Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,098 members, 7,814,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:05 PM

Umuchukwu Turning to Nigeria's Dubai? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umuchukwu Turning to Nigeria's Dubai? (6983 Views)

Chei! This Is Umuchukwu High Court Build By Dr Godwin Maduka / See What Is Coming Up In A Rural Community Of Umuchukwu Anambra State! / The Communal War Rages On; Nkerehi And Umuchukwu (a Village With Two Names) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Umuchukwu Turning to Nigeria's Dubai? by investnow2013: 8:17pm On Dec 02, 2016
Do you remember the skyscraper world class hospital that is being built in Umuchukwu community in Orumba south local govt area of Anambra state, singlehandedly financed by Igbo American based Medical Doctor Godwin Mmaduka? This is the finished project. This same man singlehandedly build two giant churches of Catholic and Anglican denominations in his community, federal high court, more than 50 housing unit, police command, road networks and other amenities all in his remote community which is fast turning to little Dubai of sort. Ndi Igbo cheta Aku ruo Uno. Visit Umuchukwu this Xmas for sightseeing.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umuchukwu Turning to Nigeria's Dubai? by investnow2013: 8:18pm On Dec 02, 2016
Great Transformation!!!

3 Likes

Re: Umuchukwu Turning to Nigeria's Dubai? by investnow2013: 8:19pm On Dec 02, 2016
UMUCHUKWU HIGH COURT UMUCHUKWU VILLAGE OF ORUMBA SOUTH LGA OF ANAMBRA STATE

4 Likes

Re: Umuchukwu Turning to Nigeria's Dubai? by investnow2013: 8:19pm On Dec 02, 2016
Wonders can never end in Anambra State!!!. We need The Republic of Anambra State

4 Likes

Re: Umuchukwu Turning to Nigeria's Dubai? by Khd95(m): 8:19pm On Dec 02, 2016
D pix be like 3D graphics

Op give us aeriel and surrounding pix biko

2 Likes

Re: Umuchukwu Turning to Nigeria's Dubai? by investnow2013: 8:22pm On Dec 02, 2016
[quote author=Khd95 post=51582295]D pix be like 3D graphics

Op give us aeriel and surrounding pix biko[/Dr. Godwin Maduka the Teacher

I have done a series on the man before. Single handed, Dr. Godwin Maduka is - or rather- has transformed his town, Umuchukwu.

I have heard about him in the local Fides newspapers, where what he did were enumerated. At first, one would doubt it because no rich man in Nigeria has committed such resources as he is doing in philanthropy.

The first recognition of him was when he visited Government House, when Mr. Peter Obi was the Governor. He made case about the Umuchukwu road and invited the Government to come and do it with him paying 50% of the money. Moved by that and considering all he has done for his people, Mr. Obi told him that Govt would do the road, and it was done!

Have I a thousand mouths, I cannot name all he has done in his town, including the just completed 17- floor building, over 100 houses for widows, police station, Churches, schools, monastery, palace, civic centres, etc

He just completed the best High Court building in Umuchukwu.

A concern man from the town called me and was lamenting the problem they are experiencing towards its commissioning. This should not be so, please whatever problem should be settled and the court commissioned.

Dr. Maduka's gesture is a good example on how to deploy wealth to serve humanity. I say this because in Anambra, we have many rich men who use their wealth to cause confusion rather than help the people.

We must keep encouraging the likes of Maduka.

Attached is the picture of the court. The quarters for the judges are almost completed.quote]

5 Likes

Re: Umuchukwu Turning to Nigeria's Dubai? by ak47mann(m): 8:25pm On Dec 02, 2016
Mennh the building is magnificent umuchu dey try cool

3 Likes

Re: Umuchukwu Turning to Nigeria's Dubai? by Davash222(m): 8:25pm On Dec 02, 2016
Khd95:

Not only 'aeriel', and also, Klin and Omo surrounding pix.

# Hater.

8 Likes

Re: Umuchukwu Turning to Nigeria's Dubai? by investnow2013: 8:27pm On Dec 02, 2016
This is the newly built Magistrate Court, Umuchukwu.

4 Likes

Re: Umuchukwu Turning to Nigeria's Dubai? by Ahmadgani(m): 8:27pm On Dec 02, 2016
I like this

others should follow suite

3 Likes

Re: Umuchukwu Turning to Nigeria's Dubai? by stinggy(m): 9:09pm On Dec 02, 2016
Magnificent edifice. He shouldn't stop doing this, givers never lack.
Re: Umuchukwu Turning to Nigeria's Dubai? by xendra: 9:16pm On Dec 02, 2016
thats nice of him. God bless and increase him in everyway.

4 Likes

Re: Umuchukwu Turning to Nigeria's Dubai? by ChimaAdeoye: 9:21pm On Dec 02, 2016
Patiently waiting for afonjas to land and devour grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Umuchukwu Turning to Nigeria's Dubai? by Nobody: 9:59pm On Dec 02, 2016
Wow! That is a large heart.

1 Like

Re: Umuchukwu Turning to Nigeria's Dubai? by dreamwords: 10:08pm On Dec 02, 2016
Meanwhile in BRR(brown roof republic) afonjas be like

10 Likes

Re: Umuchukwu Turning to Nigeria's Dubai? by Call07034780891: 10:15pm On Dec 02, 2016
You guys are already throwing unnecessary jabs. Na wao..

3 Likes

Re: Umuchukwu Turning to Nigeria's Dubai? by BlackPikiN(m): 12:39am On Dec 03, 2016
Why is this not on the front page?
Re: Umuchukwu Turning to Nigeria's Dubai? by Nobody: 12:52am On Dec 03, 2016
This is great. I can't recall Dangote doing anything like this in the North,only how to acquire NLNG he is thinking of. Kudos to this Mister,the man is a government.
Re: Umuchukwu Turning to Nigeria's Dubai? by nwabobo: 2:12am On Dec 03, 2016
Khd95:

2 Likes

Re: Umuchukwu Turning to Nigeria's Dubai? by cedar3: 2:40am On Dec 03, 2016
now this is how to perform social responsibilities,
God bless you Sir.
This should be pushed to the FrontPage for the world to see.

Viva Anambra State!

Viva Biafra!!

Viva Black Race!!!

6 Likes

Re: Umuchukwu Turning to Nigeria's Dubai? by basilo102: 3:24am On Dec 03, 2016
BlackPikiN:
Why is this not on the front page?
it has made front page before, we need something new
Re: Umuchukwu Turning to Nigeria's Dubai? by investnow2013: 3:25am On Dec 03, 2016
Billyonaire:
Wow! That is a large heart.
Re: Umuchukwu Turning to Nigeria's Dubai? by Rossikki: 4:27am On Dec 03, 2016
OP, do you actually know what a ''skyscraper'' is?
Re: Umuchukwu Turning to Nigeria's Dubai? by mensdept: 4:34am On Dec 03, 2016
UUm, is there any real master plan because I see structures in the bush..just saying

1 Like

Re: Umuchukwu Turning to Nigeria's Dubai? by chiefobdk(m): 4:58am On Dec 03, 2016
Rossikki:
OP, do you actually know what a ''skyscraper'' is?

dat is a skyscraper. 17 floors. na waa for u

9 Likes

Re: Umuchukwu Turning to Nigeria's Dubai? by excess4luv: 6:39am On Dec 03, 2016
Afonjas will be hating and running away from this thread, Dr. Mmaduka is doing great things in umuchukwu, the blue building can be seen from afar while coming from Ogbunka to Owelle Izukala.

Kudos to him

6 Likes

Re: Umuchukwu Turning to Nigeria's Dubai? by Splinz(m): 6:44am On Dec 03, 2016
This is real development! God bless him.
Re: Umuchukwu Turning to Nigeria's Dubai? by LecciGucci: 7:57am On Dec 03, 2016
mensdept:
UUm, is there any real master plan because I see structures in the bush..just saying

So the whole bushes will be cleared and developed with a twinkle of an eye undecided.

I expected u to be a graduate or atleast undergraduate so.....................think like one!!!
Re: Umuchukwu Turning to Nigeria's Dubai? by koladebrainiac(m): 8:19am On Dec 03, 2016
Dubai??
So just one tower has turn the whole village to dubai?
Lmaoo

I wish ibadan people too can say this because of the cocoa tower.
Re: Umuchukwu Turning to Nigeria's Dubai? by OBAFEMIawolowo: 8:42am On Dec 03, 2016
He should have sited it in Onitsha or awka

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Umuchukwu Turning to Nigeria's Dubai? by Nbote(m): 8:45am On Dec 03, 2016
koladebrainiac:
Dubai??
So just one tower has turn the whole village to dubai?
Lmaoo

I wish ibadan people too can say this because of the cocoa tower.

Why exactly e dey pain? D OP is simply excited with d kind of development happening in a village, a rural settlement at dat and u're here spewing thrash. How many villages nationwide can boost of any meaningful development such as dis? Must u and ur likes carry hate around threads like ur lives depended on it? Has he compared it with ur ibadan or any other state capital or major city? Dats how one slowpoke came up with "blood money or drug money" nonsense on one other thread of ppl bringing serious developments to their villages.

4 Likes

Re: Umuchukwu Turning to Nigeria's Dubai? by investnow2013: 12:35pm On Dec 03, 2016
OBAFEMIawolowo:
He should have sited it in Onitsha or awka
He is planning something greater than Awka or Onitsha!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obidients Dig Up Wole Soyinka's Youthful Misadventure (photo) / Buhari Harbours No Ill-will, Grudges Against Anybody – Garba Shehu / Should The Nigerian Govt Regulate The Social Media Space?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.