Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,068 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

FG Reacts To Death Of Three Corpers In Kano, Zamfara And Bayelsa Camps - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / FG Reacts To Death Of Three Corpers In Kano, Zamfara And Bayelsa Camps (28795 Views)

Tallest And Shortest Corpers In Enugu NYSC Camp (Photo) / Heartbreaking:death Of Three Corpers That Made Nigerians Shed Tears In Enugu(gra / Heartbreaking:death Of Three Corpers That Made Nigerians Shed Tears In Enugu(gra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Reacts To Death Of Three Corpers In Kano, Zamfara And Bayelsa Camps by winkmart: 7:20am On Dec 05, 2016
The Minister of Youth and Sports Development, Solomon Dalung, has reacted to the death of three corps members, Elechi Chinyerum Nwenenda, Oladepo Ifedolapo and Asuquo Ukeme Monday, who died in the on-gong 2016 Batch 'B' (Stream I) Orientation Course in Bayelsa, Kano and Zamfara States respectively. In a statement signed by his Special Adviser Media, Nneka Ikem Anibeze, Dalung commiserated with the families of the deceased. He stated that a panel of inquire will be set up by the government to ascertain the circumstances that led to the death of the corps members.

Read the full statement below:

The Ministry of Youth and Sports Development has commiserated with families of the three NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps members who died at three orientation camps last week. 26 year old Oladapo Ifedolapo Racheal (Osun) with state code KN/16B/1847 died in Gwarzo General Hospital following complications arising from an ailment few days into the orientation Programme. Asuquo Monday Ukeme (Akwa Ibom) with state code ZM/16B/1780 passed at the Federal Medical Centre Gusau in Zamfara while 27 year-old Elechi Nwanenda Chinyerum (Rivers) with state code BY/16B/1300 died at the Diete-Koki Memorial Hospital Yenegoa.

The Minister of Youth and Sports Development, Barrister Solomon Dalung decried the death of these Corp members describing it as tragic and shocking. " We received the news of the death of the young Nigerians who were mobilized to national Service in three states for NYSC. Details of the circumstances leading to their untimely death simultaneously are not yet available to my office but the unfortunate and sad news of their demise is indeed devastating as these young people were our hope for the future.

They are national heroes who died in national service of their fatherland. "On behalf of the Federal Government of Nigeria we commiserate with the bereaved families and pray God to grant them the fortitude to bear this irreparable loss." Meanwhile, the Youth Ministry is to set up an enquiry to determine the circumstances that led to the death of the young Corp members while a comprehensive review of the health facilities in the orientation camp nationwide will be embarked upon. Barrister Dalung said that a thorough investigation and inquiry will be put in place to ascertain whether the young Nigerians died due to negligence or natural causes.

"We appeal to Nigerians and other Corps members to be calm at this moment of grief while focusing on their national duty as efforts are being put in place to guarantee their comfort and safety. I want to assure Nigerians that we will avail the country with the circumstances that led to their death." the Minister urged.

http://www.blackberrybabes.com/2016/12/fg-reacts-to-death-of-three-corps.html

2 Shares

Re: FG Reacts To Death Of Three Corpers In Kano, Zamfara And Bayelsa Camps by winkmart: 7:20am On Dec 05, 2016
Re: FG Reacts To Death Of Three Corpers In Kano, Zamfara And Bayelsa Camps by segebase(m): 7:41am On Dec 05, 2016
b
Re: FG Reacts To Death Of Three Corpers In Kano, Zamfara And Bayelsa Camps by KenJak(m): 11:09am On Dec 05, 2016
Anyway, may their souls rest in peace. Their families should be compensated as well.
Re: FG Reacts To Death Of Three Corpers In Kano, Zamfara And Bayelsa Camps by Unsad(m): 11:09am On Dec 05, 2016
Solomon Dalung is the Abba Moro of this regime. Occultic beret wearing slowpoke

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Reacts To Death Of Three Corpers In Kano, Zamfara And Bayelsa Camps by trademoore1: 11:10am On Dec 05, 2016
undecided
Nothing new..
Scrap NYSC or reform it.

21 Likes

Re: FG Reacts To Death Of Three Corpers In Kano, Zamfara And Bayelsa Camps by kingmekus(m): 11:10am On Dec 05, 2016
Is that all they have to say?? They didn't mention scrapping the rubbish scheme.

2 Likes

Re: FG Reacts To Death Of Three Corpers In Kano, Zamfara And Bayelsa Camps by ifyalways(f): 11:10am On Dec 05, 2016
I've never seen an hausa corper sha undecided
Re: FG Reacts To Death Of Three Corpers In Kano, Zamfara And Bayelsa Camps by Unsad(m): 11:11am On Dec 05, 2016
ifyalways:
Okay ma
Re: FG Reacts To Death Of Three Corpers In Kano, Zamfara And Bayelsa Camps by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 05, 2016
winkmart:

The Minister of Youth and Sports Development, Solomon Dalung, has reacted to the death of three corps members, Elechi Chinyerum Nwenenda, Oladepo Ifedolapo and Asuquo Ukeme Monday, who died in the on-gong 2016 Batch 'B' (Stream I) Orientation Course in Bayelsa, Kano and Zamfara States respectively. In a statement signed by his Special Adviser Media, Nneka Ikem Anibeze, Dalung commiserated with the families of the deceased. He stated that a panel of inquire will be set up by the government to ascertain the circumstances that led to the death of the corps members.

Read the full statement below:

The Ministry of Youth and Sports Development has commiserated with families of the three NYSC 2016 Batch B Corps members who died at three orientation camps last week. 26 year old Oladapo Ifedolapo Racheal (Osun) with state code KN/16B/1847 died in Gwarzo General Hospital following complications arising from an ailment few days into the orientation Programme. Asuquo Monday Ukeme (Akwa Ibom) with state code ZM/16B/1780 passed at the Federal Medical Centre Gusau in Zamfara while 27 year-old Elechi Nwanenda Chinyerum (Rivers) with state code BY/16B/1300 died at the Diete-Koki Memorial Hospital Yenegoa.

The Minister of Youth and Sports Development, Barrister Solomon Dalung decried the death of these Corp members describing it as tragic and shocking. " We received the news of the death of the young Nigerians who were mobilized to national Service in three states for NYSC. Details of the circumstances leading to their untimely death simultaneously are not yet available to my office but the unfortunate and sad news of their demise is indeed devastating as these young people were our hope for the future.

They are national heroes who died in national service of their fatherland. "On behalf of the Federal Government of Nigeria we commiserate with the bereaved families and pray God to grant them the fortitude to bear this irreparable loss." Meanwhile, the Youth Ministry is to set up an enquiry to determine the circumstances that led to the death of the young Corp members while a comprehensive review of the health facilities in the orientation camp nationwide will be embarked upon. Barrister Dalung said that a thorough investigation and inquiry will be put in place to ascertain whether the young Nigerians died due to negligence or natural causes.

"We appeal to Nigerians and other Corps members to be calm at this moment of grief while focusing on their national duty as efforts are being put in place to guarantee their comfort and safety. I want to assure Nigerians that we will avail the country with the circumstances that led to their death." the Minister urged.

http://www.blackberrybabes.com/2016/12/fg-reacts-to-death-of-three-corps.html

angry
Re: FG Reacts To Death Of Three Corpers In Kano, Zamfara And Bayelsa Camps by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 05, 2016
And this statement is supposed to improve the quality of nysc camp accommodation and facilities

Nigeria remains no. 1 on the embezzlement list........

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Reacts To Death Of Three Corpers In Kano, Zamfara And Bayelsa Camps by Aminat508(f): 11:12am On Dec 05, 2016
So sad! angry
Re: FG Reacts To Death Of Three Corpers In Kano, Zamfara And Bayelsa Camps by Emescot(m): 11:12am On Dec 05, 2016
Blood sucking Country-Imagine make person suffer train pikin from primary sch to university make d pikin con go die for NYSC camp, they say their is a demon at Aso Rock but i tell you that demon is all over the whole of Nigeria, i dont know if its hate for one another, or just ancestral curse abi na some old god demanding blood sacrifice (even though i dont believe all that) but why so much unnecessary death of young pple. Na wa o...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Reacts To Death Of Three Corpers In Kano, Zamfara And Bayelsa Camps by ajaolu(m): 11:13am On Dec 05, 2016
This is so disheartening, I just hope the investigation would be carried out properly and measures put in place to prevent future occurrences. I just completed my service year last month and I can say that the negligence on the part of most nysc officials toward corps members is top notch but thanks to God for the successful completion. RIP

4 Likes

Re: FG Reacts To Death Of Three Corpers In Kano, Zamfara And Bayelsa Camps by onuwaje(m): 11:13am On Dec 05, 2016
Feeling thankful for completin my service year without any health issues...

RIP Otondos!!!

1 Like

Re: FG Reacts To Death Of Three Corpers In Kano, Zamfara And Bayelsa Camps by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 05, 2016
Just scrap the damn thing,anybody when think say naija dey worth to die for must have been in hell fire in he's previous life.i no just reason to waste my time and energy for NYSC .Lai Lai angry

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Reacts To Death Of Three Corpers In Kano, Zamfara And Bayelsa Camps by priscaoge(f): 11:14am On Dec 05, 2016
angry cry
Re: FG Reacts To Death Of Three Corpers In Kano, Zamfara And Bayelsa Camps by Bigajeff(m): 11:16am On Dec 05, 2016
Will reaction wake up the death, medicine after death. Negligence of the highest order

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Reacts To Death Of Three Corpers In Kano, Zamfara And Bayelsa Camps by brayan(m): 11:16am On Dec 05, 2016
Quite sad indeed may their souls continue to rest in perfect peace
Re: FG Reacts To Death Of Three Corpers In Kano, Zamfara And Bayelsa Camps by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 05, 2016
That clueless Dalung is is unfit to comment on this issue. RIP to the deceased

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Reacts To Death Of Three Corpers In Kano, Zamfara And Bayelsa Camps by abrahamzy: 11:19am On Dec 05, 2016
If only they can stop this nysc stuff.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Reacts To Death Of Three Corpers In Kano, Zamfara And Bayelsa Camps by eminex(m): 11:19am On Dec 05, 2016
cry
Re: FG Reacts To Death Of Three Corpers In Kano, Zamfara And Bayelsa Camps by kissinggourami: 11:20am On Dec 05, 2016
ifyalways:

Obviously you've not gone for NYSC. Just be patient, corp members of Hausa descent will soon come your way.

1 Like

Re: FG Reacts To Death Of Three Corpers In Kano, Zamfara And Bayelsa Camps by olaolulazio(m): 11:20am On Dec 05, 2016
R. I. P to them.

R. I. P to PDP also.
Re: FG Reacts To Death Of Three Corpers In Kano, Zamfara And Bayelsa Camps by justicejay(m): 11:20am On Dec 05, 2016
This govt. Keep bringing bad fortunes towards this nation.
Re: FG Reacts To Death Of Three Corpers In Kano, Zamfara And Bayelsa Camps by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 05, 2016
May God help us in dis country
Re: FG Reacts To Death Of Three Corpers In Kano, Zamfara And Bayelsa Camps by Franchise21(m): 11:21am On Dec 05, 2016
sad
Re: FG Reacts To Death Of Three Corpers In Kano, Zamfara And Bayelsa Camps by busomma: 11:21am On Dec 05, 2016
Scrap this rubbish called NYSC cos it has outlived it's usefulness. U guys are just making a lot of money on the back of these innocent young Nigerians . What is it that the participants gains from it apart from the miserable N19,800 monthly stipend? The ministry responsible for the program don't even know how many dies each year. All they are interested is making lots of money while some families suffer the agony of losing loved ones. Let's see if anything comes out of this investigations.

3 Likes

Re: FG Reacts To Death Of Three Corpers In Kano, Zamfara And Bayelsa Camps by jidxin(m): 11:22am On Dec 05, 2016
facilities all bad. I rembr in lagos camp. we were all coughing after we were all cramed up in a small room...d wall leaks...I mean d decking nd d roof. in fact d so called nysc doctors re always wit big books searching for answrs

1 Like

Re: FG Reacts To Death Of Three Corpers In Kano, Zamfara And Bayelsa Camps by Mrsplendor60: 11:24am On Dec 05, 2016
They are already dead
Re: FG Reacts To Death Of Three Corpers In Kano, Zamfara And Bayelsa Camps by advocatebaba(m): 11:26am On Dec 05, 2016
abrahamzy:
If only they can stop this nysc stuff.
AND UR SUGGESTION WIL NW STOP PEOPLE FROM DYING ABI U R BRILLIANT

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jigawa Corpers Queue To Get Water From The Tap At NYSC Camp / Thank God For Saving Me From Being kidnapped Yesterday In Abuja. / Anambra Corper, Glory Adomagbo Dies 4 Days To POP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.