1 eyes don open, only ATIKU can save us cool

2 Likes

Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by Jesusloveyou: 11:26am On Nov 30, 2016
yarimo:
everything is lie in your village

2 Likes

Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by OZAOEKPE(f): 11:27am On Nov 30, 2016
eleko1:

onatisi come see one of buhari loyalists converting ooooo

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by Atiku2019: 11:29am On Nov 30, 2016
dunkem21:

I be Wan thank Atiku2019 before cheesy

Lol grin grin abeg send some cards give these APC warriors if not we go miss them tomorrow cry cry cry

4 Likes

Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by Atiku2019: 11:29am On Nov 30, 2016
OZAOEKPE:

eleko1 eyes don open, only ATIKU can save us cool

cool

6 Likes

Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by tundafayaBuhari: 11:32am On Nov 30, 2016
APC INCREASED fuel price to N145,
APC imposed stamp duty N50 on us,
APC wants to hike Internet data tariff so that we CRITICISE them less. The only party that can save us now is MMM

21 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Govs Fear Tinubu’s Role As Buhari Inaugurates Campaign Council / Boko Haram Takes Over Nigerian Navy Base On Lake Chad - Sahara Reporters / El-Rufai Angry With Tinubu For Snubbing Him As Running Mate - Daily Independent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.