Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention (24293 Views)

6 Governors That Agreed To Hold Convention Without Buhari / Sheriff’s PDP Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules / PDP: Why Makarfi Faction Is Wooing Aggrieved APC Chiefs – sheriff Faction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by Nellybank(m): 12:45pm On Dec 01, 2016
And the unfortunate thing is dat okon abang who keep disgracing himself upandan is from my place. Abuse of legal profession
Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by tunderay(m): 12:48pm On Dec 01, 2016
I hope this won't bring up another matter, I am sure Sheriff is still observing. But then, the deed has been done, his job has been completed, even Fayose feel the pain. Edo and Ondo is gone. Convention will still trigger a fresh battle, PDP is in for it.

1 Like

Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by Omeokachie: 12:55pm On Dec 01, 2016
Shame on Justice A.P.C. Abang

1 Like

Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by cyberguy72(m): 12:58pm On Dec 01, 2016
tunderay:
I hope this won't bring up another matter, I am sure Sheriff is still observing. But then, the deed has been done, his job has been completed, even Fayose feel the pain. Edo and Ondo is gone. Convention will still trigger a fresh battle, PDP is in for it.
EDO AND ONDO elections were massively rigged.The So called Sheriff did not in anyway influence the outcome of these elections.Sheriff to me is a complete nonentity

2 Likes

Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by TonyeBarcanista(m): 1:01pm On Dec 01, 2016
WILLYBABS:
I talk my own ooooo...this guy na thief, don't try and buy data from him, he scammed me. I've informed my baba already, he's a living corpse...Mods, block him, not me.
You for tell Baba to hit am small akpako only. These scammers sef

1 Like

Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by tunderay(m): 1:04pm On Dec 01, 2016
cyberguy72:
EDO AND ONDO elections were massively rigged.The So called Sheriff did not in anyway influence the outcome of these elections.Sheriff to me is a complete nonentity
He didn't influence it? So are you saying those confusion he created was not part of the reasons that PDP lost the election? And you are the first person that will say Ondo election was rigged, guess you know more than the active players. Check every news, their complaint was on Jimoh / Sheriff factor.
Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by MeAboki(m): 1:10pm On Dec 01, 2016
BERNIMOORE:

https://www.thecable.ng/just-sheriffs-faction-illegal-appeal-court-rules

Tory never finish; until dem reach Supreme Court before anyone can talk say de matter is finally settled.
Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by Emassive(m): 1:26pm On Dec 01, 2016
ONDO and EDO was the Target and they got it. They don't want to lose the SS anymore to PDP so there they divided the Party into 2 through out elections. It's settled now cause there is no more elections to rig. Well good for PDP as they deserve what they went through. Who both parties epp?
Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by ogene007: 1:38pm On Dec 01, 2016
Emassive:
ONDO and EDO was the Target and they got it. They don't want to lose the SS anymore to PDP so there they divided the Party into 2 through out elections. It's settled now cause there is no more elections to rig. Well good for PDP as they deserve what they went through. Who both parties epp?
I wonder how a one-party state helps you. Go and learn from history and you will know that multiparty democracy remains the best for the electorate. Some of us where old enough to witness the tension created by IBBs two-party system, so pray that Nigeria does not descend into a one or even two-party state. The electorate should always have options because if these options are taken away from them, then the people are in for it.

1 Like

Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by Nobody: 1:42pm On Dec 01, 2016
Emassive:

Support rigging, continue
Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by BERNIMOORE: 1:54pm On Dec 01, 2016
MeAboki:

Tory never finish; until dem reach Supreme Court before anyone can talk say de matter is finally settled.

The supreme Court has granted the Appeal court 'go ahead' to determine 'final pronouncement' on the factional leadership.

''Justice Walter Onnoghen, struck out an interlocutory appeal by the Sheriff faction and directed parties to return to the Court of Appeal for a final pronouncement on the substantive issue of which of the factional leaderships of the party could instruct lawyers to act for the PDP.

And on the wednesday 23rd November the Next Day(last week), having Cleared The Appeal court by the Apex court to determine 'final pronouncement' on the factional leaderships of the party

''The court of appeal upheld the caretaker committee of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) under the leadership of Ahmed Makarfi, describing the faction led by Ali Modu Sheriff as illegal.

So it is left for sheriff to still head to the supreme court Again to Appeal the 'final judgement'
Sheriiff had earlier lost 'injuction he filed at the supreme court to stop Appeal Court' from determining the 'leadership crisis'

it will be recalled that Appart from the guber candidate issue, The Appeal court determined 2 other cases at the same Appeal Court
below;

1. Jegede vs Poroye (Jimoh Ibrahim) challenging his substitution by INEC based on Abang October Ruling.

2. Markafi and Ben Obi vs Poroye and Others ( Challenging Abang judgement of June 29) which ruled that Poroye should be recognized as the Pdp state chairman. As well as determination of the authentic national party chairman

3. PDP vs Poroye (challenging Poroye for using the same Counsel to represent PDP case he take to court before abang. Poroye appoint counsel for appellant, the same Poroye appoint Counsel as defendant in the case he takes before Justice Abang).

1, 2 and 3 are all determined, but mischievious people hammer more on 1 above because they knew many people dont bother to read and lazy.
Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by lomprico(m): 2:03pm On Dec 01, 2016
Apc to sheriff.......well done! Mission accomplished.
Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by MeAboki(m): 2:20pm On Dec 01, 2016
BERNIMOORE:

The supreme Court has granted the Appeal court 'go ahead' to determine 'final pronouncement' on the factional leadership.

''Justice Walter Onnoghen, struck out an interlocutory appeal by the Sheriff faction and directed parties to return to the Court of Appeal for a final pronouncement on the substantive issue of which of the factional leaderships of the party could instruct lawyers to act for the PDP.

And on the wednesday 23rd November the Next Day(last week), having Cleared The Appeal court by the Apex court to determine 'final pronouncement' on the factional leaderships of the party

''The court of appeal upheld the caretaker committee of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) under the leadership of Ahmed Makarfi, describing the faction led by Ali Modu Sheriff as illegal.

So it is left for sheriff to still head to the supreme court Again to Appeal the 'final judgement'
Sheriiff had earlier lost 'injuction he filed at the supreme court to stop Appeal Court' from determining the 'leadership crisis'

it will be recalled that Appart from the guber candidate issue, The Appeal court determined 2 other cases at the same Appeal Court
below;

1. Jegede vs Poroye (Jimoh Ibrahim) challenging his substitution by INEC based on Abang October Ruling.

2. Markafi and Ben Obi vs Poroye and Others ( Challenging Abang judgement of June 29) which ruled that Poroye should be recognized as the Pdp state chairman. As well as determination of the authentic national party chairman

3. PDP vs Poroye (challenging Poroye for using the same Counsel to represent PDP case he take to court before abang. Poroye appoint counsel for appellant, the same Poroye appoint Counsel as defendant in the case he takes before Justice Abang).

1, 2 and 3 are all determined, but mischievious people hammer more on 1 above because they knew many people dont bother to read and lazy.

Exactly my point, he still has the option of being heard by the Supreme Court - no matter how improbable the outcome may look.
Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by DanielPop(m): 2:21pm On Dec 01, 2016
This is bad news for APC! It means those who are currently disenchanted with the APC will have a place to go to. Also, Tinubu can now have an ally to plot with in 2019.

Lets imagine this...... PDP + ACN + AD + APGA + Newly formed Middle Belt party = grin

This is the coalition that may be built to rescue Nigeria from hopeless leadership!
Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by Amenphx: 2:37pm On Dec 01, 2016
BERNIMOORE:

[left][/left][b][/b] And what is DSS doing or going to do about this man called Abang?
Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 01, 2016
BERNIMOORE:

Op what rubbish are you writing here? Did you go through those mixed-up writtens?

Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by NICENEDU29: 2:57pm On Dec 01, 2016
danot1030:
I really look forward to another mega party but pdp should extinct, that party has brought so much pain encouraged by its corrupt policies.
And you also enjoyed its benefits. That toy called handset you used to type the nonsense you commented was brought by PDP during their reign. The EFCC and ICPC you are now using to witch-hunt members of that party was established by that same party. The corrupt policies the party encouraged made the economy boom and became the best in Africa, unlike the present "corrupt-free policies" that are now causing Nigerians to die of hunger and untold hardship and pushing them into committing all sorts of social vices just to survive the devilish economic situation we see ourselves today. These are just some, among other benefits that you are now enjoying which that party that brought so much pain also brought. Learn to think before you comment.

1 Like

Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by adesamix(m): 3:06pm On Dec 01, 2016
God used Eyitayo Jegede PDP Candidate in Ondo State to solve PDP crisis, Jegede, Ur future is bright, Sheriff and those in camp can now go and settle with their master Makafi people.
Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by Akhimienden(m): 3:32pm On Dec 01, 2016
justice abang I pity u
Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by doctokwus: 3:34pm On Dec 01, 2016
This information is false,besides it s an old story of 23rd november. This op deliberately wants to mislead pple with false info. Somebody shud do d needful
Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by Chikelue2000(m): 3:38pm On Dec 01, 2016
clevadani:
Pdp should just die and leave this country for us
and APC should rule us?

1 Like

Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by danot1030: 4:23pm On Dec 01, 2016
NICENEDU29:

And you also enjoyed its benefits. That toy called handset you used to type the nonsense you commented was brought by PDP during their reign. The EFCC and ICPC you are now using to witch-hunt members of that party was established by that same party. The corrupt policies the party encouraged made the economy boom and became the best in Africa, unlike the present "corrupt-free policies" that are now causing Nigerians to die of hunger and untold hardship and pushing them into committing all sorts of social vices just to survive the devilish economic situation we see ourselves today. These are just some, among other benefits that you are now enjoying which that party that brought so much pain also brought. Learn to think before you comment.
Is your name pdp or why did It pain you this much to take it personal?
Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by WILLYBABS(m): 4:26pm On Dec 01, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

Hehehehe, it's only greed that can make one fall prey to these nonsense guys selling scam on nairaland. My normal MTN monthly sub is ok for me. cool
Mine isn't... to the best of my knowledge, it's not an illegal biz. Judge.
Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by WILLYBABS(m): 4:28pm On Dec 01, 2016
SycophanticGoat:

Hehehehe, it's only greed that can make one fall prey to these nonsense guys selling scam on nairaland. My normal MTN monthly sub is ok for me. cool
Abi u want me to tel baba for u too
Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by cyberguy72(m): 4:35pm On Dec 01, 2016
tunderay:
He didn't influence it? So are you saying those confusion he created was not part of the reasons that PDP lost the election? And you are the first person that will say Ondo election was rigged, guess you know more than the active players. Check every news, their complaint was on Jimoh / Sheriff factor.
Sheriff is just a confused goat. Where does he go from here now,the courts have declared his faction illegal.Let him kuku decamp to APC.I still maintain that EDO and ONDO ELECTIONS were massively rigged by INEC AND BUHARI BOYS

1 Like

Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by kcnwaigbo: 4:49pm On Dec 01, 2016
doctokwus:
This information is false,besides it s an old story of 23rd november.
This op deliberately wants to mislead pple with false info.
Somebody shud do d needful
What exactly is the false information? Did the appeal court not deliver the ruling as the op claimed
Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by Ekeremgba(m): 5:12pm On Dec 01, 2016
Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by tunderay(m): 5:23pm On Dec 01, 2016
cyberguy72:
Sheriff is just a confused goat. Where does he go from here now,the courts have declared his faction illegal.Let him kuku decamp to APC.I still maintain that EDO and ONDO ELECTIONS were massively rigged by INEC AND BUHARI BOYS
I agree with you on Sheriff, but rigging in Ondo? Never. Or are you saying PDP is the only party that have the right to win election? Maybe you don't know, they have been rejected by majority of Nigerians right from 2015, they caused most of the damages this country is experiencing now, that's the fact.
Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by sonoforogun(m): 5:37pm On Dec 01, 2016
Wetin concern Justice Okon Abang. The guy don chop, clean mouth. Na bad business for Ali Modu Sheriff be dat!

Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by ojbaba95(m): 9:44pm On Dec 01, 2016
This op is chronically partisan.
No rulings on this case yet as hearing adjourned till Dec. 15
Re: Sheriff’s Faction Is Illegal, Appeal Court Rules, PDP Now Set To Hold Convention by BERNIMOORE: 10:28pm On Dec 01, 2016
ojbaba95:
This op is chronically partisan.

No rulings on this case yet as hearing adjourned till Dec. 15
No ruling? Are you Ok? Can Any other person verify these proof below Again if there are ruling or Not. Below,

Jegede Emerges PDP governorship candidate in August 22nd 2016
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/08/breaking-ex-ondo-ag-eyitayo-emerges-pdp-governorship-candidate/

for avoidance of doubt pls, There Are two Controversial rulings by Okon Abang That was set Aside and anulled by the Appeal Court;

1. The PDP National chairmanship was determined by Abang On june 25th 2016 and

2. Ondo Guber Candidate was determined by Abang On October 14

(1) Above On june 25th 2016, ''The court, presided by Mr. Abang, had on June 29 declared Ali Sheriff as the authentic PDP chairman after deciding that the group led by Ahmed Makarfi was a product of impunity''.

(2) Above 2. Ondo Guber Candidate was determined by Abang On October 14th ''Mr. Abang nullified the nomination of Eyitayo Jegede from the faction led by Mr. Makarfi and ordered INEC to recognise businessman Jimoh Ibrahim, from Mr. Sheriff’s camp, as the PDP candidate for Saturday’s election

Back to the issue

The Appeal Court sitting in Abuja on 23rd November last (week) set aside the judgement of June 29 where Abang declared ''Ali Sheriff as the authentic PDP chairman''

“We (court of Appeal) set aside the highly misplaced; most fraudulent judgement on June 29,” it added. (Link Above)http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/216130-update-appeal-court-attacks-justice-abang-declares-jegede-pdp-candidate-makarfi-chairman.html

Also

A three-member panel of Appeal Court judges led by Ibrahim Salauwa said the judgement delivered on October 14(by Abang) was as fraudulent as it was violent.

“The entire ruling of the 14th of October is a nullity. It is hereby set aside. Everything that was done at the lower court is a fraud,” the court said.

So The judgement of June 29 where Abang declared ''Ali Sheriff as the authentic PDP chairman'' has been Nulified by the Appeal court on November 23rd And finally;

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Omojuwa, Ogunlesi, Ogundamisi Receives 4 Million Monthly From Osinbajo-leadersng / Unpaid Workers Stranded At Atiku's Campaign Headquarters In Abuja (Video) / Buhari & Dangote Sign 7 Bilateral Agreements With King Mohammad Of Morocco(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.