Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:37 PM

French Land: Teach Me French - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / French Land: Teach Me French (1604 Views)

French Language Learners.........get IN HERE! / Who Will Teach Me Japanese / YORUBA LAND...... Teach Me Yoruba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

French Land: Teach Me French by Bidexluv(f): 11:21am On Dec 01, 2016
Hello or should I say Salut!

I love French language and really want to learn.

Looking for someone to teach me French.

Fellow nairalanders let us use the forum to learn another one more language because you may never know when you might need it

Please all the French literates should please help out

1 Like

Re: French Land: Teach Me French by uboma(m): 12:21pm On Dec 01, 2016
Bidexluv:

Fellow nairalanders let us use the forum to learn another one more language because you may never know when you might need it

Bonjour Bidexlux,

I am also here to learn.

1 Like

Re: French Land: Teach Me French by Bidexluv(f): 12:53pm On Dec 01, 2016
uboma:

Bonjour Bidexlux,
I am also here to learn.
Salut!
Comment alle-vous?
Okay now.
Let's wait for our teachers (pray someone respond)
Re: French Land: Teach Me French by Bidexluv(f): 12:54pm On Dec 01, 2016
Bonne nouveau mois a tous
Re: French Land: Teach Me French by wroskian(m): 3:49pm On Dec 01, 2016
Bidexluv:
Bonne nouveau mois a tous
Bon apres midi mademoiselle wink Comment çava?

If you can type the bolded text, then I believe you are at an intermediate user level. I will also assume you know all the alphabets and basic numerals.
Re: French Land: Teach Me French by Bidexluv(f): 7:27pm On Dec 01, 2016
wroskian:

Bon apres midi mademoiselle wink Comment çava?
If you can type the bolded text, then I believe you are at an intermediate user level. I will also assume you know all the alphabets and basic numerals.
Cava bien merci vous.

Just learnt that through translation o.

Don't even know the alphabets and basic numerals very well.

Please be our teacher.
Re: French Land: Teach Me French by wroskian(m): 8:08pm On Dec 01, 2016
Bidexluv:

Cava bien merci, et vous[b]?[/b]
Très bien. smiley

Just learnt that through translation o.

Don't even know the alphabets and basic numerals very well.

Please be our teacher.
Lol...I can't speak much of French myself, I'm only a bit better than a beginner. So, I can't be that "teacher" you crave for.

However, the alphabets are very similar to the English alphabets except for the pronunciations. I'll post something on that for you tomorrow.
Re: French Land: Teach Me French by Bidexluv(f): 9:53am On Dec 02, 2016
wroskian:

Très bien. smiley

Lol...I can't speak much of French myself, I'm only a bit better than a beginner. So, I can't be that "teacher" you crave for.

However, the alphabets are very similar to the English alphabets except for the pronunciations. I'll post something on that for you tomorrow.
thanks.
Do worry I will learn the "bit" from you like that.

*dancing*

Expecting...
Re: French Land: Teach Me French by Olu317(m): 7:58pm On Dec 02, 2016
uboma:

Bonjour Bidexlux,

I am also here to learn.
...french is more complicated than English language.
Re: French Land: Teach Me French by uboma(m): 8:06pm On Dec 02, 2016
Olu317:
...french is more complicated than English language.

I agree 100%

Even Bidexluv seems to have gone beyond the basic stage, can't even understand what she says here.

I have always felt that the fastest means to learn and understand the French language is to live amongst French speakers for some time....

Oh well, lemme see what I can't get from this thread.

Merci.
Re: French Land: Teach Me French by Olu317(m): 8:21pm On Dec 02, 2016
uboma:

I agree 100%

Even Bidexluv seems to have gone beyond the basic stage, can't even understand what she says here.

I have always felt that the fastest means to learn and understand the French language is to live amongst French speakers for some time....

Oh well, lemme see what I can't get from this thread.

Merci.
It is quite important to continually spend time in the midst of French speaker because it enhances your understanding and proper pronunciation. Furthermore, many words are spelt in English language in the same like manner in French's but the pronunciation is a major factor because it differs. Then Your teacher need to start from alphabets before you progress to the next stage. Apart from the alphabet, the French language lay emphasis on gender,( precisely masculine and feminine which differ from English that also give credence to common as well as neuter) unlike English language that you and I can toy with and go Scot free.
Re: French Land: Teach Me French by uboma(m): 8:30pm On Dec 02, 2016
Olu317:
It is quite important to continually spend time in the midst of French speaker because it enhances your understanding and proper pronunciation. Furthermore, many words are spelt in English language in the same like manner in French's but the pronunciation is a major factor because it differs. Then Your teacher need to start from alphabets before you progress to the next stage. Apart from the alphabet, the French language lay emphasis on gender,( precisely masculine and feminine which differ from English that also give credence to common as well as neuter) unlike English language that you and I can toy with and go Scot free.

Yeah I agree.

It still pains me that I failed to take my French classes in Secondary school seriously...
Re: French Land: Teach Me French by Olu317(m): 8:45pm On Dec 02, 2016
uboma:

Yeah I agree.

It still pains me that I failed to take my French classes in Secondary school seriously...
...Even if you did, it won't be enough for you to understand it but a Lee way to having little French knowledge. Take for instance , a cup has many names, depending on what it is used for a glass cup is called Verre, another cup is referred as tasse, coupé etc. So, if you want to understand French, absolute time must be given to it. To be able to conjugate very well, you must be willing to go all the way in learning it.
Re: French Land: Teach Me French by uboma(m): 6:08am On Dec 03, 2016
Olu317:
...Even if you did, it won't be enough for you to understand it but a Lee way to having little French knowledge. Take for instance , a cup has many names, depending on what it is used for a glass cup is called Verre, another cup is referred as tasse, coupé etc. So, if you want to understand French, absolute time must be given to it. To be able to conjugate very well, you must be willing to go all the way in learning it.

Advise noted.

Thank you very much
Re: French Land: Teach Me French by wroskian(m): 7:43am On Dec 03, 2016
Olu317:
You are very correct Bro, absolute time must be given to it. I don't think much can be gained from a thread like this unless it is complemented with offline learning.

1 Like

Re: French Land: Teach Me French by wroskian(m): 8:37am On Dec 03, 2016
Bidexluv:
thanks.
Do worry I will learn the "bit" from you like that.
*dancing* Expecting...
cheesy Don't expect too much madam. Where is your location? If you're so keen about learning French and in Lagos or Ibadan, I will suggest you enrol at Allianz Francais where you can rapidly acquire proficiency.
Alright, let me drop the alphabets for you. The pronunciations are in parentheses:

A (ah) B (bay) C (say) D (day) E (hay) F (ef)

G (jay) H (hash) I (he) J (ji) K (ka) L (elle)

M (emm) N (enn) O (oh) P (pay) Q (ku)

R (err *with the 'r' sound) S (ess) T (tay) U (hu) V (veh)

W (double veh, *double is pronounced as "dublu" ) X (iks) Y (igrek) Z (zed)

3 Likes

Re: French Land: Teach Me French by MystiqueReine(f): 7:47am On Dec 04, 2016
I'm totally following this thread
Re: French Land: Teach Me French by Bidexluv(f): 4:33pm On Dec 04, 2016
wroskian:

cheesy Don't expect too much madam. Where is your location? If you're so keen about learning French and in Lagos or Ibadan, I will suggest you enrol at Allianz Francais where you can rapidly acquire proficiency.
Alright, let me drop the alphabets for you. The pronunciations are in parentheses:

In service now and at Ogun state.
I have someone who studied french language in school and I told her to teach me. But its schedule ooo.

Thanks for the alphabets.
Re: French Land: Teach Me French by Bidexluv(f): 4:36pm On Dec 04, 2016
MystiqueReine:
I'm totally following this thread

Salut!

Bienvenue!
Re: French Land: Teach Me French by MystiqueReine(f): 4:41pm On Dec 04, 2016
Bidexluv:

Salut!
Bienvenue!
merci beaucoup
Re: French Land: Teach Me French by Bidexluv(f): 4:41pm On Dec 04, 2016
Olu317:

Yes But is the 'conjugating' of words very hard. People keep telling me this o
Re: French Land: Teach Me French by wroskian(m): 4:54pm On Dec 04, 2016
Bidexluv:

In service now and at Ogun state.
I have someone who studied french language in school and I told her to teach me. But its schedule ooo.

Thanks for the alphabets.
Great to know you are actually serving. You could still set aside time to learn via online means though.

You are welcome.
Re: French Land: Teach Me French by Bidexluv(f): 4:54pm On Dec 04, 2016
Hello, Greeting and Goodbye in French language.

Note: Most times the last letters in French words are always silent. (I have forgotten why oo. My teacher must not know faa)

Salut! (Hello! )

Bonjour (Hello)

Rebonjour (Hello again)

Bienvenue! (Welcome)

Bonsoir (Good evening)

Bonne nuit (Good night)

Au revoir (Good bye)

A plus tard (see you later)

A bientot (See you soon)
Re: French Land: Teach Me French by Bidexluv(f): 5:00pm On Dec 04, 2016
wroskian:

Great to know you are actually serving. You could still set aside time to learn via online means though.

You are welcome.

But please try and help us a little here, SVP
Re: French Land: Teach Me French by Olu317(m): 5:49pm On Dec 04, 2016
Bidexluv:

Yes But is the 'conjugating' of words very hard. People keep telling me this o
..alphabet pronunciation is even difficult. But if you are willing and you put your interest,you will know it. For instance, if you pronounce first letter a in English alphabet,it is different in French because, you pronounce as vowel ‘a' on low key
Re: French Land: Teach Me French by eniolaamoda: 10:14pm On Jan 04, 2017
Bidexluv:

Message me on my signature u will see my number
I will buy ur fiverr paypal
Re: French Land: Teach Me French by yinkeys(m): 8:21am On Aug 04, 2019
Download the app Duolingo
Re: French Land: Teach Me French by uboma(m): 6:14pm On Aug 04, 2019
yinkeys:
Download the app Duolingo

A very useful app but I failed to make good use of it...

(1) (Reply)

Natural Skin Beauty Solutions / Breaking-out Time For Women In Northern Nigeria / Origins Of The Ogori-magongo People And Its Environs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.