Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,475 members, 7,819,733 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa (20686 Views)

Olusegun Obasanjo: Before I Die, Lagos Will Become Africa’s 3rd Largest Economy / How We Made Anambra Nigeria’s 4th Largest Economy — Gov Obiano / Imo State Becomes The First State To Have Its Own Airline (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by kenex4ever(m): 10:47am On Dec 02, 2016
OAUTemitayo:
Why is Akwa-Ibom with same budget range not performing wonders
which budget range, lagos earns close to 4times the total earning of akwa ibom per year
Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by checkolatunji: 10:49am On Dec 02, 2016
Godprotectigbos:
grin grin grin grin

just watch how omo niles, agbero miscrant ofonjas will come claim lagos is their personal property grin grin grin grin

lagos is nigera common wealth state tongue tongue tongue tongue

if u dont like wat i said jump inside lagoon cry cry cry cry

God why na?
Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by kenex4ever(m): 10:50am On Dec 02, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:
what about mad men making so much in South South?

Did you know akwa ibom make as much as Lagos if not more?
check d records

In terms of all revenue entering each state, lagos income is above 3times more than akwa ibom
Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by drnoel: 10:51am On Dec 02, 2016
seunmsg:

Hate filled iPod spewing trash as usual. If hatred and jealousy doesn't kill some of you, nothing else will.

Pls what did he said that was wrong or that is not already common.knowledge? Smh
Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by omolola15(m): 10:53am On Dec 02, 2016
happney65:

You get time sef you dey answer him..Can't you see he is a paid tribal bigot that comes online to say rubbish..Look at he's moniker..But seriously this is what unemployment has caused..Being paid to come online and say rubbish...Especially paid Buhari Zoombies

But the comments just dey funny ni na. I just dey laugh with the comments. But wetin person go do than to play along. As them no get work na them sabi.
Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by LePrezident(m): 10:57am On Dec 02, 2016
This is actually ridiculous. There are no figures to support the claim yet people have believed. Sound students of economics would have been looking for GDP figures, inflationary rates and other such related economic indiactors to juxtapose against other states.
Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by Nobody: 10:57am On Dec 02, 2016
omojeesu:

Yeah! He's building on some good foundation!

Absolutely correct.

Lagos has a master plan which has been followed assiduously by every administration from Tinubu. The same can not be said for the FGN where policies changed from HoS - HoS even from within the same party! And we are talking OBJ, Yaradua and GEJ. A team working against itself.

What happened to the NESG Vision 2020?

Nothing.
Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by timsTNA: 11:00am On Dec 02, 2016
No man's land
Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by checkolatunji: 11:09am On Dec 02, 2016
PaulIdu:

..the guy is a great leader period , you have come here to distort the truth with this rhetoric you guys have peddled for a while . Ambode is is outstanding period and his success cannot be attributed to any previous govt please ..

I agree with you that so far so good Ambode has been successful. On the issue of is predecessors, it matters a lot. Tinubu set a good lay out for Lagos, Fashola continue it and added his own. Now it's Ambode turn to continue it and add his own to the good work that started before him

Example is the 4th mainland bridge that started by Tinubu and continue by Fashola, now Ambode is doing the same.

If Obasanjo had done well when he was president, the next person after him would have like equal is achievement or better it. That is how a nation grows. Little wonder he was referred to as Grandfather of corruption, now look at where we found ourselves cos of corruption.

My point is that Ambode is doing well but you can not excuse what past Lagos administration has laid down.

Thanks

Peace
Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by Adebowale89(m): 11:17am On Dec 02, 2016
Godprotectigbos:
grin grin grin grin

just watch how omo niles, agbero miscrant ofonjas will come claim lagos is their personal property grin grin grin grin

seems na the likes&shares in ur nonsensical comments make u to split thrash most times

and na someone like u, dt yeye freeze they talk abt? smh
Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by Adebowale89(m): 11:23am On Dec 02, 2016
Eko ile ogbon, an urban city that attract all other region even the Igbo's can't stay away from the state. city of commerce

God bless Lagos state

God bless southwest region

God bless Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by yudee233: 11:31am On Dec 02, 2016
nickxtra:
Why has God not given to us a President in mood and likeness of Ambode?
The difference is 7up one is a first class another. ....
Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by yudee233: 11:32am On Dec 02, 2016
nickxtra:
Why has God not given to us a President in mood and likeness of Ambode?
The difference is 7up one is a first class another. .... and some are insisting education doesn't matter in a cosmopolitan Nation like Nigeria
Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by TruthNigeria(m): 11:39am On Dec 02, 2016
madcollynzo:

You are always on nairaland 247 screaming afonja everywhere like a battered kid, blaming afonja for the misfortune rocking your life like disco music. Why so much hatred for those that dont even care about your down syndrome problem. I just hope you dont kill yourself soon.

You wicked baba.. Millions like for you...I dey laff since

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by daplus2015(m): 11:48am On Dec 02, 2016
Omoakinsuyi:
Will soon get to number 1

Lasgidi is our own California
Lekki is our Beverly Hills
Idumota our Hollywood studio
Computer Village our Silicon Valley

1 Like

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by Tculest: 11:55am On Dec 02, 2016
FunkyMetahuman:
what about mad men making so much in South South?

Did you know akwa ibom make as much as Lagos if not more?
. Lol! U guys wil nt kill me
Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by Elbowroom: 12:00pm On Dec 02, 2016
Godprotectigbos:
grin grin grin grin

To receive sense, text " sense " to " 23414 "
Available in all networks

Charges : 0naira

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by shizzy7(f): 12:00pm On Dec 02, 2016
PointZerom:

Nothing like hate, go to Lagos State revenue office and see the contribution of Igbos.
Transfer that contribution to your Biafra republic in the SE....... Delusional people.

Today we want Biafra,
Tomorrow, we want presidency.
Next tomorrow, we will die in Lagos it is our collective contribution, a no man's land which will soon be for igbos.

Confused people.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by Elbowroom: 12:01pm On Dec 02, 2016
kenex4ever:
good fire

Give a mad man d money dat lagos generate from taxing nigerians alone and see if he will not outperform ambode

To receive sense, text " sense " to " 23414 "
Available in all networks

Charges : 0naira

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by madcollynzo: 12:12pm On Dec 02, 2016
Pavarottii:

U don't care cos u ignorant; av u asked urself why Nigeria doesn't want to grant biafra? The people u r insulting actually want to leave, and u don't want them to. So who is actually clinging to who?

Well ask ur elders they will tell u more about their importance and it's u that rather doesn't matter.

Who is this drunk kid? Whats my own with your rubbish biafra? Where did i mention biafra in my post, must you come to nairaland when you are high on cheap drugs. Whats the correlation of your rubbish post with mine, you are the one to go ask your elders why they are useless to themseleves and your community. Nonsense

6 Likes

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by sukkottt: 12:34pm On Dec 02, 2016
omo yoruba ni mi ooooo. alaigbo will not like this thread oooooo grin grin grin

SW is the best side

4 Likes

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by prodigyhenry: 12:38pm On Dec 02, 2016
madcollynzo:

Who is this drunk kid? Whats my own with your rubbish biafra? Where did i mention biafra in my post, must you come to nairaland when you are high on cheap drugs. Whats the correlation of your rubbish post with mine, you are the one to go ask your elders why they are useless to themseleves and your community. Nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by Nobody: 12:43pm On Dec 02, 2016
Lagos is not a sovereign state, its part and parcel of Nigeria state, so I regards this as rubbish journalism, the title should have been 'If Lagos was a country, its the fifth Largest economy in Africa'
#myopinion
Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by bakynes(m): 12:51pm On Dec 02, 2016
We cannot excuse the fact that Lagos has always been favoured by first of all the colonial masters and then as the former capital but Lagos is now back in the hands of the indigenous people(Yoruba's).

Igbos paying taxes in Lagos doesn't mean you are the ones who made Lagos. The taxes Multi-national companies, Dangote and foreign investments
outweighs the taxes of igbos by ratio 100:1.

Lagos has actually blessed lots of igbos than igbos have blessed Lagos. Paying your taxes just as you making money from living and doing business in a particular location doesn't equate to you doing that place a favour or developing it.

If the Lagos state civil service is 95% Yoruba's so that means the administration of Lagos is in the hands of Yoruba's.

You still need to credit the Yoruba's for the success Lagos has achieved today because if we didn't decide to make the state flourish and embezzle the funds no one will know Lagos today so kudos to the colonial masters the first administrators of Lagos,kudos to the FGN and Kudos to the Yoruba Administrators.

9 Likes

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by seenter84: 12:52pm On Dec 02, 2016
Lagos my country
Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by Baloskey1986(m): 1:20pm On Dec 02, 2016
Abeg Na Which Country Lagos they ?
Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by Pavarottii(m): 2:32pm On Dec 02, 2016
madcollynzo:

U know a write-up by a kid wen u see one. Focus on ur books for now.
Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by Pavarottii(m): 2:33pm On Dec 02, 2016
madcollynzo:

U know a write-up by a kid wen u see one. Focus on ur books for now..
Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by Nobody: 2:50pm On Dec 02, 2016
nedu2000:
Even in a beauty contest among monkeys there is always a winner. 5th in a backward continent such as Africa is still poor

Lagos isn't a country in Africa, sir.

The same way California recently leap frogged Brazil, France and Italy to become world's 6th largest economy. But I guess the world is a putrefying pile of giant turd, so that feat counts for nothing as some would reason here.
Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by chinanu123(f): 2:58pm On Dec 02, 2016
shizzy7:
Transfer that contribution to your Biafra republic in the SE....... Delusional people.

Today we want Biafra,
Tomorrow, we want presidency.
Next tomorrow, we will die in Lagos it is our collective contribution, a no man's land which will soon be for igbos.

Confused people.

Stop ranting Pls, your elders knows the contributions of Igbos in the economy of Lagos State, just like here in UK, you have so many Yorubas here paying their tax etc. Instead of you to be angry just go where he directed on fact finding mission. Thank you.
Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by sweetgala(m): 3:27pm On Dec 02, 2016
seunmsg:

The lagoon is actually meant for delusional iPods. tongue

Tell them omi ko le gbe omo olokun lo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos State Becomes The 5th Largest Economy In Africa by sweetgala(m): 3:29pm On Dec 02, 2016
Newmanluckyman:
... Nonsense. How will this improve the lots of an average man in Lagos. It should be measured by how many lives that has been impacted and not just mere political pronouncements. The same nonsense that the used to say that "Nigeria is the largest economy in Africa" when people are actually living in abject poverty, penury and less down a dollar a day.

The lot of the average man in Lagos is better than if he were not in Lagos. As they say eko gba ole o gba ole(Lagos accommodates everyone including the lazy thief)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kaycee Madu Cleared Of Wrongdoing, Redeployed To Labour Ministry / Gbajabiamila Unhappy With Cashless Policy Because Of Tinubu Bullion Van - Atiku / Lauretta Onochie Sues Emeka Ugwuoye, Blogger, Over Facebook Post

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.