Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,121 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:12 PM

What Country Do You Wish You Were Born In? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Country Do You Wish You Were Born In? (1633 Views)

Which Country Do You Think This Will Be? (photo) / Which African Country Do You Think Has The Most Audible Accent To A Foreigner / Which African Country Do We Nigerians Tend 2 Marry From? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Country Do You Wish You Were Born In? by kevi3: 10:31pm On Jul 08, 2012
Re: What Country Do You Wish You Were Born In? by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jul 08, 2012
In the stone age mama Africa, when people used to walk around n.aked... grin

That would have be fun with big and small ti.ts everywhere to suck. cheesy cheesy
Re: What Country Do You Wish You Were Born In? by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:49pm On Jul 08, 2012
BIAFRA !!
Re: What Country Do You Wish You Were Born In? by OldHag: 2:10pm On Jul 09, 2012
Old hag would wish for the Same country I was born in.
Re: What Country Do You Wish You Were Born In? by odumchi: 6:26pm On Jul 09, 2012
Aro Confederacy.
Re: What Country Do You Wish You Were Born In? by ChinenyeN(m): 8:52pm On Jul 09, 2012
Ngwam ("m" is not a pronoun, to be clear).
Re: What Country Do You Wish You Were Born In? by Ptolomeus(m): 9:50pm On Jul 09, 2012
Montevideo, Uruguay, South America.
I was born there and alive there.
Re: What Country Do You Wish You Were Born In? by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:25pm On Jul 09, 2012
odumchi: Aro Confederacy.

You mean the same Confederacy that thrived in the evil act of human hunting and selling? ??
Re: What Country Do You Wish You Were Born In? by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:27pm On Jul 09, 2012
[quote author=ChinenyeN]Ngwam ("m" is not a pronoun, to be clear).[/quot

As usual,always in dreamland! !
Re: What Country Do You Wish You Were Born In? by ChinenyeN(m): 10:37pm On Jul 09, 2012
odumchi: Aro Confederacy.
Maybe in this other timeline, we would have better foreign relations. cheesy
Re: What Country Do You Wish You Were Born In? by odumchi: 12:04am On Jul 10, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli:

You mean the same Confederacy that thrived in the evil act of human hunting and selling? ??

If you're talking about the same Aro Confederacy that brought unprecedented political stability and mass economic activity to the eastern Nigerian region, cunningly established itself as a powerful force and power broker in eastern Nigeria, facilitated the cultural exchange between the groups of the Cross-River region and the Igbo, and gave spawn to fearless individuals like Okoli Oti (who is rumored to be the founder of Umuoji: meaning, technically, you might be an Aro yourself), Izuogu Mgbokpo (the father of Arondizuogu) and many other brave pioneers and warriors, then yes, that's the one.

M vukari Aro na anya.

ChinenyeN:
Maybe in this other timeline, we would have better foreign relations. cheesy

Ha! Perhaps so, my friend! I can already imagine it: the Aro, Ngwa, and their allies combining forces to squash the Europeans. I can already see the newspaper headlines in London: "British Expeditionary Force forced to abandon West Africa, England recognizes the Ibo Confederacy as an independent nation. England seeks peace talks in Accra."

grin

Oh, and for the first time, I can understand your signature! Praise be to Jesu!
Re: What Country Do You Wish You Were Born In? by ChinenyeN(m): 12:29am On Jul 10, 2012
odumchi: If you're talking about the same Aro Confederacy that brought unprecedented political stability and mass economic activity to the eastern Nigerian region, cunningly established itself as a powerful force and power broker in eastern Nigeria, facilitated the cultural exchange between the groups of the Cross-River region and the Igbo, and gave spawn to fearless individuals like Okoli Oti (who is rumored to be the founder of Umuoji: meaning, technically, you might be an Aro yourself), Izuogu Mgbokpo (the father of Arondizuogu) and many other brave pioneers and warriors, then yes, that's the one.

M vukari Aro na anya.
Announcer 1: And and excellent counter play by the Aro Son of Soil himself.
Announcer 2: Oughtta give Odenigbo a thing or two to think about, that's for sure.

odumchi: Ha! Perhaps so, my friend! I can already imagine it: the Aro, Ngwa, and their allies combining forces to squash the Europeans. I can already see the newspaper headlines in London: "British Expeditionary Force forced to abandon West Africa, England recognizes the Ibo Confederacy as an independent nation. England seeks peace talks in Accra."

grin
Hhaaha aside from "Ibo Confederacy" & "independent nation", I can comfortably agree with how this timeline has played out.

odumchi: Oh, and for the first time, I can understand your signature! Praise be to Jesu!
Ochi lei. I chogha madhu l'igbu? So what do you understand from it?
Re: What Country Do You Wish You Were Born In? by NRIPRIEST(m): 4:54am On Jul 10, 2012
Odumchi, ha ha ha ha! I know you will research about Umuoji oneday and stumble into that Okoli Otie story.....I know about it but I dont want to discuss it on NL because of my strong doubt. On a serious note,we have Aro settlers in Umuoji who we used to call "Ukpabi" but they are currently called "Umuobia"(immigrants) and have acculturated into the Nri culture and wont even accept to be called Aros. Now,about Okoli Otie; There is nothing about Umuoji history that suggest we were onc e Aros. Our socio cultural and religious structure alone will tell you we are nothing but Nri decendants. Our progenitor is "Okodu",the father of Umuoji,Abatete and Nkpor. The names we bear in Umuoji,our deities and and festivals suggests an undisputed Nri connections! As you can see from the history you read about Igwulube Okodu,it has the Okoli Otie and Okodu versions. I personaly think that the Aro settlers has something to do with the Okoli Otie story because there is nothing to validate it ! I have spoken to some Okoduans about the Aro version and they couldnt agree more. I have no problem if I find out we are Aros but as it stand we are of Nri lineage....Daalu nwanne.
Re: What Country Do You Wish You Were Born In? by OdenigboAroli(m): 9:29am On Jul 10, 2012
At Nwa Ngwa, as you can see, I am aware of that Aro conjucture. I dont know where the heck the story arose from but there is absolutely nothing to prove an Aro connection nor influence in all of Umu Okodu clans. Like I said before,we have Aro settlers in a village called Umuobia but they have acculturated into the Nri culture and the are the ones that brings the "AKWUNECHENYI" masqurade to the "Uzo Iyi" festivals. Moreover,Umuoji itself is bigger than Aro with 23 villages. So,there is absolutely nothing to think about,Ngwa hwem.
Re: What Country Do You Wish You Were Born In? by odumchi: 10:22am On Jul 10, 2012
ChinenyeN:
Announcer 1: And and excellent counter play by the Aro Son of Soil himself.
Announcer 2: Oughtta give Odenigbo a thing or two to think about, that's for sure.

Hhaaha aside from "Ibo Confederacy" & "independent nation", I can comfortably agree with how this timeline has played out.

Ochi lei. I chogha madhu l'igbu? So what do you understand from it?

Lol. You're funny grin.

I interpreted your signature as: "Ngwa: the motherland of the Ikwere".

Odenigbo Aroli:
At Nwa Ngwa, as you can see, I am aware of that Aro conjucture. I dont know where the heck the story arose from but there is absolutely nothing to prove an Aro connection nor influence in all of Umu Okodu clans. Like I said before,we have Aro settlers in a village called Umuobia but they have acculturated into the Nri culture and the are the ones that brings the "AKWUNECHENYI" masqurade to the "Uzo Iyi" festivals. Moreover,Umuoji itself is bigger than Aro with 23 villages. So,there is absolutely nothing to think about,Ngwa hwem.

Odenigbo, I'm not really concerned with whether or not you are Aro. I don't really feel like it's necessary to debate that at this moment. The point of my statement was to help you realize the significance of the Aro Confederacy since you condemned it as "the same Confederacy that thrived in the evil act of human hunting and selling".

Odenigbo Aroli: Umuoji itself is bigger than Aro with 23 villages.
Are you talking about Arochukwu or the entire Aro people? I'm not sure of the population of Umuoji but if it can top Arochukwu's 200 thousand, fine. But remember this, Umuoji is developing and is turning into an urban center. Even if it's population were larger than that of Arochukwu, the population of actual Umuoji indigenes (in Umuoji) would still be far smaller than the population of Arochukwu indigenes (in Arochukwu).
Re: What Country Do You Wish You Were Born In? by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:29am On Jul 10, 2012
Well Odumchi,the exploits of ndi Aro in the days of human selling isnt in doubt rather what irritates me is the means with which they achieved their aim...You said "significance". Significant in what ? Where did they get the money used in running their human selling confederacy? They got it from invading,kidnapping and selling their fellow Igbos! It was because of Aro that ISU went into ruins! Tell me one good thing that Aro brought to Igbo land other than human hunting and selling...I know some of Aro guys that think they are incredible because Aros were seen as warrior but they werent fighting a just course and I always ask them what good was Aro to Igbo land. I dont think you should be fantacizing about the confederacy because it brought a lot of pains to the Igbos and Africa. I wish that confederacy was never formed !!
Re: What Country Do You Wish You Were Born In? by odumchi: 12:02pm On Jul 10, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli: Well Odumchi,the exploits of ndi Aro in the days of human selling isnt in doubt rather what irritates me is the means with which they achieved their aim...You said "significance". Significant in what ? Where did they get the money used in running their human selling confederacy? They got it from invading,kidnapping and selling their fellow Igbos! It was because of Aro that ISU went into ruins! Tell me one good thing that Aro brought to Igbo land other than human hunting and selling...I know some of Aro guys that think they are incredible because Aros were seen as warrior but they werent fighting a just course and I always ask them what good was Aro to Igbo land. I dont think you should be fantacizing about the confederacy because it brought a lot of pains to the Igbos and Africa. I wish that confederacy was never formed !!

Open a thread about this and I'll happily discuss it with you. Let's not derail this thread.
Re: What Country Do You Wish You Were Born In? by Yorisb: 12:24pm On Jul 10, 2012
Odenigbo Aroli: BIAFRA !!
Re: What Country Do You Wish You Were Born In? by ChinenyeN(m): 5:55pm On Jul 10, 2012
odumchi: Lol. You're funny grin.
I interpreted your signature as: "Ngwa: the motherland of the Ikwere".
Loolll not quite. My signature is saying "Ngwam :: native son dey hail/greet"

odumchi: Open a thread about this and I'll happily discuss it with you. Let's not derail this thread.
Oh. A thread discussion that I might could actually find interesting. Odenigbo, you going to open it or no?
Re: What Country Do You Wish You Were Born In? by odumchi: 11:38pm On Jul 10, 2012
ChinenyeN:
Loolll not quite. My signature is saying "Ngwam :: native son dey hail/greet"

Lol. I don fail be dat. Interesting signature, by the way.
Re: What Country Do You Wish You Were Born In? by TerryCarr(m): 4:35pm On Jul 14, 2012
Brazil or Madagascar grin
Re: What Country Do You Wish You Were Born In? by Ptolomeus(m): 5:50pm On Jul 16, 2012
TerryCarr: Brazil or Madagascar grin
It's the same ...
Re: What Country Do You Wish You Were Born In? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Sep 29, 2012
Jamaica but still raised in 'The States'.
I just want the accident.
Re: What Country Do You Wish You Were Born In? by TerryCarr(m): 4:34pm On Sep 29, 2012
Ptolomeus:
It's the same ...
what?? undecided
Re: What Country Do You Wish You Were Born In? by Ptolomeus(m): 6:37pm On Oct 01, 2012
TerryCarr: what?? undecided

Really ....
There is pride ... but would not change.
My country is very small, but has wonderful things.
If I could choose, I would choose to be born in Montevideo, Uruguay.
There is contempt for anyone, is a matter of affection to my country.
My respects.
Re: What Country Do You Wish You Were Born In? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 01, 2012
shymmex: In the stone age mama Africa, when people used to walk around n.aked... grin

That would have be fun with big and small ti.ts everywhere to suck. cheesy cheesy
grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Why Can't Nigerians Talk For A Long Time Without Speech Mannerisms / Some Igbo Words That Are The Same Meaning With Hebrew / First Photos: JOS CARNIVAL 2018 - Street Parade And Cultural Display

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.