Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,529 members, 7,850,807 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 09:22 AM

‘engineers Don’t Blow Up Pipelines,’ Group Tells President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘engineers Don’t Blow Up Pipelines,’ Group Tells President (816 Views)

Photos OF The Co-ordinator Of Attacks On Chevron & NNPC Pipelines In Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘engineers Don’t Blow Up Pipelines,’ Group Tells President by Jokerman(m): 5:02pm On Dec 01, 2016
The Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) has dismissed President Muhammadu Buhari’s insinuation that engineers might be involved in the pipeline attacks in the Niger Delta.

President Buhari made the comment on Tuesday, November 29, after being named the Grand Patron of theNigerian Academy of Engineering(NAE).

“If I will go in the negative side, how can an ordinary Nigerian go into the sea, 70Km or more, go down two metres and blow up oil installations?”Buhari asked.
“That cannot be an ordinary Nigerian. So, I hope you will appeal to your colleagues to make sure that what we have built, they should safeguard them whether they are working with multinationals or the government,”he added.

NSE President,Otis Anyaejireacted to the president’s comments during a press briefing in Abuja on Wednesday, November 30.
“It is not engineers that dive into the waters. It is not possible. Our registered engineers are not even involved in all these incidents, such as building collapses and the likes, not to talk of engineers going to take dynamites to blow up pipelines. That cannot happen,”he said according to Punch.

Buhari earlier begged Niger Delta militants to stop bombing pipelines in the restive region.
“I appeal to the people of the Niger Delta region to embrace peace and focus on agriculture for sustainable economic development and wealth creation,” the president said.
“I urge you to take advantage of the huge potential in agriculture and stop the destruction of oil and gas pipelines, which only serve to destroy our ecosystem and economy,”he added.

http://pulse.ng/local/buhari-engineers-don-t-blow-up-pipelines-group-tells-president-id5837641.html?utm_campaign=art-buhari-engineers-don-t-blow-up-pipelines-group-tells-president-2016-12-01&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

1 Like

Re: ‘engineers Don’t Blow Up Pipelines,’ Group Tells President by Gozzzy(m): 5:06pm On Dec 01, 2016
The most confused president of all times, is buhari. The combination of illiteracy and cluelessness, is a very wicked punishment form the gods on one man... Being ruled by such a man is an even greater punishment on the people by the gods.

7 Likes

Re: ‘engineers Don’t Blow Up Pipelines,’ Group Tells President by Jokerman(m): 5:06pm On Dec 01, 2016
I don't think this man knows who an engineer is...

Engineering the best profession in the world, if no be say Nigeria no sabi wetin dey worry am...

NSE biggest impediment to engineering growth...

I wonder why Fashola wasn't made minister of health, or minister of finance or minister of Agriculture, buh Engineering

Principles wey Einstein and Newton die on top na im Nigeria dey use play.. OK now..

Buhari we are engineers not blowers of pipeline.. we design, fabricate and construct... We maintain, we build... we study...

I dey vex, maybe na engineers dey make IEDs too...

3 Likes

Re: ‘engineers Don’t Blow Up Pipelines,’ Group Tells President by OZAOEKPE(f): 5:08pm On Dec 01, 2016
grin
Re: ‘engineers Don’t Blow Up Pipelines,’ Group Tells President by Abeymills(m): 5:12pm On Dec 01, 2016
Useles old dullard has no idea who n wat an engineer is useles clueless one displaying his talent

1 Like

Re: ‘engineers Don’t Blow Up Pipelines,’ Group Tells President by Emescot(m): 5:14pm On Dec 01, 2016
The engineers are working with the CIA and PDP to destroy your government. Abi no be so oga bubu?

1 Like

Re: ‘engineers Don’t Blow Up Pipelines,’ Group Tells President by lomprico(m): 5:52pm On Dec 01, 2016
Daft oaf of a president!

1 Like

Re: ‘engineers Don’t Blow Up Pipelines,’ Group Tells President by Nobody: 6:14pm On Dec 01, 2016
Using buhari logic l will say that

An ordinary herdsman cant kill and destroy communities rather these are serving military personnel from the north who have been conscripted by buhari as the grand patron of Miyetti Allah to take lands from Christians in the North
Re: ‘engineers Don’t Blow Up Pipelines,’ Group Tells President by mrvitalis(m): 7:13pm On Dec 01, 2016
Jokerman:
I don't think this man knows who an engineer is...

Engineering the best profession in the world, if no be say Nigeria no sabi wetin dey worry am...

NSE biggest impediment to engineering growth...

I wonder why Fashola wasn't made minister of health, or minister of finance or minister of Agriculture, buh Engineering

Principles wey Einstein and Newton die on top na im Nigeria dey use play.. OK now..

Buhari we are engineers not blowers of pipeline.. we design, fabricate and construct... We maintain, we build... we study...

I dey vex, maybe na engineers dey make IEDs too...

Bro i am an engineering graduate. .. but ur analogy is baseless

The present minister of petroleum... Is a lawyer.. . He did wonders at Mobil

At top level managerial skills are transferable
Re: ‘engineers Don’t Blow Up Pipelines,’ Group Tells President by Jokerman(m): 7:37pm On Dec 01, 2016
mrvitalis:

Bro i am an engineering graduate. .. but ur analogy is baseless

The present minister of petroleum... Is a lawyer.. . He did wonders at Mobil

At top level managerial skills are transferable

Yea we are seeing d dividends of the managerial skill already.... undecided

2 Likes

Re: ‘engineers Don’t Blow Up Pipelines,’ Group Tells President by Nobody: 7:59pm On Dec 01, 2016
Unfortunately, the dump president doesn't know all this. He hasn't finished blaming Pdp, he has now diverted his blaming to innocent engineers.

What a shame.
Re: ‘engineers Don’t Blow Up Pipelines,’ Group Tells President by Ragnnar: 8:22pm On Dec 01, 2016
Just give this Dollardiho mic and he will disgrace his self.

(1) (Reply)

Python Dance: Civil Rights Activists Raise Alarm Over Militarisation, Extortion / Economic Recession: How My People Are Surviving - Gov Aregbesola / Train Carrying Soldiers Cuts Trailer Into Two In Kaduna

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.