Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,395 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics (40884 Views)

How I Celebrated New Year With N19800 In Kano State. Photos (mrphysics) / NYSC: Why I Should Serve In Niger State? / My NYSC Experience In Kano State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by mrphysics(m): 3:14pm On Sep 07, 2016
statistics have shown that more corpers die in south south than North west of recent. one thing that pushes prospective corps members from choosing Kano state as their choice of state is insecurity and unless they are told they wouldn't believe that Kano is more secure than other states unlike what is widely thought. Serving in Kano state has been a blessing and I have seen reasons why YOU should choose Kano state.

I Will spend time talking about Kano state and give some detailed reason why Kano should be your first choice of state during NYSC.

let's get started

one: Security when the call up letter showed and I was posted to Kano, The fear of security gave me some sleepless night. as the only son, my physical well being is not only important but paramount to my decision making, but I can boldly tell you that as a Corp member in Kano, you are more secured than anyone. since we came, we haven't heard of any Corp member dying because of security, not even beating or attacked. those serving in villages are given tight security and their affairs given top priority. The natives of Kano have been warned to obey Corpers. they respect you, love you, honour you and render help to you as long as you let them know you are a corper. unlike what is heard in other states of Corpers dying, beating or kidnapped.

Also, due to the sensitivity of security here in Kano, your movement is restricted only by yourself making you more secured as no one will ever think of breaking into your house to harm you.

Kano indigenes are very religious and as such most of them can't harm you. ladies are angels in Kano. everything favours them, they can't be raped nor harassed provided they respect themselves by dressing decently. you see, security is not a reason why you shouldn't choose Kano state. Everywhere in Kano is well secured, you can see the presence of security in most places even at your work places. l challenge you to call any serving corper in Kano and you will never here that her security is bleached. As a corper you are more secure than anyone else living in Kano. Always go with your I. D card.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by mrphysics(m): 3:30pm On Sep 07, 2016
Two, PPA: As a corper, the most important thing is not your state of deployment rather your Place of Primary Assignment (PPA). when we got posted, one of my classmate who was posted to Abuja Was feeling too high. I felt intimidated but before going for service, I knew that state of deployment isn't the Ultimate rather, ones PPA. After Camp, he was posted to a secondary school outside the city of Abuja and he started wailing.

Here in Kano, there is 70% percent possibility of being posted to the town. Most Corp members are posted to the Town and here in the town many opportunities abound.

My friends posted to the village here in Kano enjoy more than us in town. They have constant light, good lodge I. e 1/room, their PPA give them food every Month. remember only few persons go to the village. Also there in the village, No CDS, no U-report, no disturbance from anyone.

Majority posted to the village are most lucky as they can get things doing. most private companies in the town employ Corps members and pay them very well ,if you get lucky, kedco I. e Kano distribution company or dangote company employ your service, then you are of all men most blessed. most PPA here in the town employ you and give you the opportunity of doing other things to earn money. and trust me, as a graduate, if you are wise you will see things u can do and if you are business inclined, believe me, Kano is a fertile ground only be focused.

Also you can't compare cost of living in Kano to most other places, it's far cheaper. Don't mind people talking about rice been costly, here in Kano it's far cheaper, example, as at today, a bag of Thailand rice goes for 22000 in Lagos same bag of rice is 18000 in Kano. I will talk about cost of living separately. The fact that you have high chance of getting a good PPA and been posted to the town is something worth considering. I have seen HND holders use NYSC here in Kano to run their PGD program for the period of one year. Their PPA gives them time and encourages them to do it. when we came we were told at our PPA to go and get PGD ,MSc form at BUK.

You can Maximize your stay in Kano than anywhere else. Therefore, give Kano a chance. It's worth taking.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by mrphysics(m): 3:32pm On Sep 07, 2016
Your reactions, I will update later. don't get bored you will enjoy what you are about to read from me.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by Dream2(m): 5:28pm On Sep 07, 2016
Hmmmm,this is good,thumbs up bro,I followed your first thread and it was indeed an education but am just curious,hope you're not under threats whatsoever to do this going by the number of derogatory words used by some monikers in the first thread.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by Opistorincos(m): 5:42pm On Sep 07, 2016
next yr like this ehn, kano on point

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by amodu(m): 10:39pm On Sep 07, 2016
Welldone for selling a good image about the 'Land of Kwankwansiya' but I will advice you don't generalise as that is giving room for some loopholes in your writings.

7 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by Doyin400l(m): 2:43am On Sep 08, 2016
@Op, hope you not under any threat over there? You sounded strange going by your recent post.
Well, ride on bro. we solidly in your front.
My question is; How is Kano state cost of living for Corpers in this time of recession.
2. How much is accommodation over there I.e A room, Self-contained, a 3 bed-room flat.
3. How easy it is to probably start a family over there in terms of living standard.
Thanks.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by mrphysics(m): 4:35am On Sep 08, 2016
Dream2:
Hmmmm,this is good,thumbs up bro,I followed your first thread and it was indeed an education but am just curious,hope you're not under threats whatsoever to do this going by the number of derogatory words used by some monikers in the first thread.
No, no one can put me under duress. As you wont even see what i will write as the contribution of Kano Indigenes to your successful stay in Kano. everything you are about to read will come from your own effort and NYSC. I can't contradict what i earlier wrote. Thanks Anyway for your concern

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by mrphysics(m): 4:36am On Sep 08, 2016
amodu:
Welldone for selling a good image about the 'Land of Kwankwansiya' but I will advice you don't generalise as that is giving room for some loopholes in your writings.
I wont generalize but you must know that there must be some few exceptions
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by mrphysics(m): 4:42am On Sep 08, 2016
Doyin400l:
@Op, hope you not under any threat over there? You sounded strange going by your recent post.
Well, ride on bro. we solidly in your front.
My question is; How is Kano state cost of living for Corpers in this time of recession.
2. How much is accommodation over there I.e A room, Self-contained, a 3 bed-room flat.
3. How easy it is to probably start a family over there in terms of living standard.
Thanks.
Bros Don't ever think of bringing your family over hear. Abeg don;t imagine it. Having said that, i am not under any threat and i will always be truthful. i have someone in my PPA who was retained after service, he didnt bring his family here.
Secondly, the cost of living here in this time if recession is far better than what is obtainable elsewhere. Atleast the side i stay, you can buy tomatoes + onions + pepper= N100, and it will be big. Here in town, things only becomes costly when you go to Sabongari. Accommodation is cheap in the Hausa dominated places, but trust me, you wouldn't enjoy living with them as everything you do has religious implication. so it's better you rent house in Sabon gari.

9 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by Dream2(m): 7:16am On Sep 08, 2016
mrphysics:

No, no one can put me under duress. As you wont even see what i will write as the contribution of Kano Indigenes to your successful stay in Kano. everything you are about to read will come from your own effort and NYSC. I can't contradict what i earlier wrote. Thanks Anyway for your concern
Okay,good to know that.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by Dream2(m): 7:18am On Sep 08, 2016
amodu:
Bro,I am coming for your own version of life in kano oooo,so make una prepare wella.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by amodu(m): 1:12pm On Sep 08, 2016
mrphysics:

I wont generalize but you must know that there must be some few exceptions

I am sorry but aren't few exceptions and I will like to quickly contribute so that intending Kano PCM will not preempt too much and when they eventually find themselves here, disappointment won't be their lot and as a result sending words to you.

» 70% of corpers cannot find themselves in town as Kano has 44 LGAs while only 8 (Nasarawa, Kano Municipal, Ungogo, Dala, Fagae, Tarauni, and two others I can't remember now) constitue the major towns and the rest 36 are villages.

» It is widely known here that Kano have been battling with little/no power supply for quite a while now and the villages are not exempted.

» My village LGA (Bunkure) here, our LGI has made it mandatory since the last two months to bring along our you-report while failure to do so is no clearance and this I confirmed from surrounding village LGAs like , Kibiya, Rano, Tudun-Wada and co. to be the same.

Every other thing I concur, ranging from security, low cost of living, provision of lodges, no cds at villages, etc.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by amodu(m): 1:46pm On Sep 08, 2016
Dream2:

Bro,I am coming for your own version of life in kano oooo,so make una prepare wella.

My amiable bro, I am at your service anytime.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by mrphysics(m): 2:10pm On Sep 08, 2016
amodu:

I am sorry but aren't few exceptions and I will like to quickly contribute so that intending Kano PCM will not preempt too much and when they eventually find themselves here, disappointment won't be their lot and as a result sending words to you.

» 70% of corpers cannot find themselves in town as Kano has 44 LGAs while only 8 (Nasarawa, Kano Municipal, Ungogo, Dala, Fagae, Tarauni, and two others I can't remember now) constitue the major towns and the rest 36 are villages.

» It is widely known here that Kano have been battling with little/no power supply for quite a while now and the villages are not exempted.

» My village LGA (Bunkure) here, our LGI has made it mandatory since the last two months to bring along our you-report while failure to do so is no clearance and this I confirmed from surrounding village LGAs like , Kibiya, Rano, Tudun-Wada and co. to be the same.

Every other thing I concur, ranging from security, low cost of living, provision of lodges, no cds at villages, etc.
Maybe I was privileged go be a CLO in my PPA and I work with my LI during clearance. I was given a photo gallery of last year's corpers in Kano and I can tell you that most corps members are resident in town. in fact, you can count corpers posted to your local government but I can't do the same here. I have a friend serving in Kiru and they are not up to 20 Corp members posted to that local government, A16. The issue of U-report came as a sudden and I can tell you, it's already going down.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by mrphysics(m): 2:21pm On Sep 08, 2016
Number three: Respect for your certificate

one thing I noticed while in camp is that preference is given to some schools provided you made a certain grade. Top schools is Nigeria were given some respect by posting their First Class and 2:1 to the town. if you made 2:1 or 1:1 from Unilag, UI, UNN, ABU the know that you will be in camp. Don't forget I have polytechnic distinction holders posted to the village, and also lower credit holders posted to the town, even third class been posted to the town. but these schools is given top priority provided you made the good results.

Here in town, I must tell you, your certificate is respected. For some of us looking for place of secondary assignment to make extra cash, we have received much respect for our certificates unlike what is obtainable in other states. Even those in the village also get same respect. Be bold to submit your CV if you have degree and get ready to negotiate your payment as most people here don't have that. I have same qualification with most of the lecturers in my department, it's only the HOD that have a higher qualification.

The point is that as at now, your certificate have higher value in Kano. in a place where banks don't need Hijab wearing workers, most ladies have a higher chances of getting a banking job in Kano. play your game well, make necessary arrangements, meetings steps and you won't think of leaving Kano.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by mrphysics(m): 2:33pm On Sep 08, 2016
Numbed Four: Opportunities:

Truth be told, if you can adapt to Kano way of living I. e living in a Muslim community, if you can also stay away from home, the Kano can be a home far away from home. in my last post , someone asked me to compare Kahuna with Kano, the I haven't been to Kaduna , I just passed it. But I took time for the purpose of this post to go down to Kaduna and make a good finding, and I can tell you that Kano beats Kaduna hands-down.

Kano Is a big city home to most companies including dangote , there are diverse product in Kano than in other part of the country, there are companies, schools, hospitals, institutions in Kano. take a walk round Kano, submit your CVs and you will surely be called.

Apart from that, the business life in Kano is another advantage, they are about 3 million persons in Kano and as such a large market. if you have business mindset, am sure you will make money here in Kano. I have Corp members who import things from east and west and sell it in Kano. Also, you can learn many things, sewing, decorations etc in Kano almost free of charge. I don't know How else to talk about this, when you come, I think it will be so obvious.

Think about this, you can move things from Kano down to east or west, you can do many things. Just think of what you want. think of life after NYSC, just meditate on all these things. Kano is a fertile ground for you. yes you

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by Fingerprinter(m): 7:01pm On Sep 08, 2016
Hmm
OP, please anytime you write, always state that the things you're writing are things obtainable in your current location.
Everything you wrote up there about Corp members having a lot of free time is only applicable to Corp members posted to government institutions. This is also what is obtainable everywhere in the country, not just in kano alone.
Again, Sabon gari which is the only in habitable place for foreigners in kano state is a bit expensive. Accommodation there is expensive and lot of other things because of the presence of the Igbos there. Infact if you don't have any other means of generating income as a copa in sabon gari, then you're definitely on a long thing as the nysc stipend would barely take you for three weeks there.
The light situation in kano only improved last month and is already beginning to falter again.
Continue sha, we are following

12 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by amodu(m): 9:01pm On Sep 08, 2016
mrphysics:

Maybe I was privileged go be a CLO in my PPA and I work with my LI during clearance. I was given a photo gallery of last year's corpers in Kano and I can tell you that most corps members are resident in town. in fact, you can count corpers posted to your local government but I can't do the same here. I have a friend serving in Kiru and they are not up to 20 Corp members posted to that local government, A16. The issue of U-report came as a sudden and I can tell you, it's already going down.

The number of villages overriding that of towns is the key, hence, the percentage can't be 70% but 45%'

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by malton: 10:00pm On Sep 08, 2016

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by Chriswazo(m): 2:18pm On Sep 09, 2016
mrphysics:
Numbed Four: Opportunities:
Truth be told, if you can adapt to Kano way of living I. e living in a Muslim community, if you can also stay away from home, the Kano can be a home far away from home. in my last post , someone asked me to compare Kahuna with Kano, the I haven't been to Kaduna , I just passed it. But I took time for the purpose of this post to go down to Kaduna and make a good finding, and I can tell you that Kano beats Kaduna hands-down.
Kano Is a big city home to most companies including dangote , there are diverse product in Kano than in other part of the country, there are companies, schools, hospitals, institutions in Kano. take a walk round Kano, submit your CVs and you will surely be called.
Apart from that, the business life in Kano is another advantage, they are about 3 million persons in Kano and as such a large market. if you have business mindset, am sure you will make money here in Kano. I have Corp members who import things from east and west and sell it in Kano. Also, you can learn many things, sewing, decorations etc in Kano almost free of charge. I don't know How else to talk about this, when you come, I think it will be so obvious.
Think about this, you can move things from Kano down to east or west, you can do many things. Just think of what you want. think of life after NYSC, just meditate on all these things. Kano is a fertile ground for you. yes you

So you have finally confirmed my question, good to know, but i want to get your candid reply, if you were given opportunity to choose between Kadunna and Kano for Nysc bearing in mind that you will like to base there even after your service, which will you choose?
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by NaijaTroops(m): 7:30pm On Sep 10, 2016
well done chairmen/women nice and informative op. as a b16 hopeful what the opportunities for computer science in kano state.thanks
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by NaijaTroops(m): 7:30pm On Sep 10, 2016
well done chairmen/women nice and informative op. as a b16 hopeful what are the opportunities for computer science graduate in kano state.thanks
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by mrphysics(m): 1:29pm On Sep 11, 2016
Chriswazo:

So you have finally confirmed my question, good to know, but i want to get your candid reply, if you were given opportunity to choose between Kadunna and Kano for Nysc bearing in mind that you will like to base there even after your service, which will you choose?
Kano state sir.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by mrphysics(m): 1:33pm On Sep 11, 2016
NaijaTroops:
well done chairmen/women nice and informative op. as a b16 hopeful what are the opportunities for computer science graduate in kano state.thanks
I know of a computer science graduate serving in Airforce base. if u graduated from a good school with good grade then u will surely get a nice place. my friend got a good PPA without connection. he read computer science and I also know those in Kedco. Did u graduate with good grade and from good school ? If the answers are yes THEN welcome to Kano state.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by mrphysics(m): 1:35pm On Sep 11, 2016
Lalasticlala seun I think Batch B 16 needs this , please do the needful

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by DAramis: 3:27pm On Sep 11, 2016
mrphysics:
Lalasticlala seun I think Batch B 16 needs this , please do the needful

Bro,
I sent you a pm.
Pls reply.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by khoyejo: 5:24pm On Sep 11, 2016
Mr physics, hw much is kano state government paying to corpers
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by mrphysics(m): 5:52pm On Sep 11, 2016
DAramis:

Bro,
I sent you a pm.
Pls reply.
Already done that, check your mail
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by mrphysics(m): 5:58pm On Sep 11, 2016
khoyejo:
Mr physics, hw much is kano state government paying to corpers
Nothing, that makes it even easy for you to hustle. If posted to the village, Your PPA will be given you food monthly, but if posted to the town, Some PPA will pay without providing u with accommodation, while others will do the opposite.
Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by Abeyjide: 7:03pm On Sep 11, 2016
kano is nice with the experienced I had then. there was a friend of mine in dutse (jigawa) during my service year that do travelled to kano on every Saturday to eat a plate of fried rice. there are lot of golden opportunities in kano.I prayed then to be posted to north east and later landed in jigawa . The state goverment then was paying #5000 per month.

3 Likes

Re: Reasons Why You Should Serve In Kano State - Mrphysics by publicenemy(m): 7:04pm On Sep 11, 2016
Not safe anywhere Muslims are majority.

17 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Corper Kidnapped In Rivers State Yesterday- SEE PHOTO / Consider Suspending NYSC Camps For 2 Years, Osinbajo Committee Tells FG / Ebola: NYSC Suspends Orientation In Six States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.