Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Why Do Small Countries Like Ghana Offer Direct Us Flights And Why Naija Fails? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Do Small Countries Like Ghana Offer Direct Us Flights And Why Naija Fails? (1843 Views)

Ghana Bans Flights From Nigeria, 2 Other Countries Over Ebola / Anenih, Akunyili Stranded In Abuja After Arik Aircraft's Toilet Fails To Flush / Can The Holder Of Uk Visa Travel To Other Eu Countries? Like Schengen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Small Countries Like Ghana Offer Direct Us Flights And Why Naija Fails? by Constantin: 10:32pm On Jan 08, 2007
[img]http://www.ghanaweb.biz/GHP/img/pics/news/18103888.optim.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/photo.detail.php?ID=115870&VOLGNR=7[/img]

[img]http://www.ghanaweb.biz/GHP/img/pics/news/67931501.optim.jpg[/img]

[img]http://www.ghanaweb.biz/GHP/img/pics/news/53456672.optim.jpg[/img]

When will Nigerian shame ever ends How can "tiny" Ghana offer direct flights to the US and why does "mighty" Nigeria struggle over cancelling flights even direct flights to the UK?

I am at a loss for words, SHAME ON US! tongue cry
Re: Why Do Small Countries Like Ghana Offer Direct Us Flights And Why Naija Fails? by phoenixman: 10:43pm On Jan 08, 2007
Perhaps its in the mind.
Arrogance and egotistic behaviour does not translate success.
I will wager the mindset of the average Ghanaian is very different from that of an average Nigerian.
I will also wager that a Ghanaian will not be looking at Nigeria,and saying "look at what they got and we don't" kiss
Re: Why Do Small Countries Like Ghana Offer Direct Us Flights And Why Naija Fails? by omon(m): 2:54pm On Jan 09, 2007
phoenixman:

Perhaps its in the mind.
Arrogance and egotistic behaviour does not translate success.
I will wager the mindset of the average Ghanaian is very different from that of an average Nigerian.
I will also wager that a Ghanaian will not be looking at Nigeria,and saying "look at what they got and we don't" kiss

Thanks a lot, nice reply. When I hear Ghanians speak, they express the same fustration in their country as we do in Nigeria
Re: Why Do Small Countries Like Ghana Offer Direct Us Flights And Why Naija Fails? by 1forall: 2:59pm On Jan 09, 2007
Its all tied to the ubiquitous 'nigerian factor', cry, oh beloved nation.
Re: Why Do Small Countries Like Ghana Offer Direct Us Flights And Why Naija Fails? by LoverBwoy(m): 3:34pm On Jan 09, 2007
perhaps we should stop calling them small/tiny  wink
Re: Why Do Small Countries Like Ghana Offer Direct Us Flights And Why Naija Fails? by nicolas: 12:55pm On Jan 11, 2007
North American Airline does direct flight from lagos to New York
Re: Why Do Small Countries Like Ghana Offer Direct Us Flights And Why Naija Fails? by 1forall: 2:41pm On Jan 11, 2007
True tho'
Re: Why Do Small Countries Like Ghana Offer Direct Us Flights And Why Naija Fails? by Mariory(m): 2:57pm On Jan 11, 2007
Didn't Virgin Nigeria try twice to get clearance to fly this route? From what I remember, they were turned down by the US because of the involvement of Virgin in the Airline.
Re: Why Do Small Countries Like Ghana Offer Direct Us Flights And Why Naija Fails? by phoenixman: 9:47pm On Jan 11, 2007
1forall:

Its all tied to the ubiquitous 'nigerian factor', cry, oh beloved nation.

would you please tell what that "nigerian Factor" is?
Re: Why Do Small Countries Like Ghana Offer Direct Us Flights And Why Naija Fails? by 1forall: 11:02pm On Jan 11, 2007
The 'nigerian factor' is what makes people ask needless questions when answers are right there with them!
Re: Why Do Small Countries Like Ghana Offer Direct Us Flights And Why Naija Fails? by niyyie(m): 10:38pm On Aug 25, 2007
Ha ha ha grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Small Countries Like Ghana Offer Direct Us Flights And Why Naija Fails? by BABEELOVE(f): 8:22am On Aug 26, 2007
Because Ghana is in the "diaspora"!!!!!!!! wink
Re: Why Do Small Countries Like Ghana Offer Direct Us Flights And Why Naija Fails? by zexyworm: 10:11pm On Aug 26, 2007
Delta is starting daily Atlanta-Lagos flights in December.

Lufthansa has pulled out of Accra and is cosdolidating Lagos flights.

Virgin Nigeria, Arik, and Bellview will soon inaugurate direct flights to the US pending the certification of Nigeria's aviation infrastructure as "Cat. 3" by the US FAA.

No Nigerian factor here people, just some politics and safety issues which will soon be resolved. Do your research before engaging in emotional outbursts - THAT is a Nigerian factor.
Re: Why Do Small Countries Like Ghana Offer Direct Us Flights And Why Naija Fails? by 1forall: 11:44pm On Aug 26, 2007
no nigerian factor  hey, I work in that industry man, wait and see when they'll actually start flight operations on that route. . .
Re: Why Do Small Countries Like Ghana Offer Direct Us Flights And Why Naija Fails? by noblegas2(m): 6:32am On Aug 12, 2009
Hey man, wat abt Delta? it plies non stop 4rm Muritala mohammed to hartsfield jackson
Re: Why Do Small Countries Like Ghana Offer Direct Us Flights And Why Naija Fails? by theforce(m): 1:33am On Aug 13, 2009
Any airline can fly into USA from Nigeria as long as the Aircraft is not registered in Nigeria. However, if the MMIA is rated CAT 1 by the American Aviation experts, then Nigerian registered aircrafts can then fly. What this means is that any airline that wet-leases an aircraft can fly to america as long as the two Governments agree on frequency.
Re: Why Do Small Countries Like Ghana Offer Direct Us Flights And Why Naija Fails? by Nobody: 4:14am On Aug 13, 2009
Uhm

(1) (Reply)

everything for sale / One Way Ticket To Eu For Spouse / Abuja Experience & Impression

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.