Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,347 members, 7,829,880 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome (3482 Views)

Breaking News:APC Blame God For Our Economic Downturn And Lessa Fever / Economy Downturn: Redeploy Adeosun From Finance Ministry , Group Tells Buhari / Joy In Lagos As They Welcome CHK 89.1 Biafra FM _ Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by gamerod: 8:23pm On Dec 17, 2008
Most of these people had sworn never to have anything to do with Nigeria, but now, their butt hole don taste pepper and they are begining to realise say khaki no be leather, they are now running, and I mean, running back home, should they be welcomed or should they be sent back to wither they cometh from?
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by RibaduFan(m): 8:56pm On Dec 17, 2008
of course if they re of a good behaviour.
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by RibaduFan(m): 8:56pm On Dec 17, 2008
of course if they re of a good behaviour.
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by Naijex: 8:59pm On Dec 17, 2008
Ile la bo isimi oko.

Don 't be hating.
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by BecomeRich: 9:21pm On Dec 17, 2008
that story is not true, most nigeria abroad go home every year.  and they are come back here.  if you do not book your ticket before october you can get ticket till january.

come back to molue,
come back to nepa,
come back to bad road,
come back to bad hospital
come back to bad leadership
come back to arm robbers
come back to you get through to MTN network at the moment try later
come back pure water and water well
come back to politician stopping you on the way , so that their can pass
come back to doing contract for the federal and state govt and never get paid.
come back to given egunje
come back to road block by the police.
come back to SSS arresting nigerian abroad for blogging
come back to jakande school
come back to   more than 10 million list I can list. The only reason i go come back, is if i am appoint to serve in a state or federal or i run for office . appoint me into office and i would come back home.
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by gamerod: 9:37pm On Dec 17, 2008
BecomeRich:

that story is not true, most nigeria abroad go home every year.  and they are come back here.  if you do not book your ticket before october you can get ticket till january.

come back to molue,
come back to nepa,
come back to bad road,
come back to arm robbers
come back to   more than 10 million list I can list. The only reason i go come back, is if i am appoint to serve in a state or federal or i run for office .  appoint me into office and i would come back home.

I PITY YOU.
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by Muza(m): 12:20am On Dec 18, 2008
BecomeRich:

that story is not true, most nigeria abroad go home every year. and they are come back here. if you do not book your ticket before october you can get ticket till january.

come back to molue,
come back to nepa,
come back to bad road,
come back to arm robbers
come back to more than 10 million list I can list. The only reason i go come back, is if i am appoint to serve in a state or federal or i run for office . appoint me into office and i would come back home.

grin cheesy grin cheesy lmao grin cheesy grin

this is very true

come back to so many bad things,abeg just stay there.
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by Charlesmud(m): 6:05am On Dec 18, 2008
Yes I heard Nigerians in America wants to go back to Nigeria and also trying to come to Europe but Europe is tight this days to enter even for Americans and am sure it will be hellfire from Africa coming to Europe.

Who says Europe as problem? Its the exported goods like cars from European Union countries to USA that as a slow movement (they have already made arrangements to reduce the amount of car production) but the economy is perfectly stable in the European Union countries EU, I don't know about the other European countries. some people lost there jobs in only companies that exports goods to USA But generally here I don't even see anything wrong cus things are moving as normal.

So who will leave here to go to Nigeria , for what ?, well maybe those in America. I believe those that are coming home from Europe to Nigeria just came as usual for Xmas.
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by gamerod: 8:18am On Dec 18, 2008
Charlesmud:

Yes I heard Nigerians in America wants to go back to Nigeria and also trying to come to Europe but Europe is tight this days to enter even for Americans and am sure it will be hellfire from Africa coming to Europe.

Who says Europe as problem? Its the exported goods like cars from European Union countries to USA that as a slow movement (they have already made arrangements to reduce the amount of car production) but the economy is perfectly stable in the European Union countries EU, I don't know about the other European countries. some people lost there jobs in only companies that exports goods to USA But generally here I don't even see anything wrong cus things are moving as normal.

So who will leave here to go to Nigeria , for what ?, well maybe those in America. I believe those that are coming home from Europe to Nigeria just came as usual for Xmas.

You are trying to make yourself happy where you are abi?

You said who will leave Europe to go to Nigeria? Stay there, when reality hits you like fire in the face and burns all your beard, thats when you will know that thousands have left and are still leaving Europe to go and settle down in Nigeria - pray - tell me what is in Europe?
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by FBS: 8:21am On Dec 18, 2008
home is where the heart is. Stay where you feel better is all ramifications. God will see us through.
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by Godalone(m): 9:29am On Dec 18, 2008
BecomeRich:

come back to molue,
come back to nepa,
come back to bad road,
come back to arm robbers
[b]come back to doing contract for the federal and state govt and never get paid.[/b]come back to given egunje
come back to more than 10 million list I can list. The only reason i go come back, is if i am appoint to serve in a state or federal or i run for office . appoint me into office and i would come back home.

You are right,they will not pay you except you are ready to part with some percentage,that is Nigeria for you.
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by landis(m): 9:33am On Dec 18, 2008
game_rod:

You said who will leave Europe to go to Nigeria? Stay there, when reality hits you like fire in the face and burns all your beard, thats when you will know that thousands have left and are still leaving Europe to go and settle down in Nigeria - pray - tell me what is in Europe?

every thing missing in Nigeria!
grin cheesy grin
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by gamerod: 9:34am On Dec 18, 2008
Godalone:

You are right,they will not pay you except you are ready to part with some percentage,that is Nigeria for you.

and they tell you it doesnt happen abroad? come o - he be like say na bush una dey stay abroad?
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by gamerod: 9:34am On Dec 18, 2008
landis:

every thing missing in Nigeria!
grin cheesy grin

ahaha - stay there and rot.
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by Godalone(m): 9:38am On Dec 18, 2008
game_rod:

and they tell you it doesnt happen abroad? come o - he be like say na bush una dey stay abroad?

I live in Nigeria so i know what i am talking about.
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by KnowAll(m): 10:44am On Dec 18, 2008

Why would anybody want to come back to Nigeria when the Naira was appreciating against most currency, the Cental Bank Governor deem it fit to devalue the Naira, What for, why devalue the naira yet again. People will come back if the Naira aprreciates considerably
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by Charlesmud(m): 11:08am On Dec 18, 2008
game_rod:

No be so my brother, I just got to make better money before I come Naija to start things, U know what i mean. My brother nothing dey Europe oo, no mind us wey dey come here, na because we just won come. Make u dey enjoy the money and wealth you have in Nigeria and we wey dey Europe make we dey live our poverty life dey go (oju re a ja).

FBS Thank you jare my brother, I should come to Nigeria to do what ? sell kulikuli or I go get job for central bank ?

If person get job self, how much be the yeye salary wey person go use everything buy petrol for car and generator or se na candle I go on for night ? Na wa for that Nigeria, in all case its terrible with nothing at all we gain from the government, NOTHINGGGGGGGGGGGGG
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by gamerod: 11:52am On Dec 18, 2008
Charlesmud:

No be so my brother, I just got to make better money before I come Naija to start things, U know what i mean. My brother nothing dey Europe oo, no mind us wey dey come here, na because we just won come. Make u dey enjoy the money and wealth you have in Nigeria and we wey dey Europe make we dey live our poverty life dey go (oju re a ja).

FBS Thank you jare my brother, I should come to Nigeria to do what ? sell kulikuli or I go get job for central bank ?

If person get job self, how much be the yeye salary wey person go use everything buy petrol for car and generator or se na candle I go on for night ? Na wa for that Nigeria, in all case its terrible with nothing at all we gain from the government, NOTHINGGGGGGGGGGGGG

My preayer na say, make you no fit come back to the country Nigeria, because if you come back, where you go start from self, because you go come with no money, and you no go fit do the kind work wey you dey do for Europe, example, if you dey sweep road for Europe, you fit do am for Naija? If you be bus driver for London, you fit drive bus for Naija? where you go start from? you go dey so useless, so, my advice, stay where you dey, dey enjoy - as u call am. you go soon hear wuen - you no how many people woolworths lay off in one swoop? stay there.

You wan make money for Europe b4 you come back? you make me laugh, since you dey there, how much money you don save? make money for europe, as if na so the thing easy. you make me laugh, even my dik self they laugh you.
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by gamerod: 11:55am On Dec 18, 2008
KnowAll:

Why would anybody want to come back to Nigeria when the Naira was appreciating against most currency, the Cental Bank Governor deem it fit to devalue the Naira, What for, why devalue the naira yet again. People will come back if the Naira aprreciates considerably

Five weeks ago, the naira exchanged for 184 to the pound, everyone for London they shout say theiur own don spoil. Na for your eye, the pound go soon they exchange for 100naira, na den you go know say ponmo no be meat, na just rubber.
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by Charlesmud(m): 12:25pm On Dec 18, 2008
game_rod:

My preayer na say, make you no fit come back to the country Nigeria, because if you come back, where you go start from self, because you go come with no money, and you no go fit do the kind work wey you dey do for Europe, example, if you dey sweep road for Europe, you fit do am for Naija? If you be bus driver for London, you fit drive bus for Naija? where you go start from? you go dey so useless, so, my advice, stay where you dey, dey enjoy - as u call am. you go soon hear wuen - you no how many people woolworths lay off in one swoop? stay there.
You wan make money for Europe before you come back? you make me laugh, since you dey there, how much money you don save? make money for europe, as if na so the thing easy. you make me laugh, even my dik self they laugh you.

OK my brother, notin do u and no be fight at all.

game_rod:

Five weeks ago, the naira exchanged for 184 to the pound, everyone for London they shout say theiur own don spoil. Na for your eye, the pound go soon they exchange for 100naira, na den you go know say ponmo no be meat, na just rubber.

OK my brother, notin do u, Whatever the ponmo be, the koko is to be useful either eatable or practical use.

But I no see offence here, una just dey talk as if we dey fight. Anyway we be all Nigerians we just want the best things in life and some of us want is much faster instead of wasting time on the hopeless government we have. After all our politicians pikin dey here, u should have come to see the way they spend money here (I don't wanna mention names). so we dey spend some of the money with them here atleast,
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by KnowAll(m): 1:09pm On Dec 18, 2008
Look there is nobody suffering in london I will tell you why.

1. You will be suffering if you are an -illegal immigrant and forever running and dodging law enforcment officers, those kind of peeps are better off in Nija.

2. Quite a few Nijas are wanted for one fraud or the other, I know one guy who cashed in on about 10 house drawing secured loans on these houses, I recently saw him and he told me he now lives in Abuja. That kind of guy knows their nothing for him London anymore. So he is better of in Nija.

3. Other hard working Nigerians are actually enjoying the fruit of their labour with this credit crunch e.g if you have a mortgage and you are paying £1000.00 a month 4 months ago, the bank of England has actually dropped intrest rate from 5.50% TO 2 % it means somebody paying £1000.00 a few months ago would probably be paying about £650.00. Basically the govt has put £350.00 back into your pocket.

4) With that extra £350.00 in your pocket a lot peeps are even better off than before the credict crunch.

5) The only people that are worse off are people who lost their jobs and with time they will get another job.
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by gamerod: 1:48pm On Dec 18, 2008
KnowAll:

Look there is nobody suffering in london I will tell you why.

1. You will be suffering if you are an -illegal immigrant and forever running and dodging law enforcment officers, those kind of peeps are better off in Nija.

2. Quite a few Nijas are wanted for one fraud or the other, I know one guy who cashed in on about 10 house drawing secured loans on these houses, I recently saw him and he told me he now lives in Abuja. That kind of guy knows their nothing for him London anymore. So he is better of in Nija.

3. Other hard working Nigerians are actually enjoying the fruit of their labour with this credit crunch e.g if you have a mortgage and you are paying £1000.00 a month 4 months ago, the bank of England has actually dropped intrest rate from 5.50% TO 2 % it means somebody paying £1000.00 a few months ago would probably be paying about £650.00. Basically the govt has put £350.00 back into your pocket.

4) With that extra £350.00 in your pocket a lot peeps are even better off than before the credict crunch.

5) The only people that are worse off are people who lost their jobs and with time they will get another job.

You have just re confirmed the fact that your name is not true - kindly change your name to Mr KnowNothing.

No suffering in London, yet, most people do three four jobs to get by.

No suffering in London, yet, you cant even boast of 1000 pounds savings in a month upon all your hardwork

Stay there, deceiving yourself.

The topic is not wether people suffer in London - just read the topic properly bloda.
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by KnowAll(m): 2:57pm On Dec 18, 2008
@game-rod

"Other hard working Nigerians" - That is the bone of contention, if you are hard working, you will benefit from the current down-turn I personally i benefit my mortage is £400 pounds cheaper than say 6 months ago. And remember I said if you dont have a job na suffer you dey, but if you have a job and cut your coat according to your size, no shaking you will see your savings grow.

What does hard working Nigerians in Nigeria gets even if they do 10 jobs, 10,000 X 10 = N100,000.00 is that money. You do 2 jobs in the UK you will get at least £2000.00 X 200 = N400,000.00 which one is better. Dont forget there is a minimum rate in the UK which is £6.00 PER HOUR. Is there any minimum rate in Nigeria, people are paid slave labour. I remember whe I came to Nija, the hotel Iwas staying, I asked the gate man how much was he paid he said N6000.00 a month.
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by Ilelobola: 3:07pm On Dec 18, 2008
They went abroad to work, home is where you return to after work. They should be welcome back.
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by Ilelobola: 3:11pm On Dec 18, 2008
KnowAll:

@game-rod

"Other hard working Nigerians" - That is the bone of contention, if you are hard working, you will benefit from the current down-turn I personally i benefit my mortage is £400 pounds cheaper than say 6 months ago. And remember I said if you don't have a job na suffer you dey, but if you have a job and cut your coat according to your size, no shaking you will see your savings grow.

What does hard working Nigerians in Nigeria gets even if they do 10 jobs, 10,000 X 10 = N100,000.00 is that money. You do 2 jobs in the UK you will get at least £2000.00 X 200 = N400,000.00 which one is better. don't forget there is a minimum rate in the UK which is £6.00 PER HOUR. Is there any minimum rate in Nigeria, people are paid slave labour. I remember whe I came to Nija, the hotel Iwas staying, I asked the gate man how much was he paid he said N6000.00 a month.

Depends on who you compare yourself with. Obviously unskilled jobs are not well paid in Nigeria. I currently live and work in the UK earning a 6 figure salary, my husband earns the same and personally, when compared to our friends in Nigeria, I feel we are worse off. No complaints though, it's our choice to be here.
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by KnowAll(m): 3:39pm On Dec 18, 2008
"Obviously unskilled jobs are not well paid in Nigeria"

That is why Nija is not a proper society, both un-skilled and skilled workers should be able to afford what is sometimes fundermental to all human existence, roof over your head , a car to take you around, clothes, food, holidays e.t.c

We cannot all be Cowboys some of us have to be Indians the good thing about most western economy, the indians can still cloth, feed , accomodate. and enjoy a good quality of life than some of our Cowboys in Nigeria.

You are talking about your husband I will classify him as the cream of Nigeria society and I am talking about bottom of the scale in the Uk, your so called bankers in Nija buys tokunbo cars with there salary un-skilled labourer in britain can buy a brand new car if they are not extravagant. I can remember my 1st car I actually bought it when I was on the dough how about that. I remember one cab driver that took me in his car sometime ago, he told me he has paid off his mortgage the guy is not even 40 yet, I dont think you need any skill to drive a cab.

The only people enjoying in Nigeria are those bleeped up politicians.
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by Charlesmud(m): 3:41pm On Dec 18, 2008
KnowAll

No mind them, whatever they say its ok, I dont see how it affects anybody anyway. Those that are illegal don't get better jobs due to no right to work so they get below the minimum wage salaries, But for those who have legal permits , they get paid even more than monthly salary a local government chairmen gets in Nigeria (except the money the chairmen steals).

Some friends of mine in Scandinavia who are schooling free and gets a mini job of about 1200 Euros monthly, They only need to pay tax and accommodation fees and be left with about 800 Euros which is about 100.000 Naira. So what will you guys say, not better than yahoo yahoo ?  after all they are making life possible for themselves and assisting their families in Nigeria instead of relying on the foolish bastard hopeless government in Nigeria.

No yawa now, after all this money and degree, they will come back to Nigeria to campaign just as our forefathers have being doing.
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by GoldCircle: 3:48pm On Dec 18, 2008
you guys have totally derailed from the topic. the question is "should they be welcomed home"? this I believe should be the basis for our discussion rather than how much a gate man in a hotel receives in Nigeria.
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by KnowAll(m): 3:54pm On Dec 18, 2008
"you guys have totally derailed from the topic. the question is "should they be welcomed home"? this I believe should be the basis for our discussion rather than how much a gate man in a hotel receives in Nigeria."

Theres is no evidence anybody is returning to Nija except of course usaul Christmas rush, and since there is no evidence there is no basis for any Hypothetical discussion this thread must be close down.
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by KnowAll(m): 3:57pm On Dec 18, 2008
"you guys have totally derailed from the topic. the question is "should they be welcomed home"? this I believe should be the basis for our discussion rather than how much a gate man in a hotel receives in Nigeria."

Theres is no evidence anybody is returning to Nija except of course usaul Christmas rush, and since there is no evidence there is no basis for any Hypothetical discussion this thread must be close down.
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by Charlesmud(m): 3:58pm On Dec 18, 2008
GoldCircle

Guy no vex jare, I think some people just have to be clarified "Igi mu ji nan so ri" and this should be clear instead of trying to mix things up and saying words.

Anyway its all for good in both ways, one love to all Nigerians no-matter where they live, we just all want something better. Yes Nigerians will always be Nigerians so 4sure they gat to come to there home-land if they are welcome or not (and who gives a Bleep anyway).
Re: American/european Economic Downturn Forces Nigerians Back Home, Are They Welcome by Ilelobola: 3:58pm On Dec 18, 2008
KnowAll:

"Obviously unskilled jobs are not well paid in Nigeria"

That is why Nija is not a proper society, both un-skilled and skilled workers should be able to afford what is sometimes fundermental to all human existence, roof over your head , a car to take you around, clothes, food, holidays e.t.c

We cannot all be Cowboys some of us have to be Indians the good thing about most western economy, the indians can still cloth, feed , accomodate. and enjoy a good quality of life than some of our Cowboys in Nigeria.

You are talking about your husband I will classify him as the cream of Nigeria society and I am talking about bottom of the scale in the Uk, your so called bankers in Nija buys tokunbo cars with there salary un-skilled labourer in britain can buy a brand new car if they are not extravagant. I can remember my 1st car I actually bought it when I was on the dough how about that. I remember one cab driver that took me in his car sometime ago, he told me he has paid off his mortgage the guy is not even 40 yet, I don't think you need any skill to drive a cab.

The only people enjoying in Nigeria are those bleeped up politicians.

I think you are missing the point. I was responding to your comment that people are better off in the UK. My point is this is not necessarily true. Because you earn £6 ph minimum wage doesn’t make you better off than someone earning N10,000 in real terms. Sometimes, by the time you pay taxes and bills, you are left with your OD which is probably full drawn down anyway.

And I do agree with you, everyone should be able to afford the basic things of life … skilled or unskilled. And I know we all can’t hold down white collar jobs, my brother is a builder (manual) and he is better off compared most typical skilled labours (not sure how to describe him cos he is actually skilled, well he went to college for it).

Oh well, I hope you get my drift …

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Tribute To Nigeria At 50. . . / Between Rev Fr Ejike Mbaka And Other Prophets Who Is A True Man Of God? / Buhari Makes U-turn, Says 250,000 Barrels Of Crude Oil Was Stolen Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.