Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,933 members, 7,817,725 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. (32447 Views)

Lady Shares Her Experience As Churches Reopen In Lagos Today / 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist / Saudi Arabia To Execute 'Atheist' For Insulting Prophet Muhammad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by EyeHateGod: 11:31am On Dec 02, 2016
Can someone tell me why the discussing of the thread has turned to Evolution is that what the op is About?
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:31am On Dec 02, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
that is because i cant say what i am. lets just say i am confused.

You don't like religion right ?
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by jonbellion(m): 11:31am On Dec 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Shut up

Have you heard of putative ancestors ?
I know of the gene
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by EyeHateGod: 11:32am On Dec 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

Shut up

You are not smart enough to see that you are admitting that humans are designed - we have the dexterity to build with our hands . We didn't get our features through random unguided processes .
Monkeys also have hands like we do.. If you have noting reasonable to say pls don't Quote me..
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by AngelsAndStars(m): 11:32am On Dec 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

am confused. thats all i have to say. but i like it this way, i get to look for answers still
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by jonbellion(m): 11:33am On Dec 02, 2016
EyeHateGod:
Can someone tell me why the discussing of the thread has turned to Evolution is that what the op is About?
lol someone posted a misleading image that probably affects most creationists and intellegent design advocates acceptance of the theory
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by AngelsAndStars(m): 11:33am On Dec 02, 2016
EyeHateGod:
i dont know either grin
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by EyeHateGod: 11:34am On Dec 02, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
sorry. with their 70% level of intelligence they would have come up with something. since we use hands to eat, do dolphins use hand to eat? since we use legs to walk do dolphins use legs to swim? you are so wrong for thinking every "intelligent" specie must have hands and legs lolz.
Lol they is what we call laws of nature... This dolphins use their intelligence for other stuff that their physical body allow them to do
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Seun(m): 11:35am On Dec 02, 2016
I'm going to answer some questions that most scientists would dismiss as being silly.

Gombs:
If we evolved from monkeys, how come we still have monkeys?
We didn't just evolve from monkeys. We are monkeys. Look at your face, then look at a monkey's face. Look at your hands, then look at a monkey's hands. We still have forest dwelling, tree climbing, furry monkeys because they didn't compete directly with us as hominids did.

Like Lambanopeace's picture, what happened to those in between our evolution? Where are they? Or do you mean we just moved from monkey to man?
Each hominid was probably wiped out by the hominid that succeeded it. They were in direct competition with each because, unlike monkeys, they lived in the same places and ate and hunted similar things. The more intelligent species were more successful than the less intelligent ones and eventually drove them to extinction. Intelligence doesn't always win in nature. A deer needs speed more than it needs intelligence. Without the ability to handle tools, no amount of intelligence will help a deer against a lion. A tree monkey needs agility more than it needs intelligence, or it will fall and die. Also, intelligence is expensive. Our jaws are weak because we have smaller jaw muscles, but this leaves more space for the brain. 25% of the sugar in your blood is consumed not by your arms or legs, but by your brain. That's a lot! We are lucky that our ancestors found themselves in situations where intelligence was good for their survival. That's why we are here today.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by EyeHateGod: 11:36am On Dec 02, 2016
jonbellion:
lol someone posted a misleading image that probably affects most creationists and intellegent design advocates acceptance of the theory
Yeah i saw the image buy ignored it the funny thing is that that image has been tackled b4 and all this theist on this Thread where also present on that thread.. So why are they playing ignorant?
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Gombs(m): 11:36am On Dec 02, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Won't they need hands that are able to handle tools to build it? Different component makes up our body not just the brain this question you asked is not logical..

Those little mammals that build dams, did you give them hands and tools?
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Gombs(m): 11:37am On Dec 02, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Please, sit this out if you do not have What to write.

Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Gombs(m): 11:38am On Dec 02, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
Lolz. or why they dont wear "water air" mask and explore land. grin

grin grin grin

Abi o
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by EyeHateGod: 11:39am On Dec 02, 2016
Gombs:

You are asking stupid Questions it's no surprise since free thinking is Demonic
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by jonbellion(m): 11:40am On Dec 02, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Yeah i saw the image buy ignored it the funny thing is that that image has been tackled b4 and all this theist on this Thread where also present on that thread.. So why are they playing ignorant?
lol
It's a creationist thing wink

1 Like

Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by AngelsAndStars(m): 11:41am On Dec 02, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Lol they is what we call laws of nature... This dolphins use their intelligence for other stuff that their physical body allow them to do
sorry, stop trying to limit them. you are not nature so you cant decide what they can do and what they cant do. those scientists talk nonsense many times and you take it for it being absolute truth. same thing religious people do. lock out the brain and believe even if you cant prove it. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:42am On Dec 02, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
am confused. thats all i have to say. but i like it this way, i get to look for answers still

If you don't like religion , you may consider Deism

Critical elements of deist thought included:

*Rejection of religions that are based on books that claim to contain the revealed word of God.
*Rejection of religious dogma and demagogy.
*Skepticism of reports of miracles, prophecies and religious "mysteries".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deism

Deism also offers personal relationship with God . In some cases , the relationship can be transpersonal .
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Gombs(m): 11:42am On Dec 02, 2016
EyeHateGod:

You are asking stupid Questions it's no surprise since free thinking is Demonic

Thanks for your time.

Please leave smarter people to discuss. Let me just wait for seun
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by jonbellion(m): 11:44am On Dec 02, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
sorry, stop trying to limit them. you are not nature so you cant decide what they can do and what they cant do. those scientists talk nonsense many times and you take it for it being absolute truth. same thing religious people do. lock out the brain and believe even if you cant prove it. undecided
but evolution is a fact
Ring species alone gives 100% proof that evolution does indeed occur given enough time
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by AngelsAndStars(m): 11:44am On Dec 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

If you don't like religion , you may consider Deism

Critical elements of deist thought included:

*Rejection of religions that are based on books that claim to contain the revealed word of God.
*Rejection of religious dogma and demagogy.
*Skepticism of reports of miracles, prophecies and religious "mysteries".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deism

Deism also offers personal relationship with God . In some cases , the relationship can be transpersonal .
who says i reject the word of God? i go to church. as i type i am fasting about to break 12pm.
just forget about what i am, i have told you
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by AngelsAndStars(m): 11:45am On Dec 02, 2016
jonbellion:
but evolution is a fact
Ring species alone gives 100% proof that evolution does indeed occur given enough time
lolz. evolution is a fact? dinosaurs came from worms? i hear you
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by EyeHateGod: 11:45am On Dec 02, 2016
Gombs:

Thanks for your time.

Please leave smarter people to discuss. Let me just wait for seun
If being smart is considering free thinking Demonic i don't want to be smart...
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 02, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

He does not like organized religion! He believes and Loves God but not as seen and interpreted via scripture. He is closer to a deist but i would see him as a seeker.
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Seun(m): 11:46am On Dec 02, 2016
EyeHateGod:
The most common objection to atheism is, "if you don't believe in God, then who created us?" That's how we got there. undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Nobody: 11:47am On Dec 02, 2016
Gombs:

Please, sit this out if you do not have What to write.

Thank you

grin grin grin
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by rhektor(m): 11:47am On Dec 02, 2016
MrMontella:

on the diagram...it is wrong...
On evolution...They became extinct

Why would they reasonably become extinct? Why did the one in the beginning and end resist extinction but those in the middle became extinct, what a dumbness! So extinction happened in the middle alone but left the beginning and the end to make sure that you are here to argue blindly. Oh my God there's nothing we won't see on nairaland

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by jonbellion(m): 11:47am On Dec 02, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
lolz. evolution is a fact? dinosaurs came from worms? i hear you
*facepalm*
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Nobody: 11:47am On Dec 02, 2016
Gombs:

Those creatures build the best dams ever
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by AngelsAndStars(m): 11:48am On Dec 02, 2016
4everGod:

Those creatures build the best dams ever
which creature is that?
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 02, 2016
Seun:
I'm going to answer some questions that most scientists would dismiss as being silly.

We didn't just evolve from monkeys. We are monkeys. Look at your face, then look at a monkey's face. Look at your hands, then look at a monkey's hands. We still have forest dwelling, tree climbing, furry monkeys because they didn't compete directly with us as hominids did.

Each hominid was probably wiped out by the hominid that preceded it. They were in direct competition with each because, unlike monkeys, they lived in the same places and ate and hunted similar things. The more intelligent species were more successful than the less intelligent ones and eventually drove them to extinction. Intelligence doesn't always win in nature. A deer needs speed more than it needs intelligence. Without the ability to handle tools, no amount of intelligence will help a deer against a lion. A tree monkey needs agility more than it needs intelligence, or it will fall and die. Also, intelligence is expensive. Our jaws are weak because we have smaller jaw muscles, but this leaves more space for the brain. 25% of the sugar in your blood is consumed not by your arms or legs, but by your brain. That's a lot! We are lucky that our ancestors found themselves in situations where intelligence was good for their survival. That's why we are here today.

The Bolded killed your argument!
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by AngelsAndStars(m): 11:49am On Dec 02, 2016
rhektor:

Why would they reasonably become extinct? Why did the one in the beginning and end resist extinction but those in the middle became extinct, what a dumbness! So extinction happened in the middle alone but left the beginning and the end to make sure that you are here to argue blindly. Oh my God there's nothing we won't see on nairaland
Lwkmd. thats absord. extinct with no trace, nawao

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 02, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
which creature is that?

Otters

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (28) (Reply)

Malice Among Ministers In The Church: What Should Be Done? / Pastor W.F Kumuyi's Wife Is Dead? / *~ Goshen360 Voted Religion Section Poster Of 2012*~ Congratulations!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.