Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,314 members, 7,954,264 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:41 PM

Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Receives The 2016 Global Fairness Award - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Receives The 2016 Global Fairness Award (498 Views)

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Appointed By Standard Chartered As Director, To Earn £130k / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Bags Global Fairness Award / Throwback Photos Of Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Receives The 2016 Global Fairness Award by NOIConnect(f): 2:30pm On Dec 02, 2016
Former minister of finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala​,​ was on Thursday​,​​ ​December 1,​​ ​honored with the Global Fairness Award in Washington DC, United States.

The award was presented to her by the Global Fairness Initiative in recognition of her contribution to sustainable development,​ ​through serving others,​​ ​and her consistent focus on implementing development programs that benefit the poor and less privileged.

Speaking at the event in Washington DC, the former minister expressed gratitude for the recognition and pledged to continue to fight for fairness for the less privileged.

“I appreciate the Trustees of the Global Fairness Award for recognizing a lifetime devoted to development, including the privilege I have now of working for children’s immunization, through Gavi, and for managing climate risk in Africa through the African Risk Capacity. Let 2017 be a year of continued fight for fairness for the most vulnerable among us, and those left behind in this world.”

Other recipients of the award include Dr Cristina Liamzon, a development consultant,​ and Ms Randi Weingarten, an American labor leader, attorney, and educator.

The Global Fairness Initiative is a not-for-profit international organization that promotes a more equitable, sustainable approach to economic development, ensuring that benefits and prosperity are extended to all people, including the working poor.

Some of the notable personalities that have been recognized and honored with the Global Fairness Award include Robert Bruce Zoellick, the eleventh president of the World Bank​,​​ ​former managing director of Goldman Sachs and Joyce Hilda Banda,​​ ​former President of Malawi.
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Receives The 2016 Global Fairness Award by Nobody: 2:38pm On Dec 02, 2016
Congratulation to the greatest finance minister of all times in nigeria history.

Quote me negatively and drop dead now

Ftc on my 2nd day to join nairaland

1 Like

Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Receives The 2016 Global Fairness Award by timsTNA: 2:43pm On Dec 02, 2016
EmmzyWhite:
Congratulation to the greatest finance minister of all times in nigeria history.

Quote me negatively and drop dead now

Ftc on my 2nd day to join nairaland

Second day to join NL and you already know what FTC means. Something's fishy
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Receives The 2016 Global Fairness Award by TippyTop(m): 2:50pm On Dec 02, 2016
Nice
Re: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-iweala Receives The 2016 Global Fairness Award by Godprotectigbo2(f): 3:51pm On Dec 02, 2016
grin grin grin

igbo women first then other women fello

keep teaching ofonja women how things is been done cool

(1) (Reply)

BBC- Letter From Africa: What Has Gone Wrong For Nigeria's President Buhari? / Buhari You Will Taught A Lesson If You Are Stupid Enough To Come To Enugu - IPOB / Pensioners Embbarass Okorocha In Owerri,Protest Against Payment Of 40% Salary(pi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.