Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,279 members, 7,815,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:52 PM

Police Probe John Terry's Father Over 'cocaine Deal' - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Police Probe John Terry's Father Over 'cocaine Deal' (2167 Views)

John Terry Cleared Of Racism Against Anton Ferdinand / John Terry In England Euro 2012 Squad As Ferdinand Is Left Out / John Terry Appointed Player-manager For England For Euro' 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Probe John Terry's Father Over 'cocaine Deal' by bandely(m): 6:05pm On Nov 09, 2009
John Terry's dad will be investigated according to police

ENGLAND football captain John Terry suffered fresh family shame yesterday as police said they would investigate alleged cocaine dealing by his father Ted.

The Chelsea defender was forced to endure an embarrassing public account of how the jobless 55-year-old helped set up an illicit deal.

Terry senior was said to have handed over three grams of the Class A drug for £120 to an undercover newspaper reporter at an Essex wine bar.

Last night, Essex Police promised to investigate the alleged deal – ­captured on secret video cameras – and press charges if they found ­evidence of serious wrong-doing.

The family scandal was the second this year to cause acute embarrassment to the 28-year-old footballer.

Eight months ago, his mother Sue and his mother-in-law Sue Poole were cautioned after being caught shoplifting clothes and groceries worth £800 from Marks & Spencer and Tesco.

After that incident, both women protested their innocence, claiming there had been a complete “misunderstanding”. Their solicitor said they had consented to the caution without legal advice and without ­realising its implications – that it was an admission of guilt.

Yesterday John Terry, who also captains his club, was leading the side out at Stamford Bridge in their Premier League clash with Manchester United.

But his father was nowhere to be seen at the house in Chafford Hundred, Essex, which his son bought for him with his £135,000-a-week earnings.

The newspaper article claimed Terry senior acted as an intermediary between the reporter – who posed as a wealthy businessman’s chauffeur – and a drug dealer.

After meeting at his local, the Unit 4 bar, half a mile from his home, he made a number of telephone calls before supplying three “wraps”.

Bespectacled Terry, who wore shorts, sweater and trainers throughout the transaction, was given £40 for setting up the deal, then boasted: “The stuff’s all right. I get off on it.”

SEARCH UK NEWS for:

He also told how he did not need to work because his famous son had bought his new-build home and paid for luxury holidays to destinations including Florida and Dubai.

In an expletive-littered exchange, Terry senior also hinted that he would supply more cocaine to the undercover reporter. “I can most probably get it f*****g cheaper but he don’t know you, so he’s charging you the right price, know what I mean?

“But if they want whatever, then I’ll sort you out.”

Professing himself the “proudest man round here” and a West Ham United supporter, he said his “lifetime dream” was to see his son captain the East London club.

But he was keen to keep his clandestine deal secret, pleading with the reporter not to tell his “boss”.

“This is just between me and you,” he said. “Don’t tell him that I’m John Terry’s dad. I can’t have this going back.

“You can’t tell them I’m John Terry’s dad. I’ve just got them a load of gear.”

Yesterday, Ted Terry’s friends claimed he was not a drug dealer but had been caught off-guard, doing a favour for someone he knew.

One said: “People have spoken to him today and said he is devastated and in bits over what has happened.

“He is a really nice bloke, really friendly and this is not something he would normally be involved with. He is not a drug dealer he was just helping out a friend.

“This guy asked if he could get him drugs and he said yes – he knows people. Anyone can get drugs around here.

“He doesn’t work because he doesn’t have to and he doesn’t need the money.

“He is really close to his son but he doesn’t like to talk about him – he doesn’t brag about it. If the football comes on in the pub he leaves because he doesn’t like to be surrounded by all the people.

“Everyone knows who he is around here anyway.”

Staff at Unit 4 said Terry’s father had not been back since the story broke but had been barred anyway.

Essex Police said there was no investigation underway into Ted Terry but officers were happy to look at the newspaper’s evidence.

“We will look at the evidence and deal with it appropriately,” a spokesman said.

John Terry, the father of twins with model wife Toni Poole, has been no stranger to controversy himself. He was arrested following a fracas at a club in 2003, though he was later cleared of four charges, including ­affray and wounding with intent.

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/139095/Police-probe-John-Terry-s-father-over-cocaine-deal-/
Re: Police Probe John Terry's Father Over 'cocaine Deal' by Vieira(m): 6:12pm On Nov 09, 2009
The mum is a thief and the dad is a low level drug dealer, sounds about right for a Chelsea player. Chav to the core.
Re: Police Probe John Terry's Father Over 'cocaine Deal' by bandely(m): 6:15pm On Nov 09, 2009
What has the Family got to do with crime sef?

First it is mother shop lifting, now it is father selling cocain     angry angry angry  cry cry cry cry  embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Police Probe John Terry's Father Over 'cocaine Deal' by Cristalz(f): 6:19pm On Nov 09, 2009
LOL grin
Apparently JT doesn't share his earnings with family.
They are forced to fend for themselves in the best ways they know how. cheesy grin
Re: Police Probe John Terry's Father Over 'cocaine Deal' by bandely(m): 6:34pm On Nov 09, 2009
LOL!
Wonti shepe fun famili won oo.
Re: Police Probe John Terry's Father Over 'cocaine Deal' by mukina2: 6:39pm On Nov 09, 2009
grin grin grin grin
Re: Police Probe John Terry's Father Over 'cocaine Deal' by bandely(m): 6:48pm On Nov 09, 2009
Cristalz:

LOL grin
Apparently JT doesn't share his earnings with family.
They are forced to fend for themselves in the best ways they know how. cheesy grin

"Yesterday John Terry, who also captains his club, was leading the side out at Stamford Bridge in their Premier League clash with Manchester United.

But his father was nowhere to be seen at the house in Chafford Hundred, Essex, which his son bought for him with his £135,000-a-week earnings."

Baba go do Business!
I swear I tire for this family cry
Re: Police Probe John Terry's Father Over 'cocaine Deal' by mukina2: 6:53pm On Nov 09, 2009
Sorry Bandy if you cant beat them join them grin cheesy

You can also Join the Terry Family grin
Re: Police Probe John Terry's Father Over 'cocaine Deal' by bandely(m): 7:08pm On Nov 09, 2009
mukina2:

Sorry Bandy if you cant beat them join them grin cheesy

You can also Join the Terry Family grin
Huh? did I hear you say something?
Re: Police Probe John Terry's Father Over 'cocaine Deal' by mukina2: 7:24pm On Nov 09, 2009
" grin "
Re: Police Probe John Terry's Father Over 'cocaine Deal' by bandely(m): 8:14pm On Nov 09, 2009
mukina2:

" grin "
Better! cool
Re: Police Probe John Terry's Father Over 'cocaine Deal' by Ibime(m): 9:13pm On Nov 09, 2009
Make una leave baba Terry jare. He's only doing this cocaine fixing schitzo for fun.

Come on, with all the money the man has, why would he be a cocaine fixer? Cocaine fixers are broke. I know a lot of em. If baba Terry was a real criminal, he would be selling the coke properly, not fixing his friends with a £50 hit per time. That na poor man bizness.
Re: Police Probe John Terry's Father Over 'cocaine Deal' by edoyad(m): 9:14pm On Nov 09, 2009
And i used to think Ferguson was the only old Clown in The whole of the UK
Re: Police Probe John Terry's Father Over 'cocaine Deal' by Sauron1: 9:38pm On Nov 09, 2009
Ibime:

Make una leave baba Terry jare. He's only doing this cocaine fixing schitzo for fun.

Come on, with all the money the man has, why would he be a cocaine fixer? Cocaine fixers are broke. I know a lot of em. If baba Terry was a real criminal, he would be selling the coke properly, not fixing his friends with a £50 hit per time. That na poor man bizness.

Terry doesn't fix his parents with the dosh.
His mum is a common shop-lifter and the dad sells crack cocaine.
What a family!!! But for football, John Terry himself(born n bred in Barking) woulda been in Prison.
Re: Police Probe John Terry's Father Over 'cocaine Deal' by ritchboy(m): 12:45am On Nov 10, 2009
Mother petty thief, father petty drug dealer. I wonder what his brothers & sisters do cheesy
Re: Police Probe John Terry's Father Over 'cocaine Deal' by mukina2: 12:49am On Nov 10, 2009
bandely:

Better! cool
grin grin grin grin grin grin

~Sauron~:

Terry doesn't fix his parents with the dosh.
His mum is a common shop-lifter and the dad sells crack cocaine.
What a family!!! But for football, John Terry himself(born n bred in Barking) woulda been in Prison.
grin grin grin

ritchboy:

Mother petty thief, father petty drug dealer. I wonder what his brothers & sisters do cheesy
ask Ibime grin
Re: Police Probe John Terry's Father Over 'cocaine Deal' by chic2pimp(m): 1:27am On Nov 10, 2009
mukina2:

ask Ibime grin
Oh Bleep!!!! grin grin cheesy.
Re: Police Probe John Terry's Father Over 'cocaine Deal' by mukina2: 1:32am On Nov 10, 2009
Instigator cheesy grin grin
Re: Police Probe John Terry's Father Over 'cocaine Deal' by chic2pimp(m): 1:39am On Nov 10, 2009
Instigator ke? undecided Nah who type am Me or You? grin grin cheesy

Chei you be wicked person ooo. See as you yab him family finish grin cheesy. Well sha, I trust Ibime not to take am lying down. Revenge is best served ice cold  cool
Re: Police Probe John Terry's Father Over 'cocaine Deal' by mukina2: 1:52am On Nov 10, 2009
chic2pimp:

Instigator ke? undecided Nah who type am Me or You? grin grin cheesy

Chei you be wicked person ooo. See as you yab him family finish grin cheesy. Well sha, I trust Ibime not to take am lying down. Revenge is best served ice cold  cool
sharrap dia grin

Bia if na joke stop am, i didnt yab no one, i only said he should ask Ibime grin
silly instigator, tongue
Re: Police Probe John Terry's Father Over 'cocaine Deal' by dipo2much(m): 4:06am On Nov 10, 2009
Must terry's pop sell crack?

WTF
Re: Police Probe John Terry's Father Over 'cocaine Deal' by bandely(m): 10:04am On Nov 10, 2009
mukina2:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin
ask Ibime grin
So Ibime is related to Terry, wonders what he sells too, probably Hemp.

And Muki is his no 1 customer! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Police Probe John Terry's Father Over 'cocaine Deal' by Krayola(m): 12:14pm On Nov 10, 2009
Abeg free Terry popsie. There's almost always more to the story. Media just trying to sell us gist.
Re: Police Probe John Terry's Father Over 'cocaine Deal' by mukina2: 12:16pm On Nov 10, 2009
bandely:

So Ibime is related to Terry, wonders what he sells too, probably Hemp.

And i am his no 1 customer!  grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: Police Probe John Terry's Father Over 'cocaine Deal' by slimshay(m): 1:05pm On Nov 10, 2009
abeg more gists jare, this interlull looks like its gonna be real interesting.
Re: Police Probe John Terry's Father Over 'cocaine Deal' by Nobody: 1:40pm On Nov 10, 2009
why ain't i surprised?
cheating thug footballer from a house built by crime. grin
Re: Police Probe John Terry's Father Over 'cocaine Deal' by bandely(m): 1:44pm On Nov 10, 2009
mukina2:

grin grin grin

You dey refer to yourself! tongue grin grin
Re: Police Probe John Terry's Father Over 'cocaine Deal' by mukina2: 2:11pm On Nov 10, 2009
who post story? lipsrsealed grin grin
Re: Police Probe John Terry's Father Over 'cocaine Deal' by bandely(m): 2:36pm On Nov 10, 2009
Bandely tongue
Re: Police Probe John Terry's Father Over 'cocaine Deal' by mukina2: 2:51pm On Nov 10, 2009
so it means you are also in it lipsrsealed grin
Re: Police Probe John Terry's Father Over 'cocaine Deal' by bandely(m): 3:29pm On Nov 10, 2009
mukina2:

so it means you are also in it lipsrsealed grin
If you say so, then our Head Quarters is in Kombo Saint Mary tongue grin
Re: Police Probe John Terry's Father Over 'cocaine Deal' by Emperoh(m): 3:55pm On Nov 10, 2009
I bet JT's father supplied JT what he took before facing Man U last Sunday!!!
Dem don catch am. . . . . Muki, be kiaful oo make u no call me if dem catch u with igbo!! grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nasri, Benzema, Ronaldinho, Adriano, Cambiasso To miss World Cup / Brazillian Wizkid Neymar Passes His Barca Medical Set To Unviel Tonight (photos) / Barcelona Vs Sporting Gijon (3 - 1) On March 3rd 2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.