Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,213 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

Urgent Help Needed! I Can't Kick-start My Mazda Millenia! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Urgent Help Needed! I Can't Kick-start My Mazda Millenia! (868 Views)

My Mazda Premacy Smoking Heavily When Is Cold. / Please Help, My Mazda 323F Astina Cranks But Wont Start. / How Reliable Is 2001 Mazda Millenia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Help Needed! I Can't Kick-start My Mazda Millenia! by castro(m): 8:06am On Dec 02, 2016
Hello guys, I have been reading some of the posts on this section and I believe I should be able to get a solution for my vehicle. I parked the car for more than a year when I went for a post graduate and ever since I returned I have tried to kick-start the vehicle. Initially it woul start but after a few minutes, it would rev but and then go off. Now it doesn't kick-start at all. One mechanic told me its ignition problem while another said its the nozzles. Pls who can tell me what the problem is?
Re: Urgent Help Needed! I Can't Kick-start My Mazda Millenia! by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:28am On Dec 02, 2016
castro:
Hello guys, I have been reading some of the posts on this section and I believe I should be able to get a solution for my vehicle. I parked the car for more than a year when I went for a post graduate and ever since I returned I have tried to kick-start the vehicle. Initially it woul start but after a few minutes, it would rev but and then go off. Now it doesn't kick-start at all. One mechanic told me its ignition problem while another said its the nozzles. Pls who can tell me what the problem is?

it is the spare tyre cheesy

Vehicle Diagnosis does not work like that.

For your engine to run you need.

A crank (from starter motor)
Compression
Fuel supply
Air supply
A spark
All done in the right sequence

So which of these is missing sir?.
Re: Urgent Help Needed! I Can't Kick-start My Mazda Millenia! by DECOtech(m): 11:05am On Dec 02, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

it is the spare tyre cheesy

Lolz!

castro:

Oga, pls whats your location?
Re: Urgent Help Needed! I Can't Kick-start My Mazda Millenia! by castro(m): 8:30am On Dec 03, 2016
I live in abeokuta.
Re: Urgent Help Needed! I Can't Kick-start My Mazda Millenia! by nurey(m): 8:26am On Dec 04, 2016
you parked a car for a year+ shocked didnt do any prenup angry, you just want the poor thing to start like that sad. no it doesnt work that way wink
Re: Urgent Help Needed! I Can't Kick-start My Mazda Millenia! by AutoElectNG: 5:31pm On Dec 04, 2016
castro:

Which battery are you using to start this vehicle? The one stored for more than a year or a brand new one?

If it is the one stored for over a year, can you get it load tested? I did not say voltage testing, I said load tested.

If you cannot find a place to do load test of the old battery, then I suggest you replace the battery with new and if it still does not start, then we can go neck deep into proper starting system troubleshooting.

Is your charging system in order?

Get a competent electrician to go through the entire system.

Ensure that the charging system is ok, so we can concentrate on confirming if you have a starting system problem or something else?
Re: Urgent Help Needed! I Can't Kick-start My Mazda Millenia! by castro(m): 5:41am On Dec 05, 2016
AutoElectNG:

Which battery are you using to start this vehicle? The one stored for more than a year or a brand new one?

If it is the one stored for over a year, can you get it load tested? I did not say voltage testing, I said load tested.

If you cannot find a place to do load test of the old battery, then I suggest you replace the battery with new and if it still does not start, then we can go neck deep into proper starting system troubleshooting.

Is your charging system in order?

Get a competent electrician to go through the entire system.

Ensure that the charging system is ok, so we can concentrate on confirming if you have a starting system problem or something else?

Thanks. I will definitely look into that.

(1) (Reply)

Registered 2008 TOYOTA AVALON For Sale / Police Recover Stolen Vehicle With The Help Of Concept Nova's Tracking Solution / Dash Board Warning

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.