Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,888 members, 7,841,316 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

We’re Addressing Recession With Wrong Tools —CBN - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / We’re Addressing Recession With Wrong Tools —CBN (18990 Views)

Political Interference In CBN Operations Led To Recession – Moghalu / World Bank Says Nigeria Will Soon Recover From Economic Recession / We’re Addressing Recession With Wrong Tools —CBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We’re Addressing Recession With Wrong Tools —CBN by happney65: 9:06am On Dec 01, 2016
Another Blame game..Never accepted Responsibilty once...omolola15 when will your Guy Buhari and hes people get sense?Hunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: We’re Addressing Recession With Wrong Tools —CBN by 4nobody4every1: 9:06am On Dec 01, 2016
modath:

Na today una realise una wrong approach?

No country that is 90% import dependent can ever be great!! She makes 100 naira & spends 90 of it servicing imports, when others are exporting and adding another 90 from export revenues...

The day i knew this country was done for was when i learnt we import pineapple !! Not even exotic apple, pineapple !! E don be for this country....

As for the destroyers sabotaging critical assets, they can kontinu abeg... their people and cheerleaders are immune from the economic quagmire+ sada... ish!! Dem nor dey beg pikin make e nor carry leprosy, as long as e nor mind to say bush alone.....

@ oduastates ,
Brilliant analysis... & to think some idiotas are planning to snuff life out of the fledgling IT field by data tariff increment plan!! The thunder wey go faya some people..
So sad Nigeria imports Pine-apple, we also import toot pick, matches, with all the fertile lands across the Nation, it seems Nigeria's problem will continue in cycles until we allow professionals with track record to manage the economy and not all this palm wine drinkers and nkwobi eaters who are only after embezzlement, chai, l don taya for Nigeria mata, l am happy l moved out long ago, l can only visit, Nigeria is not a place to live, the stress alone is enough to kill a human being on time, basic things that citizens of other countries enjoy without much ado is a big deal in Nigeria, Na wao sad sad.......

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: We’re Addressing Recession With Wrong Tools —CBN by doctokwus: 9:11am On Dec 01, 2016
Bullshit.The entire economic mgt team from d presidency to the utterly useless CBN are incompetent.
Niger avengers cannot be d cause.
Petroleum subsidy payment has stopped,saving Nigeria several billion dollars,as even Emefiele confirmed.
Imports has drastically reduced,saving billions again.
So if huge billions have been saved,coupled with tjeir shout of fighting corruption and curbing leakages,how come the economy is worse off and millions of Nigerians are barely surviving?
Reason:crass economic incompetence from the head down to the CBN.All other explanations are crap.

2 Likes

Re: We’re Addressing Recession With Wrong Tools —CBN by rusher14: 9:11am On Dec 01, 2016
Lazy bums.

What do you produce that you think you deserve an economy better what you are getting?

Continue hating on the truth lazy blockheads.

More pestilence until you farm or learn to produce something for the rest of society to appreciate.

If you like go import a container full of boxers or nail polish lazy bums.
Re: We’re Addressing Recession With Wrong Tools —CBN by Sibrah: 9:13am On Dec 01, 2016
kingphilip:

I think the government isn't encouraging the purchase of locally made goods hence the citizens toing that path..

Lemme begin my research from here.. The rice the first family is eating is it locally manufactured or imported
I wish most people would criticize based on logic like this and not the everyday blind hate we see . . .
Re: We’re Addressing Recession With Wrong Tools —CBN by mediaspy: 9:19am On Dec 01, 2016
Atiku2019:
You are Adressing Recession with the Wrong President.......

A man who can appoint 10media aides with no professional Economic Adviser grin

Atiku2019

Ur stupidity can not be cured, I am sure u voted Buhari, now it is Atiku, u obviously don't have sense, u made the first mistake voting an old fool, now u want to vote an old thief. Well done .
Re: We’re Addressing Recession With Wrong Tools —CBN by olas24u(f): 9:19am On Dec 01, 2016
Sibrah:
That's the simple and apt explanation most Nigerians may not like or understand.
If we had sizable alternative export good(s) asides oil with which to earn the dollar we badly need to keep buying our N976bn/yr worth of import, no problem, instead we keep depending on the declining oil revenue(due to pipe vandals & global prices) to satisfy our forex need.
Alot people think forex price changes due to policy or leader but I know it is 95% determined by people productiveness and spending pattern.
That's the reason the decline started well before Buhari was sworn in.
In which other country of the world have experienced such an increase within few months?forex is a fraud in this part of the world.everything here is deliberate act to keep the country down.
Re: We’re Addressing Recession With Wrong Tools —CBN by michoim(m): 9:25am On Dec 01, 2016
Evidently the present CNN governor must go...
Re: We’re Addressing Recession With Wrong Tools —CBN by Sibrah: 9:28am On Dec 01, 2016
olas24u:

In which other country of the world have experienced such an increase within few months?forex is a fraud in this part of the world.everything here is deliberate act to keep the country down.
which increase
Re: We’re Addressing Recession With Wrong Tools —CBN by Lilimax(f): 9:39am On Dec 01, 2016
byrron:
A summary of what the CBN Governor is indirectly saying.

Choosing a man that blames everyone else for his own ineptitudes as the President of Nigeria was obviously a conscious choice by Nigerians.

A man that assembles carpenters to profer solutions to the economic woes plaguing the country he presides over is also a hilarious choice and every country makes the choice where it wants to be.

This is what majority of Nigerians chose for their selves as a country.”
Re: We’re Addressing Recession With Wrong Tools —CBN by FavoredGuy: 9:46am On Dec 01, 2016
Good! That is to say you are incompetence. Seek the services of real experts and we will get out of this mess.
Re: We’re Addressing Recession With Wrong Tools —CBN by HopeAtHand: 9:48am On Dec 01, 2016
modath:

Na today una realise una wrong approach?

No country that is 90% import dependent can ever be great!! She makes 100 naira & spends 90 of it servicing imports, when others are exporting and adding another 90 from export revenues...

The day i knew this country was done for was when i learnt we import pineapple !! Not even exotic apple, pineapple !! E don be for this country....

As for the destroyers sabotaging critical assets, they can kontinu abeg... their people and cheerleaders are immune from the economic quagmire+ sada... ish!! Dem nor dey beg pikin make e nor carry leprosy, as long as e nor mind to say bush alone.....

@ oduastates ,
Brilliant analysis... & to think some idiotas are planning to snuff life out of the fledgling IT field by data tariff increment plan!! The thunder wey go faya some people..

You and oduastates are hypocrites. Had Tinubu been on the good with Buhari you lot would have smoothened it up with skillful writings. Now you have suddenly lost faith in Nigeria and the present government you actively campaigned for. Shame.

4 Likes

Re: We’re Addressing Recession With Wrong Tools —CBN by juman(m): 9:50am On Dec 01, 2016
The wrongest tool is the unserious clueless president.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: We’re Addressing Recession With Wrong Tools —CBN by SycophanticGoat: 9:52am On Dec 01, 2016
modath:

You are not slick, people more cunning than you can ever hope to be have a hard time inciting/provoking me let alone you small fry... Quit it, you are trying to reach for a ledge far above your head, get a foot stool or get someone to hoist you up... You nor reach! !!

The greetings isn't for the 2014 APC presidential primary in Lagos i guess... smiley Imagine "arranging" every every & still trail a distant 3rd!!!! Atiku I'm sure still relives the nightmare day in day out!!

You lots keep making mouth on the interweb as usual but Atiku won't to either of Obasanjo or Tinubu, his nos dey dem hand & dem go "pless" am till... ... wink

*mic drop* enough attention granted you, go find some tires to roll & maybe build sandcastle abeg... smiley

Sorry but your 2nd to last paragraph doesn't make any sense..

1 Like

Re: We’re Addressing Recession With Wrong Tools —CBN by SycophanticGoat: 9:54am On Dec 01, 2016
michoim:
Evidently the present CNN governor must go...

Does CNN have a governor?
Re: We’re Addressing Recession With Wrong Tools —CBN by juman(m): 9:54am On Dec 01, 2016
byrron:
A summary of what the CBN Governor is indirectly saying.

Choosing a man that blames everyone else for his own ineptitudes as the President of Nigeria was obviously a conscious choice by Nigerians.

A man that assembles carpenters to profer solutions to the economic woes plaguing the country he presides over is also a hilarious choice and every country makes the choice where it wants to be.

This is what majority of Nigerians chose for their selves as a country.”

Look, despite the failure of this apc government right now.
But without any doubt voting in apc in 2015 was right choice.
In 2015 election PDP was not an option.
Re: We’re Addressing Recession With Wrong Tools —CBN by chigoizie7(m): 9:57am On Dec 01, 2016
This is long over due.
Re: We’re Addressing Recession With Wrong Tools —CBN by MaziOmenuko: 9:58am On Dec 01, 2016
Una never wan sack Emefiele baa?

Until the dundee scatter everything upside down, una eye go clear.

2 Likes

Re: We’re Addressing Recession With Wrong Tools —CBN by ZoneBslayer(m): 9:59am On Dec 01, 2016
HopeAtHand:

You and oduastates are hypocrites. Had Tinubu been on the good with Buhari you lot would have smoothened it up with skillful writings. Now you have suddenly lost faith in Nigeria and the present government you actively campaigned for. Shame.
they breathe, shyte and exude hypocrisy in all it's vileness... double mouthed sellouts who never stand for anything in their lives..

1 Like

Re: We’re Addressing Recession With Wrong Tools —CBN by ZoneBslayer(m): 10:02am On Dec 01, 2016
juman:

Look, despite the failure of this apc government right now.
But without any doubt voting in apc in 2015 was right choice.
In 2015 election PDP was not an option.
the things you tell yourself at night in order to sleep...keep telling yourself that if it makes you sleep better..

1 Like

Re: We’re Addressing Recession With Wrong Tools —CBN by lordyugo: 10:06am On Dec 01, 2016
modath:

You are not slick, people more cunning than you can ever hope to be have a hard time inciting/provoking me let alone you small fry... Quit it, you are trying to reach for a ledge far above your head, get a foot stool or get someone to hoist you up... You nor reach! !!

The greetings isn't for the 2014 APC presidential primary in Lagos i guess... smiley Imagine "arranging" every every & still trail a distant 3rd!!!! Atiku I'm sure still relives the nightmare day in day out!!

You lots keep making mouth on the interweb as usual but Atiku won't to either of Obasanjo or Tinubu, his nos dey dem hand & dem go "pless" am till... ... wink

*mic drop* enough attention granted you, go find some tires to roll & maybe build sandcastle abeg... smiley

u can only impress ur minnows with all these self conceited write ups, hilarious really showing off as a self acclaimed intelligent one, which was bestowed to u in ur fantasy riddled mind.
make ur point no need trying to belittle or make a mockery of d fellows intelligence

1 Like

Re: We’re Addressing Recession With Wrong Tools —CBN by MrEverest(m): 10:09am On Dec 01, 2016
saintmark88:
After reading this people still blame buhari for our economic woes: Nigerians are pathetic
Who else is to be blamed if not the presidiot When he choose to make an enemy out of the oil producing region, and called them 5% who should not expect the same treatment with the parasitic owners of Nigeria, what did you expect Those people should sit back, watch & clap for him as he relegates them while taking away their resources What happened to all inclusive governance? When it took the presidiot 7 months to assemble mediocre and out of tune people as ministers, what do you expect Buhari is the cause of the recession, if he wasnt daft, Nigeria would have at worst, recorded very low growth rates but not this recession and impending depression!

1 Like

Re: We’re Addressing Recession With Wrong Tools —CBN by saintmark88(m): 10:20am On Dec 01, 2016
MrEverest:
Who else is to be blamed if not the presidiot When he choose to make an enemy out of the oil producing region, and called them 5% who should not expect the same treatment with the parasitic owners of Nigeria, what did you expect Those people should sit back, watch & clap for him as he relegates them while taking away their resources What happened to all inclusive governance? When it took the presidiot 7 months to assemble mediocre and out of tune people as ministers, what do you expect Buhari is the cause of the recession, if he wasnt daft, Nigeria would have at worst, recorded very low growth rates but not this recession and impending depression!

You and i know thts not the reason these guys are bombing our oil facilities.....immediately tompolo was declared wanted was wen d bombing started, so ders no need lying

We r not blind to d demands of militants, how does an all inclusive govt have to do with then demanding the FG dropping charges some certain men in EFFC net??

We know tht truth but we love to live n denial......
Re: We’re Addressing Recession With Wrong Tools —CBN by mapet: 10:24am On Dec 01, 2016
modath:

Are you saying he is short both in height and intellect......... grin
Re: We’re Addressing Recession With Wrong Tools —CBN by chigoizie7(m): 10:32am On Dec 01, 2016
Sibrah:
That's the simple and apt explanation most Nigerians may not like or understand.
If we had sizable alternative export good(s) asides oil with which to earn the dollar we badly need to keep buying our N976bn/yr worth of import, no problem, instead we keep depending on the declining oil revenue(due to pipe vandals & global prices) to satisfy our forex need.
Alot people think forex price changes due to policy or leader but I know it is 95% determined by people productiveness and spending pattern.
That's the reason the decline started well before Buhari was sworn in.

I quite agree with u that fx can be determined by people's spending and purchase power.

But govt policy is the key thing here.

Let us take a good look @ the rice issues.

1st govt banned the importation of foreign rice( the ports and borders are well manned to prevent smuggling).

2nd, the govt (mostly state governments) helped so many farmers to access loans and start up local rice production in large quantity, even though we are not yet self sufficient, we will get there soon, I believe that.

3rd. Because of the ban on imported rice and extra duty,extra cost of smuggling, the cost of imported rice went up, up that most people can no longer afford it, thus, switched to local rice.

4th, the govt is helping to talk down on imported rice so that local ones will gain relevance in the market. 1st, the customs started by telling us how chemicals are used to preserve rices that has been unable to gain entrance through the shores. 2nd, they told us about substandard rice. 3rd, the issues of plastic imported rice. 4th, some states started banning the sale of foreign rice in their states( example, ebonyi state govt).

What do u call that? My brother, this is also a govt policy as all those that played a role in such policies,media campaigns are all govt agencies.

With all those and more to come, local rice will be stronger in our markets and cheap too.

Once we become self sufficient, there will then be a total and intolerable ban on imported rice. Now check if all or many imported goods are handled the same way this rice issues were handled. The burden on fx will be drastically reduced.

Few months ago, customs reported that rice worth over 3billlion dollars are all stashed in various warehouses both in Benin republic and niger and Chad, waiting to be smuggled into this country.

My brother, if there is no need for importation of rice as govt is so serious on it, 3billion dollars wouldn't be sourced by importers,thus reducing the burden on fx by @least that 3billion dollars or more.

If this country wants to progress, govt has 90% role to play, there are many investors willing to invest, but can only do that if the govt provides an enabling environment for them.

I don't know what transpired between Erisco foods( tomato production) and govt that made them close shops. I heard they were operating while the govt is still allowing imported tomatoes into the markets and are being sold far cheaper than what is obtainable because they are mostly substandard goods.

If govt had created an avenue for local production, create scarcity to give way to local manufactures, once the little ones that are operating are making it big time, others will be forced to cash in on the advantage, there by giving rooms for many other factories to spring up,

1 Like

Re: We’re Addressing Recession With Wrong Tools —CBN by Sibrah: 10:42am On Dec 01, 2016
chigoizie7:

I quite agree with u that fx can be determined by people's spending and purchase power.

But govt policy is the key thing here.

Let us take a good look @ the rice issues.

1st govt banned the importation of foreign rice( the ports and borders are well manned to prevent smuggling).

2nd, the govt (mostly state governments) helped so many farmers to access loans and start up local rice production in large quantity, even though we are not yet self sufficient, we will get there soon, I believe that.

3rd. Because of the ban on imported rice and extra duty,extra cost of smuggling, the cost of imported rice went up, up that most people can no longer afford it, thus, switched to local rice.

4th, the govt is helping to talk down on imported rice so that local ones will gain relevance in the market. 1st, the customs started by telling us how chemicals are used to preserve rices that has been unable to gain entrance through the shores. 2nd, they told us about substandard rice. 3rd, the issues of plastic imported rice. 4th, some states started banning the sale of foreign rice in their states( example, ebonyi state govt).

What do u call that? My brother, this is also a govt policy as all those that played a role in such policies,media campaigns are all govt agencies.

With all those and more to come, local rice will be stronger in our markets and cheap too.

Once we become self sufficient, there will then be a total and intolerable ban on imported rice. Now check if all or many imported goods are handled the same way this rice issues were handled. The burden on fx will be drastically reduced.

Few months ago, customs reported that rice worth over 3billlion dollars are all stashed in various warehouses both in Benin republic and niger and Chad, waiting to be smuggled into this country.

My brother, if there is no need for importation of rice as govt is so serious on it, 3billion dollars wouldn't be sourced by importers,thus reducing the burden on fx by @least that 3billion dollars or more.

If this country wants to progress, govt has 90% role to play, there are many investors willing to invest, but can only do that if the govt provides an enabling environment for them.

I don't know what transpired between Erisco foods( tomato production) and govt that made them close shops. I heard they were operating while the govt is still allowing imported tomatoes into the markets and are being sold far cheaper than what is obtainable because they are mostly substandard goods.

If govt had created an avenue for local production, create scarcity to give way to local manufactures, once the little ones that are operating are making it big time, others will be forced to cash in on the advantage, there by giving rooms for many other factories to spring up,
You missed the trail of the chain effect of govt policies when you assume govt ban drove the price of rice up. The dollar exchange rate more than any other drove prices up.
Re: We’re Addressing Recession With Wrong Tools —CBN by Jokerman(m): 10:47am On Dec 01, 2016
Atiku2019:

grin grin grin There's no need calling On thunder to strike anyone dearest Modath it's the CHANGE you all campaigned aggressively for wink I Only want to know when the online war between Tinubu e-warriors and APC e-warriors will kick off grin...Any date yet? wink

Good Morning
lol grin
Atiku2019:

grin grin grin There's no need calling On thunder to strike anyone dearest Modath it's the CHANGE you all campaigned aggressively for wink I Only want to know when the online war between Tinubu e-warriors and APC e-warriors will kick off grin...Any date yet? wink

Good Morning
lol
Re: We’re Addressing Recession With Wrong Tools —CBN by deflover(m): 10:56am On Dec 01, 2016
So buhari brought his cattle skills and a hair head/ beauty queen as finance minister

a foolish SAN as vice president heading the economic team
nuffin we no go hear for change

now dem dey blame my brother's say dem dey bomb pipes
why not blame the dullardeen of duara who couldn't control his mouth with his 5% speech and the afonjas that were hailing him
no more body odour working
no more new sheriff in town

the man is on his last bar of battery life.

I will beat this slow system

thank God for forex trading

I laugh as dollar trashes naira
more money for me

since I no vote Change why my life go change. ....lol

1 Like

Re: We’re Addressing Recession With Wrong Tools —CBN by kinguwem: 10:59am On Dec 01, 2016
HungerBAD:
A problem acknowledged,is a problem half solved.

Now that the Nigerian Government knows,that most of those piloting the affairs of the Country's financial matters,ordinarily should not there,then the needful should be done,so we can move on.
We wasted so much time blaming GEJ. The truth has been revealed. We love imported goods. Imported expensive boxes were bought for the President's daughter recently. I still respect OBJ & NOI for always wearing Nigerian wax.
Re: We’re Addressing Recession With Wrong Tools —CBN by slimsoshady(m): 11:08am On Dec 01, 2016
Are yu jes finding out...retards everywhere .
Re: We’re Addressing Recession With Wrong Tools —CBN by Chukazu: 11:15am On Dec 01, 2016
indirectly telling Buhari that he has failed undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do You Retrieve Your Money From A Serial Onigbese? / Dangote Features On Nasdaq Tower, New York / Two Oando Directors Resign As Crisis Deepens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.