Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Why The Tithes And Offerings If The Church Can't Help Needy Members? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why The Tithes And Offerings If The Church Can't Help Needy Members? (819 Views)

Church Using POS To Collect Tithes And Offerings. Right Or Wrong? (Picture) / Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" / Givers Embassy: Abuja Church Where Tithes And Offerings Are Not Allowed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why The Tithes And Offerings If The Church Can't Help Needy Members? by Xuccess(m): 9:32pm On Dec 02, 2016
Hello, ''Christians'' in the house.. I'm so pained that i decided to open this thread... Myself and my mum are members of a church (Name with held). Though, my mum is a worker, i see myself as just a member. We do pay our tithes and offerings.. And for close to 6years, we've been members of this church. Recently, my mum fell ill. I was lost, devastated and confused on what to do due to the nature of her ailment (Liver). No one to run to. No one to help. No place to go. All my savings from my mini scale business were put into her health but to no avail. I was told she'll need a surgery. I became perplexed and almost dying of thinking. With no help, even from the heavens, i decided to go to the church. Complained to the Pastor. He sent someone with me to the Hospital. After they (church) learnt of the expenses to be made to save her life, they said we should seek the lord.. I was confused. I pleaded for financial help to help save her life. Even if it were to be as a loan. But the church, i'll say refused. Because after that visit, no one cared or bothered to know how she was doing until i lost my Precious mum.. After her death, i don't know how they got to know, came and promised to lay her to ''rest in the lord.'' i refused and asked for her to be kept at the mortuary until i'm able to bury her.
I've decided to stop going to church as the can't help. They only want, want and want.
So, i'm asking, why are we paying tithes and offerings
Re: Why The Tithes And Offerings If The Church Can't Help Needy Members? by xtivin(m): 9:39pm On Dec 02, 2016
Tithes and offerings are not meant for members. They are meant for the priests and ministers of God and for doing the things pertaining to God which are too many to mention..Jesus said it that the worker is worthy of his wage

1 Like

Re: Why The Tithes And Offerings If The Church Can't Help Needy Members? by Xuccess(m): 9:42pm On Dec 02, 2016
xtivin:
Tithes and offerings are not meant for members. They are meant for the priests and ministers of God and for doing the things pertaining to God which are too many to mention..Jesus said it that the worker is worthy of his wage

Tithe aside, where's the help the church is rendering? Just like a farmer who only cultivate, but never harvest. Even when he's hungry.

1 Like

Re: Why The Tithes And Offerings If The Church Can't Help Needy Members? by xtivin(m): 9:56pm On Dec 02, 2016
Xuccess:

Tithe aside, where's the help the church is rendering? Just like a farmer who only cultivate, but never harvest. Even when he's Hungry.
The church is not a charity home, It's major function is to give spiritual food to both believers and unbelievers to the glory of God. It's not a place you come to make money and smile home,its help is spiritual. Although many have turned it to a business centre but I tell you Jesus warned against such practices
Re: Why The Tithes And Offerings If The Church Can't Help Needy Members? by Miles300: 11:37pm On Dec 02, 2016
xtivin:
.what are u even saying , if love and care can't be found in the house of God , so what is the essence of going to church in the first place , didn't David and his men eat bread from the temple of God ... Abeg stop such miss leading comment
Re: Why The Tithes And Offerings If The Church Can't Help Needy Members? by Miles300: 11:39pm On Dec 02, 2016
xtivin:

The church is not a charity home, It's major function is to give spiritual food to both believers and unbelievers to the glory of God. It's not a place you come to make money and smile home,its help is spiritual. Although many have turned it to a business centre but I tell you Jesus warned against such practices
stop such misleading comment biko
Re: Why The Tithes And Offerings If The Church Can't Help Needy Members? by xtivin(m): 11:57pm On Dec 02, 2016
Miles300:
stop such misleading comment biko
The MAJOR function of the church is not where you go to eat bread,even though it cater for needs but it's not a major function Sir.. If the church MAIN function is cater for needs who will pay the tithes when everybody is needy?

O.P am sorry about the loss of your mum and mayb that particular church has its own shortcoming but my argument is that though the church should show some care but it's not a major responsibility of the church to carry the load of every member rather members should carry each other burdens not the church.God bless
Re: Why The Tithes And Offerings If The Church Can't Help Needy Members? by Miles300: 2:50am On Dec 03, 2016
xtivin:

The MAJOR function of the church is not where you go to eat bread,even though it cater for needs but it's not a major function Sir.. If the church MAIN function is cater for needs who will pay the tithes when everybody is needy?

O.P am sorry about the loss of your mum and mayb that particular church has its own shortcoming but my argument is that though the church should show some care but it's not a major responsibility of the church to carry the load of every member rather members should carry each other burdens not the church.God bless
who is the church ? Are people not wat makes up the church ? Can't member love and care for one another ,what happens if contribution is made for a member in dire needs , must the money for help come from tithe ? I understand ur point bro .. Wen I say church I meant members helping out .
Re: Why The Tithes And Offerings If The Church Can't Help Needy Members? by ScienceWatch: 8:21pm On Dec 04, 2016
This very interesting[ ! You will find the best answers here:

Gods miracle healings in the Holy Scoan Church have no negative side effects.
The Holy Prophet TB Joshua says, “It is a sin for sick people to go into any church of JESUS CHRIST and go home the same.” It is written, “Jesus and His Pastors healed everyone.” Freely – No charge!

It was never seen before, how many thousands of people are helped financially for studies and any other need.

The Holy Prophet TB Joshua freely gives evidence of scientific medically verifiable truth in the church and on Emmanuel TV and youtube.com 24hrs per day, 7 days per week.

Not that medical science can ever be the judge here, as history sadly proves. Science is entrenched in materialism, GOD IS SPIRIT.
In the Holy Scoan Church, Nigeria, people of many different religions and belief systems from all over the world are healed and delivered from demonic possession completely and then is often verified by a lower role player known as medical science.

The abundance of live testimonies is breath-taking. The Holy Prophet TB Joshua says, “It is a sin for sick people to go into any church of JESUS CHRIST and go home the same.” It is written, “Jesus and His Pastors healed everyone.” Freely – No charge !

(What are these WORKS that Jesus always refer to ?
They are the miracles, prophecy, signs and wonders. Jesus also instructs all pastors, ministers, evangelists to do the same, He says to them,”As my father sent me, so send I you.” )
quote author=Xuccess post=51584076]Hello, ''Christians'' in the house.. I'm so pained that i decided to open this thread... Myself and my mum are members of a church (Name with held). Though, my mum is a worker, i see myself as just a member. We do pay our tithes and offerings.. And for close to 6years, we've been members of this church. Recently, my mum fell ill. I was lost, devastated and confused on what to do due to the nature of her ailment (Liver). No one to run to. No one to help. No place to go. All my savings from my mini scale business were put into her health but to no avail. I was told she'll need a surgery. I became perplexed and almost dying of thinking. With no help, even from the heavens, i decided to go to the church. Complained to the Pastor. He sent someone with me to the Hospital. After they (church) learnt of the expenses to be made to save her life, they said we should seek the lord.. I was confused. I pleaded for financial help to help save her life. Even if it were to be as a loan. But the church, i'll say refused. Because after that visit, no one cared or bothered to know how she was doing until i lost my Precious mum.. After her death, i don't know how they got to know, came and promised to lay her to ''rest in the lord.'' i refused and asked for her to be kept at the mortuary until i'm able to bury her.
I've decided to stop going to church as the can't help. They only want, want and want.
So, i'm asking, why are we paying tithes and offerings[/quote]
Re: Why The Tithes And Offerings If The Church Can't Help Needy Members? by Xuccess(m): 8:51pm On Dec 04, 2016
ScienceWatch:
This very interesting[ ! You will find the best answers here:

Gods miracle healings in the Holy Scoan Church have no negative side effects.
The Holy Prophet TB Joshua says, “It is a sin for sick people to go into any church of JESUS CHRIST and go home the same.” It is written, “Jesus and His Pastors healed everyone.” Freely – No charge!

It was never seen before, how many thousands of people are helped financially for studies and any other need.

The Holy Prophet TB Joshua freely gives evidence of scientific medically verifiable truth in the church and on Emmanuel TV and youtube.com 24hrs per day, 7 days per week.

Not that medical science can ever be the judge here, as history sadly proves. Science is entrenched in materialism, GOD IS SPIRIT.
In the Holy Scoan Church, Nigeria, people of many different religions and belief systems from all over the world are healed and delivered from demonic possession completely and then is often verified by a lower role player known as medical science.

The abundance of live testimonies is breath-taking. The Holy Prophet TB Joshua says, “It is a sin for sick people to go into any church of JESUS CHRIST and go home the same.” It is written, “Jesus and His Pastors healed everyone.” Freely – No charge !

(What are these WORKS that Jesus always refer to ?
They are the miracles, prophecy, signs and wonders. Jesus also instructs all pastors, ministers, evangelists to do the same, He says to them,”As my father sent me, so send I you.” )
quote author=Xuccess post=51584076]Hello, ''Christians'' in the house.. I'm so pained that i decided to open this thread... Myself and my mum are members of a church (Name with held). Though, my mum is a worker, i see myself as just a member. We do pay our tithes and offerings.. And for close to 6years, we've been members of this church. Recently, my mum fell ill. I was lost, devastated and confused on what to do due to the nature of her ailment (Liver). No one to run to. No one to help. No place to go. All my savings from my mini scale business were put into her health but to no avail. I was told she'll need a surgery. I became perplexed and almost dying of thinking. With no help, even from the heavens, i decided to go to the church. Complained to the Pastor. He sent someone with me to the Hospital. After they (church) learnt of the expenses to be made to save her life, they said we should seek the lord.. I was confused. I pleaded for financial help to help save her life. Even if it were to be as a loan. But the church, i'll say refused. Because after that visit, no one cared or bothered to know how she was doing until i lost my Precious mum.. After her death, i don't know how they got to know, came and promised to lay her to ''rest in the lord.'' i refused and asked for her to be kept at the mortuary until i'm able to bury her.
So, i'm asking, why are we paying tithes and offerings

How do i get there? I don't know the place. Though i heard it's in lagos. How do i even get transport to go to lagos?
Re: Why The Tithes And Offerings If The Church Can't Help Needy Members? by mrvitalis(m): 9:48pm On Dec 04, 2016
xtivin:
Who told u, u are to pay ur tithe to any body.. . Tites are ment for u to satisfy ur lust while praising the lord
Dec 14 22 read down
Re: Why The Tithes And Offerings If The Church Can't Help Needy Members? by ScienceWatch: 2:59pm On Dec 05, 2016
Xuccess:

How do i get there? I don't know the place. Though i heard it's in lagos. How do i even get transport to go to lagos?
Hi Xuccess,
Before you make plans to go there, you will benefit greatly by first watching the truth about the Holy Scoan Church Lagos Nigeria as it unfolds on the free channel, Emmanuel TV.

It is well know that if you have a genuine need, Contact the church. The holy Prophet TB Joshua will assist you in every way to ensure effective relief. The holy Scoan Church makes it very safe for visitors by personally collecting visitors at the airport.Some info I have that may interest you if you plan to be there ;

The Synagogue, Church Of All Nations Nigeria

What are the arrangements for food and accommodation?
The The Synagogue, Church Of All Nations church has many rooms available for international visitors to stay. The accommodation ranges from dormitories to family rooms to private rooms – all with en-suite hot showers, toilets and air conditioning. There is a special dining room for international visitors where three full meals are served a day. Extra drinks, snacks and toiletries are also all available for purchase at the shop on the church premises.

How long do visitors stay?
Our international visitors normally stay for 7 days (one week). During this time, you will have the opportunity to visit the Faith Resort Ground, attend the various services at the church, watch faith-building videos, listen to life changing testimonies, receive lectures from the man of God, Prophet T.B. Joshua and much more all as the Holy Spirit directs.
Re: Why The Tithes And Offerings If The Church Can't Help Needy Members? by Xuccess(m): 3:03pm On Dec 06, 2016
ScienceWatch:
Hi Xuccess,
Before you make plans to go there, you will benefit greatly by first watching the truth about the Holy Scoan Church Lagos Nigeria as it unfolds on the free channel, Emmanuel TV.

It is well know that if you have a genuine need, Contact the church. The holy Prophet TB Joshua will assist you in every way to ensure effective relief. The holy Scoan Church makes it very safe for visitors by personally collecting visitors at the airport.Some info I have that may interest you if you plan to be there ;

The Synagogue, Church Of All Nations Nigeria

What are the arrangements for food and accommodation?
The The Synagogue, Church Of All Nations church has many rooms available for international visitors to stay. The accommodation ranges from dormitories to family rooms to private rooms – all with en-suite hot showers, toilets and air conditioning. There is a special dining room for international visitors where three full meals are served a day. Extra drinks, snacks and toiletries are also all available for purchase at the shop on the church premises.

How long do visitors stay?
Our international visitors normally stay for 7 days (one week). During this time, you will have the opportunity to visit the Faith Resort Ground, attend the various services at the church, watch faith-building videos, listen to life changing testimonies, receive lectures from the man of God, Prophet T.B. Joshua and much more all as the Holy Spirit directs.

All what you enlisted here still seem to be relating to the high class visitors.
I wish you understand me better.

(1) (Reply)

Gov. Wike Attend 5 Nights Of Glory At Salvation Ministries / Why Jesus Died On The Cross? / What Does Grace Mean To You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.