Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,451 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

Abuja Experience & Impression - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Abuja Experience & Impression (1842 Views)

Rejoinder: My Abuja Experience / The Impression Of Some Folks About Traveling To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja Experience & Impression by Omonjoe(m): 10:28am On Mar 21, 2013
Before I travelled to Abuja for the first time, I had a great impression about the city(thinking it will be the best place to live in) but during my visit Wat I saw there(the suburb) where the majority lives,my impression changed.I think living in Benin city į̸̸̨§ far better and enjoyable than living in Abuja. Wat į̸̸̨§ ur experience and impression?
Re: Abuja Experience & Impression by Dyt(f): 10:37am On Mar 21, 2013
Where in Abj did u stay?
Re: Abuja Experience & Impression by londoner: 3:17pm On Mar 21, 2013
OP...it totally depends on where you live in Abuja and Benin city.

A ghetto or poor area in Abuja will give the same experience, as the same in Benin city.

I LOVE Abuja....the only place I have been to in Nigeria that I would consider living in.

Where did you stay (and visit) in Abuja? And where do you stay in Benin?.....Start from there, then you may know the reason behind your opinion.
Re: Abuja Experience & Impression by Omonjoe(m): 5:29pm On Mar 21, 2013
I stayed @ saburi dei-dei I also visited Nyanyan,Jikwoyi,mararaba,zuba etc. I stay in sapele road in Benin city
Re: Abuja Experience & Impression by Dyt(f): 5:36pm On Mar 21, 2013
undecided undecided
Re: Abuja Experience & Impression by justwise(m): 5:50pm On Mar 21, 2013
Omonjoe: I stayed @ saburi dei-dei I also visited Nyanyan,Jikwoyi,mararaba,zuba etc. I stay in sapele road in Benin city

...and where in Abuja did you stay?

1 Like

Re: Abuja Experience & Impression by Dyt(f): 5:58pm On Mar 21, 2013
He say
Sabrui dei dei
Abi u no c am?
Re: Abuja Experience & Impression by justwise(m): 7:48pm On Mar 21, 2013
Dyt: He say
Sabrui dei dei
Abi u no c am?
lived in Abuja for more than 6yrs and never come across that name
Re: Abuja Experience & Impression by Dyt(f): 7:59pm On Mar 21, 2013
Lived there too and neva eva hrd of dat place
Wit all my waka waka
Re: Abuja Experience & Impression by Ace3: 8:22pm On Mar 21, 2013
Dei dei is somewhere between Kubwa and Zuba, am i correct @Op?
Re: Abuja Experience & Impression by justwise(m): 9:12pm On Mar 21, 2013
Ace.:
Dei dei is somewhere between Kubwa and Zuba, am i correct @Op?
you can't live in a place like that and use it to judge Abuja

1 Like

Re: Abuja Experience & Impression by Krucifax(m): 9:16pm On Mar 21, 2013
justwise:

...and where in Abuja did you stay?

Ha hA ha grin. Nice one Justwise. Mr OP hope you got the crack? The areas you stayed are they outskirts of Abuja and also the most least developed. Abuja is a fantastic place visually however it is split in Tiers. Let me elaorate;

Abuja

Phase 1

Maitama, Asokoro, Wuse 1, Wuse 2, Garki 1, Garki 2, Central Business District Phase 1 & 2.

Phase 2

Mabushi, Utako, Wuye, Durumi, Gudu, Kado, Jabi

Phase 3

Now these areas whilst technically Abuja are the far less glamorous parts of Abuja. The Abuja experience cannot be gained from these areas because the are a mixture of satellite towns and Ghettos and villages.

Mpape,Nyanya, Karumo, Katampe, Gwagwalada, Kuje, Lugbe, Kubwa, Karu, Kubwa, Gwagwa, Deidei

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Abuja Experience & Impression by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 23, 2013
Omonjoe: I stayed @ saburi dei-dei I also visited Nyanyan,Jikwoyi,mararaba,zuba etc. I stay in sapele road in Benin city

My brother, U nor stay Abuja lol!!
Anything out FCT is not Abuja in a sense.

The places U mentioned are far frm development in contrast to FCT. Nyanyan is a border town btw Abuja & nassawara state. Mararaba is pure nassawara.

Imagine someone who stays in abaji & gwagwalada saying abuja is not fine!!! He is in abuja but not in abuja, if u know what i mean. Let me explain

if u've lived all ur life in aduwawa,oluku, all the uppers in benin(sakponba,mission,eweka etc),temboga etc U can say there is nothing magnificent in Benin but the person in GRA & its environs will have diff opinions!!!
Re: Abuja Experience & Impression by Mystiqme: 4:41pm On Mar 23, 2013
Bros, next time visit ABUJA. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Abuja Experience & Impression by futurewise11(m): 12:34am On Mar 24, 2013
I like this.have u live in benin before?skool in ekenwah road,live in g.r.a.its a two different wold.
alexray:

My brother, U nor stay Abuja lol!!
Anything out FCT is not Abuja in a sense.

The places U mentioned are far frm development in contrast to FCT. Nyanyan is a border town btw Abuja & nassawara state. Mararaba is pure nassawara.

Imagine someone who stays in abaji & gwagwalada saying abuja is not fine!!! He is in abuja but not in abuja, if u know what i mean. Let me explain

if u've lived all ur life in aduwawa,oluku, all the uppers in benin(sakponba,mission,eweka etc),temboga etc U can say there is nothing magnificent in Benin but the person in GRA & its environs will have diff opinions!!!
Re: Abuja Experience & Impression by Nobody: 9:30am On Mar 24, 2013
^^^^ Benin is my base, stayed in Abuja for 2yrs.
Re: Abuja Experience & Impression by gwas(m): 10:02am On Mar 24, 2013
Na wa o, is Ghetto your middle name?
Re: Abuja Experience & Impression by chelseabmw(m): 4:15pm On Mar 24, 2013

WTF.............and u call those places abuja abi?.............. can u imagine calling zuba n mararaba lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed i stay in benin too but never ever compare both again abeg....From kada republic down to country home road,no where there is finer than the ugliest house in wuse 2 sad sad sad
Re: Abuja Experience & Impression by chelseabmw(m): 4:16pm On Mar 24, 2013
justwise: lived in Abuja for more than 6yrs and never come across that name

shocked shocked shocked
Re: Abuja Experience & Impression by chelseabmw(m): 4:17pm On Mar 24, 2013
Dyt: Lived there too and neva eva hrd of dat place
Wit all my waka waka

with our waka waka....... grin grin grin
Re: Abuja Experience & Impression by Dyt(f): 6:34pm On Mar 24, 2013
chelseabmw:

with our waka waka....... grin grin grin

Yes oo
I lived in a very boring place and d only way I cld survive wz search d streets
grin
Re: Abuja Experience & Impression by londoner: 10:47am On Mar 25, 2013
OP....why would you have stayed in those places you mentioned and expected to enjoy Abuja?

That is why we were all asking where you actually stayed, because there is NO WAY you can stay in Abuja proper and come away with that opinion you had. Even if you had stayed in Utako......lol

The worst complaints a person who has been to Abuja can have, is that it is expensive, hot or boring...........but never the opinion you had.

You haven't really seen Abuja to be honest. Those areas are not even past the Abuja gate.

Its like going to Croydon and saying you have been to London, or New Jersey and saying you have seen New York....lol

Please visit again and take day trips beyond the city gate (if its still there).....seriously, you will change your opinion.
I kinda feel bad for you, that you did not get to experience the beauty of Abuja.
Re: Abuja Experience & Impression by londoner: 10:50am On Mar 25, 2013
@Crucifax....just reading your list of areas has made me homesick for ABJ........even the bright lights of Aussie can not shake off my need to be in that city.

Do you live still stay in ABJ?

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Yellow Card / More Info Needed-I Want To Visit Gambia For A Weekend Tourism / Folks In The USA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.