Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,295 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:25 AM

The Girl Who Had Everything - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Girl Who Had Everything (859 Views)

The Girl In Black By SAMUEL Franklin (Psy-FY, Action and Thriller) (Completed) / The Girl Who Cried Blood / The Girl Next Door (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Girl Who Had Everything by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 01, 2016
I knew a girl who had everything. She was beautiful with eyes that sparkled which I believed could lit a dark room, lips that were soft and fresh and skins which had curly black strands of hairs growing on them.
Sandra could speak fluently and she had the kind of confidence that like the broom, could sweep off the foot of anyone drowning in a pool of inferiority complex, any one like me and when she spoke, it was like as though the birds who sang melodies got their voices from her.
I never liked Sandra. I never hated her either. I would use the word dislike and if really I wanted to be honest, I would say I envied her. I was jealous. I didn't understand why she had everything. I was never in her cliques even though we sat on the same row of seat in the classroom, I would put my head on my desk, my two arms rounding my head while I eavesdropped on her discussions with her friends who would crowd her during break periods and listen to her talk - about their house, family, wealth, the love and care, everything! Everything!

I would go home sometimes fuming and blaming my father in my heart for never being rich, for never making me be like the girl who had everything.

This kept on happening until one day. I had gotten to school to hear that Sandra had a severe illness which had kept her from school and later, I got to know she had the sickle cell anaemia.
I didn't know what I felt after hearing that but I didn't feel happy. I didn't feel bad either, I didn't cry. I didn't know what it meant for one to have the sickle cell anaemia, I only knew that Sandra had everything.

Days passed and more did and then, I heard more about Sandra. No! She wasn't dead. She didn't die.
Sandra had no mother and she never talked about her father. The only siblings she talked about were her cousins she lived with in her Aunt's place.
Sandra lacked the love from a mother, and maybe a father and siblings and good cousins and maybe an aunt too.

As I walked home that day, I felt disappointed in myself, I felt stupid and brainless. I had and still have a father, the best mother and siblings. I had a cousin and aunt who was the person after my heart, who cared.
Sandra didn't have everything!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Girl Who Had Everything by TeleboiZ005(m): 11:47pm On Dec 01, 2016
Cool cool

1 Like

Re: The Girl Who Had Everything by more2life: 3:41pm On Jan 02, 2017
Thankful for the common things that are actually uncommon. Good one

(1) (Reply)

UC...removed / Runs Girl / IJEMMA - A JESS SHORTS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.