Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,915 members, 7,828,199 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. - Travel (132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (685041 Views)

The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by TomHagen: 6:48pm On Jan 05, 2018
[quote author=Philian112 post=63925742][/quote]And all companies in Nigeria do this?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by fSociety: 7:34pm On Jan 05, 2018
TomHagen:
And all companies in Nigeria do this?

99.8%
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Philian112(m): 10:44am On Jan 06, 2018
Frank Just see where u leave us o!..

8 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by odigbosky(m): 12:58pm On Jan 09, 2018
Bossman:
What the poster was saying is that - if you haave a "Blood related" family member in the US on Green card or a Citizen, they can file your green card for you, but the waiting period is 7 years before you can actually get the green card.

Bros i have noticed your comments on posts like this. i first noticed you in a thread by that guy that migrated from warri to a Scandinavia country. i really appreciate your work here regarding the advice you gave concerning acquisition of certain skills to enable us survive over there.
I have been reading this thread since last year and this is my first comment on it ans bros na question i wn ask abeg find time take answer me.

I have an Elder bro in the US, he is a citizen. The last time we talked about traveling abroad my dad wasted money and it didn't work. My bro told me to apply for a community college, i did. i even took a TOEFL exam and i scored 88 and i had to beg an uncle of mine for statement of account. Bros that was the end, i didn't even apply for visa and my bro didn't even give me any further instructions. Now am in my 3rd year in school and i want to travel abroad after school. The OP mum is a citizen and she filled for him to come over there. My bro is a citizens cant he even send me invitation visa first so i can leave this place before he files for a green card for me...My future in this country isn't clear for now at all.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Teedawg: 2:46pm On Jan 09, 2018
odigbosky:

Bros i have noticed your comments on posts like this. i first noticed you in a thread by that guy that migrated from warri to a Scandinavia country. i really appreciate your work here regarding the advice you gave concerning acquisition of certain skills to enable us survive over there.
I have been reading this thread since last year and this is my first comment on it ans bros na question i wn ask abeg find time take answer me.

I have an Elder bro in the US, he is a citizen. The last time we talked about traveling abroad my dad wasted money and it didn't work. My bro told me to apply for a community college, i did. i even took a TOEFL exam and i scored 88 and i had to beg an uncle of mine for statement of account. Bros that was the end, i didn't even apply for visa and my bro didn't even give me any further instructions. Now am in my 3rd year in school and i want to travel abroad after school. The OP mum is a citizen and she filled for him to come over there. My bro is a citizens cant he even send me invitation visa first so i can leave this place before he files for a green card for me...My future in this country isn't clear for now at all.
there's no such thing as invitation visa there's tourist visa which you can get. Invitations are very obsolete. also your brother might not feel like sponsoring you on your request and the thing is you can't force him .
You can finish your school and go for your masters there then you don't have to depend on any body and their bulshit
What if you didn't have a relative there what will you now do ?

9 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by orbis(m): 3:51pm On Jan 09, 2018
odigbosky:

Your bros clearly dont have such plans to bring you over. Which one be say make you aooly for community college?US embassy aint dumb enough to give you visa for such when they kniw you can pay more in a regular university.
Just finiah school first and see what d dude has to say.

7 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Bossman(m): 7:59pm On Jan 09, 2018
Since you are related to your brother by blood, I believe he should be able to file for you. My guess is he wants you to go the community college route, because those are usually cheaper, and it's easy to get an I-20 (this you will take to the embassy in Naija for your visa) from such schools. His plan is likely that once you are here in thee US (on a student visa of course), then he will go ahead and start the filing process. I am not certain though if he can ONLY file for you while you are still in Nigeria. You and/or him should certainly verify that. Nevertheless, you should continue with your education there, while at the same time working on your travel plans.

odigbosky:

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by odigbosky(m): 9:34pm On Jan 09, 2018
Teedawg:
there's no such thing as invitation visa there's tourist visa which you can get. Invitations are very obsolete. also your brother might not feel like sponsoring you on your request and the thing is you can't force him .
You can finish your school and go for your masters there then you don't have to depend on any body and their bulshit
What if you didn't have a relative there what will you now do ?

Thanks bro.
i appreciate
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by odigbosky(m): 9:38pm On Jan 09, 2018
Bossman:
Since you are related to your brother by blood, I believe he should be able to file for you. My guess is he wants you to go the community college route, because those are usually cheaper, and it's easy to get an I-20 (this you will take to the embassy in Naija for your visa) from such schools. His plan is likely that once you are here in thee US (on a student visa of course), then he will go ahead and start the filing process. I am not certain though if he can ONLY file for you while you are still in Nigeria. You and/or him should certainly verify that. Nevertheless, you should continue with your education there, while at the same time working on your travel plans.

Thanks boss.
i would be rounding up next year and this NYSC issue is giving me headache. i don't want to waste an extra year serving this country that doesn't even care if i exist. i have 5 younger ones and my dad God bless him is getting old.
I am currently doing a program in Microbiology and i don't know how useful i will be over there with my certificate. I use to have hope in this country but all i have now is a rope for suicide.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Fish123(m): 10:48pm On Jan 09, 2018
Ahhhhh pls burn the rope abeg,you just have to keep hustling and reason positively.when you listen to another person's story you'll know that your situation is even far better. Hmmmm oga o
see person wey get head no get cap and person wey get cap no get head,this life can be somehow irony sha
PS...comradespade i sigh you o ma boss
odigbosky:

Thanks boss.
i would be rounding up next year and this NYSC issue is giving me headache. i don't want to waste an extra year serving this country that doesn't even care if i exist. i have 5 younger ones and my dad God bless him is getting old.
I am currently doing a program in Microbiology and i don't know how useful i will be over there with my certificate. I use to have hope in this country but all i have now is a rope for suicide.

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by TheManOfTheYear: 11:21pm On Jan 09, 2018
odigbosky:

Thanks boss.
If you kill yourself wetin people like us go kon do? shocked

You're lucky you even have an immediate relative abroad. Guy,education is the way,the truth and the life lol.
Go there and do your Masters and see what lies ahead for you. If at the end of your masters, US still no favour you then switch to Canada which is more immigration-friendly. Na so we dey plan our own ooo. Na u sabi
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 10, 2018
Fish123:
Ahhhhh pls burn the rope abeg,you just have to keep hustling and reason positively.when you listen to another person's story you'll know that your situation is even far better. Hmmmm oga o
see person wey get head no get cap and person wey get cap no get head,this life can be somehow irony sha
PS...comradespade i sigh you o ma boss

Boss, the guy is just deluded. Suicide is not the way out, just figure out what works for you. As for me, traveling out is the best option grin

3 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Eleniyan15: 1:45pm On Jan 10, 2018
Frank long time no update!
I would like to know if you've seen any sociology graduate in the medical field and what professional course did they take!!

Thanks
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Fish123(m): 4:43pm On Jan 10, 2018
Yeah,porting out of this Buhari jungle nah in sure pass o
but weting i dey say be say the guy get blood broda for yankee and the bro dey dull him,nah in make me talk say person wey get head no get cap and person wey get cap no get head.
comradespade:

Boss, the guy is just deluded. Suicide is not the way out, just figure out what works for you. As for me, traveling out is the best option grin
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by winterstorm: 9:41pm On Jan 10, 2018
Fish123:
but weting i dey say be say the guy get blood broda for yankee and the bro dey dull him,nah in make me talk say person wey get head no get cap and person wey get cap no get head.

Very true, I don't think his brother wants him there. cry However, now is not the time to look for who wants to help you or who would carry you there. Slow down, do it the right way, it might take longer than you planned but am sure you ll get there one day.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Fish123(m): 10:05pm On Jan 10, 2018
Nah through talk jare broda
winterstorm:

Very true, I don't think his brother wants him there. cry However, now is not the time to look for who wants to help you or who would carry you there. Slow down, do it the right way, it might take longer than you planned but am sure you ll get there one day.

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by odigbosky(m): 10:15pm On Jan 10, 2018
TheManOfTheYear:
If you kill yourself wetin people like us go kon do? shocked

You're lucky you even have an immediate relative abroad. Guy,education is the way,the truth and the life lol.
Go there and do your Masters and see what lies ahead for you. If at the end of your masters, US still no favour you then switch to Canada which is more immigration-friendly. Na so we dey plan our own ooo. Na u sabi

lol.....when i mean rope i no mean say i wn commit suicide ooooo. i was only trying to be poetic with that line...i b benin boy oooo....dix year i cannot come and go and kill myself....worse come to worse we die for libya dan to commit suicide lol.....

11 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by odigbosky(m): 10:19pm On Jan 10, 2018
Lol for those thinking that i want to commit suicide abeg ooooo. i was only trying to paint the level of frustration this country has placed boiz on that's why i said...

Nigeria was suppose to give me hope but now she has given me a rope to hang myself....

Why will i kill myself....na wa for una ooooo
As this life still dy sweet so....shuooooooo

5 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by winterstorm: 10:20pm On Jan 10, 2018
shocked Big Boss, have you finally figured out what lies after suicide cause am sure there are a lot of people really ready to indulge. Are you sure the aftermath is better? grin

Advise:
Stay out of everything harmful.
Pray! Pray! Pray!
Research! Read! Read! Ask questions! (go for outsiders).
Make up your mind to leave this country.
Serve! (NYSC) you can manage all your exams at this point.
Find out if really your brother is interested in helping you (tell yourself the truth!! ). I have six family members in the US, they can pay your fees, house rents, get you to run all the errand for them in Nigeria. They can even marry for you so that you can forget about your American dreams.
But the truth is that all it takes is proper planning, prayers and patience. Besides I'd rather do it for myself than have someone else do it for me.

MY POINT?
All you can ever get from a FAMILY MEMBER in the US who doesn't want you there are the worst advices ever! and BLUE papers from -you know where.
odigbosky:

Thanks boss.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 11:32pm On Jan 10, 2018
Fish123:

He get bro for there n he still dey languish for here? He need serious help undecided
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by charzyh2: 10:09pm On Jan 11, 2018
odigbosky:

ask him to file for you bro.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Fish123(m): 10:41pm On Jan 11, 2018
Winks......
comradespade:

He get bro for there n he still dey languish for here? He need serious help undecided
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by barondmoni: 8:37pm On Jan 13, 2018
Frank afa nah?
How hustle?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by bigpicture001: 12:03am On Jan 14, 2018
odigbosky:

...bring a citizen there those not qualify you to invite someone over there,instead being financially comfortable is,so as to guarantee you can take care if your responsibility to the invitee, again the admission letter you received from the US college stands as your invitation letter by the skl to you in nigeria..it will get u a multiple stamped visa if only you can pay the staggering about of feez quoted as skl feez..guess that's y your brother killed the talk of the college.

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Originalsly: 4:59pm On Jan 14, 2018
@Odi.....from the little I know... your brother can file for you... but it will take about 7 years before you can port...legally...permanently. Now what you don't know is if he can fulfill all the requirements to successfully file for someone. He may be willing to... but cannot fulfill the requirements. Then... he may be able to fulfill all the requirements...but not willing because of the responsibilities that come with sponsoring someone. E.g...he will be responsible for you ....and your actions for 5 years. If you love to drink...and love to fight when drunk...and love to smash stuff.... guess who will have to foot the bill for all the damages, injuries and whatever else? Guy travels back home...marries...returns with his brand new wife.... wife runs away with her secret bf.... gets pregnant...incur medical bills.... guess who is responsible for those bills?..and whatever else..for 5 years?
Bro..... forget about Nigeria and the FG... focus on you..and the best you can do for yourself while you are there. Look for opportunities to improve your life... if there is a business opportunity..to establish a business...I'm sure your brother will be more than willing to help...try and be as independent as you can... one day the opportunity to travel will arise... nothing comes before its time....desperation leads to frustration and frustration leads to misery and nothing good ever comes out of either.
After saying all this....let's go on a manhunt for Frank...it must be he now has 3 jobs along with his studies.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jan 14, 2018
Originalsly:
@Odi.....from the little I know... your brother can file for you... but it will take about 7 years before you can port...legally...permanently. Now what you don't know is if he can fulfill all the requirements to successfully file for someone. He may be willing to... but cannot fulfill the requirements. Then... he may be able to fulfill all the requirements...but not willing because of the responsibilities that comes with sponsoring someone. E.g...he will be responsible for you ....and your actions for 5 years. If you love to drink...and love to fight when drunk...and love to smash stuff.... guess who will have to foot the bill for all the damages, injuries and whatever else? Guy travels back home...marries...returns with his brand new wife.... wife runs away with her secret bf.... gets pregnant...incur medical bills.... guess who is responsible for those bills?..and whatever else..for 5 years?
Bro..... forget about Nigeria and the FG... focus on you..and the best you can do for yourself while you are there. Look for opportunities to improve your life... if there is a business opportunity..to establish a business...I'm sure your brother will be more than willing to help...try and be as independent as you can... one day the opportunity to travel will arise... nothing comes before its time....desperation leads to frustration and frustration leads to misery and nothing good ever comes out of either.
After saying all this....let's go on a manhunt for Frank...it must be he now has 3 jobs along with his studies.

Manhunt? We are still Hunting undecided for you so that you can continue your thread
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by barondmoni: 11:29am On Jan 19, 2018
Lol frank don run

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 19, 2018
New-York, land where dreams come true embarassed

Cc: Oga Fish123...I don jand oooo

For dream lipsrsealed

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Satansadvocate(m): 6:53pm On Jan 19, 2018
comradespade:

For dream lipsrsealed

Guy abeg open your own thread.

And no forget say na for sexuality section he go belong.

I wish you the best my guy

for dream too

lol
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Fish123(m): 9:48pm On Jan 19, 2018
For your dream enhcheesycheesycheesy
comradespade:

For dream lipsrsealed
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jan 19, 2018
Satansadvocate:

Guy abeg open your own thread.

And no forget say na for sexuality section he go belong.

I wish you the best my guy

for dream too

lol

Sexuality section?
The heart of man is wicked lipsrsealed
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jan 19, 2018
Fish123:
For your dream enhcheesycheesycheesy

Dreams do come true grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (220) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Canada / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.