Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,167 members, 7,811,384 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:42 AM

What's Your Experience With The '06 - '08 Golf 5, Passat Or Jetta? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What's Your Experience With The '06 - '08 Golf 5, Passat Or Jetta? (1971 Views)

Is Volkswagen Passat Or Honda Accord Good For UBER And BOLT / Golf 5 Volswagen Parts Price Advice / 2019 Volkswagen Jetta Revealed (photos And Details) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's Your Experience With The '06 - '08 Golf 5, Passat Or Jetta? by deathwing(m): 11:06am On Dec 02, 2016
I'm currently considering A 2007 Passat, Jetta or Golf 5. But unfortunately, I don't have first-hand info on the respective fuel economies and maintenance cost. I think they are well designed cars (except for the Jetta. That stuff makes me frown sad ) so I'm tryna settle on one before the end of the year.

Any experience or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Re: What's Your Experience With The '06 - '08 Golf 5, Passat Or Jetta? by deathwing(m): 8:56pm On Dec 02, 2016
Thoughts?
Re: What's Your Experience With The '06 - '08 Golf 5, Passat Or Jetta? by adeleks: 12:06am On Dec 04, 2016
I use 06 jetta 2.5. car is a beast mehn. Only problem is lack of competent mechanic. If you are I'm lag please buy the jetta or golf #myselfishopinion
Re: What's Your Experience With The '06 - '08 Golf 5, Passat Or Jetta? by nurey(m): 8:08am On Dec 04, 2016
i would advice first dont go close to a Nigerian used one except you have a GOOD, TRUSTWORTHY, GOD FEARING mechanic to give and carry out a professional checkup on the said car.

follow here for mpg rating http://mpgguide.net/

but if you like a car, even if an M16 was placed on your head not to pick the car, you will still pick it. follow your heart, its more important than anybodys opinion

1 Like

Re: What's Your Experience With The '06 - '08 Golf 5, Passat Or Jetta? by deathwing(m): 12:50pm On Dec 05, 2016
adeleks:
I use 06 jetta 2.5. car is a beast mehn. Only problem is lack of competent mechanic. If you are I'm lag please buy the jetta or golf #myselfishopinion

Ever driven a golf 5?
Re: What's Your Experience With The '06 - '08 Golf 5, Passat Or Jetta? by deathwing(m): 12:54pm On Dec 05, 2016
Yh, I'll have whatever car i want to buy scanned by a professional. My grouse is with the choice of car. My eyes is on the Passat and Golf 5. I think they're quite elegant cars (Though i rarely see the Golf 5 around, I wonder why). I'll prolly go mto a dealer and take them for a test drive. Just wanted to know others' experience with them. Anyone of them is fine by me. I don't go out much, so my car almost always has just me inside. I don't even drive to work everyday becaue my office is now very close and it's cheaper to go by bus, but I'll have a great deal on whichever of the cars i choose, hence my asking for imput especially as regards fuel economy.

Thanks

nurey:
i would advice first dont go close to a Nigerian used one except you have a GOOD, TRUSTWORTHY, GOD FEARING mechanic to give and carry out a professional checkup on the said car.

follow here for mpg rating http://mpgguide.net/

but if you like a car, even if an M16 was placed on your head not to pick the car, you will still pick it. follow your heart, its more important than anybodys opinion
Re: What's Your Experience With The '06 - '08 Golf 5, Passat Or Jetta? by nurey(m): 4:38pm On Dec 05, 2016
deathwing:
Yh, I'll have whatever car i want to buy scanned by a professional. My grouse is with the choice of car. My eyes is on the Passat and Golf 5. I think they're quite elegant cars (Though i rarely see the Golf 5 around, I wonder why). I'll prolly go mto a dealer and take them for a test drive. Just wanted to know others' experience with them. Anyone of them is fine by me. I don't go out much, so my car almost always has just me inside. I don't even drive to work everyday becaue my office is now very close and it's cheaper to go by bus, but I'll have a great deal on whichever of the cars i choose, hence my asking for imput especially as regards fuel economy.

Thanks

I have posted a link to fuel economy for all the cars and others. The golf 5 isn't common because

1. The price is a staggering 2m +, I think I would prefer to buy a sedan than a miniature racer.

2. VW products are complex. I have seen what Kazeem do to their TSI AND FSI engines. Once it's touched there is no going back

3. Golf 5 is targeted at youths, majorly high school students. How many of them earn legally enough to afford it? And those who can would rather buy Camry or avalon
Re: What's Your Experience With The '06 - '08 Golf 5, Passat Or Jetta? by adeleks: 8:26pm On Dec 05, 2016
deathwing:

Ever driven a golf 5?
Same engine with jetta, different body

(1) (Reply)

Problem With Transmission / Anyone Using GAC Motors? / How To Check Car Number Plate Owner In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.