Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,743 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

BREAKING: Former Minister, Kuforiji-olubi Reportedly Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Former Minister, Kuforiji-olubi Reportedly Dead (1046 Views)

Ikoyigate: DO NOT Make Public Your Findings, Former Minister Warns Osinbajo!!! / Photos From Bola Kuforiji Olubi's Burial / Bola Kuforiji Olubi Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Former Minister, Kuforiji-olubi Reportedly Dead by meglith(m): 8:01am On Dec 04, 2016
A former minister of Commerce and Industry, Dr. Bola Kuforiji-Olubi, 80, is reportedly dead.

She was said to have died, Saturday morning in Lagos.

An online platform, The Elitesreported that she died at 11:30am.

The banker, recently visitedPresident Muhammadu Buhari to thank him for his contribution to her success. She said that it was Buhari as a military Head of State that appointed her the first female Chairman of United Bank for Africa.

She said, “Having turned 80, I looked at my life and made a list of those who contributed to what I have become in my life and the name of President Muhammadu Buhari came topmost on the list.

“This is why I am here to pay my respect and thank him,” she said. 

Dr. Olubi  was born September 28, 1936. The former ICAN president graduated from the University of London in 1963. She was appointed the first female chairman of the United Bank for Africa, UBA in 1984.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Former Minister, Kuforiji-olubi Reportedly Dead by sarrki(m): 8:02am On Dec 04, 2016
Rip
Re: BREAKING: Former Minister, Kuforiji-olubi Reportedly Dead by stainlink(m): 8:03am On Dec 04, 2016
RIP
Re: BREAKING: Former Minister, Kuforiji-olubi Reportedly Dead by Tolexander: 8:10am On Dec 04, 2016
RIP mama!

The most painful thing to me is just that, the CV of someone like this mama cannot be inherited or ownership transferred!

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Former Minister, Kuforiji-olubi Reportedly Dead by HtwoOw: 8:28am On Dec 04, 2016
RIP
Re: BREAKING: Former Minister, Kuforiji-olubi Reportedly Dead by luvinhubby(m): 8:37am On Dec 04, 2016
What else does she want in life, had a great career, saw her children's children & clocked 80 years in a country that has 52yrs life expectancy. Hers is a celebration of life and not a painful loss.
R.I.P
Re: BREAKING: Former Minister, Kuforiji-olubi Reportedly Dead by edo3(m): 8:59am On Dec 04, 2016
She just celebrated her birthday oo..

(1) (Reply)

Graphic Photos: Young Man Claims He Saved Gov. Udom During Uyo Building Collapse / My Adamant Governor Of Kwara Whose Political Career May Soon End / top 20 cities in Nigeria.. Victoria city is number 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.