Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,830 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

My Best Friend - A Must Read - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Best Friend - A Must Read (1824 Views)

More Than A Friend (a Short Story) / Woman Accuses Best Friend Of Stealing Husband’s joystick / My Bride’s Best Friend (A Short Romantic Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Best Friend - A Must Read by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 01, 2016
It was the night before Christmas. It was very cold outside. We had just had dinner. It was a staple jollof rice and fried plantain ( the very kind that makes you lick your lips in satisfaction). The atmosphere was cheerful in my home that night. My elder brother and three younger sisters were all clothed with smiles on their faces. My dad, surprisinglu was in a happy mood too. My mom of course was talking excitedly. I was busy with my phone. I was the less talker. After the NTA network news had ended by 10pm, my dad led the evening prayers as we all yawned sleeply to our rooms.
At first, I decided to knock some thumbs with PES2016. (It was recently released then). It was a friendly between the team of my choice - barca and the team I hated - AC Milan.
One touch... two touches... a final up thru pass to luis suarez and phiam... the ball was at the back of the net. I scored eleven more goals. (amateur mode sha) After three more games,I got bored. While shutting down, I heard a knock.

To be continued.....
Re: My Best Friend - A Must Read by Nobody: 6:52pm On Dec 01, 2016
In came my dad. I swiftly stood up. "Sir?", I voiced out without being questioned. "Why are you still up? I heard you laughing from the room" asked my dad. "Nothing sir", I squeaked. "Now get some sleep. Tomorrow will be very busy" he said before walking out.
I heaved a sigh of relief. "Thank God he didn't cease my laptop", I thought to myself. I then made my bed, changed into my pyjamas (sorry House clothes) and laid. Twenty mins passed and I was still wide awake. Forty, fifty, and an hour passed by and my eyes still shone like torches. "Oohoh", I murmured under my breath. I lifted myself from the bed and went to sit near the window in a bid to feel rowsy. I shifted the curtain aside as I gazed across the neighbourhood until my eyes met with light streaming from the room of Tola. Tola was my crush in the neighbourhood. She was exactly too pretty but she was fun to be with. She was darkly complexioned, had a dimpled face that seemed to always smile. She was good at ludo and was athletic.

To Continue ..

1 Like

Re: My Best Friend - A Must Read by xaviercasmir(m): 9:38pm On Dec 01, 2016
MORE PLS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: My Best Friend - A Must Read by Nobody: 9:52pm On Dec 01, 2016
xaviercasmir:
MORE PLS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay, just a minute please.
Re: My Best Friend - A Must Read by Nobody: 10:12pm On Dec 01, 2016
"Why would she be awake at this time of the night?", I asked rhetorically. "Is she with someone?" "Or maybe she's checking out her xmas wear, who knows?", a sea of thoughts flooding my mind.
I looked intently at her window's blinds hoping I would suddenly develop x-ray eyes. My heart raced about. Those old feelings had resurrected to haunt me.
Then I realized that the temperature in my room was dropping. My feet and hands were becomming numb. Afraid that I would freeze, I shut the windows and got myself into a hoodie.
About twenty mins later or so, I was fast asleep on the chair.
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz - PAT!!! A hard slap had fallen on my left ear. A response to the mosquito buzzing at my ear. The slap had come from my own hands. I returned to bed and dozed off, even forgetting to turn of the lights.

CHRISTMAS!!!

I woke up to a slap on the buttocks by Chioma (the last born girl of the house). "Come out for morning devotion", she said before scampering off. "See, if I get you ehn", I threatened.

1 Like

Re: My Best Friend - A Must Read by Nobody: 10:31pm On Dec 01, 2016
Devotion that morning was unusually short . What would have taken an hour of endless preaching and zero response from myself and my other sleeping siblings took just about thirty five mins of exuberant chorusing and clapping and "noise" from the tambourine.
One and a half hours later, we were all set for church. Everyone was radiating in their ritzy clothes, taking pictures with pockets full of "bangers." (Whoever said what we did at age 16 has to stop now?)
"Hmmmmmm", my nasal cavity had picked the scent of a sweetly smelling stew. I stuck my nose in all direction to detect its source and it led me facing upwards. My eyes and Tola's eyes met. She had been staring at me all the while, while I was behaving like a seven year old. I giggled nervously, waving like a girl at her. She waved back at me smiling with her glorious dimples showing. "Happy christmas", I greeted. "I wish you the same", she replied. "Tola", her mother called from inside.
"Ma", she hurried off.

To be continued.....

1 Like

Re: My Best Friend - A Must Read by Nobody: 4:07pm On Dec 26, 2017
After a year of endless distractions, work and total non challancy, I have finally decided to update this story this yuletide. Enjoy!
Re: My Best Friend - A Must Read by Nobody: 4:41pm On Dec 26, 2017
We entered the car and zoomed off, yelling our heads of like electrocuted rabbits, chirping away like birds frolicking in the savannah. It would be a merry service full of electric dancing and prancing steps by energetic youths. I joined in the sway, my left leg to the right, my right leg to the left and my head swinging like the canon ball that destroyed Moscow. . It was fun! Yes, youth is fun. Solemn prayers were made, not a voice heard but everyone eclipsed in the climax of their heart-felt supplications to God. We were in the spirit; or so we thought. I got tired of being in the spirit, popped open my eyes and silently sneaked out of the building to catch fresh air. One cannot allow the stains of sweat soak his newly bought christmas wear. An hour later and hundreds of legs were strolling out of church. Service is over. yaay! I wasn't the only one relieved. We briskly marched to the car and zoomed off!
to be continued...

1 Like

Re: My Best Friend - A Must Read by ladygudhead(f): 8:50pm On Jul 17, 2018
i'm following...still waiting...hoping for more this yuletide .
Re: My Best Friend - A Must Read by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 23, 2018
ladygudhead:
i'm following...still waiting...hoping for more this yuletide .

Yes, I'll update every Yuletide.. I need the xmas muse to write well. However, this story is purely fictional.
Re: My Best Friend - A Must Read by ladygudhead(f): 2:23pm On Jul 23, 2018
plavic:

Yes, I'll update every Yuletide.. I need the xmas muse to write well. However, this story is purely fictional.
I see, alright.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Poem By An African Child(touching) / Happy Birthday Harjibola10 / Adventures Of Big T (by Osusu Talks)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.