Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:13 AM

We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg (30739 Views)

Lagos Bans Cart Pushers And Wheelbarrow Operators In The State / Army Captain Ordered Us To Steal Saraki’s Money- Arrested DSS Official Confesses / We Won’t Fix Food Prices — FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by kennyanju(m): 2:01pm On Nov 30, 2016
Do something about it
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/ncc-please-dont-increase-the-cost-of-data
Please sign the petition and share

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by oluxy(m): 2:06pm On Nov 30, 2016
Why is he speaking now......

I don't believe this dude minister.
If you watch when he appeared before the senates, you wil see he's good at lies.
Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:18pm On Nov 30, 2016
akaahs:

abeg i wana follow u joint go do the protest. Alla me anytime
The Senate has intervened

Let's watch what happens tomorrow and next

PROTEST SUSPENDED
Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:18pm On Nov 30, 2016
Admin401:
this news should not stop you

PROTEST SUSPENDED
Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:19pm On Nov 30, 2016
Iamvictor:
I won't be part of the protest because of my distance from the place ( I stay in Ekiti) but I will surely publish this on my SMS

PROTEST SUSPENDED
Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:19pm On Nov 30, 2016
wristbangle:

Thanks bro.

PROTEST SUSPENDED
Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:20pm On Nov 30, 2016
[quote author=akaahs post=51510544][/quote] The Senate has intervened

PROTEST SUSPENDED
Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by REDshouse(m): 2:28pm On Nov 30, 2016
Atiku2019:
It Was Atiku Abubakar Who Ordered all Telecoms to Increase their Data Tarrifs grin
abeg make i no curse u and ATIKU...is it the same ATIKU that brought pentascope to ground all Nitel finances including pensions... ATIKU is a big thief and if it shld remain only ATIKU as option I will rather call for military to intervene
Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by mediaspy: 2:33pm On Nov 30, 2016
Israeljones:

I still dont understand why yu people keep supporting this old thieves coming back to hunt us again...
Have we not had enuf of this recycled trash? .....
The true problem of this nation is not the politicians but bt the few bad eggs among Nigerians...

Pathetic

Did u say bad eggs or u meant to say egg heads with rotten yoke as brains ...the problem with Nigeria is not the politicians, but stupid Nigerians that keep supporting and voting the wrong ppl
Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by DeanAmbrose23: 2:34pm On Nov 30, 2016
sarrki:
I know

Wailers need urgent debugging of their entire system

For optimal performance
So Etisalat are now wailing too? You and dullardinhoe will answer to the Nigerian people if any of these giant Telecom's company should pack bag and leave due to policy flip-flop of this administration. The so called 16yrs misrule attracted those multi billion dollars investment which employed millions of Nigerians and put food on their tables.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by mcroeb(m): 3:11pm On Nov 30, 2016
i still don't understand this government. there was a time some part of this government were saying FG removed fuel subsidy while the rest were saying FG increase pump prce. Now data again, MTN is claiming that there will be hike in the price of data as a result of NCC directive and NCC is disclaiming it now. Who is fooling who in this country?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by emmamedicro46(m): 3:13pm On Nov 30, 2016
dipoolowoo:
By Dipo Olowookere
Nigeria’s Minister of Communication, Mr Adebayo Shittu, has disclosed that the Federal Government never gave any directive to telecommunications operators in the country to increase prices of data from Thursday, December 1, 2016 as claimed.

Since the beginning of this week, Nigerians have continued to kick against messages sent to them via text messages by telecoms operators, informing them that from tomorrow, prices of data would go up and in some cases, by 100 percent.

Network providers claimed they were ordered by the telecoms regulator, the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC), to raise data tariffs.

“Dear valued customer, effective 1st Dec 2016, we will review our data plans & prices in compliance with NCC directive,” a message from Etisalat to its subscribers read.

But speaking on Wednesday on RayPower FM’s Fact File programme, which was monitored in Lagos by Business Post, the Minister said he was never consulted before the announcement was made. He stressed that the government did not authorise the operators to raise the tariffs.

However, he assured Nigerians that the government would look into the matter and continue to protect their interests.

“I can tell you that I was never a party to it (data tariff hike). Government never gave any such instruction. This government believes in democratic process and we would continue to protect the interest of Nigerians. I can assure you we would do that (protect interest of Nigerians),” he said on the radio programme.

Also on the issue of subscribers still getting unsolicited messages from operators, Mr Shittu promised to take steps to stop the menace.

He lamented that he also gets such messages from his operator. “I am also a victim of unsolicited messages from operators, but I promise government will take pragmatic steps to stop this,” the Minister said.

http://www.businesspost.ng/2016/11/30/we-never-ordered-operators-to-raise-data-prices-fg/

Of course they will deny it and blame it on the operators and the operators will blame the NCC hoping ro toss poor nigerians around its not like Nigerians will do anything anyway.
Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by DeanAmbrose23: 3:47pm On Nov 30, 2016
babasolo:

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yesss....Oga Smellymouth abeg help me with that daniel brian pix
For what nah! He has messed up Smackdown!
Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by jpphilips(m): 4:12pm On Nov 30, 2016
Israeljones:

I still dont understand why yu people keep supporting this old thieves coming back to hunt us again...
Have we not had enuf of this recycled trash? .....
The true problem of this nation is not the politicians but bt the few bad eggs among Nigerians...

Pathetic

They aint few but many
Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by zeka: 4:38pm On Nov 30, 2016
sarrki:

Seconded
Thirded
Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by Joysie77(f): 4:41pm On Nov 30, 2016
If they increase data tariff they will be cutting their patronage because everyone will just shift to cheat codes. So, who will be losing then? Nigeria being a resource loaded state, in this case oil, will never be welcoming to taxes in any form. Government needs to be accountable first before they can hold people accountable to performing their civic duties.

Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by Opsyguy: 5:36pm On Nov 30, 2016
lets all wait and see their outcome
Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by naija247: 7:42pm On Nov 30, 2016
Who come say make dem increase the tariff? Na Jonathan, no people don tire to hear this wan. Ok na Fayose, abi na IPOB, ebi like say na IMN. Ehen I don get the answer na Atiku fault.....
Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by Forwetinnah: 7:49pm On Nov 30, 2016
....so who did? The kind of nuisances running this country..they never know anything. So NCC will just sit down and okay tariff increase without anyone's consent?. Bunch of unrepentant liars, now that their silly plans to fleece poor Nigerians have been exposed, they're claiming ignorance

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by yarimo(m): 8:16pm On Nov 30, 2016
Jesusloveyou:
everything is lie in your village
yeah you are right, here in SAMBISA FOREST We don't trust FG grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by Roadmike(m): 12:11am On Dec 01, 2016
Never seen a dirty looking and incompetent Minister as this scrubby looking man called Shittu .

Wonder a daft like him should me made minister of communication of all ministries .

Indeed this data increase is unheard of and incomprehensible.

Doubt if the minister understands his job as a regulator ?

As a regulator in that industry he is expected to protect the Consumers from the Shylock Operators by ensuring competition the is health and not cartel formation, which is what the daft is promoting .
[size=18pt]
#SHITTUMUSTGO

#BUHARIMUSTGO

#DANBATTAMUSTGO[/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by Nobody: 12:58am On Dec 01, 2016
yarimo:
I pity anyone that believe FG claim.
we know
Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by Nobody: 1:14am On Dec 01, 2016
tundafayaBuhari:
APC INCREASED fuel price to N145,
APC imposed stamp duty N50 on us,
APC wants to hike Internet data tariff so that we CRITICISE them less. The only party that can save us now is MMM
Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by Nobody: 1:15am On Dec 01, 2016
Roadmike:
Never seen a dirty looking and incompetent Minister as this scrubby looking man called Shittu .

Wonder a daft like him should me made minister of communication of all ministries .

Indeed this data increase is unheard of and incomprehensible.

Doubt if the minister understands his job as a regulator ?

As a regulator in that industry he is expected to protect the Consumers from the Shylock Operators by ensuring competition the is health and not cartel formation, which is what the daft is promoting .
[size=18pt]
#SHITTUMUSTGO

#BUHARIMUSTGO

#DANBATTAMUSTGO[/size]
the minister is only doing what mad buhari asked him to do
Re: We Never Ordered Operators To Raise Data Prices—fg by onatisi(m): 3:33am On Dec 01, 2016
OZAOEKPE:

onatisi come see one of buhari loyalists converting ooooo
Brother mi,leave them,nobody will teach them before they start crying out. Just dey look dem

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

War At Benue State House Of Assembly As Lawmakers Exchange Blows / Femi Fani-Kayode Visits Bishop Oyedepo Today (Photos) / Naira Scarcity: Protesters Hit Sagamu, Raze Banks, INEC, IBEDC Offices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.