Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,810 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

Corper Ifedolapo Oladepo Did Not Die In Kano Camp - NYSC Shares Story - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Corper Ifedolapo Oladepo Did Not Die In Kano Camp - NYSC Shares Story (40884 Views)

Father Of Late Corper, Ifedolapo Oladepo Drags FG, NYSC To Court, Demands N100m / Burial Pictures Of Ifedolapo Oladepo - NYSC Female Member / Corper Ifedolapo Dies In Kano Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Corper Ifedolapo Oladepo Did Not Die In Kano Camp - NYSC Shares Story by Mrgabson: 6:41pm On Dec 02, 2016
Rip to the dead
Re: Corper Ifedolapo Oladepo Did Not Die In Kano Camp - NYSC Shares Story by hotspec(m): 6:42pm On Dec 02, 2016
Re: Corper Ifedolapo Oladepo Did Not Die In Kano Camp - NYSC Shares Story by esthel(f): 6:42pm On Dec 02, 2016
Of course we knew nysc was going to throw blames around
Re: Corper Ifedolapo Oladepo Did Not Die In Kano Camp - NYSC Shares Story by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 02, 2016
All I know is that those doctors in camps are fellow corps members who just finished school and internship with little experience. She was injected with the wrong drug, or expired drug, who knows?

3 Likes

Re: Corper Ifedolapo Oladepo Did Not Die In Kano Camp - NYSC Shares Story by nkemdi89(f): 6:56pm On Dec 02, 2016
Proper medical check up most times could advert most medical emergencies, it's so unfortunate most of us ignore our health status, due to poverty and ignorance. The nysc doesn't have the medical history of all its members, so when issues like these arises it make it complicated in administering the right, proper and adequate treatment. Everything done on her was trial by error method as there was limited time in carrying out test. R I P to her.
Re: Corper Ifedolapo Oladepo Did Not Die In Kano Camp - NYSC Shares Story by muimui(m): 6:59pm On Dec 02, 2016
R I P
Re: Corper Ifedolapo Oladepo Did Not Die In Kano Camp - NYSC Shares Story by blackestboy: 7:01pm On Dec 02, 2016
Princelegacylemoha:
That shouldn't be coming from you guys
Trying not to get blamed
NIGERIA
According to what her mom wrote
I think she was giving less attention and improper medication.
Nigerian Government what's up with this NYSC stuff anyways , what impact has it made to the life of Nigeria youths .
Let me just mind my business tho

As in immediately I saw the topic I wanted to quickly go and screenshot this exact post on Facebook then I saw you did. It was pain negligence on their part, they should just own up
Re: Corper Ifedolapo Oladepo Did Not Die In Kano Camp - NYSC Shares Story by Monspubis: 7:10pm On Dec 02, 2016
balinda:
All I know is that those doctors in camps are fellow corps members who just finished school and internship with little experience. She was injected with the wrong drug, or expired drug, who knows?
While that assertion may be true,we shouldn't forget the bigger problem here ;systematic failure.Having run an NYSC orientation camp clinic myself, I must point out that most of these so called clinics are often ill-equipped altogether from staff down to very basic materials you would expect in a primary care centre.
It is really sad that our government is not able to put up sensible and working sytems in place on these camps.They gather thousands of people in a place and do not provide means by which their health will be taken care of.We ve had camp clinics without drugs,even essential drugs.In my own camp for instance,we had to buy cheap gloves ourselves to see our fellow corpers,contribute money to procure drugs and all sorts of nonsense.Our ambulance was no ambulance,I was always embarrassed going with it to the parade grounds knowing fully well that we only had paracetamol in that "so called ambulance".
Don't even be surprised that we had to fuel the camp bus to procure stuffs we were going to need in the camp clinic with our money.Service to the country right?
Another bright mind lost to this failed system.
We are in a terrible situation,every sector has collapsed from within.We must wake up NOW.
'Nuff of my rants,it always saddens me to hear these kind of news.May her soul rest in peace.

2 Likes

Re: Corper Ifedolapo Oladepo Did Not Die In Kano Camp - NYSC Shares Story by bimchuswhat(f): 7:11pm On Dec 02, 2016
The so called doctors and nurses at the camp clinic during my time are nothing to write home about. I was given an injection and couldn't walk or even sit for days with swollen buttocks. And OP LAUTECH is not in Osogbo but Ogbomoso. May God grant her eternal rest and console the grieving family. Amen.
Re: Corper Ifedolapo Oladepo Did Not Die In Kano Camp - NYSC Shares Story by ogtavia(m): 7:12pm On Dec 02, 2016
UNIZIK1stSon:
Ifedolapo Oladepo Did Not Die in Camp - NYSC

THE National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) has, on Friday cleared air over the controversial death of a First Class graduate of Transport Management, Ifedolapo Oladepo from Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Osogbo at its orientation camp in Kano State.

In an exclusive chat with Vanguard , the KANO Coordinator of NYSC, Abdullahi Baba said that the late Coper died in a Government hospital.

“The truth of the matter was that the Coper did not died at the camp, she died in the hospital. She was sick, treated at the camp clinic, and when she was not responding, she was taken to second facility hospital at Gwarzo General hospital “.

Speaking further, the state Coordinator “I have reported the matter to my Head office, she was handled by our doctors in the camp before she was transferred to Government hospital.”

He distanced the Camp management from the Coper’s death stressing that “we have nothing to do with her death, the records and the file are there, the Doctors that treated her at the camp are there likewise those that treated her in her at the Government hospital”.

The Coordinator declared that “anything outside this account is falsehood and people are free to hold opinion whether positive or negative but the beautiful things are that the records there for anyone to access “.

Abdullahi Baba who ruled out negligence on the part of NYSC management said “her case was handled by professional and I believe they know better.

http://mynaijainfo.com/2016/12/nysc-reacts-death-corper-ifedolapo-kano/

okay na..since she didn't die in NYSC camp..its fine that she died isnt it..as long as she didn't die in NYSC camp...Nigerians and blame game...id.iots..
Re: Corper Ifedolapo Oladepo Did Not Die In Kano Camp - NYSC Shares Story by Jabioro: 7:13pm On Dec 02, 2016
It's better for this state coordinator to be quiet than all the trash he is been spew...,.sending u invisible slap to reset ur brain..anofia!
Re: Corper Ifedolapo Oladepo Did Not Die In Kano Camp - NYSC Shares Story by bimchuswhat(f): 7:15pm On Dec 02, 2016
balinda:
They are also so full of themselves. U need to see the way I was being treated during my time.....Rubbish.....We are all Professionals in our various fields of study and they should learn to accord respect and treat patients well. Their Duty is to save lives

3 Likes

Re: Corper Ifedolapo Oladepo Did Not Die In Kano Camp - NYSC Shares Story by Dee60: 7:17pm On Dec 02, 2016
What on earth is NYSC useful for outside counting ballot papers which is often rigged at the end of the day? According to Trump, the system is all rigged! SCRAP NYSC NOW!

Saraki - sounds like you are the only dynamic person in the regime, please act.
Re: Corper Ifedolapo Oladepo Did Not Die In Kano Camp - NYSC Shares Story by Paidrooll(m): 7:21pm On Dec 02, 2016
UNIZIK1stSon:

THE National Youth Service Corp (NYSC) has, on Friday cleared air over the controversial death of a First Class graduate of Transport Management, Ifedolapo Oladepo from Ladoke Akintola University of Technology, Osogbo at its orientation camp in Kano State.

In an exclusive chat with Vanguard , the KANO Coordinator of NYSC, Abdullahi Baba said that the late Coper died in a Government hospital.

“The truth of the matter was that the Coper did not died at the camp, she died in the hospital. She was sick, treated at the camp clinic, and when she was not responding, she was taken to second facility hospital at Gwarzo General hospital “.

Speaking further, the state Coordinator “I have reported the matter to my Head office, she was handled by our doctors in the camp before she was transferred to Government hospital.”

He distanced the Camp management from the Coper’s death stressing that “we have nothing to do with her death, the records and the file are there, the Doctors that treated her at the camp are there likewise those that treated her in her at the Government hospital”.

The Coordinator declared that “anything outside this account is falsehood and people are free to hold opinion whether positive or negative but the beautiful things are that the records there for anyone to access “.

Abdullahi Baba who ruled out negligence on the part of NYSC management said “her case was handled by professional and I believe they know better.

Thaa sharap there!!...Mumu guy u day try defend u and ur colleagues abi

Re: Corper Ifedolapo Oladepo Did Not Die In Kano Camp - NYSC Shares Story by crackhouse(m): 7:27pm On Dec 02, 2016
Hmm liars and wicked people everywhere.
Re: Corper Ifedolapo Oladepo Did Not Die In Kano Camp - NYSC Shares Story by Guru9ja(m): 7:30pm On Dec 02, 2016
My prayer is God in his infinite mercy will console the family and grant them the fortitude to bear the lose.
NYSC is irrelevant to the state of the nation. I see young corpers on FB sharing their pics, feeling on top of the world as if they have achieved all without knowing what awaits them in the future. Its either they search for Job for years and don't find 1 or go into personal business. Therefore am requesting for the scrapping of NYSC

1 Like

Re: Corper Ifedolapo Oladepo Did Not Die In Kano Camp - NYSC Shares Story by chidiandre(m): 7:31pm On Dec 02, 2016
so instead of consoling the parents this people are shifting blame... just sad
Re: Corper Ifedolapo Oladepo Did Not Die In Kano Camp - NYSC Shares Story by Arielle: 7:33pm On Dec 02, 2016
This bloody nonentity should shut his stinking trap. No- good, incompetent, corrupt and dishonest turd. The girl was neglected and the animals dragged their feet before sending her to a hospital. The stupid NYSC should be scrapped. Buhari is looking for how to save money, ba? But it won't be because some arseholes are growing rich off the scheme. Useless country. APC, PDP anyone who has been in power, may they all burn in hell. Rest in peace sweet girl.
Re: Corper Ifedolapo Oladepo Did Not Die In Kano Camp - NYSC Shares Story by afanide: 7:36pm On Dec 02, 2016
I expected you guys to focus on negligence and NOT if she died in ur camp or not.

You neglected her in camp which resulted in her death and u re releasing a worthless statement.

Want to start EXPORTATION BUSINESS
(Bitter Kola, Ginger, Cocoa)? Contact me via my signature
below.....
Re: Corper Ifedolapo Oladepo Did Not Die In Kano Camp - NYSC Shares Story by tete7000(m): 7:40pm On Dec 02, 2016
henrydadon:
shocked
Nysc should be scraped . It's a waste of time and energy many people die for nothing. Let her family sue the Nysc and include the federal government ASAP!..they just covering their track..all this are pure lies from the pit of hell

If those who are employed and earn living from NYSC hear from you, they will shoot you. That is the irony of the programme. It gives some people daily bread, they will do everything to ensure its not scrapped.

1 Like

Re: Corper Ifedolapo Oladepo Did Not Die In Kano Camp - NYSC Shares Story by gemale(m): 7:45pm On Dec 02, 2016
UNIZIK1stSon:

Wt d Bleep is ds 1 saying? Trying 2 twist English language 2 avoid taking responsibility 4 wt is clearly their fault due 2 sheer negligence & wickedness. Nobody is asking whether she died in camp or nt. D girl said she was unwell & she was forced 2 undergo rigorous exercises dt contributed 2 her demise. D Dr dt gave her d injection dt made her go in2 anaphylaxis shld be thoroughly questioned & investigated 2 find out if dere was wrongdoing on his part. D parents sef r vexing me. Instead of dem 2 demand a full autopsy 2 b carried out on d corpse of their daughter 2 know d cause of death. God forbid, if dt was my child, D only thing dt wld stop me 4rm getting 2 D bottom of ds mata is 4 Dem 2 kill me. Ds 1 dt pple r dying anyhow, e b lyk say ds nysc thing is crap. It seems it's nt worth going to. D job wey dey mandate am 4 no dey sef. B4 some pple send me 2 my untimely demise (God forbid).

1 Like

Re: Corper Ifedolapo Oladepo Did Not Die In Kano Camp - NYSC Shares Story by Orikinla(m): 7:48pm On Dec 02, 2016
UNIZIK1stSon:

Is this English language?
Re: Corper Ifedolapo Oladepo Did Not Die In Kano Camp - NYSC Shares Story by Orikinla(m): 7:52pm On Dec 02, 2016
gemale:

Wt d Bleep is ds 1 saying? Trying 2 twist English language 2 avoid taking responsibility 4 wt is clearly their fault due 2 sheer negligence & wickedness. Nobody is asking whether she died in camp or nt. D girl said she was unwell & she was forced 2 undergo rigorous exercises dt contributed 2 her demise. D Dr dt gave her d injection dt made her go in2 anaphylaxis shld be thoroughly questioned & investigated 2 find out if dere was wrongdoing on his part. D parents sef r vexing me. Instead of dem 2 demand a full autopsy 2 b carried out on d corpse of their daughter 2 know d cause of death. God forbid, if dt was my child, D only thing dt wld stop me 4rm getting 2 D bottom of ds mata is 4 Dem 2 kill me. Ds 1 dt pple r dying anyhow, e b lyk say ds nysc thing is crap. It seems it's nt worth going to. D job wey dey mandate am 4 no dey sef. B4 some pple send me 2 my untimely demise (God forbid).
The bad English language shows the incompetence of the administrators of the NYSC.
Re: Corper Ifedolapo Oladepo Did Not Die In Kano Camp - NYSC Shares Story by lebienconnu: 7:52pm On Dec 02, 2016
The NYSC doctors killed the girl, inadvertently though. They must have administered a drug that elicited that anaphylactic reaction which was not the reason why she went to the clinic. Obviously, she had been sensitized against some antigenes to which she had been exposed before. Of course, there was system wide degranulation of mast cells and basophils.

Cases like this should not be swept underground. It should be made a reference point as regards learning for medical students and the general public.

if one has any allergy, i.e an idiosyncratic reaction to any substance or drug, one should tell the doctor even if he forgets to ask. This will go a long way to reduce this type of unfortunate incidence.

Fake drug peddlers are also culpable to a very large extent.

1 Like

Re: Corper Ifedolapo Oladepo Did Not Die In Kano Camp - NYSC Shares Story by babatunde101: 7:53pm On Dec 02, 2016
After lautech stress..oluwa ooo..what is this NYSC of a thing..No proper medical attention at the camp. God, have mercy on this country Nigeria. Ife RIP
Re: Corper Ifedolapo Oladepo Did Not Die In Kano Camp - NYSC Shares Story by chiefojiji(m): 7:54pm On Dec 02, 2016
awon weyrey rada rada.

rip jare ife.
carelessly wasted a generation!

nysc her blood dey una head.
Re: Corper Ifedolapo Oladepo Did Not Die In Kano Camp - NYSC Shares Story by glossy6(f): 8:15pm On Dec 02, 2016
Opioko:
That doesn't change the fact that negligence on the part of your officials contributed to the death of the girl! If this was to happen in saner climes, with healthy justice systems, you guys will pay through the nose for the death of the poor girl. It's only in this hell hole of a country that one's malfeasances causes the death of another and instead of taking responsibility, they come to spew nonsense like this and go scot-free. What tosh!

The girl died, whether in the camp or at Gwarzo. May his generations be given that "professional " care
Re: Corper Ifedolapo Oladepo Did Not Die In Kano Camp - NYSC Shares Story by tomzman: 8:23pm On Dec 02, 2016
Opioko:
That doesn't change the fact that negligence on the part of your officials contributed to the death of the girl! If this was to happen in saner climes, with healthy justice systems, you guys will pay through the nose for the death of the poor girl. It's only in this hell hole of a country that one's malfeasances causes the death of another and instead of taking responsibility, they come to spew nonsense like this and go scot-free. What tosh!
Sincerely, I wish someone can take up this case. Those guys should be made to pay through the nose for the girl's death. Just imagine the thrash the idiotic state coordinator spewed. Sometimes I regret coming to this world as a black man.

Well, RIP to the girl.

1 Like

Re: Corper Ifedolapo Oladepo Did Not Die In Kano Camp - NYSC Shares Story by IYANGBALI: 8:26pm On Dec 02, 2016
God punish all those officials. Ka da fun yin lai, ofo lomi eko nse , ofo ni gbogbo yin o se.
Re: Corper Ifedolapo Oladepo Did Not Die In Kano Camp - NYSC Shares Story by Bishop4bella(m): 8:44pm On Dec 02, 2016
Her elder sister was interviewed on air this morning on Rave Fm 91.7 and Mr Femi d presenter even played d recorded call he made through to the coordinator but he said he's not permitted to speak on air. Now see what he said. You are permitted to speak on air but to are on air. Why was the delay in taking d lady to a teaching hospital has her sister instructed them. How I wish fellow nl listen to her sister's interview. I have a strong heart but I dnt knw when tears was coming out of my eyes. May her soul rest in perfect peace

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Corper Kidnapped In Rivers State Yesterday- SEE PHOTO / Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics / What are the effects of missing NYSC Clearance For A Month?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.