Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,098 members, 7,821,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Please Help, My Mazda 323F Astina Cranks But Wont Start. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Help, My Mazda 323F Astina Cranks But Wont Start. (3574 Views)

My corolla 2003 cranks when A/C is engaged at low speed / Help!!! Engine Cranks But Dies Of Immediately. / Car Cranks But Not Start (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help, My Mazda 323F Astina Cranks But Wont Start. by alextayo(m): 5:19pm On Jun 13, 2017
Good day Gurus in the house,

I have been unable to start my car for almost two weeks now. The car cranks but wont start. All the lights in the dashboard are showing, the injector noozles have been serviced, the distributor (Ignition) has been changed and confirmed okay, the BRAINBOX has also been confirmed okay, the security has been disable as well yet it only cranks without starting, the fuel pump was removed and tested okay but will not work when fixed back to the engine and the spark plugs does not spark.

I will appreciate any assistance please.

Re: Please Help, My Mazda 323F Astina Cranks But Wont Start. by cyborg123(m): 5:45pm On Jun 13, 2017
Have you checked appropriate fuses and relays?
Re: Please Help, My Mazda 323F Astina Cranks But Wont Start. by princetom1(m): 5:50pm On Jun 13, 2017
alextayo:

I have been unable to start my car for almost two weeks now. The car cranks but wont start. All the lights in the dashboard are showing, the injector noozles have been serviced, the distributor (Ignition) has been changed and confirmed okay, the BRAINBOX has also been confirmed okay, the security has been disable as well yet it only cranks without starting, the fuel pump was removed and tested okay but will not work when fixed back to the engine and the spark plugs does not spark.

Am using my glass now to figure this out, who took the glass, is it you sir GAZZUZZ or honmusa? Cardoctor might have d answer
Re: Please Help, My Mazda 323F Astina Cranks But Wont Start. by alextayo(m): 5:55pm On Jun 13, 2017
cyborg123:
Have you checked appropriate fuses and relays?

I have checked all the fuses and they are good to go Sir.

It actually stopped while in reversing and I have not been able to start it since then.
Re: Please Help, My Mazda 323F Astina Cranks But Wont Start. by cyborg123(m): 6:32pm On Jun 13, 2017
alextayo:

I have checked all the fuses and they are good to go Sir.

It actually stopped while in reversing and I have not been able to start it since then.
What of relays?
It is highly likely that the brainbox is not receiving power or your crank shaft sensor is faulty.

Start by testing the relays, then proceed to crank shaft sensor.
Re: Please Help, My Mazda 323F Astina Cranks But Wont Start. by alextayo(m): 6:44pm On Jun 13, 2017
cyborg123:

What of relays?
It is highly likely that the brainbox is not receiving power or your crank shaft sensor is faulty.

Start by testing the relays, then proceed to crank shaft sensor.

Okay Sir, will try that tomorrow. Its late now. I will give you feedback tomorrow Sir.

1 Like

Re: Please Help, My Mazda 323F Astina Cranks But Wont Start. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:48pm On Jun 13, 2017
For an engine to run you need the following.

1. A spark
2. Fuel supply
3. Compression
4. All in the right sequence (timing)
5. Air supply (both directions intake and exhaust.)

Use this as a check list and get back to us.

What is missing in your case?

1 Like

Re: Please Help, My Mazda 323F Astina Cranks But Wont Start. by smellingmenses: 11:58pm On Jun 13, 2017
princetom1:

You must be new here, it's that same kazeem mechanic no fit solve op problem before he comes here for more enlightenment. Are u gonna contribute here or....
Talk
Re: Please Help, My Mazda 323F Astina Cranks But Wont Start. by honmusa(m): 5:45am On Jun 14, 2017
If there is no spark from the plug that clearly indicate that there is issue with the ignition circuit.This is a clear electrical issue.Get a professional electrician that has the wiring diagram of your ignition system to troubleshoot right from the ECU to the ignition coil.
Re: Please Help, My Mazda 323F Astina Cranks But Wont Start. by smellingmenses: 6:25am On Jun 14, 2017
honmusa:
If there is no spark from the plug that clearly indicate that there is issue with the ignition circuit.This is a clear electrical issue.Get a professional electrician that has the wiring diagram of your ignition system to troubleshoot right from the ECU to the ignition coil.

Good one. This is what we have been saying.
Re: Please Help, My Mazda 323F Astina Cranks But Wont Start. by alextayo(m): 11:15am On Jun 14, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
For an engine to run you need the following.

1. A spark
2. Fuel supply
3. Compression
4. All in the right sequence (timing)
5. Air supply (both directions intake and exhaust.)

Use this as a check list and get back to us.

What is missing in your case?

Thank you Sir, only the first two are missing. No spark, no fuel supply.
Re: Please Help, My Mazda 323F Astina Cranks But Wont Start. by alextayo(m): 11:16am On Jun 14, 2017
honmusa:

Thank you Sir. After all the trouble shooting, the Mechanic also concluded that it is an electrical issue. An electrician will check it this morning.
Re: Please Help, My Mazda 323F Astina Cranks But Wont Start. by AutoElectNG: 12:39pm On Jun 14, 2017
alextayo:

1. Is the ECU in the vehicle the one that came with it or it is a replacement?

2. If it is a replacement, does it have the exact same part number or an upgraded part no?

3. Does this vehicle have an immobilizer?

4. If it has an immobilizer, was it programmed so as to allow a three way handshake between the ignition switch, the brainbox and the immobilizer? Or have you tried to do a bypass.

5. Can you explain the bolded?

6. Where are you located?

7. Can you scan and post codes? If you decide to , please do not use a cheap scanner. I have a personal experience fixing this issue, with a basic scan tool no codes, with a factory scan tool or professional aftermarket scan tool, there were codes that referred to a mismatch between the codes the ECU saw and the codes it expected from the key and the immobilizer unit. I am using ordinary language not the appropriate technical language.

There exists a strong possibility that immobilizer can cut injector pulses so the car never starts even though everything else is in order, except the three way handshake goes the way it was designed to go from the factory.

1 Like

Re: Please Help, My Mazda 323F Astina Cranks But Wont Start. by alextayo(m): 7:38am On Jun 15, 2017
AutoElectNG:

2. If it is a replacement, does it have the exact same part number or an upgraded part no?

4. If it has an immobilizer, was it programmed so as to allow a three way handshake between the ignition switch, the brainbox and the immobilizer? Or have you tried to do a bypass.

7. Can you scan and post codes? If you decide to , please do not use a cheap scanner. I have a personal experience fixing this issue, with a basic scan tool no codes, with a factory scan tool or professional aftermarket scan tool, there were codes that referred to a mismatch between the codes the ECU saw and the codes it expected from the key and the immobilizer unit. I am using ordinary language not the appropriate technical language.

There exists a strong possibility that immobilizer can cut injector pulses so the car never starts even though everything else is in order, except the three way handshake goes the way it was designed to go from the factory.

Thank you Sir.

The ECU is the one that came with it from the factory.

It has an immobilizer and a bypass has been attempted without positive result (The immobilizer was removed for the bypass).

An electrician has been contacted from Ladipo for the scan because Mazda OBD1 scanner is scarce within Lagos Island.
Re: Please Help, My Mazda 323F Astina Cranks But Wont Start. by cyborg123(m): 5:56pm On Jun 19, 2017
Progress report?
Re: Please Help, My Mazda 323F Astina Cranks But Wont Start. by princetom1(m): 6:14pm On Jun 19, 2017
alextayo:

Thank you Sir.

The ECU is the one that came with it from the factory.

It has an immobilizer and a bypass has been attempted without positive result (The immobilizer was removed for the bypass).

An electrician has been contacted from Ladipo for the scan because Mazda OBD1 scanner is scarce within Lagos Island.

Stoll following o
Re: Please Help, My Mazda 323F Astina Cranks But Wont Start. by rhodahe(m): 10:54pm On Aug 26, 2018
AutoElectNG:

Kindly help me on dis similar issues, if it's parked o battery head removed. my electrician touches only God knows wat, but had to go for scan got dis codes P0700 and P1718 on Subaru Forester 2006
Re: Please Help, My Mazda 323F Astina Cranks But Wont Start. by AutoElectNG: 5:59am On Aug 27, 2018
rhodahe:

Kindly help me on dis similar issues, if it's parked o battery head removed. my electrician touches only God knows wat, but had to go for scan got dis codes P0700 and P1718 on Subaru Forester 2006

Please give me a full background.

Ideally create a new thread

(1) (Reply)

HELP!!! Noise From Alternator Area Of 2007 Camry / My Honda Accord 2003 (EOD) Engine Oil Problem / Solution To Honda Babyboy Gear Problem.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.