Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,378 members, 7,819,376 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:07 PM

Buhari Approves Two More Justices For Supreme court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Approves Two More Justices For Supreme court (17541 Views)

Senate Confirms Buhari's Nominees For Supreme Court, INEC & NCC / Buhari Approves Appointments For 13 Government Agencies / Dasuki Set For Supreme Court Over Fg’s Denial Of Freedom After 3 Bails (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Approves Two More Justices For Supreme court by Limitednow: 5:32pm On Dec 02, 2016
PRESIDENT Muhammadu Buhari has approved the appointment of two more justices for the Supreme Court.

Those approved by Buhari were Justices Sidi Dauda Bage and Paul Adamu Galinje.

The approval was based on the recommendation of the National Judicial Council.

The two Justices will be sworn-in by the Acting Chief Justice of Nigeria and Chairman of the National Judicial Council, Justice W. S. N. Onnoghen, on December 5, 2016 at 2pm in the Supreme Court of Nigeria.

http://www.socialtimesng.com/2016/12/buhari-approves-two-more-justices-for-supreme-court/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves Two More Justices For Supreme court by OZAOEKPE(f): 5:34pm On Dec 02, 2016
NORTH-OCRACY

29 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Two More Justices For Supreme court by sarrki(m): 5:40pm On Dec 02, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
NORTH-OCRACY

You just saw a post without the names

You concluded it's NORTHOCRACY

Brother let's criticize with facts and figures

23 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Two More Justices For Supreme court by sarrki(m): 5:41pm On Dec 02, 2016
Re: Buhari Approves Two More Justices For Supreme court by OZAOEKPE(f): 5:43pm On Dec 02, 2016
sarrki:

Buhari can never disappoint me...

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves Two More Justices For Supreme court by sarrki(m): 5:44pm On Dec 02, 2016
OZAOEKPE:

Buhari can never disappoint me...

Let's see

Op drop the whole news
Re: Buhari Approves Two More Justices For Supreme court by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 02, 2016
Up North

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves Two More Justices For Supreme court by OZAOEKPE(f): 5:46pm On Dec 02, 2016
sarrki:

Let's see

Op drop the whole news
baba i know buhari pass you

18 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Two More Justices For Supreme court by OZAOEKPE(f): 5:48pm On Dec 02, 2016
sarrki i no talk am..

20 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Two More Justices For Supreme court by Limitednow: 5:49pm On Dec 02, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
sarrki i no talk am..

Buhari never disappoints.

27 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Two More Justices For Supreme court by sammyj: 5:51pm On Dec 02, 2016
President of the North for sure!!! cheesy grin

34 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Two More Justices For Supreme court by fistonati(m): 5:53pm On Dec 02, 2016
Buhari plotting his people to supreme court

20 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Two More Justices For Supreme court by estyvino(m): 6:24pm On Dec 02, 2016
How did we get here?

You want us(Igbo) to be one Nigeria and you are certainly creating division

22 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Two More Justices For Supreme court by banki(m): 6:37pm On Dec 02, 2016
please how is it northernocracy?

every region now has 2 supreme court judges no one has more

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Two More Justices For Supreme court by Blue3k(m): 7:04pm On Dec 02, 2016
Why does it matter where he's from? Can you guys tell us what their actual political beliefs are. Are they conservative, lberal, how do they interpret law? The North vs South doesn't say much unless everyone from the regions are just stereotypes in your minds.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Two More Justices For Supreme court by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 02, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
sarrki i no talk am..
sarrki is no longer available
lol......

22 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Two More Justices For Supreme court by Nobody: 7:11pm On Dec 02, 2016
estyvino:
How did we get here?

You want us(Igbo) to be one Nigeria and you are certainly creation division

Try find out the total number of supreme court justices and how many are from the North and how many are from the South. I know the numbers but it helps if you can do the findings yourself. You don't come to conclusion by looking at the part and not the whole of something. We are rational people who should deal with facts and figures and not our emotions

16 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Two More Justices For Supreme court by Nobody: 7:16pm On Dec 02, 2016
Before you shout Northernisation, take a look at the current supreme court justices. Ignorance is a desease on its own. Thank me later.

Current Supreme Court Justices of Nigeria.

http://supremecourt.gov.ng/profile/justices

S/N. Name
1 Hon. Justice W.S. Nkanu Onnoghen CFR
2 Hon. Justice Ibrahim Tanko Muhammad CFR
3 Hon. Justice Bode Rhodes-Vivour CFR
4 Hon. Justice Nwali Sylvester Ngwuta CFR
5 Hon. Justice Mary Ukaego Peter-Odili CFR
6 Hon. Justice Olukayode Ariwoola
7 Hon. Justice Musa Dattijo Muhammad
8 Hon. Justice Clara Bata Ogunbiyi
9 Hon. Justice Kumai Bayang Akaahs OFR
10 Hon. Justice Kudirat M.O Kekere-Ekun
11 Hon. Justice John Inyang Okoro
12 Hon. Justice Chima Centus Nweze
13 Hon. Justice Amiru Sanusi OFR
14 Hon. Justice Amina Augie
15 Hon. Justice Ejembi Eko

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Approves Two More Justices For Supreme court by waternogetenemy: 7:17pm On Dec 02, 2016
LET HIM EMPLOY ALL THE MALLAM TO BE JUDGES.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Two More Justices For Supreme court by mensdept: 7:18pm On Dec 02, 2016
Blue3k:
Why does it matter where he's from? Can you guys tell us what their actual political beliefs are. Are they conservative, lberal, how do they interpret law? The North vs South doesn't say much unless everyone from the regions are just stereotypes in your minds.

What planet are you living in? It matters abeg. How they interpret laws or are liberal, etc can derive from their religion/region.

Duh

9 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Two More Justices For Supreme court by Unimaginable123: 7:21pm On Dec 02, 2016
sarrki:

dauda and adamu. Are they not hausa names?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves Two More Justices For Supreme court by TimeManager(m): 7:25pm On Dec 02, 2016
deji15:
Before you shout Northernisation, take a look at the current supreme court justices. Thank me later.
Ignorance is a desease on its own.

S/N. Name
Wailers senses are in this information you provided but they'd never read it to get a sense...
Kiss the truth!

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Approves Two More Justices For Supreme court by Blue3k(m): 7:46pm On Dec 02, 2016
mensdept:

What planet are you living in? It matters abeg. How they interpret laws or are liberal, etc can derive from their religion/region.

Duh

Ok but tell me what kind of judge he is? Can you answer that or you just going to say muslim so he think and rules x.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Two More Justices For Supreme court by Limitednow: 8:06pm On Dec 02, 2016
Lalasticlala‎
Re: Buhari Approves Two More Justices For Supreme court by Jelomy: 8:19pm On Dec 02, 2016
To me, I don't think there is any problem with that. I don't think this judges gives tribal-induced judgement.. Justice for cash, maybe yes..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves Two More Justices For Supreme court by mensdept: 8:50pm On Dec 02, 2016
Blue3k:

Ok but tell me what kind of judge he is? Can you answer that or you just goin to say muslim so he think and rules x.

Did you see or read me saying that? You say you don't care where he is from, and indirectly his religion etc, but expect none of that to matter when one's political scope of the world is in question? Naaaah, it does matter

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Two More Justices For Supreme court by Grundig: 9:03pm On Dec 02, 2016
Should buhari continue like this, the CJN for many years to come will come from the north.

Having said that, it must be on record that northerners prefer to be on the bench than to be called to thr bar. Being on the bench isn't as financially rewarding as being called to.thr bar.
Re: Buhari Approves Two More Justices For Supreme court by Blue3k(m): 9:05pm On Dec 02, 2016
mensdept:

Did you see or read me saying that? You say you don't care where he is from, and indirectly his religion etc, but expect none of that to matter when one's political scope of the world is in question? Naaaah, it does matter

Answer my question. What are his actual stances.

His northern background doesn't answer much. It's a low brow talking point when you can't elaborate on subject. Just shout north and muslim he wants sharia. It matter but not as much as people make it for everything.
Re: Buhari Approves Two More Justices For Supreme court by Opakan2: 10:03pm On Dec 02, 2016
Oya! let the wailings begin..

Ipob yewts can never disappoint.. I trust them

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Two More Justices For Supreme court by CXLVII: 10:03pm On Dec 02, 2016
estyvino:
How did we get here?

You want us(Igbo) to be one Nigeria and you are certainly creation division

Who wants you Igbo`s to be one Nigeria?

Stop deceiving yourself and face the fact.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Two More Justices For Supreme court by CXLVII: 10:05pm On Dec 02, 2016
deji15:
Before you shout Northernisation, take a look at the current supreme court justices. Thank me later.
Ignorance is a desease on its own.

S/N. Name

And one OZAOEKPE is already wailing

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Approves Two More Justices For Supreme court by tola9ja: 10:07pm On Dec 02, 2016
OZAOEKPE:
NORTH-OCRACY

AUTO CRAZY

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Knew Kachikwu’s Claims Couldn’t Be True, Says David-west / PHOTOS: Okorocha And Ganduje Visit Buhari / Akin Alabi Receives His Certificate Of Return

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.