Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,265 members, 7,836,207 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Fayose Makes BIG U-turn After PDP Exit Comment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Makes BIG U-turn After PDP Exit Comment (1335 Views)

Dino Melaye's Certificate: ABU Zaria Makes U-turn, Keeps Mum On Melaye / Douglas Road Owerri After PDP Cleared The Nasty Dumpsite (Photos / After PDP Rally In Jigawa Indigenes "Disinfect" Dutse (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fayose Makes BIG U-turn After PDP Exit Comment by AloyalNigerian(m): 11:04pm On Dec 01, 2016
Ekiti state governor Fayose says his words were misrepresented by people with ulterior motives because he never said he wanted to leave the PDP

- Fayose says the PDP remains his party and he is confident that the party will return to full power and throw out the APC's change

Ekiti state Governor Ayodele Fayose has denied reports that he plans to dump the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

According to a statement from Fayose which was acquired by NAIJ.com on Thursday, December 1, his words were misunderstood because he remains a PDP member and will not quit the party.

What I said is that if the current man-made crisis rocking the PDP persists till 2018, rather than allow them mess us up like they did in Ondo, we may have to seek an alternative and credible platform. We are not people who betray the confidence of our people. If there will be change at all, it will not be spur-of-the-moment. We shall carry our leaders and the people along”, he added.

In the statement released by his chief press secretary Idowu Adelusi, Fayose lambasted those distorting his statements and peddling the unfounded rumour as mischief-makers and agents of dark and evil forces, which will never have the upper hand in Ekiti.

He described the suggestion that he was getting ready to dump PDP as sheer misrepresentation and deliberate falsehood.

“You don’t just walk out of relationships just like that,” he said, adding that he was being misrepresented for political gains by those who do not wish PDP, Nigeria and Nigerians well.

“Despite its orchestrated leadership problems, PDP remains the stronger party in Nigeria today; by far stronger and more cohesive than any other party in the country. The PDP still remains a solid, nationalistic, and pro-people political party”, he added

Fayose expressed optimism that PDP will come out of its present challenges stronger and better than before.

“Nigerians have a lot of respect for me and my voice. This I cannot trade for a piece of morsel like the biblical Esau”.

“I want to say categorically that the shenanigans of Ondo governorship elections cannot be repeated in Ekiti; they delude themselves if they think they can. I want to assure them that I am not a General without an army.

want to also assure them that even if they bring all the funds in Treasury Single Account (TSA) to Ekiti in 2018, supported by all the machinery the Presidency can muster, they will be treated like the Philistines and Egyptians of the Bible. I am the Biblical Israel that has never and can never be defeated”

“The fact that they rigged PDP out of Ondo state does not mean that they won the hearts of the people. Sooner than later, the joy they procured by dubious means will turn into ashes in their mouths. Their so-called victory is nothing but pyrrhic.”

Recall that Fayose was quoted as saying that he was still studying the political terrain in a hint that he might dump the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for another party during the 2018 governorship poll in Ekiti state.
https://politics.naij.com/1069551-stop-twisting-words-fayose-makes-big-u-turn-pdp-exit-comment.html
Re: Fayose Makes BIG U-turn After PDP Exit Comment by somadinho10: 11:10pm On Dec 01, 2016
If you want to win the election pay fani kayode not to support you grin

1 Like

Re: Fayose Makes BIG U-turn After PDP Exit Comment by temitemi1(m): 11:46pm On Dec 01, 2016
And if you want to destroy a peaceful home pay sheriff and jimoh Ibrahim.
somadinho10:
If you want to win the election pay fani kayode not to support you grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fayose Makes BIG U-turn After PDP Exit Comment by mankan2k7(m): 11:53pm On Dec 01, 2016
osoko
Re: Fayose Makes BIG U-turn After PDP Exit Comment by Omonigeriarere: 12:05am On Dec 02, 2016
Maybe this comment wont be important for the majority of people here. Some of you will ignore it, most of yall wont bother to read and it'll go u along with other comments maybe I'll be criticized for this but i just want to let yall know that today is Thursday
Re: Fayose Makes BIG U-turn After PDP Exit Comment by Segadem(m): 2:33am On Dec 02, 2016
According to a statement from Fayose which was acquired by NAIJ.com on Thursday, December 1, his words were misunderstood because he remains a PDP member and will not quit the party.
was he speaking German or Chinese that the media find it difficult to understand?

2 Likes

Re: Fayose Makes BIG U-turn After PDP Exit Comment by TippyTop(m): 3:34am On Dec 02, 2016
Recall that Fayose was quoted as saying that he was still studying the political terrain in a hint that he might dump the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP)

Studying political landscape was twisted to something else. They forgot in the same interview he said APC was not an option.
Re: Fayose Makes BIG U-turn After PDP Exit Comment by tunderay(m): 6:17am On Dec 02, 2016
Liar. Guess the interview was in Spanish. You can make a U- turn as big as Lekki roundabout, but we know you want to dump PDP for wherever. We will confirm the truth in 2018.
Re: Fayose Makes BIG U-turn After PDP Exit Comment by somadinho10: 7:35am On Dec 02, 2016
temitemi1:
And if you want to destroy a peaceful home pay sheriff and jimoh Ibrahim.
;Dbad guy

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria Set To Win AU Post,Dangote & Amina Mohammed Take Campaign 2 Addis Ababa / Message To Those Who Campaigned For Buhari - Pic / Biafran Supporter Spits Out His Vexations To Saharatv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.