Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,747 members, 7,955,849 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:54 PM

Buhari: No Going Back On Prosecution Of Corrupt People - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari: No Going Back On Prosecution Of Corrupt People (591 Views)

Ajimobi Orders Arrest, Prosecution Of Any Herdsmen Found With A Gun / Benue Leaders To Buhari - No Land For Cattle Colonies In Our State / No Going Back On Ekpeyong, Oke’s Arrest, Says Magu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari: No Going Back On Prosecution Of Corrupt People by agwom(m): 6:11am On Dec 02, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari said before the coming of his administration corruption was turning into culture in the country.

President Buhari said this at the Aso Rock Presidential Villa in Abuja yesterday while receiving the Letter of Credence of the United States Ambassador to Nigeria, Mr. William Stuart Symington.

He said “The corruption we met at personal and institutional levels was unbelievable. Corruption was turning into a culture. After we came in, people started realising the truth.”

The president said his administration remains determined to continue investigations and prosecution of corrupt persons in the country as ‘‘Nigeria will either kill corruption or corruption will kill Nigeria in the long run.’’

He said the target of reversing the culture of corruption in Nigeria had received support from the citizens, with many realising, from the ongoing investigations and prosecutions, the depth of damage done by previous administrations.

Buhari said his administration was committed to realising the key priorities of securing the country, fighting corruption and salvaging the economy in spite of current challenges.

He noted that the security situation in the northeast had improved significantly following support in training of the military and supply of hardware after the G-7 meeting in Germany in 2015.

In his remarks, the U.S envoy said the interest in the well-being of Nigeria was of mutual benefit.

“We do it not only for Nigeria, but for ourselves. We did it because it was right for us and right for our people,’’ he stated.

He pledged to work hard to further strengthen the relationship between the U.S. and Nigeria, assuring that President-elect Donald Trump would also be interested in the well-being of Nigeria.

President Buhari also received Letter of Credence from the Moroccan Ambassador Mr. Moha Ouali Tagma, assuring him of Nigeria’s willingness to improve bilateral relations between both countries.

Read more at http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/general/buhari-no-going-back-on-prosecution-of-corrupt-people/174161.html#jzVO8csro1A1ZZ9C.99

Re: Buhari: No Going Back On Prosecution Of Corrupt People by sarrki(m): 6:12am On Dec 02, 2016
Baba we are solidly behind you

No sacred cow

3 Likes

Re: Buhari: No Going Back On Prosecution Of Corrupt People by okosodo: 6:26am On Dec 02, 2016
Keep deceiving yourself, and the mumus that are clapping for you

1 Like

Re: Buhari: No Going Back On Prosecution Of Corrupt People by littlewonders: 6:28am On Dec 02, 2016
Buhari has made me hate listening and reading anything politics.
Re: Buhari: No Going Back On Prosecution Of Corrupt People by sirfee(m): 6:34am On Dec 02, 2016
The only scape goat in this anti corruption war so far are the oppositions.Buhari should stop playing politricks with us.We want the Saraki case to be re-open,Buhari should extend the war to his party also.We also want full report on the money recovered so far.Zombies there is no need to quote me because I don't do politrick and today is my birthday so there is need for trouble.#Happy Birthday To All December Celebrants

1 Like

Re: Buhari: No Going Back On Prosecution Of Corrupt People by Izonpikin: 6:36am On Dec 02, 2016
Who ever said you should back

We said kill corruption irrespective of party and fix the economy..

To buhari rigging elections isn't corruption..

Nonsense..
Re: Buhari: No Going Back On Prosecution Of Corrupt People by DLondonboiy: 6:38am On Dec 02, 2016
is Buhari okay?
Re: Buhari: No Going Back On Prosecution Of Corrupt People by austinesteve(m): 6:42am On Dec 02, 2016
L
Re: Buhari: No Going Back On Prosecution Of Corrupt People by ReabridCharles(m): 6:42am On Dec 02, 2016
I don't think this man understands the nature and magnitude of our problem. Things have never being this hard in this country. Never!!!

We all like the anti-graft war but is that all you can offer? Buhari doesn't have plans to end recession. He is on a mission I don't understand yet
Re: Buhari: No Going Back On Prosecution Of Corrupt People by Edwinmason(m): 6:49am On Dec 02, 2016
i never knew there was something like that
Re: Buhari: No Going Back On Prosecution Of Corrupt People by nan4jos: 6:51am On Dec 02, 2016
Kill only one na bubu
Re: Buhari: No Going Back On Prosecution Of Corrupt People by softMarket(m): 6:57am On Dec 02, 2016
Re: Buhari: No Going Back On Prosecution Of Corrupt People by gerald09(m): 6:57am On Dec 02, 2016
Very soon "the prosecution of corrupt people" will be a Nusary rhyme, if u count how many times em Don use d phrase it's enough to Trademark it for him. If talk dey work guys no go need moni to pursue woman. But I no holy pass make so we dey look
Re: Buhari: No Going Back On Prosecution Of Corrupt People by Stalwert: 6:57am On Dec 02, 2016
ReabridCharles:
I don't think this man understands the nature and magnitude of our problem. Things have never being this hard in this country. Never!!!
We all like the anti-graft war but is that all you can offer? Buhari doesn't have plans to end recession. He is on a mission I don't understand yet

Because of the absolute reign of corruption under GEJ

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari: No Going Back On Prosecution Of Corrupt People by blackpanda: 7:00am On Dec 02, 2016
sirfee:
The only scape goat in this anti corruption war so far are the oppositions.Buhari should stop playing politricks with us.We want the Saraki case to be re-open,Buhari should extend the war to his party also.We also want full report on the money recovered so far.Zombies there is no need to quote me because I don't do politrick and today is my birthday so there is need for trouble.#Happy Birthday To All December Celebrants

Lol.
Re: Buhari: No Going Back On Prosecution Of Corrupt People by mysteriousman(m): 7:00am On Dec 02, 2016
Hmm... Nigerians are getting more disconnected with this government, the government is simply not carrying Nigerians along with their policies, we don't get briefed on what they intend to achieve by doing this or that, that is how issues, protest and unrest starts. Let the war against corruption be open and straightforward, let's see the direction with that, invest recovered funds in the economy to get us out of this economic quagmire
Re: Buhari: No Going Back On Prosecution Of Corrupt People by Boleyndynasty2(f): 7:04am On Dec 02, 2016
See Corruption talking about fighting corruption... The day you show your certificate or admit you have non that's the day I'll know that you're really ready to fight anything. I didn't even talk about the fact that you're surrounded by crooks
Re: Buhari: No Going Back On Prosecution Of Corrupt People by softMarket(m): 7:05am On Dec 02, 2016
But bubu should extend his corruption fight to ppls like....... (if u re thinking abt the slayer of PDP in PH,,,,u re O,Y.O!! grin grin )

but there's a stantard Buhari have set.......,
* Prob all past adminstration!
* Arrest their key members
* Change the way things works etc

imagine if PDP comes back to power grin grin probing continues!!
Re: Buhari: No Going Back On Prosecution Of Corrupt People by sirfee(m): 7:53am On Dec 02, 2016
blackpanda:

Lol.
grin
blackpanda:

Lol.

(1) (Reply)

TSA Has Helped Curb Corruption In Nigeria, Says John Obaro (MD, Systemspecs) / Dele Momodu: The Political Similarities Between Nigeria And Ghana [MUST READ] / Frozen Account: Drama As Fayose Storms Bank, Withdraws N5m‎

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.