Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,613 members, 7,823,665 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

My 3 Year Old Wakes Up Screaming Every Night For Hollandia Yogurt. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My 3 Year Old Wakes Up Screaming Every Night For Hollandia Yogurt. (5050 Views)

Woman Wakes Her Husband Up With N500k On His Birthday (Photos) / I Am Not The Father Of My 3-Year-Old 'Son' - Nigerian Man Cries Out (Photos) / Husband Wakes His Wife Up With Breakfast In Bed, Her Smile Is Priceless (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 3 Year Old Wakes Up Screaming Every Night For Hollandia Yogurt. by mybad: 5:41pm On Dec 02, 2016
Dear Mothers in the house and experienced fathers too.
My three year old daughter wakes up every night screaming for yogurt.
This happens between 12 midnight and 3am everyday.
She takes two 150ml packs of Hollandia strawberry drink before going back to sleep.
Please what can be done to wean her of this drink at this odd hour or pacify her from waking up to scream for the drink?
Looking forward to your responses.
Re: My 3 Year Old Wakes Up Screaming Every Night For Hollandia Yogurt. by lawrenzi(m): 5:41pm On Dec 02, 2016
Give her
Re: My 3 Year Old Wakes Up Screaming Every Night For Hollandia Yogurt. by UrWorstNitemare: 5:45pm On Dec 02, 2016
Definitely wat her CHI demands.. ODD WORLD!

2 Likes

Re: My 3 Year Old Wakes Up Screaming Every Night For Hollandia Yogurt. by InformedLola(f): 5:46pm On Dec 02, 2016
Stop giving her so she can forget about it. It will be tough at first but she will eventually forget.

9 Likes

Re: My 3 Year Old Wakes Up Screaming Every Night For Hollandia Yogurt. by sisisioge: 6:07pm On Dec 02, 2016
Whew! You are gonna be strong to do all that need to be done to wane her. Stop giving her, offer her water instead. If she doesn't take it then wait it out with her until she tires.

No yoghurt! If she like let her scream the roof down, tough it out until she sees it's not gonna happen again. She would soon settle down. Good luck.

8 Likes

Re: My 3 Year Old Wakes Up Screaming Every Night For Hollandia Yogurt. by Franky826: 6:07pm On Dec 02, 2016
Op there is no better practical way than to be defiant to her request. There is no better way to wean a child of breast milk if not to stop it. Make em cry for 1week, it will be tormenting for you and the child but if em no see am for one week e go adjust and respect emself.

Don't say am brute. Experience they say is the best teacher.

7 Likes

Re: My 3 Year Old Wakes Up Screaming Every Night For Hollandia Yogurt. by Onegai(f): 6:17pm On Dec 02, 2016
Hollandia Yorghurt is a lot of sugar, stabiliser and artificial flavour and very little yorghurt. It's not healthy and should be something given, max, a week. Stop giving her. She will fight you but eventually will adjust. Give her water. Make sure she has eaten a proper meal before bedtime (I have to mention, Indomie is not a healthy meal, no matter what NSN endorsed them, no Dr or other country does).

2 Likes

Re: My 3 Year Old Wakes Up Screaming Every Night For Hollandia Yogurt. by Coyotejack(m): 6:31pm On Dec 02, 2016
OP u must wean ur child of the hollandia yoghurt,
Please try this method over a soace of 2weeks
First two days if he cries give him , the. The next day try and pour it in a cup and see if he will agree if that works reduce the content of the cup at ur discretion and try that for the next 4days to see if he takes the drink from the cup, if that's successful gradually mix the hollandia with tiny bits of water over the next 4 days , then wean him off with just enof water before sleep so he doesn't wake up in the nite to pee.......
Re: My 3 Year Old Wakes Up Screaming Every Night For Hollandia Yogurt. by LewsTherin: 7:13pm On Dec 02, 2016
Coyotejack:
First two days if he cries give him , the. The next day try and pour it in a cup and see if he will agree if that works reduce the content of the cup at ur discretion and try that for the next 4days to see if he takes the drink from the cup, if that's successful gradually mix the hollandia with tiny bits of water over the next 4 days , then wean him off with just enof water before sleep so he doesn't wake up in the nite to pee.......

I like this advise CoyoteStark. (Sorry been watching bleach again) I mean Coyotejack. OP has already made a mistake. Stopping cold turkey will be very difficult and painful for all parties Op, wifey and everyone within hearing distance included. So I agree with this gradual process. In addition cut down on other sweet sugary stuff she takes.
Re: My 3 Year Old Wakes Up Screaming Every Night For Hollandia Yogurt. by Tyche(m): 10:17pm On Dec 02, 2016
Lol, I love kids
Re: My 3 Year Old Wakes Up Screaming Every Night For Hollandia Yogurt. by Fortissimo502: 3:11am On Dec 03, 2016
My nephew used to do that. His dad started spanking him and that solved it.
Re: My 3 Year Old Wakes Up Screaming Every Night For Hollandia Yogurt. by Coyotejack(m): 3:27am On Dec 03, 2016
LewsTherin:

I like this advise CoyoteStark. (Sorry been watching bleach again) I mean Coyotejack. OP has already made a mistake. Stopping cold turkey will be very difficult and painful for all parties Op, wifey and everyone within hearing distance included. So I agree with this gradual process. In addition cut down on other sweet sugary stuff she takes.

Actually coined the name from bleach esparda primera......
So no offence taken....
Re: My 3 Year Old Wakes Up Screaming Every Night For Hollandia Yogurt. by Kakamorufu(m): 7:17am On Dec 03, 2016
stop giving her jare.

1 Like

Re: My 3 Year Old Wakes Up Screaming Every Night For Hollandia Yogurt. by baby124: 4:42pm On Dec 03, 2016
Spoilt child. Can you imagine? Real drama queen you have on your hands there. As she picks the most quiet and sleepy time of the morning to make her demands. Stop taking the yoghurt in her presence or giving her when she wakes up. Just give her water. Let her cry her eyes out one day, and she won't do that nonsense again. Toddlers are something else. Very cunning.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 3 Year Old Wakes Up Screaming Every Night For Hollandia Yogurt. by dangotesmummy: 5:53pm On Dec 03, 2016
In jenifas voice

*rada rada*

Why do parents of this generation not know the difference between taking care of a child and over pampering them

Clearly you're doing the latter and she's getting used to the overundulgence

You're training her to have entitlement mentality. It's either she has whatever she wants whenever or nobody has peace

You no go find better cane and flog the foolishness out of her.continue spoiling her rotten.omo mummy. Mummys pet

It's her type that will grow up and ask mummy for something and if mummy says no or not now she will go and be begging men for gifts till they take advantage of her

YOU as a parent should be able to train them and instill in them that breakfast is 8am lunch 12 and supper latest 6.30 ANY nonsense wen wen cry should be met with cane.if you flog her for crying for yoghurt first and second time she won't wake up crying indiscipline crying
Where's efemena sef
Oya cococandy You too
Tearoses
Greatgod
Edwife
Etc

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My 3 Year Old Wakes Up Screaming Every Night For Hollandia Yogurt. by HarmonyDee(f): 6:24pm On Dec 03, 2016
Weird..how did it start sef? ..hollandia at night..
Re: My 3 Year Old Wakes Up Screaming Every Night For Hollandia Yogurt. by dangotesmummy: 6:49pm On Dec 03, 2016
baby124:
Spoilt child. Can you imagine? Real drama queen you have on your hands there. As she picks the most quiet and sleepy time of the morning to make her demands. Stop taking the yoghurt in her presence or giving her when she wakes up. Just give her water. Let her cry her eyes out one day, and she won't do that nonsense again. Toddlers are something else. Very cunning.
exactly

It's deliberate
Re: My 3 Year Old Wakes Up Screaming Every Night For Hollandia Yogurt. by sweetilicious(f): 7:38pm On Dec 03, 2016
Lol children can be very funny. My niece can shout and cry for whatever she wants eh. But it seems she knows its in quantity in the house maybe the reason
Re: My 3 Year Old Wakes Up Screaming Every Night For Hollandia Yogurt. by Mimzyy(f): 8:32am On Dec 04, 2016
Makes sense..

Coyotejack:
Re: My 3 Year Old Wakes Up Screaming Every Night For Hollandia Yogurt. by Nobody: 9:29am On Dec 04, 2016
Don't give her any more yogurt, you are spoiling her.
Re: My 3 Year Old Wakes Up Screaming Every Night For Hollandia Yogurt. by mybad: 5:42am On Dec 26, 2016

It's her type that will grow up and ask mummy for something and if mummy says no or not now she will go and be begging men for gifts till they take advantage of her.

@dangotesmummy
I find this rather embarrassing, especially coming from a parent.
There are better ways to explain yourself rather than speaking ill of an innocent child.

3 Likes

Re: My 3 Year Old Wakes Up Screaming Every Night For Hollandia Yogurt. by dangotesmummy: 10:39pm On Dec 26, 2016
mybad:

@dangotesmummy
I find this rather embarrassing, especially coming from a parent.
There are better ways to explain yourself rather than speaking ill of an innocent child.
smh. I wonder why your ears tingle and you feel uncomfortable whenever you say the truth.anyway you can feel anyhow you want to feel that one no consain Me whether embarassed edgy angry sad happy whatever. That's your cup OF tea.bottonline is that I've passing my message across that read digest n understand before they rant.

If stating the obvious means wishing ill of an innocent child, ok undecided
Re: My 3 Year Old Wakes Up Screaming Every Night For Hollandia Yogurt. by FameG(f): 6:00pm On Dec 27, 2016
dangotesmummy:
smh. I wonder why your ears tingle and you feel uncomfortable whenever you say the truth.anyway you can feel anyhow you want to feel that one no consain Me whether embarassed edgy angry sad happy whatever. That's your cup OF tea.bottonline is that I've passing my message across that read digest n understand before they rant.

If stating the obvious means wishing ill of an innocent child, ok undecided

Sis u harsh o. U made some good point but said it in a very harsh manner.

At OP, just wean d child off it. Moreover it is because u av enough supply of hollandia youghurt in ur house if not where wld u have gotten to give ur child before. Please lets teach our children they can only have wat dey want at the right time
Re: My 3 Year Old Wakes Up Screaming Every Night For Hollandia Yogurt. by dangotesmummy: 7:27pm On Dec 27, 2016
FameG:

Sis u harsh o. U made some good point but said it in a very harsh manner.

At OP, just wean d child off it. Moreover it is because u av enough supply of hollandia youghurt in ur house if not where wld u have gotten to give ur child before. Please lets teach our children they can only have wat dey want at the right time
henn. So those boli sellers or roasted corn sellers that force ogi or garri into their children's mouth nko?those children don't complain afterall.

Ogede baje lo eni o'npan
Re: My 3 Year Old Wakes Up Screaming Every Night For Hollandia Yogurt. by dfrost: 7:39pm On Dec 27, 2016
Parents, very funny bunch. cheesy grin We all want the best for our wards albeit using different ways. All advice to the op are okay. It's left for the op to take the positives and leave out the negatives.

Just wane the LO gradually. He/she will eventually come through. Shalom.
Re: My 3 Year Old Wakes Up Screaming Every Night For Hollandia Yogurt. by delpee(f): 10:07pm On Dec 27, 2016
sisisioge:
Whew! You are gonna be strong to do all that need to be done to wane her. Stop giving her, offer her water instead. If she doesn't take it then wait it out with her until she tires.

No yoghurt! If she like let her scream the roof down, tough it out until she sees it's not gonna happen again. She would soon settle down. Good luck.

@Op
The truth is she'll get used to doing without yoghurt if you're strong enough to weather the storm. That's how I handled my kids when they were very young. Make sure she's in a comfortable position to cry herself to sleep so she doesn't get hurt while throwing tantrums. Ignore the noise, she'll get tired and calm down after a while.

If she gets used to holding you to ransom, it will only get worse as she grows older. That's how unruly, self centred and inconsiderate kids are bred. Avoid it. Like my mum used to say, ekun o ki npa omode. ( Literally -Weeping won't kill a child).

2 Likes

Re: My 3 Year Old Wakes Up Screaming Every Night For Hollandia Yogurt. by blank(f): 1:31am On Jan 03, 2017
Don't try to gradually wean her off it, you will be drawing out the process. Stop the hollandia totally whether before sleeping or during the night. Let her cry it out for as long as she wants but only offer water. Don't make the mistake of giving in because you will be reinforcing to her that she just needs to scream and she gets what she wants.
Re: My 3 Year Old Wakes Up Screaming Every Night For Hollandia Yogurt. by raumdeuter: 3:08am On Jan 03, 2017
Give her water and add a little Hollandia to give it the flavor
Re: My 3 Year Old Wakes Up Screaming Every Night For Hollandia Yogurt. by OLAFIMIX(f): 11:45am On Jan 03, 2017
You will need Panadol syrup oo grin grin

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Tell A Friend I Have Outgrown Him / I won't marry you cos your mother has "Cancer" / What Are You Teaching Your Children About Hard Work And Responsibility?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.