Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,781 members, 7,955,987 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:39 PM

Need To Lose Weight, Come Give Keto Diet A Shot! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Need To Lose Weight, Come Give Keto Diet A Shot! (6185 Views)

Diet - A Pregnant Woman Must Follow? | Health Total Clinic Matunga Mumbai / What Is The DASH Diet? A Beginner’s Guide / Poor Diet A Factor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need To Lose Weight, Come Give Keto Diet A Shot! by chiclasweet: 1:07pm On Dec 02, 2016
A keto diet is well known for being a low carb diet, where the body produces ketones in the liver to be used as energy. It's referred to as many different names – ketogenic diet, low carb diet, low carb high fat (LCHF), etc. When you eat something high in carbs, your body will produce glucose and insulin.
I am doing this and have been able to lose 10kg of weight in 2 short months.
looking for a sustainable and workable weightloss plan, come in here lets roll and get a banging , sexy body in 2017!
Re: Need To Lose Weight, Come Give Keto Diet A Shot! by Midasnaturals: 6:27pm On Dec 02, 2016
The only problem with this is that if you don't keep eating like this for the rest of your life, you will gain all the weight back.
Re: Need To Lose Weight, Come Give Keto Diet A Shot! by chiclasweet: 7:58pm On Dec 02, 2016

Re: Need To Lose Weight, Come Give Keto Diet A Shot! by Gewezzy1(f): 8:35pm On Dec 02, 2016
Midasnaturals:
The only problem with this is that if you don't keep eating like this for the rest of your life, you will gain all the weight back.
lol so I have to eat that way forever, I thought there was a maintenance level
Re: Need To Lose Weight, Come Give Keto Diet A Shot! by Midasnaturals: 10:36pm On Dec 02, 2016
There is a maintenance level but it involves eating carbs of course. As long as you're able to control the amount of carbs you eat once you stop eating a ketogenic diet, you'll be fine. Also bear in mind that once you start eating carbs again, you will gain some weight back, but that weight will be mainly water.
Gewezzy1:
lol so I have to eat that way forever, I thought there was a maintenance level
Re: Need To Lose Weight, Come Give Keto Diet A Shot! by Midasnaturals: 10:37pm On Dec 02, 2016
Also ditching all carbs is a bad idea. Ditch bad carbs but not good carbs.
Re: Need To Lose Weight, Come Give Keto Diet A Shot! by chiclasweet: 12:12pm On Dec 03, 2016
Midasnaturals:
There is a maintenance level but it involves eating carbs of course. As long as you're able to control the amount of carbs you eat once you stop eating a ketogenic diet, you'll be fine.

you are so right. there is need to control carbs intake when once desirable weight is achieved. its the carbs that brought the weight in the first place, so good carbs will need to be incorporated

1 Like

Re: Need To Lose Weight, Come Give Keto Diet A Shot! by chiclasweet: 12:17pm On Dec 03, 2016
I have been able to lose 10kg in 2 months with this keto diet, without starving and deriving amazing health benefits like improved wellness, my blood pressure was 117/78 this am, improved sleeping habit, better menstrual flow, clear and improved skin to mention a few.
This just makes me feel bad for the 7 years i have struggled with my weight , starved and consumed all sorts of tea and coffee.
This lifestlye is surely i will advise anyone to give a shot to attain optimal health, there is no harm in trying.
Feel free to ask any questions , will be glad to help
Re: Need To Lose Weight, Come Give Keto Diet A Shot! by deneku: 4:58pm On Dec 03, 2016
Please can you write out the keto menu for a week or month. I want to lose 5kg this month.
Re: Need To Lose Weight, Come Give Keto Diet A Shot! by Baroba(m): 4:24am On Dec 04, 2016
deneku:
Please can you write out the keto menu for a week or month. I want to lose 5kg this month.

Join Keto world group on Facebook, thank me later..
Re: Need To Lose Weight, Come Give Keto Diet A Shot! by Gewezzy1(f): 12:31pm On Dec 04, 2016
Just that some of the foods can be expensive a bit
Re: Need To Lose Weight, Come Give Keto Diet A Shot! by bukiboy(m): 2:05am On Dec 09, 2016
the only thing i want to reduce is big belle my one round pack thigh and big backside
Re: Need To Lose Weight, Come Give Keto Diet A Shot! by Anyworkpalace: 9:37pm On Dec 11, 2016
Used Treadmill for sale, still in very good condition. Call 08137410763 to make an enquiry .

Re: Need To Lose Weight, Come Give Keto Diet A Shot! by mamaboms: 11:07am On Dec 14, 2016
I started my keto journey yesterday. It's been good so far.
Re: Need To Lose Weight, Come Give Keto Diet A Shot! by Nobody: 5:56pm On Dec 14, 2016
Honestly, I tried Keto diet and I failed drastically. After two weeks I ended up craving and binging on carbs afterwards. My HIT workout also began to suffer.I am not sure I would try it again because eating everything in moderation and working out has been working for me. I am not exactly tying to lose weight but I want to lower my bf%.

1 Like

Re: Need To Lose Weight, Come Give Keto Diet A Shot! by cynthiacynga: 10:57pm On Jun 17, 2017
I started keto diet today, its so expensive. Plus I av cholesterol ish. Do I stil av to tak al em fats and red meats, can I just stick wit fish n do d low carb tin stil?. Thank you. I really want to loose weight.
Re: Need To Lose Weight, Come Give Keto Diet A Shot! by ifywitty(f): 10:51am On Nov 22, 2017
I ve been trying to cut down fat for the past 4years, but I keep adding w everyday, pls how do I cut down fat?
Re: Need To Lose Weight, Come Give Keto Diet A Shot! by MaxHeat: 8:35pm On Dec 28, 2021
Ive had good luck with keto myself (40 pounds lost since may this year). I read about keto from this danish dude who runs this website . He was interviewed about all the myths about health and weightloss. Gave me the confidense to try keto and it has helped me alot. Once and a while i take a break from it because i really love my bread hehe grin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Top 5 Health Benefits Of Palm Wine You Must Know / COVID-19 Update For November 26 2020 In Nigeria / Please, I Need Help On Virginal Discharge Of My Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.