Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,584 members, 7,823,528 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Why Are Diasporic Nigerians Envious Of Nigerians Back Home? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Diasporic Nigerians Envious Of Nigerians Back Home? (880 Views)

Hurraaaaaaaaaaay!!!! James Ibori Is Coming Back Home Soon! / NOI: 70% Of Nigerians Approves Buhari's 30 Days Performance / American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Diasporic Nigerians Envious Of Nigerians Back Home? by 2Legit2Qui: 6:18pm On Nov 10, 2009
They call it all manner of names, failed system, hell hole, jungle, they call every successful business man corrupt and a government apologist- they abhor Nigeria and the system - they are simply bitter when they see a lot of people making it in the same system they ran away from, a lot of people becoming rich and spinning dough while they have to work their arses where they are, they wonder, how do these people make it in a system we ran away from, a system we call failed, a system we try so well to destroy- pls stop being bitter, envious and jealous, if you are not making it abroad, please come back home instead of ranting on nairaLand.
Re: Why Are Diasporic Nigerians Envious Of Nigerians Back Home? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Nov 10, 2009
Now all this Nigeria @ Home and Nigerians in Diaspora debate is taking a ridiculous dimension. Na wetin now? Make everybody just dey do their own jejely now, why all the beef and diss and hate
Re: Why Are Diasporic Nigerians Envious Of Nigerians Back Home? by Beaf: 6:26pm On Nov 10, 2009
Fools sha embarassed

Yar Adua don pay una? Iliterates have learnt a new word, "diaspora".
These are the days of "AMNESTY".

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6
Re: Why Are Diasporic Nigerians Envious Of Nigerians Back Home? by Kobojunkie: 6:28pm On Nov 10, 2009
@Poster, I have found these threads espousing hate for Diasporas very entertaining. I mean I spend most of my day writing code, and it is nice to get away from all that to spend time reading and posting back and forth’s on meaningless issues such as this one. Good way to waste time and relieve stress on here. grin

PS. No need to create or use new IDs to create yet another one of these threads. grin
Re: Why Are Diasporic Nigerians Envious Of Nigerians Back Home? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Nov 10, 2009
Now all this Nigeria @ Home and Nigerians in Diaspora debate is taking a ridiculous dimension.

WORD !!!
Re: Why Are Diasporic Nigerians Envious Of Nigerians Back Home? by morpheus24: 6:32pm On Nov 10, 2009
naijababe:

WORD !!!

naijas are addicted to beef. Haven't you noticed,
Re: Why Are Diasporic Nigerians Envious Of Nigerians Back Home? by Nobody: 6:35pm On Nov 10, 2009
Way beyond ridiculous!

Why try to establish a divide between countrymen angry angry angry
Re: Why Are Diasporic Nigerians Envious Of Nigerians Back Home? by Kobojunkie: 6:50pm On Nov 10, 2009
wwheelz:

Way beyond ridiculous!

Why try to establish a divide between countrymen angry angry angry

Because as long as those in office can keep the people divided, they can continue to get away with their crimes against the people.
Re: Why Are Diasporic Nigerians Envious Of Nigerians Back Home? by 2Legit2Qui: 6:56pm On Nov 10, 2009
someone once said - some kobo kobo are hard to spend, even by a junkie. Hahahahaha.
Re: Why Are Diasporic Nigerians Envious Of Nigerians Back Home? by dinggle: 7:38pm On Nov 10, 2009
@poster
No one is dragging or bragging Nigeria with u fellas back home!, don't forget that tho! we work our asses out! it is our money that is mostly circulating in your economy, and gives the small man a breathing opportunity. So!, think before the talk and dont talk out of anger, I can understand the fact that you were refused visa multiple times or you are one of the unfortunate deportees.

If the $10 billion Nigerians abroad currently remit home should stop flowing, think of what will happen!!! ritual killing will increase, police brutality will increase, political tugery will increase, criminal activity increase, Kidnappings will increase. What you should be posting here is why yearly budget fail to circulate where diaspora remmittance circulate. Freedom can not be priced, or quantified??, ask the east Germans who risk their lives after the second world war to cross to the west, it wasnt because they didnt have good paying jobs or they were hungry, it was because they were limited in their "travel ability", can you believe that?? a blind man does not know how bad blindness is until he is given the ability to see for a day. I rather live as a poor man and have my freedom that live a rich without my freedom, do u think Bankole and co riding bullet proof cars are happy, they still have that fear factor in them. Check them they all have foreign accounts, that alone tells the Nigerian story, they are all pretenders of wealth and freedom.
Re: Why Are Diasporic Nigerians Envious Of Nigerians Back Home? by 2Legit2Qui: 7:40pm On Nov 10, 2009
dinggle:

@poster
No one is dragging or bragging Nigeria with u fellas back home!, don't forget that tho! we work our asses out! it is our money that is mostly circulating in your economy, and gives the small man a breathing opportunity. So!, think before the talk and dont talk out of anger, I can understand the fact that you were refused visa multiple times or you are one of the unfortunate deportees.

If the $10 billion Nigerians abroad currently remit home should stop flowing, think of what will happen!!! ritual killing will increase, police brutality will increase, political tugery will increase, criminal activity increase, Kidnappings will increase. What you should be posting here is why yearly budget fail to circulate where diaspora remmittance circulate. Freedom can not be priced, or quantified??, ask the east Germans who risk their lives after the second world war to cross to the west, it wasnt because they didnt have good paying jobs or they were hungry, it was because they were limited in their "travel ability", can you believe that?? a blind man does not know how bad blindness is until he is given the ability to see for a day. I rather live as a poor man and have my freedom that live a rich without my freedom, do u think Bankole and co riding bullet proof cars are happy, they still have that fear factor in them. Check them they all have foreign accounts, that alone tells the Nigerian story, they are all pretenders of wealth and freedom.

You remit home to feed your family- do you deserve a national award for that? Nigeria will not die if you fail to send money home, beside, you are paying back the money you raised from your family to travel, so whats the point making it a big deal? Abeg, scratch my butt hole, you send money back home and so what?

Refused visa, this is the ultimate rant- where have you been that others havent been or better? It is lack of anything good to say that makes you think someone is a deportee or refused visa to travel, it is a baby talk, hold no water. say something else.
Re: Why Are Diasporic Nigerians Envious Of Nigerians Back Home? by Beaf: 8:08pm On Nov 10, 2009
2Legit2Qui:

You remit home to feed your family- do you deserve a national award for that? Nigeria will not die if you fail to send money home, beside, you are paying back the money you raised from your family to travel, so whats the point making it a big deal? Abeg, scratch my butt hole, you send money back home and so what?

Refused visa, this is the ultimate rant- where have you been that others havent been or better? It is lack of anything good to say that makes you think someone is a deportee or refused visa to travel, it is a baby talk, hold no water. say something else.

shocked shocked shocked shocked
www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

Why, abi you buy your smelly butt hole for Tesco?
Re: Why Are Diasporic Nigerians Envious Of Nigerians Back Home? by dinggle: 8:11pm On Nov 10, 2009
I feel your anger and pains, if I where in your shoes I would probably respond in same manner, this is what Nigeria has done to you, lack of electricity, go-slow and arguments here and there brings out the anger in you, you have lost your calmness and the ability to see things objectively.
Not everyone loan money to travel, some go on scholarships and others are opportuned either via greencard, visit visa, etc. You have so soon forgotten that alot of Nigerians abroad invested in the NSE, during the global recession alot of you at home were quick to sell your shares, some of us abroad due to distance were unable to do same and some of our funds were the last funds standing!!! I personally couldnt sell mine even tho!, I knew before hand that the bubble burst was gonna affect Nigeria.

Secondly, you have forgotten too soon that many of those buying lands and building houses especially in this difficult times are Nigerian abroad through trusted relatives, and it is the shortfall in available trusted relatives that is slowing down the pace of property investment by Nigerians abroad. You have forgotten that if Nigerian would develop into what it should be in the 21st century it will take Nigerians abroad who have seen first hand and have learnt the skills, to come and set things in order don't be decieve you guys at home aint seen nothing, and I dont mean that as a down-talk but in reality, Nigeria compared to the west and even some third word countries can be said to be living in the 1920s, the way Nigeria is now was what the USA was in the 1920s and 1930s and back then the USA was vision and purpose driven cos that was when they built the hoover dam in Kentury for electricity generation and Fort Knox to safe keep their gold wealth.

So pls, lets put sentiments aside for a moment and be realistic after all tho!, I'm away I aint happy that others back at home cant enjoy common basic facilities that shouldnt even have been a subject for discussion in the first place.

If you castigate Nigerians abroad who should come join hands to rebuild the nation, then you dont love your country!, simple as ABC, because we are far from starting not to talk of getting there. Ghana called upon their diasporan world wide to join hands see what it has achieved! You remind me of the everyday politicians, now you can see why they say people get the kind of leaders they deserve.
Re: Why Are Diasporic Nigerians Envious Of Nigerians Back Home? by 2Legit2Qui: 9:39pm On Nov 10, 2009
Nigerians abroad are the reasons why Nigerian is painted black and blue by the international community, they thus have no reason to talk about Nigeria being bad- they contribute to the problem and what moral right do they have to call Nigeria hell hole, jungle etc?
Re: Why Are Diasporic Nigerians Envious Of Nigerians Back Home? by Liedetect: 10:08pm On Nov 10, 2009
Plain and simple most are not Nigerians. Nobody no matter how deranged they are  would not say that about their country of birth.
Re: Why Are Diasporic Nigerians Envious Of Nigerians Back Home? by Beaf: 10:22pm On Nov 10, 2009
2Legit2Qui:

Nigerians abroad are the reasons why Nigerian is painted black and blue by the international community, they thus have no reason to talk about Nigeria being bad- they contribute to the problem and what moral right do they have to call Nigeria hell hole, jungle etc?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6 www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6 www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6 www.nairaland.com/attachments/180447_ROTFLMAO_gif3d0c775232c7f27cf80592785b9635b6

(1) (Reply)

Police Arrest Man, Woman Over Missing Organ! / This Is Real! / James Ibori Arrested In Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.