Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,051 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Lets Start A New Writing Contest - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Lets Start A New Writing Contest (662 Views)

Orangetot Online Writing Contest / $500 Writing Contest!! / Sponsored Writing Contest - $100 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Start A New Writing Contest by lovingsoul(m): 7:37pm On Nov 10, 2009
This contest will give every member of this forum an opportunity to post creative writings for everyone to see and criiticize constructively, i could lead the contest so who ever feels he/she has something for us should feel very free to do so,

This my writing, so who is next?

What Man Fears In Silence

I have come to discover that what man fears most after death is "CHANGE".

Man believes change threatens his position, he fears change could bring disaster or lack, this has gone beyond been paranoid or cynical, this is a deadly disease.

Man stubbornly ignore the fact that every smooth going will surely experience some bumps here and there, like they say the only constant thing is change.

If man does not fear change why then does a leader become very uncomfortable knowing one day , that position would be held by another.

Some say its a colour related problem because it is so evident and feasible around a particular group of people.

Time feeds change, as it moves , change also moves, what man can do to stop change from coming to them is either they kill time or tie it down.

That is why a young boy or man fears to change into an old , weak senile man.

A beautiful girl with firm and luscious breast fears that one day they are going to sag and guys will stop chasing after her.

A military government fears a change to democracy, a dictator fears a change to a free society.

Rebels fear peace talks and seize fire talks because of the fear of change.

When change comes it brings everything with it, laughter, pain, joy, sorrow, love , peace, hatred, and what ever it feels like bringing.

Have you thought of this, where will the next change meet you.

As long as man keeps hiding from the fact, he remains a victim to this big fear "change
Re: Lets Start A New Writing Contest by SisiKill1: 8:44am On Nov 11, 2009
It would be easier if we had a theme.
Re: Lets Start A New Writing Contest by lovingsoul(m): 8:27pm On Nov 11, 2009
Someone should follow after me, give us a theme,so we can get this contest started, lets be creative hear, i am waiting,
Re: Lets Start A New Writing Contest by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 12, 2009
I think there should be a focus. Knowing what we are to write about is important.
Re: Lets Start A New Writing Contest by bilms(m): 12:36pm On Nov 12, 2009
thats right,

let me suggest a theme:

The World itself,

or

The Nigeria of My dream

since this forum is for Nigerians and lovers of Nigeria,
Re: Lets Start A New Writing Contest by manmustwac(m): 2:06pm On Nov 12, 2009
"Public Transport In Nigeria''. Is that a good theme?

(1) (Reply)

Quotes Of Great People / Break My Bones---a Poem / No More Selling Of Land To Muslems In Niger-delta-region

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.