Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,749 members, 7,802,292 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:03 PM

My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. (32148 Views)

Lady Shares Her Experience As Churches Reopen In Lagos Today / 4 Reasons I'm Considering Becoming An Atheist / Saudi Arabia To Execute 'Atheist' For Insulting Prophet Muhammad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by EyeHateGod: 4:57pm On Dec 01, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
Lolz. you say it is religion that makes man believe in God. OK then what made people believe the first religion on earth? you see you are wrong?

When you Personify Nature you Create God.. Primitive men did this most of the time.
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 01, 2016
Seun:

Either: (1) God made someone drop his hard-earned money on the ground, so you could steal it. (2) You got lucky at someone else's expense.

You forgot to put number 3

(3) it was pure coincidence lmao

Seun Quit it! Extreme Logic is Foolishness
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by AngelsAndStars(m): 5:00pm On Dec 01, 2016
Seun:

Either: (1) God made someone drop his hard-earned money on the ground, so you could steal it. (2) You got lucky at someone else's expense.
before you make money online I have to lose my money. who came to this world with a penny. everything you have you technically stole it from someone else.

in all this I am a realist, I still have my atheists knowledge in me. it never left trust me.

I had faith and it worked for me.
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Nobody: 5:02pm On Dec 01, 2016
Seun:

The evidence suggests that the complex DNA in our bodies developed from very simple DNA in ancient microscopic organisms through the process of evolution. How the first simple living organism with DNA came to be is not yet fully understood, but evolution explains how the complex DNA came to be. DNA is not logically tight, like good computer code. It's full of redundancies, errors, large portions which are completely unneeded by the current organism but still lurking there, etc. If DNA was designed by a programmer, he/she must have been really sloppy or very drunk.
Can you claim a code that allegedly evolved would somehow have a 0.000000009 error rate? This means its as accurate as hitting the bullseye with your eyes closed 1 billion times in quick succession. Please do not go down this road.
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by AngelsAndStars(m): 5:02pm On Dec 01, 2016
EyeHateGod:

When you Personify Nature you Create God.. Primitive men did this most of the time.
perhaps they were wiser. in ignorance sometimes there is wisdom. the wisdom of man is worse than the foolishness of God (the Bible)...

who is this God? I do not know. am just chilling
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by peacesamuel94(m): 5:04pm On Dec 01, 2016
EyeHateGod:
And the God that did it must be? YAHWEH?

Then who did it.
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Etesam(m): 5:05pm On Dec 01, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
Lmao nawa ooh. everybody cherry picks na. why na my own come be case here now? haba. pastors are quick to say thou shall not use idol or thou shall not kill(even when old testaments says so) but will still go to Malachi and preach tithe. thats cherry picking na. everyone picks the one that does favour them, or the one that makes them comfortable.

besides, atheism is what made me almost ran mad oh, because i then saw no meaning in living.
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by peacesamuel94(m): 5:05pm On Dec 01, 2016
EyeHateGod:

And the God that did it must be? YAHWEH?
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Seun(m): 5:06pm On Dec 01, 2016
4everGod:
Can you claim a code that allegedly evolved would somehow have a 0.000000009 error rate? This means its as accurate as hitting the bullseye with your eyes closed 1 billion times in quick succession.
The error rate you quoted isn't the one I'm talking about, while the analogy you offered is extremely poor.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Ranchhoddas: 5:08pm On Dec 01, 2016
Anas09:

What. You made the claim, you are to present verifiable proofs that it did.

Why get bored? Your thread is still very young.

How did you know your IQ increased? You said because you were discussing philosophy to the point that folks thought you studied philosophy.

The question now came, "Did Philosophy increase your lQ? Yes or No.

If yes, did the IQ remian within the confines of Philosophy or did it also show in the way you scaled other heights in your academic Endeavours?

What happened to the IQ after you left atheism, did it dropped?

Do you still have the high level lQ now that you are a Diest?

I don't think his IQ increased. What I believed he meant was that he became more knowledgable. When one dares to peer outside the confines of his religion, he discovers that there is a whole ocean of information that he has not been looking at and he then goes on a quest to seek out this knowledge. I believe this is what happened to the guy and he's just misrepresenting it, albeit innocently as IQ increment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Urahara2: 5:08pm On Dec 01, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
i think you failed to read my posts. get lost please

Daaaaaaimmmm

Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 01, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
so we were created(against our will) tagged with original sin(we didn't commit) and coerced with hell fire's punishment in order to pay for the sin? very logical I must say.

what's the need of all these? why not create us perfect and put us in heaven so we can sing praises all eternity? why give people a world of puzzle? a world where we will have to figure out whatsup with little or no evidence? a world where we are limited in knowledge?

look, I don't want to go down that lane with you. you are now trying to talk your religion to me but sorry I would rather not discuss that.

thanks anyway.

smiley I am not trying to talk Religion with you. I am not Religious myself. I have a relationship with God. The difference between you and me is that I believe by Faith EVERYTHING the Bible says God is and has done and I believe there is a purpose to all that He did and He did not just do it based on jealousy or taking sides and that Purpose was revealed in Jesus in the New Testament.

Like i said earlier i also saw us as some experiement by some being somewhere whom we could not see but that was when i was being extremely logical and trust me i saw no value in people too at that point. If i saw a lady i was not attracted to her as all i would see would be flesh covering bones. Nothing attracted me...nothing moved me but when i got delivered from that by accepting Christ everything took on a new light.

Lets keep this discussion going shall we
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by AngelsAndStars(m): 5:09pm On Dec 01, 2016
Ranchhoddas:
I don't think his IQ increased. What I believed he meant was that he became more knowledgable. When one dares to peer outside the confines of his religion, he discovers that there is a whole ocean of information that he has not been looking at and he then goes on a quest to seek out this knowledge. I believe this is what happened to the guy and he's just misrepresenting it, albeit innocently as IQ increment.
thank you. I take that as my mistake
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by EyeHateGod: 5:11pm On Dec 01, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
perhaps they were wiser . in ignorance sometimes there is wisdom. the wisdom of man is worse than the foolishness of God (the Bible)...

who is this God? I do not know. am just chilling
Of course they where that's if you want to call Nature God... "God" means different thing to different people, depending on how you see it God might be a Being with Go o d ness in him while a being with evil in him might be regarded as the D evil
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Nobody: 5:12pm On Dec 01, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
thank you. I take that as my mistake

Ranchhoddas actually understands you because he is just like you. Always busy with his mind. But He also believes in God and is also on a chill mode like you
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by AngelsAndStars(m): 5:15pm On Dec 01, 2016
4everGod:

smiley I am not trying to talk Religion with you. I am not Religious myself. I have a relationship with God. The difference between you and me is that I believe by Faith EVERYTHING the Bible says God is and has done and I believe there is a purpose to all that He did and He did not just do it based on jealousy or taking sides and that Purpose was revealed in Jesus in the New Testament.

Like i said earlier i also saw us as some experiement by some being somewhere whom we could not see but that was when i was being extremely logical and trust me i saw no value in people too at that point. If i saw a lady i was not attracted to her as all i would see would be flesh covering bones. Nothing attracted me...nothing moved me but when i got delivered from that by accepting Christ everything took on a new light.

Lets keep this discussion going shall we
OK.

people will get delivered by anything as long as they have faith. faith is not for religious people alone. I stopped using drugs when I began to have faith that I'll heal without drugs and to this day I don't take drugs for malaria and other similar sickness and it works. that's faith at work there. The Bible is a great book, a book from God but trust me you can't follow every instructions in it. you just can't. people pick select from it. me2 I do. I meditate the buddha style too. like I said, I also pray through Christ too. I believe there are many parts to God. that's just it.
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Urahara2: 5:17pm On Dec 01, 2016
jonbellion:
Yeah OP you are diest
Well deism an intellectually honest opinion as well
I don't like being identified as an atheist because that's a very strong claim to make to say you are sure there is no God
I'm agnostic
But unfortunately the Disciples In Christ Kingdom(DICK) Crew in this forum would never know the diffence

Looooooooolz
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by AngelsAndStars(m): 5:18pm On Dec 01, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Of course they where that's if you want to call Nature God... "God" means different thing to different people, depending on how you see it God might be a Being with Go o d ness in him while a being with evil in him might be regarded as the D evil
ofcos you are right. if nature can be so intelligent enough to create us and every other thing then of cos that is God. when I pray I channel my prayer straight to "the creator" I block all religious description of the creator and just perceive him\it in pure concept. that's what am comfortable with.
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by AngelsAndStars(m): 5:19pm On Dec 01, 2016
4everGod:

Ranchhoddas actually understands you because he is just like you. Always busy with his mind. But He also believes in God and is also on a chill mode like you
that's great meehn. I stopped talking about my position offline because people will just at you like a demon. good to know we dey here. Lolz.
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Nobody: 5:21pm On Dec 01, 2016
I believe, at the end; it all boils down to the framework which you want to use to view life.

The OP tackled the complex question that is called life, living and the meaning of existence ; discovered the irrelevance between animate and inaminate objects; and I believe rejected the gloomy nihilism/existentialism it posits.

Not because he wasn't logical.

Nor because he wasn't knowledgable.

But because; well; Better to have "false" happiness than "cold" truth.

( false and cold here are quite subjective.).....

It's understandable, OP.

1 Like

Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Urahara2: 5:23pm On Dec 01, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
yes. everyone does that. just as pastors jump other books and go quote Malachi just to get tithe money.

They quote Malachi to get tithe , quote Leviticus yo advocate for homophobia , but when u quote verses explicitly ordering for the massacre of unbelievers , they then say its in the old testament
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by EyeHateGod: 5:24pm On Dec 01, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
ofcos you are right. if nature can be so intelligent enough to create us and every other thing then of cos that is God. when I pray I channel my prayer straight to "the creator" I block all religious description of the creator and just perceive him\it in pure concept. that's what am comfortable with.
And what makes you think that a God gives a fvck about your prayers? And if it did they won't be so much suffering in the world or don't you think so?
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by EyeHateGod: 5:25pm On Dec 01, 2016
Urahara2:

They quote Malachi to get tithe , quote Leviticus yo advocate for homophobia , but when u quote verses explicitly ordering for the massacre of unbelievers , they then say its in the old testament
Carnal minds can't understand..
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by AngelsAndStars(m): 5:27pm On Dec 01, 2016
EyeHateGod:

And what makes you think that a God gives a fvck about your prayers? And if it did they won't be so much suffering in the world or don't you think so?
I don't know if he gives a fvck, I just pray. I work and pray, and I experience him giving a fvck. well, that's how I see it. about the suffering that's a whole new chapter
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Nobody: 5:27pm On Dec 01, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
OK.

people will get delivered by anything as long as they have faith. faith is not for religious people alone. I stopped using drugs when I began to have faith that I'll heal without drugs and to this day I don't take drugs for malaria and other similar sickness and it works. that's faith at work there. The Bible is a great book, a book from God but trust me you can't follow every instructions in it. you just can't. people pick select from it. me2 I do. I meditate the buddha style too. like I said, I also pray through Christ too. I believe there are many parts to God. that's just it.

I have said this repeatedly here and some of these atheists took it as a lie. By faith for 20+ years of my life i have been sickness free and have not taken any form of medication till date as well.

The thing about the Bible is this, its not meant to be taken literary outside Christ. Christ is the fulfilment of the Word so any action taken outside of Christ is falsehood. Christ taught us love as He who came from God and we are meant to emulate Him. So if i go to a church and the pastor is praying that a perceived enemy should run mad or fall down and die i cannot offer that kind of prayer as i know that Pastor is Ignorant of the manner of spirit we have as followers of Christ.

The standard is Christ.

Now that Christ being the Testator came and died then he through death abolished the old testament as there has to be the death of the testator for the testament to come into effect which was so in Christ.

[b]Hebrews 9: 11-18

But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building; 12Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us. 13For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh: 14How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

15And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance. 16For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator. 17For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth. 18Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood.[/b]
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Urahara2: 5:27pm On Dec 01, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Carnal minds can't understand..

The ways of god are not the ways of man.

U don't understand because u dont have the holy spirit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by AngelsAndStars(m): 5:28pm On Dec 01, 2016
Urahara2:

Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by EyeHateGod: 5:30pm On Dec 01, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
I don't know if he gives a fvck, I just pray. I work and pray, and I experience him giving a fvck. well, that's how I see it. about the suffering that's a whole new chapter
Why do you work and and Pray? Is it that you don't trust your works?
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Urahara2: 5:31pm On Dec 01, 2016
AngelsAndStars:
Lolz people who were naked(practically dumb) were given instructions grin. its like giving instructions to a kid less that 6 months old.

And how could they have none that disobeying god was bad when they had not eaten from the tree of knowledge of good and evil to know what good and evil was undecided

1 Like

Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by Nobody: 5:31pm On Dec 01, 2016
Seun:

The error rate you quoted isn't the one I'm talking about, while the analogy you offered is extremely poor.

smiley I had to come down to your level bro. Remember we were supposed to tackle this on an exclusive thread and you ran off?
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by EyeHateGod: 5:32pm On Dec 01, 2016
Urahara2:

The ways of god are not the ways of man.

U don't understand because u dont have the holy spirit
This is why we have 33000 denominations of Christianity with different beliefs and all this denominations can actually defend their beliefs with Bible verses..
Re: My Experience As An Atheist For Three Weeks. by AngelsAndStars(m): 5:34pm On Dec 01, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Why do you work and and Pray? Is it that you don't trust your works?
Lolz. when I have spare time what do I do I pray na. don't you have wishes? prayers are like wishes, but prayer is directed to God. if he answers? great. if not? great. he knows best. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

William Kumuyi Celebrates His 79th Birthday / Paul Enenche Commissions Police Station, Hospital In Benue / The Christmas Season I Grew Up With :photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.