Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,290 members, 7,807,985 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:27 AM

My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. (32226 Views)

Lady Shares Her Experience As Churches Reopen In Lagos Today / 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist / Saudi Arabia To Execute 'Atheist' For Insulting Prophet Muhammad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by EyeHateGod: 6:29pm On Dec 01, 2016
4everGod:

Contradictions are what you call it. I call it mans attempt to UNDERSTAND and EXPLAIN God. Same as what we are doing today. The OP has experiences which vary from him to the next man. No man can define God from His perspective only which is why the Bible is simply a guide to the bigger picture.
So it's no longer the Holy spirit that guilds them again?

The problem here is that you simply see THE BIBLE but i see something bigger and deeper than that and i connect to it by FAITH.

This is simply delusion..

The words are real and true but experiences vary but if i look at the experiences i can deduce that there is someone a LIMITED MIND was trying to explain but fell short but the experiences were real.

What are you really trying to say here?

This may be too hard for you to understand so read this comment like 3 more times so you understand it better
I have heard this b4
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 01, 2016
EyeHateGod:

So it's no longer the Holy spirit that guilds them again?

This is simply delusion..

What are you really trying to say here?

I have heard this b4

smh

Engaging you is tantamount to rolling in muck. If you feel a man can experience God genuinely without His spirit then goodluck.

What do you think would happen to a baby if Albert Einstein attempted to download all of his knowledge into that babys brain?

I am allergic to Muck!
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by EyeHateGod: 6:36pm On Dec 01, 2016
4everGod:

SMH

So your parents did a DNA test on you and showed it to you? Why? did they not trust each other? Did they suspect you were illegitimate? Could this be why you Hate God?

And what is wrong if i ask for a DNA test? Do u think everyone thinks like you?

In your supposed supper intelligence you actually think that a birth certificate is proof of your parenthood right? lol

Go back to your video games boy. This thread is beyond you

Even after i told you that i call HIM MY FATHER you still got stuck at YAHWEH.
If birth certificate isn't then what it and if you look closely i wrote "better still" because i know birth cert can be forged but who does that this days?

Yes i love video game because it's fun to play if you don't that's your own business i don't see why that should be an issue or is it?

Is yahweh not the traditional name of your god or are you ashamed of yahweh which one is it?
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by EyeHateGod: 6:39pm On Dec 01, 2016
4everGod:

smh

Engaging you is tantamount to rolling in muck. If you feel a man can experience God genuinely without His spirit then goodluck.

If i hadn't known you on Nl i would take this serious but sorry bro it's not working try harder..

What do you think would happen to a baby if Albert Einstein attempted to download all of his knowledge into that babys brain?

I am allergic to Muck!
This doesn't even make sense in the first place..
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by MrMontella(m): 6:41pm On Dec 01, 2016
jonbellion:
asin dude thy contradictions in that doctrine
-humans are punished for sins before they were born
-Since human existence in the Garden of Eden before original sin was therefore infinite, even a very small chance of Adam or Eve eating from the forbidden tree by accident would have become increasingly more likely over time
-what the Bleep was the tree even doing there in the first place
That's just like pouring gasoline round a kid, giving him s matchbox and saying" don't strike it"
The abrahamics God apparent omniscience even makes the story more messed up
Christian theology
5% on rotten tomatoes
the concept of original sin is a very funny one..thats why no christian has been able to logically justify it..
www.nairaland.com/3441860/asymmetric-nature-christian-sin-economy
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by MrMontella(m): 6:46pm On Dec 01, 2016
promisechuks:
this is what I have been saying!
sir, is dumbness really a virtue to you?
just asking, it is becoming more like fun to you.
bros instead of spewing insults everything... Just ignore the thread... It denigrates you and reduces your credibility..on this forum
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 01, 2016
EyeHateGod:

If i hadn't known you on Nl i would take this serious but sorry bro it's not working try harder..

This doesn't even make sense in the first place..

How would it make sense to you since you deny the very essence of your intelligence? If i try to download a super computer into the brain of a toddler in a moment would that toddler live to tell the tale?

If you wish to transfer the infinite into the finite and expect to have all the knowledge of the infinite then you are practically on the verge of insanity. How would you think that you can download 5billion terabytes of data into a 1gig memory? You must be insane to assume this.
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Nobody: 6:49pm On Dec 01, 2016
EyeHateGod:

And what is wrong if i ask for a DNA test? Do u think everyone thinks like you?

If birth certificate isn't then what it and if you look closely i wrote "better still" because i know birth cert can be forged but who does that this days?

Yes i love video game because it's fun to play if you don't that's your own business i don't see why that should be an issue or is it?

Is yahweh not the traditional name of your god or are you ashamed of yahweh which one is it?

Again i ask. Did you think you were illegitimate to demand for a DNA test? Yahweh is Gods name but a name is only a name outside its attributes. I would rather identify with His attributes which has endeared Him to me as MY FATHER. Its not His name i seek, I seek His life so why defend His name when all i need is to be like Him.

I think you are beginning to sound like a kid who got yelled at for doing something wrong. Stop sulking!

1 Like

Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by EyeHateGod: 6:49pm On Dec 01, 2016
MrMontella:

bros instead of spewing insults everything...
Just ignore the thread...
It denigrates you and reduces your credibility..on this forum
Common if he doesn't add insults how would he be a true Christian?
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by MrMontella(m): 6:56pm On Dec 01, 2016
LambanoPeace:

What's your morality based on?
morality is subjective..
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by MrMontella(m): 6:59pm On Dec 01, 2016
Gombs:

Seun, hold up a bit... Let's look at this from a different perspective. You're a programmer,great.

The DNA code we all know, informs and programs a cell's behavior.

All instruction, all teaching, all training comes with intent. Someone who writes an instruction manual does so with purpose. Did you know that in every cell of our bodies there exists a very detailed instruction code, much like a miniature computer program? As you may know, a computer program is made up of ones and zeros, like this: 110010101011000. The way they are arranged tell the computer program what to do. The DNA code in each of our cells is very similar. It's made up of four chemicals that scientists abbreviate as A, T, G, and C. These are arranged in the human cell like this: CGTGTGACTCGCTCCTGAT and so on. There are three billion of these letters in every human cell!!

Well, just like you can program your phone to beep for specific reasons, DNA instructs the cell. DNA is a three-billion-lettered program telling the cell to act in a certain way. It is a full instruction manual.

Why is this so amazing? One has to ask....how did this information program wind up in each human cell? These are not just chemicals. These are chemicals that instruct, that code in a very detailed way exactly how the person's body should develop.

Natural, biological causes are completely lacking as an explanation when programmed information is involved. You cannot find instruction, precise information like this, without someone intentionally constructing it.

So, pray tell... How do you think these came about?
the dna of a bacteria is not a 3 billion unit program...
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by MrMontella(m): 7:02pm On Dec 01, 2016
Seun:

Either: (1) God made someone drop his hard-earned money on the ground, so you could steal it. (2) You got lucky at someone else's expense.
i'd say its the second option...
Because if it was the first...
I must say its really awful...

1 Like

Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by MrMontella(m): 7:02pm On Dec 01, 2016
4everGod:

You forgot to put number 3
(3) it was pure coincidence lmao
Seun Quit it! Extreme Logic is Foolishness
i think seun said something really valid..
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by MrMontella(m): 7:04pm On Dec 01, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
before you make money online I have to lose my money. who came to this world with a penny. everything you have you technically stole it from someone else.

in all this I am a realist, I still have my atheists knowledge in me. it never left trust me.

I had faith and it worked for me.
no..its a wrong comparism you've got there...
In other words..one can justify pick-pocketing?
Or can one say the traders at the market are stealing from those buying?
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by MrMontella(m): 7:05pm On Dec 01, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
perhaps they were wiser. in ignorance sometimes there is wisdom. the wisdom of man is worse than the foolishness of God (the Bible)...

who is this God? I do not know. am just chilling
i doubt they were...
Were they wise to attribute lightning to the anger of god?
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by MrMontella(m): 7:06pm On Dec 01, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
it's the condition brother. knowledge is our sin. we can't help it. who knows maybe the dead are somewhere praying we join them and leave this painful world. who knows?
why do you think only humans get to live on after death?
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Codedrock(m): 7:06pm On Dec 01, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
i wont go into details but something happened and i got angry with my pastor neighbor(teacher living in our lodge), a fellow alfa corper and a rev sister. they did bad in a programme organized by a corper doctore for free medical. i the bad boy did correct according to principle. when we go to lodge i blasted my friend(alfa) and strolled off to a celle programme just to listen to preaching. i didnt have 1 naira with me and the next day was market day.

i prayed to God that i needed money to buy things so i can manage before alawi comes(market day is every 4 days).. while listening to the preaching i prayed in me, reminded God how awful those religious guys behaved. i prayed for just 200 naira. cos i had no choice. all corpers were broke or had last card. no one to turn to. i practically turned to a God i doubted at that time

i left the premises and immediately outside the gate i picked up 200naira. it was glorious. i had other ingredients and garri so i used it to prepare soup which lasted till alawi came. coincidence? i didnt think so, i believed and it worked for me. my God worked for me.
This is the funniest thing i have read this week. Seriously? for a religious person, how could you sound so ignorant?
Thats stealing!! its not yours... cry
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by AngelsAndStars(m): 7:28pm On Dec 01, 2016
MrMontella:

why do you think only humans get to live on after death?
I never said such. I don't know.
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by AngelsAndStars(m): 7:30pm On Dec 01, 2016
Codedrock:

This is the funniest thing i have read this week. Seriously? for a religious person, how could you sound so ignorant?
Thats stealing!! its not yours... cry
and who says am religious? besides, how do you know it's stealing? so God can't give me money?
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by AngelsAndStars(m): 7:31pm On Dec 01, 2016
MrMontella:

no..its a wrong comparism you've got there...
In other words..one can justify pick-pocketing?
Or can one say the traders at the market are stealing from those buying?
am in church now I would have talked more on this.
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by LambanoPeace: 6:45am On Dec 02, 2016
EyeHateGod:
Oh now i get it... they are Actually angry that the Three weeks the op was an Atheist There was an actual boost in KNOWLEDGE THAT Is what is paining them it doesn't matter if the op later shifted to Christianity it doesn't just matter.. grin

All the while you've been an atheist, how has your knowledge boosted?
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by LambanoPeace: 6:50am On Dec 02, 2016
MrMontella:

morality is subjective..

To what?
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by LambanoPeace: 7:07am On Dec 02, 2016
Seun:

Through the work of biologists, we know that we developed into complex creatures from simple creatures through the process of evolution , but we do not really know how the first simple creature came into existence. Through the work of physicists, we know that the stars and planets in the universe, including the earth, came from a "big bang", but we do not really know how the initial conditions for the big bang came to be. So no one is saying that we popped out of nothing. What we're saying is that to the extent that we know, we're a result of natural processes.

That's smart thinking, right? Anyways, I was able to understand how you thought man came about.. . Kindly explain my pic below.

Can you tell me exactly how you found God outside religion? Do you talk to him and does he talk back to you? Details, pls! (Religion is what leads most people to believe that God exists in the first place, so if you drop religion, I can't imagine why you wouldn't also drop God.)

The good book already explained these

Romans 1:19-20 Easy English

19 Everyone can know something clearly about God, because God himself has shown it to everyone.

20 Ever since God made the world, he has been showing people clearly about himself. We cannot see God. But the things that he has made show us what he is like. They show us that he will always be completely powerful. And they show us that only he is God. So nobody can say: ‘We never knew about God.’

See why I feel sorry for Atheists.. . Notice the bible says "Everyone can know..." including those of y'all who claim atheism.. The whole creation shows there is God, He's Lord all almighty and powerful, that's why my signature is a day I'm waiting for.. God! It'd be a great sight. NO ONE WILL BE WITH AN EXCUSE THAT THEY NEVER KNEW GOD AND THUS DIDN'T BELIEVE

Nobody is saying that we popped out of nothing. There are things we know about where we came from, and things which we don't know. Yet.

What do you know about where we came from and those you don't.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Gombs(m): 7:14am On Dec 02, 2016
MrMontella:

the dna of a bacteria is not a 3 billion unit program...

Read my post carefully and show me where I mentioned bacteria.

Meanwhile, I asked seun this question, which he slyly avoided and taught us evolution. Let me ask him further

Do you really think we evolved from dumb to wise? I mean, think about it

1 Like

Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Anas09: 10:02am On Dec 02, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I don't think his IQ increased. What I believed he meant was that he became more knowledgable. When one dares to peer outside the confines of his religion, he discovers that there is a whole ocean of information that he has not been looking at and he then goes on a quest to seek out this knowledge. I believe this is what happened to the guy and he's just misrepresenting it, albeit innocently as IQ increment.

And this information was only on Philosophy?

And, you may need to explian further.

What do you mean by "Peer outside the confines of his religion?" You mean Christians read only Christian related materials? I know i study Islam right? And right New Age stuff which are atheistic in nature too.

Am in the Net on only on NL, i read you atheists dumb theories that keeps you people where you are. Maybe what i have not done is doubt my Scriptures.

I will lie to you if i tell you i don't have questions in certian areas, but you see, there are things you just can't ignore and to doubt them will be foolish. PROPHECIES. BEFORE MY VERY EYES, THEY ARE GETTING FULFILLED.

Guy, I think what you meant to say is that " When a christian gives room to doubt and unbelief in his God, he/she will find alot of materials which churn out clever lies and coded deceptions that when followed up turns out false.

So it is also when an unbeliever begins to doubt his unbeliefs, he fines a lot of materials that helps him see his dumbness.

I saw a YouTube video of a former atheist/ Satanist (Although atheists here kept denying they are not satanists, we know better sha) Stephen Dollins, who got converted base on his doubt which came as a result of an incident which took place right in a Witchcraft Grotto where he officiated as a High Priest.

He summoned Ashteroth (Demon) to carry out an assignmrnt, Ashteroth came back in a rage and gave him a sound warning never to sent him to the house of a Christian, never again.

Stephen was stunned. A mere Christian lady shook Asteroth up like this? Is there any other power out there beyond this? Isn't Satan the All powerful? Asteroth being a very high ranking Demon made it even worst.

A Noise making, babbling Christian sent Asteroth into a feat of rage? And what he went there to do, he could not. What could have happened in the house of the Christian lady? These were the questions in Stephen's mind.

This incident made Stephen to start harbouring "doubts" that what he had always believed to be true could actually be lies, (which was that, Satan is the Most powerful being ever, and that theres no God, Satan is god, and that god is the weak enemy).

Just imagine...
Theres no God...
Satan is god
God is the weak powerless enemy. Hmmm, i see a pattern.

This man Stephen, could make demons do anything he wanted until one day, he sent Astheroth to a Christian lady who set Astheroth on fire. cheesy

That incident, made stephen to start doubting what he had always been told and he started investigating (outside of his peer, according to you), and what did he find? God.

He found God standing there waiting for him to exhaust the delusional powers he was given by satan.

Today he is a Christian, going about exposing what he was into, and the deception of satan using certain class of people.

When atheists like you come out here talking, we know what is going going.

Dare to doubt what you have believed. It works both ways.
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by MrMontella(m): 10:24am On Dec 02, 2016
LambanoPeace:

To what?
to the pot of rice on my fire.. Keep on asking
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by MrMontella(m): 10:25am On Dec 02, 2016
LambanoPeace:

Guess who's wailing

My God... Atheists are now wailing.. . Gone are those days y'all misbehaved on this section and got Scott free, though I understand that the current set of atheists on nairaland are babies who got a hold of freedom and Internet enabled devices.
whats this nonsense you're spewing?
Please mention me reasonably...
Okay?
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by MrMontella(m): 10:27am On Dec 02, 2016
Gombs:

Read my post carefully and show me where I mentioned bacteria.

Meanwhile, I asked seun this question, which he slyly avoided and taught us evolution. Let me ask him further

Do you really think we evolved from dumb to wise? I mean, think about it
you said dna....which interprets ''the standard dna'' has....
Which is false...
I only used bacteria as a case...
It is the dna of humans that is a 3 billion unit program...
And yes..we evolved...
It is your perspection of intelligence and dumb thats masking your understanding sire
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by LambanoPeace: 10:34am On Dec 02, 2016
EyeHateGod:

You have been advised on your other moniker that if you have noting reasonable to say you just keep quiet instead of disgracing your self by quoting everyone foolishly in the thread...

You now resort to petty lies?

I dare you to tell all my other moniker. Get back to my question

How the hell has atheism boosted your IQ?
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by EyeHateGod: 10:38am On Dec 02, 2016
LambanoPeace:

You now resort to petty lies?

I dare you to tell all my other moniker. Get back to my question

This is clearly promise10 or promise101 the evidence is there the anger on ever post..

How the hell has atheism boosted your IQ?
Atheism doesn't boost IQ rather it boost Your knowledge i bet even you don't understand what this means..

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (28) (Reply)

A Christian Group Feeds Muslim Beggars On Sallah Day (Photos) / Gay Church In Nigeria / Bishop Oyedepo Asks Buhari To Resign, Get Out Of Office Over Herdsmen Killings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.