Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,876 members, 7,817,584 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers - Car Talk (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers (84641 Views)

11 Mistakes Most Nigerian Car Owners Make / Highlander For Volvo XC 90 / Urgent HELP Needed: Transmission Issues For Volvo S80 2.9L (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by oladimejiX: 8:43pm On Feb 07, 2017
Well... It's true as you have stated valarinz but the question is does Volvo really do overheating quickly? And how well could one guide against it.

My mechanic did make it clear Volvo Is a strong car he only stated the overheating thing as a weakness in Volvo like Ball joint issue is a weakness in Honda.

Another thing please add me to the Whatsapp group 08065380987 perhaps I could join the league of Volvo owners soon and I'll need to be hooked up with a Volvo mechanic in my area.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by valarinz: 10:17pm On Feb 07, 2017
oladimejiX:
Well... It's true as you have stated valarinz but the question is does Volvo really do overheating quickly? And how well could one guide against it.

My mechanic did make it clear Volvo Is a strong car he only stated the overheating thing as a weakness in Volvo like Ball joint issue is a weakness in Honda.

Another thing please add me to the Whatsapp group 08065380987 perhaps I could join the league of Volvo owners soon and I'll need to be hooked up with a Volvo mechanic in my area.

Thanks.

My brother, that man telling you that has probably never used a Volvo before, any car will overheat so long as something that needs to be in place has gone wrong, be it Volvo or any other brand.

It sounds strange for someone to insinuate that Volvo engines just overheat cos they're in the mood to overheat, even when all components are in place and working perfectly

You've been added to the group. Tnx

4 Likes

Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by monakii: 10:20am On Feb 11, 2017
Hello house, am a volvo enthusiast wana-be. If for nothing, volvo interiors are just too good for me. Never own a car but craving for a volvo brand. I need a comprehensive tutorial on which volvo cars are good for starters like me. Also I will appreciate ads of volvo up for sale. 07059376063 whatsapp
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by chnovpaul(m): 11:10pm On Feb 17, 2017
valarinz:

Done

I have this issue that has been bothering me and which I need help with.

I have this 2000 Volvo S80 that has been doing well for years till recently. The issue is with the transmission. It starts normally, engages drive normally, and shifts to Gear 1, 2, 3 and 4 without any hitch.

However, the problem is when I have to stop or slow down after reaching Gear 4, it won't shift back to Gear 1 automatically. At that point, moving the car becomes a drag as it has to force itself to move (I guess from Gear 2 or 3) before it starts moving well again.

I have scanned it, and the only codes I get are P0751 and a P1618. The P0751 points at a stuck shift solenoid. I wonder if it is possible to change the solenoid or something. I just need some counsel on what to do.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by valarinz: 8:54am On Feb 18, 2017
chnovpaul:

I have this issue that has been bothering me and which I need help with.

I have this 2000 Volvo S80 that has been doing well for years till recently. The issue is with the transmission. It starts normally, engages drive normally, and shifts to Gear 1, 2, 3 and 4 without any hitch.

However, the problem is when I have to stop or slow down after reaching Gear 4, it won't shift back to Gear 1 automatically. At that point, moving the car becomes a drag as it has to force itself to move (I guess from Gear 2 or 3) before it starts moving well again.

I have scanned it, and the only codes I get are P0751 and a P1618. The P0751 points at a stuck shift solenoid. I wonder if it is possible to change the solenoid or something. I just need some counsel on what to do.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Are you based in lagos? Chat me up on whatsapp pls
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by sexuential: 2:43am On Feb 19, 2017
oladimejiX:
I am considering buying a Volvo V40 which i saw recently, though The mechanic I used for my Honda which I just is advising me against Volvo, that it overheats quickly.

Please I need advise, the Volvo v40 really Looks clean and I wont mind changing to another brand

It isn't true. It doesn't over heat.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by kaymaxtrol: 10:55pm On Feb 20, 2017
searchng4love:

are you not busy? stop patrolling WhatsApp groups up and down.... kilode get a job and be busy jere

How is dat ur business pls
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by kingsley1971: 10:58am On Feb 21, 2017
add me I own a s60 and very smooth and fast ride, recently am experiencing a hard start, I have to start, you know, turn the key like 3 steady times before it picks, I changed gear box recently after then this hard start started, my mech said its either the crank censor or cold start plug,,too many stories I know, all in the bid to squizzz cash out of my pocket. any advice 08057578729 watapp pls.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by kingsley1971: 11:12am On Feb 21, 2017
I had to buy an obd11 scanner so I could always check first before embarking on a journey to the workshop to avoid being tricked, so I have also kept one coverall in my boot, with recession in one corner I think more care should be taken to avoid unplanned cost.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by valarinz: 11:29am On Feb 21, 2017
kingsley1971:
add me I own a s60 and very smooth and fast ride, recently am experiencing a hard start, I have to start, you know, turn the key like 3 steady times before it picks, I changed gear box recently after then this hard start started, my mech said its either the crank censor or cold start plug,,too many stories I know, all in the bid to squizzz cash out of my pocket. any advice 08057578729 watapp pls.

If they changed gearbox recently the it's most probably that cup sensor, cos it's close to the gearbox, probably they messed with it, it'd an inexpensive fix by the way

I'll add you to the group
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by olutsen: 9:25am On Feb 22, 2017
Please kindly add me: 08098338439. Am preparing to buy my first car and am crossed inbetween v70 crosscountry and s80. However since am hearing u guys praising s60 and u saying u don't deal in s80, am not sure again. Is s60 better than both?

Thanks.
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by olutsen: 9:58am On Feb 22, 2017
olutsen:
Please kindly add me: 08098338439. Am preparing to buy my first car and am crossed inbetween v70 crosscountry and s80. However since am hearing u guys praising s60 and u saying u don't deal in s80, am not sure again. Is s60 better than both?

Thanks.

By the way, what is your take on xc90?
Do u have an idea how much I can get an infotainment system with sat nav for Volvo cars?
Planning to install one for any model I settle for.
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by Nobody: 11:54am On Feb 22, 2017
Pls add to the group.

I've got an s60 that goes off when I slow down. I've changed the airflow but the problem still persist. Some recommended changing the throttle mouth abi meter
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by valarinz: 9:15am On Feb 23, 2017
olutsen:

By the way, what is your take on xc90?
Do u have an idea how much I can get an infotainment system with sat nav for Volvo cars?
Planning to install one for any model I settle for.

Hello, you've been added to the group,
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by valarinz: 9:15am On Feb 23, 2017
fredoricko:
Pls add to the group.

I've got an s60 that goes off when I slow down. I've changed the airflow but the problem still persist. Some recommended changing the throttle mouth abi meter

Pls drop your number or you can message me privately on 08032897486, thanks
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by Core8ride(m): 9:00am On Feb 25, 2017
Hello house, am about to pick a Volvo V50 2005/6 model and I want to know if it's easy to maintain and also issues associated with this model. 08036928396.
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by valarinz: 7:29pm On Feb 25, 2017
Core8ride:
Hello house, am about to pick a Volvo V50 2005/6 model and I want to know if it's easy to maintain and also issues associated with this model. 08036928396.

That's basically an S40 05/06 wagon, not bad
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by searchng4love: 9:48am On Feb 26, 2017
kaymaxtrol:

Come and see me. To ask that question again....

1 Like

Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by searchng4love: 9:50am On Feb 26, 2017
Core8ride:
Do not buy a Volvo.... I repeat do not buy a Volvo
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by searchng4love: 9:57am On Feb 26, 2017
kaymaxtrol:

If you are not careful.... You are gonna be added to a kidnapping forum....If you are not one already

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by valarinz: 3:04pm On Feb 26, 2017
searchng4love:

If you are not careful.... You are gonna be added to a kidnapping forum....If you are not one already

I know you're quite jobless hence you spend almost all your day on nairaland looking to pick up online fights here and there, pls take your frustration elsewhere and stay the hell outta my thread

The topic of my thread says it clearly "for volvo owners/lovers", if you're a volvo hater then pls by all means, create your own thread and spit all the shit you can, respect your old age and keep your negativity out of here

Tnx

1 Like

Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by searchng4love: 4:03pm On Feb 26, 2017
valarinz:

I know you're quite jobless hence you spend almost all your day on nairaland looking to pick up online fights here and there, pls take your frustration elsewhere and stay the hell outta my thread

The topic of my thread says it clearly "for volvo owners/lovers", if you're a volvo hater then pls by all means, create your own thread and spit all the shit you can, respect your old age and keep your negativity out of here

Tnx

Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by marigibs: 9:34am On Mar 26, 2017
Please add ...

please just reply with "done" if you add, and don't quote me in the reply.
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by valarinz: 11:28am On Mar 27, 2017
Done
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by simplywhy(m): 1:50pm On Mar 27, 2017
Please add 07032512004. Thanks
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by valarinz: 2:52pm On Mar 27, 2017
simplywhy:
Please add 07032512004. Thanks

Done
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by inspbado(m): 12:16pm On Apr 16, 2017
Hi, please kindly add my number 08185727426 to the WhatsApp group. And please can anyone recommend a good Volvo mechanic within isheri olowora/ojodu-Berger axis; I'm in desperate need of one, my Volvo s60 is giving me serious headaches and I need a mech to help me fix it. Thanks for your help guys.
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by Kruzz(m): 12:21am On Apr 17, 2017
add me 08138878868
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by kendy22(m): 11:46am On Apr 17, 2017
Please add me 07063842999
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by VGirls: 3:59pm On Apr 17, 2017
Please add 09091582533
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by VGirls: 4:02pm On Apr 17, 2017
Please give reasons dont just say don't buy.....
searchng4love:

Do not buy a Volvo.... I repeat do not buy a Volvo
Re: Thread For Volvo Car Owners/lovers by mili3kid(m): 4:32pm On Apr 17, 2017
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Funny Number Plate Seen On A Highway In Afghanistan (Photo) / Best Cars For First Timers With Budget Of Less Than 1m / LASG Unveils Buses That Will Replace Danfo Buses - AjayiWrites.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.