Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,407 members, 7,815,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

330-Year-Old Male Land Turtle In Ogbomoso (Photos) - Pets (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / 330-Year-Old Male Land Turtle In Ogbomoso (Photos) (55519 Views)

I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? / 344-Year-Old Tortoise 'Alagba' Is Dead! Tortoise In Soun Of Ogbomoso Dies / See The Two-headed Turtle Discovered In Malaysia (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 330-Year-Old Male Land Turtle In Ogbomoso (Photos) by Aarenasbaba(m): 6:52pm On Dec 03, 2016
That is d name given to one of friend during our days @ FPI ( ijapa soun) because e looks aged
Re: 330-Year-Old Male Land Turtle In Ogbomoso (Photos) by kolaaderin: 7:08pm On Dec 03, 2016
naijacentric:
How do they know the exact age?

Its dated back to the king that started the tradition of keeping the animal. And there has never been any reported death of the creature.
Re: 330-Year-Old Male Land Turtle In Ogbomoso (Photos) by naijacentric(m): 7:22pm On Dec 03, 2016
kolaaderin:

Its dated back to the king that started the tradition of keeping the animal. And there has never been any reported death of the creature.
well said
Re: 330-Year-Old Male Land Turtle In Ogbomoso (Photos) by luciano80(m): 7:49pm On Dec 03, 2016
Please.....i want to believe that someone here in this thread must have observed the "land turtle" yarns and corrected it....THATS A TORTOISE!!!!!!
Enof said.....
Re: 330-Year-Old Male Land Turtle In Ogbomoso (Photos) by Toofan007: 8:18pm On Dec 03, 2016
330yrs in dog years or human?
Re: 330-Year-Old Male Land Turtle In Ogbomoso (Photos) by Ademoore07(m): 9:27pm On Dec 03, 2016
During one of our union protest to the palace in 2007 due to Tombolo menance, I took a pix with alagba. And that was the last time I visited the palace.
Re: 330-Year-Old Male Land Turtle In Ogbomoso (Photos) by Donsammi(m): 9:58pm On Dec 03, 2016
timeboss:
When we tell them that the Yorubas' civilization & existence is as old as the existence of Man, they(flat.ties) cringe & call them brown roof. Your forefathers were still living in thatched roofs when the Yorubas were using corrugated sheets.
Truth is mine!

.grow up...
Re: 330-Year-Old Male Land Turtle In Ogbomoso (Photos) by BushDoctor123: 10:21pm On Dec 03, 2016
Lalasticala dey salivate for were in dey now. No try this one o, e pass your power.
Re: 330-Year-Old Male Land Turtle In Ogbomoso (Photos) by mujybee(f): 10:30pm On Dec 03, 2016
A visit to celebrate d present soun of ogbomoso oyo state as he clocks 90 Long lyf my king

Re: 330-Year-Old Male Land Turtle In Ogbomoso (Photos) by bimchuswhat(f): 10:39pm On Dec 03, 2016
[quote author=Inkman post=51595473]Ogun o ja ja ja ko jalu ogbomoso[/quote
That is why the town can never progress.
Re: 330-Year-Old Male Land Turtle In Ogbomoso (Photos) by OYINDAMOLA2014(m): 10:48pm On Dec 03, 2016
naijacentric:
How do they know the exact age?
the exact age can not be actual but the age of Alagba took place after the then Soun brought it to the palace.
Re: 330-Year-Old Male Land Turtle In Ogbomoso (Photos) by Octaves(m): 11:46pm On Dec 03, 2016
xnsandrxns:

Omo alainiran
Because you people do not have history doesn't mean everybody is like you
Stand corrected
Google that tortoise
I've known about it for years
A little brain won't kill you
because u guys have a juju in your palace doesn't mean we don't have our own history. a little brain? Child, grow up
Re: 330-Year-Old Male Land Turtle In Ogbomoso (Photos) by Octaves(m): 11:51pm On Dec 03, 2016
dreezybines:

You're hearing for the first time,,, Not all of us...
I've known about this tortoise since my pry 2 days...
hmmm! OK o
Re: 330-Year-Old Male Land Turtle In Ogbomoso (Photos) by Octaves(m): 11:52pm On Dec 03, 2016
Sard:

You probably don't live around Oyo state, if you do, you must have heard of the tortoise. There's no hidden agenda or new story about it. The story about it has been passed down from generation to generation.
Besides, tortoises are known to live for more than 500 years, so this tortoise hasn't done anything "special".
didn't know that tortoise live that long
Re: 330-Year-Old Male Land Turtle In Ogbomoso (Photos) by summerflame(m): 2:53am On Dec 04, 2016
ZUBY77:

You mean tortoise is the symbol of your civilization?
.. I am a Yoruba boy, but can't u just ignore him or must u quote his comment?
Re: 330-Year-Old Male Land Turtle In Ogbomoso (Photos) by summerflame(m): 3:05am On Dec 04, 2016
Samirana360:
Afonjo gods
olori buruku ni yin sir
Re: 330-Year-Old Male Land Turtle In Ogbomoso (Photos) by xnsandrxns: 7:13am On Dec 04, 2016
Octaves:
because u guys have a juju in your palace doesn't mean we don't have our own history. a little brain? Child, grow up
See who needs to grow up now
How's that animal juju?
And can you please share that "your history"
I know there's nothing to share
So no need to reply
Have a good week ahead
Re: 330-Year-Old Male Land Turtle In Ogbomoso (Photos) by Octaves(m): 9:14pm On Dec 04, 2016
xnsandrxns:
See who needs to grow up now How's that animal juju? And can you please share that "your history" I know there's nothing to share So no need to reply Have a good week ahead
Re: 330-Year-Old Male Land Turtle In Ogbomoso (Photos) by Octaves(m): 9:14pm On Dec 04, 2016
xnsandrxns:

See who needs to grow up now
How's that animal juju?
And can you please share that "your history"
I know there's nothing to share
So no need to reply
Have a good week ahead
have you ever heard of igboukwu excavations? educate and enlighten yourself. the world doesn't start and end in your village. btw that tortoise is an enigma

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 330-Year-Old Male Land Turtle In Ogbomoso (Photos) by xnsandrxns: 12:17am On Dec 05, 2016
Octaves:
have you ever heard of igboukwu excavations? educate and enlighten yourself. the world doesn't start and end in your village. btw that tortoise is an enigma
Not only igboukwu
Na igbobobby
Stay back in your baby factory republic and don't quote me again
Hateful miscreant
The thread was about Ogbomosho
You brought your flat brainless head to comment rubbish here
Stay the _fuck back in your mud and excavate whatever you want to excavate
Re: 330-Year-Old Male Land Turtle In Ogbomoso (Photos) by Octaves(m): 12:08am On Dec 07, 2016
xnsandrxns:

Not only igboukwu
Na igbobobby
Stay back in your baby factory republic and don't quote me again
Hateful miscreant
The thread was about Ogbomosho
You brought your flat brainless head to comment rubbish here
Stay the _fuck back in your mud and excavate whatever you want to excavate
being informed and enlightened is not by force. you can remain a dumb retard in your ritualist den in ogbomoso
Re: 330-Year-Old Male Land Turtle In Ogbomoso (Photos) by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jun 01, 2019
Highly thought out! Trying it now. angry
Re: 330-Year-Old Male Land Turtle In Ogbomoso (Photos) by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jul 02, 2019
octaves:

lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Dog Made FRSC Officials Free The Boss In Edo State / A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings / Nigerian Dwarf Goat Missing In The US (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.