Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,742 members, 7,820,553 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:04 PM

N12.5m Fraud: Efcc Nabs Fcmb Banker - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N12.5m Fraud: Efcc Nabs Fcmb Banker (2186 Views)

High-profile Fraud: EFCC Probes Four Judges Frustrating Probe / Nigerian Army Nabs Fake General Alleged To Be Boko Haram Sponsor (Photo) / ICPC Interrogates Fmr IGP Mike Okiro, Others Over N275.5m Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N12.5m Fraud: Efcc Nabs Fcmb Banker by Nobody: 12:48pm On Nov 19, 2009
Fraud everywhere,wetin dey happen now, Yahoo boys can strategize well now since efcc is busy with politicians & bankers
Re: N12.5m Fraud: Efcc Nabs Fcmb Banker by Oboma1(m): 1:21pm On Nov 19, 2009
~Bluetooth:

Fraud everywhere,wetin dey happen now, Yahoo boys can strategize well now since efcc is busy with politicians & bankers

Since crime is now endemic in Nigeria, tell me why Nuhu Ribadu never had it in mind to keep Ibori's money. I keep saying it, it was because there was a third party, that is why he changed his mind. A man that never saw anything wrong in Bode George, can never be a saint.
Re: N12.5m Fraud: Efcc Nabs Fcmb Banker by Enjoyment1(f): 1:35pm On Nov 19, 2009
Oboma1:

Since crime is now endemic in Nigeria, tell me why Nuhu Ribadu never had it in mind to keep Ibori's money. I keep saying it, it was because there was a third party, that is why he changed his mind. A man that never saw anything wrong in Bode George, can never be a saint.

Nuhu Ribadu was just a nuisance awaiting revelation. Yes he started well, but he lost out totally when he joined EFCC football club (the political aspect of fighting crime).
Re: N12.5m Fraud: Efcc Nabs Fcmb Banker by Oboma1(m): 1:48pm On Nov 19, 2009
I wonder why Nairaland will always allow one topic duplicated twice. How be it, hardly there is a bank that one will not find fraud in Nigeria. In fact, it is now assumed that bankers are thieves!.
Re: N12.5m Fraud: Efcc Nabs Fcmb Banker by Oboma1(m): 1:51pm On Nov 19, 2009
One day, all their attrocities will come to light.
Re: N12.5m Fraud: Efcc Nabs Fcmb Banker by Otobroto(f): 2:00pm On Nov 19, 2009
When you see them, they act as if they are the most saints. Not knowing that corruption is now part of them.
Re: N12.5m Fraud: Efcc Nabs Fcmb Banker by mekusxxx: 2:04pm On Nov 19, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Is that how you do your maths. Did you consider the population of yorubas with respect with other tribes before making that assumption? embarassed embarassed embarassed

Are Yorubas the most populated Nigerians? How did you arrive at insinuating that?
Re: N12.5m Fraud: Efcc Nabs Fcmb Banker by Otobroto(f): 2:13pm On Nov 19, 2009
Dont mind all these Ibo boys. They are just messing up on Nairaland. They forget that, even In Nigeria, people tend to distrust them most? It is evident everywhere!.
Re: N12.5m Fraud: Efcc Nabs Fcmb Banker by mekusxxx: 2:15pm On Nov 19, 2009
Otobroto:

Dont mind all these Ibo boys. They are just messing up on Nairaland. They forget that, even In Nigeria, people tend to distrust them most? It is evident everywhere!.

And what makes you think an Igbo man trusts you?
Re: N12.5m Fraud: Efcc Nabs Fcmb Banker by Otobroto(f): 2:21pm On Nov 19, 2009
mekusxxx:

And what makes you think an Igbo man trusts you?

Because I dont trust an Ibo man either!.
Re: N12.5m Fraud: Efcc Nabs Fcmb Banker by mekusxxx: 2:22pm On Nov 19, 2009
Otobroto:

Because I dont trust an Ibo man either!.

I do not trust you, you do not trust me, so what then is the problem?
Re: N12.5m Fraud: Efcc Nabs Fcmb Banker by Otobroto(f): 2:25pm On Nov 19, 2009
mekusxxx:

I do not trust you, you do not trust me, so what then is the problem?

The problem is you seeing yourself as saint!.
Re: N12.5m Fraud: Efcc Nabs Fcmb Banker by mekusxxx: 2:27pm On Nov 19, 2009
Otobroto:

The problem is you seeing yourself as saint!.

You are the one who sees yourself as a saint. I doubt that any Igbo man will claim that Igbos are saints. Continue with your lies while I rope you in the more. Fool.
Re: N12.5m Fraud: Efcc Nabs Fcmb Banker by Otobroto(f): 2:30pm On Nov 19, 2009
mekusxxx:

You are the one who sees yourself as a saint. I doubt that any Igbo man will claim that Igbos are saints. Continue with your lies while I rope you in the more. Fool.

I will not abuse you, but let me finish my compilation and from then, I will give you what you deserve.
Re: N12.5m Fraud: Efcc Nabs Fcmb Banker by Otobroto(f): 2:42pm On Nov 19, 2009
Trend Of Illicit Drug Trafficking Worries NDLEA Boss
By Wisdom Patrick Senior Correspondent, Lagos

National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) said on Monday that statistics in the last one year have shown that in every 10 drug traffickers arrested, eight were likely to be from the South East of the country.

"ThIgbo ethnic extraction in Nigeria is therefore put the a willing tools in the hands of the drug barons, the Northerners are consumers of the substances, while South West provide storage and platform for trafficking in drugs."

Chairman of NDLEA, Ahmadu Giade, disclosed this to newsmen in Lagos on Monday.

He stated that the development is a worrisome one and then called for concerted effort to be able to stem the tide "at least for the future of the youth of this country".

The NDLEA boss also on the occasion received the report of the committee on awareness campaign on the prevention of illicit drug crop cultivation, trafficking and abuse in Nigeria from its Director General, Lanre Ipinmisho, at the NDLEA headquarters in Lagos.

He noted that the statistic were alarming and predicative.

He added that out of the 18 Nigerians in prison at far away Indonesia, 17 of them are Igbo.

"Even one that answered Olaniyi which was believed to be a Yoruba man later turned out to be Nwachukwu.

"So in a situation of that nature what do you do; you have to cry out, perhaps help would come from somewhere for these promising young men."

Earlier, Ipinmisho, in his address had stated that the Minister of External Affairs, Ojo Maduekwe, who was also at the Indonesian prison with some of the NDLEA chiefs, could no longer contain the situation.

"He has to cry out; why is it that all are Igbo men. At least it should have been WAZOBIA, why? But that was the dilemma of the Minister," Ipinmisho stated.

http://www.independentngonline.com/news/head/article06
Re: N12.5m Fraud: Efcc Nabs Fcmb Banker by Otobroto(f): 2:49pm On Nov 19, 2009
mekusxxx:

slowpoke, are you still there? More to be posted in just some few minutes.
Re: N12.5m Fraud: Efcc Nabs Fcmb Banker by selingel: 4:47pm On Nov 19, 2009
[quote

National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) said on Monday that statistics in the last one year have shown that in every 10 drug traffickers arrested, eight were likely to be from the South East of the country.

"ThIgbo ethnic extraction in Nigeria is therefore put the a willing tools in the hands of the drug barons, the Northerners are consumers of the substances, while South West provide storage and platform for trafficking in drugs."

He noted that the statistic were alarming and predicative.

He added that out of the 18 Nigerians in prison at far away Indonesia, 17 of them are Igbo.

"Even one that answered Olaniyi which was believed to be a Yoruba man later turned out to be Nwachukwu.

[quote][/quote]

I think this will keep some people's mouth shut about Yorubas being more in crime.
Re: N12.5m Fraud: Efcc Nabs Fcmb Banker by selingel: 4:50pm On Nov 19, 2009
8 out of every 10, what a statistic? Igbo kwenu!.
Re: N12.5m Fraud: Efcc Nabs Fcmb Banker by Oboma1(m): 9:25pm On Nov 19, 2009
Honestly, EFCC is really trying if you must compare them with the sleeping ICPC. Infact, I will strongly opine that, the agency be scrapped.
Re: N12.5m Fraud: Efcc Nabs Fcmb Banker by Oboma1(m): 10:16pm On Nov 19, 2009
Any ATM fraus victim, please share your experience here!.
Re: N12.5m Fraud: Efcc Nabs Fcmb Banker by mekusxxx: 12:24am On Nov 20, 2009
90% out of every financial fraud committed in Nigeria and outside by a Nigerian is performed by a Yoruba
80% of all hard drug business inside the country has Yoruba involvement
There are Yoruba drug godfathers while the Ibo boys are mere errand boys
All the prisons in Germany are populated by Yoruba and Edo guys.
Re: N12.5m Fraud: Efcc Nabs Fcmb Banker by Enjoyment1(f): 5:03pm On Nov 20, 2009
Source of your information please!.
Re: N12.5m Fraud: Efcc Nabs Fcmb Banker by Otobroto(f): 11:30am On Nov 21, 2009
Source of your statistics. Leave sentiment out of this please.
Re: N12.5m Fraud: Efcc Nabs Fcmb Banker by Oboma1(m): 1:43pm On Nov 22, 2009
selingel:

8 out of every 10, what a statistic? Igbo kwenu!.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: N12.5m Fraud: Efcc Nabs Fcmb Banker by bandely(m): 2:32pm On Nov 22, 2009
8 out of 10? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Well it is no surprise because that is what they do.

Sorry to say this, people distrust Igbo most.

Example when you go to Alaba, you should always watch yourself.

Have you bought a phone at Alaba International Market, tested it and it worked well, only to get home, press it and fufu comes out?
Re: N12.5m Fraud: Efcc Nabs Fcmb Banker by selingel: 5:06pm On Nov 23, 2009
Varsity dropout arrested over $96,000 fraud
By Sun News Publishing
Monday, November 23, 2009

More Stories on This Section
A former student of the Igbinedion University, Okada, Edo State , Okoro Osagie Victor, (alias Jerry Finger) has been arrested by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, (EFCC) for allegedly defrauding foreigners to the tune of $96, 607 through the internet.

The 23-year-old former Chemical Engineering student who dropped out of the university in 2004 due to what he called ‘family issues’, was picked up by operatives of the Commission in Benin City following a petition by a regional compliance officer with Moneygram International, who suspected that the large number of foreign ladies, mostly Americans and Germans, who have been wiring money to the fraudster were victims of fraud.

The suspicion was triggered by a communication with one of Victor’s victims who told Moneygram that she met the fraudster over the internet and that she has been sending him money because he claims that he wanted to set up a business.
Investigations subsequently revealed that Victor is a serial marriage scammer. He has been fleecing his victims posing as Jerry Finger, a white British American expatriate working in Nigeria .

Apart from sending photograph of a successful white male with the assumed identity of a Jerry Finger to his victims and promising them marriage, he would also tell them that he was in Nigeria to execute a project and then demand for money from them, with a promise to refund them when he is paid for the project. Some fell for the gimmick and paid.

Before he was finally nabbed, a total of $96,607.95 had been remitted to him by several victims from the United States and Germany.
He collected the money through Moneygram desk in five different banks using a fake driver’s licence with the name of Jerry Finger. Upon arrest, he confessed to the crime, explaining that he usually deposit receipts from his heist in three accounts.
According to him, he started scamming in 2007, three years after he dropped out of the university. Before then he had worked as bar man in two hotels in Benin City.

He said he was forced to embrace internet fraud due to the pressure of fending for his family. And even when he devoted most of his time to fraud, Osagie still held regular jobs as a camouflage for his criminal endeavours. He said he continued to work as Independent Field Advisor and Multilevel Marketer for ADIC Insurance in Benin .
But the unusual thing about suspect is that unlike other fraudsters who live a life of luxury and spend their money on women, cars and drinks, he lives a moderate lifestyle. He neither drinks, smoke nor womanize. To crown it all, more than 80 per cent of the proceeds of his heist were given to his church, as tithes and offerings.

Investigations reveal that so generous was Osagie, in his giving, that the church noticed and was concerned considering his age. But the fraudster assuaged their fears, explaining that his income came from legitimate sources.
But, why will a Youngman defraud people through the internet only to offload his loot as offering and tithes to a church? Victor does not see anything untoward about his action. According to him, money belongs to God and there is nothing wrong giving what he has made from his fraudulent endeavours to promote the work of God. He said he receives tremendous satisfaction knowing and seeing the people whose lives have been transformed through his giving.

That for him was most edifying. He says he has no regret giving to promote the work of God. He added that all those who gave him money did so willingly. “They are all my friends. Up till now they are still my friends. If I call them now they will speak with me. I didn’t defraud any one. I only asked for assistance and they were willing to help, “he declared. He said the only action he took which he is not proud of was assuming the fake identity of a Jerry Finger. However, he claims that some of his victims eventually got to know his real identify.

The suspect, who was picked on October 23 and has since been admitted to administrative bail, will soon be charged to court.
Meanwhile, Chairman of the EFCC, Mrs. Farida Waziri, has charged Nigerian youths to take up the gauntlet in the fight against corruption in the country . She made the the call weekend when she received members of the National Youth Council of Nigeria in her office.
Waziri who was represented by Gabriel Aduda, Head, Strategy and Re-Orientation Unit, SARU, said the youths should key into the fight against corruption as the future belongs to them.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2009/nov/23/national-23-11-2009-8.htm
Re: N12.5m Fraud: Efcc Nabs Fcmb Banker by selingel: 5:08pm On Nov 23, 2009
Are you sure, this country can ever be good again in our generation with all these news? I tire oh!.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Acn Senator (babafemi Ojudu) Talks On Fuel Subsidy. / Proscribing Boko Haram Wrong - Lai Mohammed / OBJ, Tinubu, Ladoja In Secret Meetings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.