Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,318 members, 7,815,608 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi (27288 Views)

Meet Oyeyemi Halima: 25-Year-Old LGA Councilor In Osun State (Photos) / Oluwo Of Iwo Offers To Bear Buhari’s Sickness, Says President Deserves 8 Years / Cash And Firearms Recovered From Justice Ademola Tendered In Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by kalebsky: 12:03pm On Dec 04, 2016
Agimor:
This is long due if you ask me. How will someone be in the high way without anything to protect his or herself bearing in mind how dangerous the highway maybe.

Is it their Job to protect or safety.. why then do you need firearm..
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 04, 2016
Moheat:

They need arms to deal with "mentally incapacitated" people like you on the road. I owe no apology for using that word cos I borrowed it from you. How can a responsible citizen call FRSC personnel mentally incapacitated? They are human being for God sake, they are peoples husbands, brothers, sisters. I don't even have time but pleáse criticize constructively whenever issues like these are up for debate better keep quite.
oh please dumbass u are clearly the mentally incapacitated one as i brought up reasons why frsc shouldnt be given guns but u clearly avoided responding to that and chose to respond to an insult u started. sick F00L go check the pics i uploaded, who else will behave insuch manner other than mentally incapaciated individuals. sorry are u about to cry cos ur father an frsc official or one of ur relatives is an frsc official? duhh too bad for u. i wont be sorry for tagging them mentally incapaciated individuals because over time their behaviours have proven that fact. u can cry all u want biitch nigga
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by Moheat(m): 12:10pm On Dec 04, 2016
uxdesigner:

its ur brain dats not working na, the useless training that police got is what made a drunk policeman shoot at a nairalander while he was in his car. the shatterred glass penetrated his skin. the same trainned police officials came to their facebook page to deny that a bullet didnt hit the guy.
u need to debug ur brain

The problem with you guys is, you criticize without coming up with any sensible solution. They need arms to deal with recalcitrant road users like you. QED
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by Nobody: 12:12pm On Dec 04, 2016
Moheat:

The problem with you guys is, you criticize without coming up with any sensible solution. They need arms to deal with recalcitrant road users like you. QED
i bet ur crazed head didnt see this. u looking for a sensible solution dummy, theres one down there

Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by wasuka14(m): 12:22pm On Dec 04, 2016
sarrki:
I don't think we are matured for this
pls which contractor is handling jebba mokwa axis of ilorin mokwa road??. I think the consern agency should pls come to the rescue of traders and communters who have no ulternative than to ply that road daily. Many traders who are just managing to survive in this recession are daily been hit due to the poor condition of this road. If govt does not ready to fix the road, but they should atleast give frsc or any consern agency at jebba, good working crane to remove falling vehicles from the road to atleast ease the flow of the trafic. Staying 2 or 3 days with perishable goods is not sweet to the traders. And is not the best govt can do to her genuine hardworking citizen. You need to see what many peole are facing on that road daily. And many other spots like that accross the country.
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by Moheat(m): 12:23pm On Dec 04, 2016
uxdesigner:

i bet ur crazed head didnt see this. u looking for a sensible solution dummy, theres one down there

And you called this a solution? If you keep attaching policemen to ever FRSC patrol team, how many policemen will be left to do their own duties?. FRSC is a security outfit, they need to bear arms otherwise why are they called securities if they keep going to the road with just writing pen and papers. we don't need to keep dwelling on this I just hope they are giving arms.
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by Nobody: 12:30pm On Dec 04, 2016
Moheat:

And you called this a solution? If you keep attaching policemen to ever FRSC patrol team, how many policemen will be left to do their own duties?. FRSC is a security outfit, they need to bear arms otherwise why are they called securities if they keep going to the road with just writing pen and papers. we don't need to keep dwelling on this I just hope they are giving arms.
baba do u know how many security details that are following those cluseless senators, house of reps members, ministers etc yet theres no shortage of policemen. quit thinking like a pessimist. if security details are attached to frsc officials on active duty, there will still be sufficient policemen left to do their jobs. many policemen are idling away in their various police stations. u cant justify giving guns to mentally incapacitated individuals who are popularly known for harassing innocent motorists.
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by Moheat(m): 12:41pm On Dec 04, 2016
uxdesigner:

baba do u know how many security details that are following those cluseless senators, house of reps members, ministers etc yet theres no shortage of policemen. quit thinking like a pessimist. if security details are attached to frsc officials on active duty, there will still be sufficient policemen left to do their jobs. many policemen are idling away in their various police stations. u cant justify giving guns to mentally incapacitated individuals who are popularly known for harassing innocent motorists.

"Mentally incapacitated" road users trying hard to justify why guns shouldn't be given to FRSC officials for self defense. Most road users who know what they are doing won't have problem with this news though.

I have heard severally on the news and also witnessed brutal harassment of security personnel especially FRSC by Driver's Union, thugs among others in their various formations just because they aren't armed.
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by jerusalem101: 12:41pm On Dec 04, 2016
The arms they are yearning for, what is it for? please the Govt should be specific. Is it for erring motorist or other criminal elements, this is a disaster in the making.

Imagine a FRSC operatives shooting at a moving vehicle full of passengers, simply because the driver refuses to stop.

God please come to the rescue of Nigerians by installing a right thinking brain on the heads of our ignorance and semi illiterate ruling class.
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 04, 2016
Moheat:

"Mentally incapacitated" road users trying hard to justify why guns shouldn't be given to FRSC officials for self defense. Most road users who know what they are doing won't have problem with this news though.

I have heard severally on the news and also witnessed brutal harassment of security personnel especially FRSC by Driver's Union, thugs among others in their various formations just because they aren't armed.
i can see u have selective reasoning and comprehension. if u follow the news particularly first hand experiences of motorists shared through twitter u wont be sayn this trash. so what then will be the succor of motorists who have always been harassed unjustly by frsc officials? is the solution now to give these same officials guns? i can c how retarted ur reasoning is.

i still put up a picture of how an frsc official caused an accident and because of dat he got the beating of his life yet u kept quiet on that. i made reference to how an frsc official harassed a lady because he thought she had incomplete papers before even going through them yet ur sick mind ignored that.
mayb cos this is nairaland, in person i wont even give u room to air ur sick and pathetic views on why frsc officials should be given guns
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by xssien: 12:52pm On Dec 04, 2016
BEFORE I BEGIN MY STATEMENT I WANT YOU TO READ THIS SIMPLE ARTICLES
Cross River State deputy governor, Prof. Ivara Esu, yesterday rated the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) high, saying it remains the most disciplined para-military organization in Nigeria.

This is even as the FRSC’s Corps Marshal, Boboye Oyeyemi, expressed optimism that the 260km super highway project embarked upon by Governor the Ben Ayade’s led administration will alleviate the hardship faced by commuters in Cross River State.

Esu stated this while flagging off the 2015 Ember Months Campaign Rally of the FRSC, held in Calabar, Cross River State.

He explained that inspite of the prevailing and reported cases of extortion among other para-military organizations in Nigeria, the conduct of the FRSC personnel over the years have been quite exemplary.

“The FRSC is the most discipline para-military organization we have in Nigeria today.

Discipline in the sense that it is one Corps in which corruption that is prime on the road side is very much reduced among its personnel; if at all it exist.

I have never had the opportunity to see any road Marshal collecting money and letting you pass if you break the law.

We want it to continue that way because that is one way of ensuring the reduction of road accident on our roads”, he said.

While emphasizing the need for motorists to always imbibe safety consciousness and consider other road users, Boboye also cautioned that when completed the 260km highway should be used in conformity with traffic regulations.

Represented by Assistant Corps Marshal Austine Ipoh, the Corps Marshal said this year’s campaign in Cross River State must go beyond the street rallies because it is quite strategic.

According to him, “I therefore use this medium to acknowledge the efforts of Governor Ben Ayade to construct the 260km super high way dual carriage from Calabar to northern part of Nigeria.

It is expected that when completed the road would not only alleviate the hardship faced by commuters, but would be used in strict conformity with traffic regulations.

The launch of this ember month campaign in Cross River State is strategic and I fully align with it, but it must go beyond the street rallies.

I solicit your support to imbibe safety consciousness and consideration to other road users, as you travel to celebrate the festivities with your loved ones.”

The event attracted representatives of National Union of Road Transport Workers’ (NURTW), ABC Transport Company, the police, army, NSCDC and among others.
http://leadership.ng/news/476575/frsc-most-disciplined-para-military-organization-in-nigeria-deputy-gov

Guys, I can only nod my head in agreement...

But then see read this

An FRSC official got beaten up by a huge man today after his Mercedes was forcefully halted by the official's bike for making a call while driving.

According to AfricanEye, an FRSC bike carrying two officials speedily overtook a mercedez 4matic along wuse 2 and suddenly parked in front of his moving vehicle. The sudden stopped caused a clash between the vehicle and the bike leaving both officials thrown to the ground. Both officials quickly got back to their feet while one tried making a call.
The infuriated driver alighted his vehicle shouting on top of his voice "are you mad?" dashed towards the officials, collected the phone and smashed it on the ground. The man held the rider by his neck and tried strangling him and shouting "I'll kill you today, look at this mad man" .

The other official sighting the trouble moved to a side of the road and watched his partner being beaten up even after people had come to his rescue.The man stopped the assault at intervals to explain what happened to the onlookers before resuming his beating session. All the while, the official didn't raise a finger back as all he kept saying was "I saw you making a call while driving, you are not above the law"

It took the intervention of the police to end the scenario before the man was calmly led away in his car to a nearby observation point.

Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by Moheat(m): 1:13pm On Dec 04, 2016
uxdesigner:

i can see u have selective reasoning and comprehension. if u follow the news particularly first hand experiences of motorists shared through twitter u wont be sayn this trash. so what then will be the succor of motorists who have always been harassed unjustly by frsc officials? is the solution now to give these same officials guns? i can c how retarted ur reasoning is.

i still put up a picture of how an frsc official caused an accident and because of dat he got the beating of his life yet u kept quiet on that. i made reference to how an frsc official harassed a lady because he thought she had incomplete papers before even going through them yet ur sick mind ignored that.
mayb cos this is nairaland, in person i wont even give u room to air ur sick and pathetic views on why frsc officials should be given guns

The fact that few FRSC officials misbehaved doesn't mean they are not good. I have heard several positive testimonies on how FRSC rescued crash victims, how they provide useful safety tips to people. You can't forced your irrelevant opinion on me. Unfortunately, your opinion ends on Nairaland.
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by sarrki(m): 1:20pm On Dec 04, 2016
Moheat:

The fact that few FRSC officials misbehaved doesn't mean they are not good. I have heard several positive testimonies on how FRSC rescued crash victims, how they provide useful safety tips to people. You can't forced your irrelevant opinion on me. Unfortunately, your opinion ends on Nairaland.

The whole thing doesn't make sense

They are there to prevent accident

Why the arm ?
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by xssien: 1:26pm On Dec 04, 2016
Me and you knows no organization that doesn't have its own misshaps if we are to judge these organization just because it's predecessor's didn't live to our expectations thats where I think we all have to look inward and ask one question AM I PERFECT, HAVE I BEEN 100% EVEN IN MY DOINGS NOT TO GOD BUT TO HUMANITY AND THE NATION IT'S SELF I won't say much but if your are in thier shoes and you witness every of this patiently sinz February 18th 1988 even after the bill (arms bearing) was passed since 2007 such brutality and different act constituted by recalcitrant Drivers my fellow nigerian if we were to be frank with our self we will look inwards and ask what's force when theres no tools to use during enforcement give them gun if it will reduce what kills more than HIV, MILLER IA AND STD's have you payed for your relatives in a hospital during road traffic crash you don't waste time to source out the money if giving this people guns will make that Driver not to overload do it if you see those men with gun will make you wear your seat belt accept it if giving this men guns will keep you from noking down that woman's husband that boys father that girls brother in Frsc uniform give them THANK YOU
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by Moheat(m): 1:33pm On Dec 04, 2016
sarrki:

The whole thing doesn't make sense

They are there to prevent accident

Why the arm ?

Thank you bro! The arms are meant for self defence. They are very vulnerable to attack by hoodlums. I have seen civilians beating FRSC officials on different occasions. Staying on the highway unarmed is perilous.
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 04, 2016
Moheat:

lol are u jst noticing ur irrelevant opinions also ends here on nairaland because no well thinking individual will give u room to air yours in public. dummy u think its jst few frsc officals that erred? so is it imaginary frsc officials that lagosians keep complaining about as far back as 2013? u still need to debug ur brain. ur selective comprehension is really making u myopic to think anything u dnt undertand or hear about isnt real.
na because i dey reply u na, if i stop responding atleast no one will have be reading ur sick comments
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by Nobody: 1:38pm On Dec 04, 2016
Moheat:

Thank you bro! The arms are meant for self defence. They are very vulnerable to attack by hoodlums. I have seen civilians beating FRSC officials on different occasions. Staying on the highway unarmed is perilous.
myopic guy, u dint bother to enquire about y civilians were beating up the frsc official. u see how shallow ur thinking is. so people will just wake up one morning and beat up an frsc official abi? who is an frsc offical to nt get the beating of his life when police men that intentionally cause trouble get beatup by the masses. guy think b4 u talk. i brought up a clear example of how an frsc guy caused an accident and got beat up. do u want to tell me that he should have been equipped with a gun so as to protect himself from the mob after his stupid action? guy u are deranged. i wonder which hole u crawled out from
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by Moheat(m): 1:58pm On Dec 04, 2016
uxdesigner:

lol are u jst noticing ur irrelevant opinions also ends here on nairaland because no well thinking individual will give u room to air yours in public. dummy u think its jst few frsc officals that erred? so is it imaginary frsc officials that lagosians keep complaining about as far back as 2013? u still need to debug ur brain. ur selective comprehension is really making u myopic to think anything u dnt undertand or hear about isnt real.
na because i dey reply u na, if i stop responding atleast no one will have be reading ur sick comments
Stop ranting bro! If they armed go and collect the arms from them. At least the entire nation can't reason like you.

1 Like

Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by delishpot: 9:14pm On Dec 04, 2016
teebell999:

If they scrap them, do you have jobs for them? Bad Belle is what is killing us in Nigeria.
The guns they are giving them is not meant for shooting erring drivers or motorists, but for self defense against mob attacks and to protect themselves against wilful acts of killings by wicked drivers like you!!

grin grin grin I can't shout o
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by hightimefresh: 12:07am On Dec 05, 2016
My God,what are they turning our Nigeria into? they now want war in high way and higher corruption,Some people voted for change and now in hunger strike as if that not enough they are now implementing animal laws,May God help Nigerians and Nigeria my country. cry cry
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by sakbio(m): 11:53am On Dec 05, 2016
It is beta u shud the interview of their boss, he said he has trained 5000 of his men on how to handle fire arms, wat type of skills and training do u still need? FRSC are elite corps and majority of their staff are graduate with BSC,HND,NCE and ND while only few of them are school cert. Tell the us the other requirements needed to carry fire arms.
[q
uote author=BabaO2 post=51592964]
What skill and training set do they have to be carrying firearms? They are useless and shameless able body men. They should be merged with police.[/quote]
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by sakbio(m): 12:05pm On Dec 05, 2016
U people are just envy this organization, so they shud request the service of another organization to do their job for them, do u think one organization can work for another without collecting something, Wat is the essence of calling themselves security / uniform agencies when they cannot secure themselves and why are they undergoing physical training for about six months either trained by nigeria army or other competent organizations, Abeg let's tell ourselves the truth, these people need arms.
delishpot:
Nigerian drivers Don die finish be that o.
Abeg, road safety Don become security outfit?

Then they should work with qualified arm carrying personnel. Yes, they should get assigned Security personel when on duty. Besides, what has road safety got to do with guns? If the government wants, it should create a traffic police department and arm them for security checks on roads. FRSC should not be armed.
FRSC, should train men on First aid, road safety and Emergency care and that is all. They are not out there to catch criminals or track crimes. There are departments built for those sorts of projects.
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by sakbio(m): 12:09pm On Dec 05, 2016
They shud them because u people don't want them to carry arms, each organization has specific roles and job function, let's be sincere to ourselves
quote author=onoerime post=51591065]then merge them with the police. Even the lastma officials are more prone to harrassments and dangers on the high ways. [/quote]
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by sakbio(m): 12:17pm On Dec 05, 2016
What is impending disaster in carry arms by uniform organization, wat is the essence of security organization that can't secure itself. Tell us ur fear if u are not one of the violent motorists.
PaulIdu:

Just can't fathom why anyone will support this impending disaster
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by PaulIdu: 12:30pm On Dec 05, 2016
sakbio:
What is impending disaster in carry arms by uniform organization, wat is the essence of security organization that can't secure itself. Tell us ur fear if u are not one of the violent motorists.

The FRSC was created in 1988 with 3 statutory functions of which security isnt one of ... See below

1. Making the highway safe for motorists and other road users.

2. Recommending works and devices designed to eliminate or minimize accidents on the highways and advising the Federal and State Governments including the Federal Capital Territory Administration and relevant governmental agencies on the localities where such works and devices are required, and

3. Educating motorists and members of the public on the importance of discipline on the highway.

I would expect the FRSC to ask for the following instead of assault rifles

1: Speed radars#

2: Speed Cameras

3: Breathalyzers

4: Ambulances

5: First aid kits

6: Mobile first responder clinic

and not AK47s to kill someone who you were employed to prevent from dying in a motor accident.

Lastly if you do not work for the FRSC I must say you dont have a very sound mind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by willyo(m): 1:01pm On Dec 05, 2016
wole soyinka, u dreams will soon come true...
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by delishpot: 7:46pm On Dec 05, 2016
sakbio:
U people are just envy this organization, so they shud request the service of another organization to do their job for them, do u think one organization can work for another without collecting something, Wat is the essence of calling themselves security / uniform agencies when they cannot secure themselves and why are they undergoing physical training for about six months either trained by nigeria army or other competent organizations, Abeg let's tell ourselves the truth, these people need arms.

Never knew road safety was a security agency. I thought they were meant to protect and regulate the safe ussage of Nigerian roads by vehicles and pedestrians . Also, I never knew anyone wearing Uniforms and trained by a millitary officer is automatically a security personnel and as such, qualified to carry fire arms. Next is NYSC planing to arm it's members cos afterall, corp members are trained by military personnel and they wear uniforms too.
so, tell me, what would the arm carrying personnel collect for working with FRSC?
Anyway , your comments show that you are quite still inexperienced in life. Either you are too young or just not well exposed as an adult.
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by hero2000: 9:52pm On Dec 05, 2016
uxdesigner:

In person you won't give him room to air his views. Na wao! Would you beat up? SMH.
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by cbravo(m): 7:40am On May 26, 2017
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by cbravo3: 7:41am On May 26, 2017
Re: FRSC Now To Bear Firearms – Oyeyemi by Nobody: 1:05pm On Sep 27, 2017
It is good ,but won't they abuse it like their counterpart? Motorist should be weary of this latest development to avoid falling victim of any trigger

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Again, The Economist Says Buhari Will Lose In 2019, Predicts Victory For Atiku / Buhari Scolding His Wife Not Pdp’s Business – Garba Shehu / Heavy Deployment Of Soldiers Good For Rivers People – Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.