Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:12 AM

Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas (8361 Views)

Nationwide Blackout Imminent As Power Generation Falls Below 3,000MW / Amaechi's Claims On Recession Under Jonathan, 7,000MW Under PMB False ā€“ TheCable / Nationwide Darkness Looms As Electricity Supply Drops To 1,400MW (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 01, 2016
Carry 3 MINISTRIES give one man...

Because he is the best graduating minister in Nigeria grin grin
Re: Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas by gominau(m): 8:12am On Dec 01, 2016
Dullards every where in power in black nations. God help us.

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas by entparrot(f): 8:12am On Dec 01, 2016
The raining season is over, is time for blackout, Nigerians dont know the power history. There has never been any improvement under APC, power situation remain the same, the only thing they are good @ doing is to blame the militants.
Re: Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas by thaoriginator: 8:13am On Dec 01, 2016
Atiku2019:
cry cry cry

#Atiku2019
Thunder fire all of them! Atiku ko, articles in... Foolish militants see how mosquitoes dey organise party on top person body for night! OK now wet in dem achieve for the pipeline bombing.. Thunder go stryke them soon..

3 Likes

Re: Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas by Billygee2u: 8:14am On Dec 01, 2016
ybalogs:
Happy new month Nairalanders jooor.May this new month favour us ooo.
Amen
Re: Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas by thaoriginator: 8:14am On Dec 01, 2016
entparrot:
The raining season is over, is time for blackout, Nigerians dont know the power history. There has never been any improvement under APC, power situation remain the same, the only thing they are good @ doing is to blame the militants.
small small children everywhere.. What do you know?
Re: Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas by electrokcoi(m): 8:14am On Dec 01, 2016
electricity supply is going down every month but the bill is going up every month

ok

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas by jbcul4ril(m): 8:14am On Dec 01, 2016
Stupidity of Nigerians. You are in support of Bombing of pipelines and you still want improved power supply.

We are all in it.
Re: Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas by Tuktuk: 8:16am On Dec 01, 2016
Anyone of us who has been privileged to work in the power sector understands exactly what all of these means to the sector, and our economy at large. We need to look at other sources of power generation. As much as renewable power sources are alternatives which are somewhat reliable, they are not sustainable. Especially in Africa. They are just too expensive. As a nation we are blessed with coal in abundance but our leaders signed a global pact on clean energy development. As much as it is a welcome development, it is keeping us far away from evolving as a nation due to the fact that we cannot harness our resources such as coal to develop our industries. It is a fact that global warming is a phenomenon we all have to deal with but why are we paying the ultimate sacrifice for other developed economy? America, China, India and a host of others are the most guilty of terrible acts of global warming. They still use these sources of energy while investing on cleaner alternatives through research and development. Our leaders should do same. Do as they do not as they say. We flare gas in the NIGER delta region which could have been used to generate power. Common my people, so long as we do not think outside the box and we continue to look to the west for our internal challenges, we are going no further as a nation.

3 Likes

Re: Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 01, 2016
Govt of incompetence, run by air-heads, for dumbskulls!...#electricity suddenly becomes ROCKET SCIENCE!

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas by entparrot(f): 8:19am On Dec 01, 2016
thaoriginator:
small small children everywhere.. What do you know?

You are among those that are claiming there is improvement within the power sector, another 5 months Nigerians will experience terrible supply of electricity. Prepare for darkness.

OLD OLD man with no brain everywhere.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas by Icansing: 8:21am On Dec 01, 2016
Still have stable power in edo state
Re: Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas by buffalowings: 8:21am On Dec 01, 2016
I'm a proud wailer

I wail so Tey ncc reversed the useless data

Don't be a zombie
Be like me

Be a wailer

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas by entparrot(f): 8:23am On Dec 01, 2016
jbcul4ril:
Stupidity of Nigerians. You are in support of Bombing of pipelines and you still want improved power supply.

We are all in it.

I did not hear of any Militants bombing for the past 3 weeks, so how did will loose 2000mgw within a short period?

Is there no more rain to supply the DAM?
Re: Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas by Billygee2u: 8:23am On Dec 01, 2016
Miles300:
. Wen a lawyer is a power minister wat do u expect ? Wen your president is not even sure of having Waec cert wat do u expect ? Wen u av lawyers here and there , as governors and ministers who run d country wat do u expect ? Wen u av someone appointing his classmates cos of integrity wat do u expect ?
Re: Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas by ceejay80s(m): 8:24am On Dec 01, 2016

I AM TIRED OF THIS SAME STORY SINCE DEMOCRACY, U PEOPLE SHOULD JUST LOOK FOE OTHER ALTERNATIVES AND STOP FEEDING US THIS SAME CRAP, HABA ,NA WETIN?

Re: Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas by DanielPop(m): 8:26am On Dec 01, 2016
Na politics grin

Those wey say their neighbour nor go sleep will not sleep too. grin Shebi people like u dey blame GEJ before? Oya blame Bubu nau? Abi nor b him be Prez again?

How 97% + 5% equals 100% still dey baffle me!
CXLVII:
"Sustained attacks on oil and gas facilities by militants in the Niger Delta have affected the flow of gas to some power plants, leading to a loss of over 2,000MW from the grid."

Who is doing who? Keep bombing and complaining. No be same power we dey use? Will it affect GEJ, Obasanjo, Buhari, Tinubu, Okonjo-Iweala or Fashola himself? NO

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas by passionate88: 8:27am On Dec 01, 2016
gebest:
same excuses PDP were giving, Nigerians should not expect uninterupted power suply for now until the next 100 years
Wetin concern PDP with this news now? una say PDP no good una come vote them out. They're no longer ruling yet you still mention them

2 Likes

Re: Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas by AroOkigbo(m): 8:27am On Dec 01, 2016
CXLVII:
"Sustained attacks on oil and gas facilities by militants in the Niger Delta have affected the flow of gas to some power plants, leading to a loss of over 2,000MW from the grid."

Who is doing who? Keep bombing and complaining. No be same power we dey use? Will it affect GEJ, Obasanjo, Buhari, Tinubu, Okonjo-Iweala or Fashola himself? NO

typical comment of an afonja

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas by ceejay80s(m): 8:29am On Dec 01, 2016
Atiku2019:
cry cry cry

#Atiku2019

WE DONT NEED A RULER NO MORE , LETS RULE OURSELVES .....
OR...
DANGOTE OR ADENUGA OR IFEANYI UBAH SHOULD COME AND RULE US
Re: Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas by Omudia11: 8:30am On Dec 01, 2016
Lol...Nigeria needs the Niger Delta. Niger Delta doesn't need Nigeria and this just further proves it.
Re: Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas by jbcul4ril(m): 8:35am On Dec 01, 2016
entparrot:

I did not hear of any Militants bombing for the past 3 weeks, so how did will loose 2000mgw within a short period?

Is there no more rain to supply the DAM?
You don't need to hear alone read the dailies. Last week there was one and the week before last.
If the dams are not generating , you will not even have a blink of power. It is not all about Dam. We more gas generating power stations than that of Dams.
Re: Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas by NairaMaster1(m): 8:35am On Dec 01, 2016
Excuses everywhere
Re: Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas by passionate88: 8:42am On Dec 01, 2016
CXLVII:

You actually would believe you have made a valid point not knowing you showcasing how you always arrive at conclusions without reading-up.

Try to read the composition and you would have a clearer insight.

Who's the minister in charge of power? Who said providing power to Nigerians isn't rocket science? who said 6 months is enough for one to provide stable power supply to Nigerians?

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas by blackfase(m): 8:43am On Dec 01, 2016
My brotha, i dey vex gan ni. I couldnt sleep overnite due to heat. Practically woke up, sat down and was fanning myself till early morning. How do we reconcile that?

Miles300:
bros u dey vex oo
Re: Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas by AroOkigbo(m): 8:43am On Dec 01, 2016
jbcul4ril:

We are all in it.

Nigerians were intelligent when they blamed GEJ.
Suddenly, they are "stewpid" because it's god Buhari.

So much for hypocrisy!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas by bashydemy(m): 8:48am On Dec 01, 2016
Atiku2019:
cry cry cry

#Atiku2019

LOL go talk to your brother to continue bombing pipelines.
Re: Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas by jbcul4ril(m): 8:52am On Dec 01, 2016
AroOkigbo:

Nigerians were intelligent when they blamed GEJ.
Suddenly, they are "stewpid" because it's god Buhari.

So much for hypocrisy!
I don't believe in such political sentiment. I am learned enough to know that Govt is continuity. No matter what people say the reality is obvious besides we are discussing POWER here not GEJ or Buhari. They will come and go and Nigeria will remain. Non of them is feeding me even if they do there is a limit of my loyalty so as not to compromise my core values.

1 Like

Re: Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas by ajebuter(f): 8:56am On Dec 01, 2016
thaoriginator:
Thunder fire all of them! Atiku ko, articles in... Foolish militants see how mosquitoes dey organise party on top person body for night! OK now wet in dem achieve for the pipeline bombing.. Thunder go stryke them soon..

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas by decomaniaboss(f): 8:57am On Dec 01, 2016
CXLVII:

shut up my friend !!! U no dey tired ?them dey do joint!!!!
Re: Power Supply Drops Below 3,000MW Over Shortage Of Gas by Nobody: 9:08am On Dec 01, 2016
blackfase:
One foolish Minister called Fashola, shooting off with his stinky mouth that power issue is no rocket science. He thought running a federal project is like the stupid 12mw plant he planted on Lagos Island. Him eye go done dey clear now. Bastards in govt. As for that Buhary, i now totally agree Gen. Idiagbon was the poster man of his earlier administration. Very inept crooks.....

Continue Wailing, When the jobless yoots of ND started bombing, you Wailers were the ones hailing them and you didn't know then that when the effects start showing face, it would affect us all together.

You are here blaming Buhari. I guess when he was campaigning he mentioned that he is a sibling of Professor Pellar the magician

Your wailing has just started.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Northern States PDP Chairmen Endorse Agbo, Maibasira, Kabiru For NWC / What My Government Will Do If Iā€™m Elected As President ā€“ Ezekwesili / Ohanaeze Replies Fredrick Nwabufo, Says Igbos Are Prepared For 2023 Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.