Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. - Travel (195) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (682473 Views)

The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Timi1990(m): 12:42am On Feb 05, 2019
johnpoko:
Yes! I entered USA with visit visa on March 26, 2018. Applied for change of status in July 2018, went for interview at USCIS New Jersey in September 2018, got my letter in the mailbox on 14th January, 2019. Status changed to permanent residence. Prayers worked ��

You’re process is so fast oooo shocked , when did you do your biometric?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Adapapaokoye: 5:14pm On Feb 05, 2019
Huh?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by johnpoko: 5:06pm On Feb 06, 2019
Timi1990:

You’re process is so fast oooo shocked , when did you do your biometric?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Beautyaddy: 5:42pm On Feb 06, 2019
johnpoko:
Yes! I entered USA with visit visa on March 26, 2018. Applied for change of status in July 2018, went for interview at USCIS New Jersey in September 2018, got my letter in the mailbox on 14th January, 2019. Status changed to permanent residence. Prayers worked ��

Liar Liar, Pants on Fire!

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by lionlee216(m): 6:38pm On Feb 06, 2019
Beautyaddy:

I dont know about his case but the timeline is very possible..
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Dremca(m): 6:58pm On Feb 06, 2019
Oga Lionlee216, abeg create thread for aspiring immigrants.
lionlee216:

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by lionlee216(m): 7:05pm On Feb 06, 2019
Dremca:
Oga Lionlee216, abeg create thread for aspiring immigrants.

Me ke
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Dremca(m): 7:30pm On Feb 06, 2019
Yes ooo, we're waiting.
lionlee216:

Me ke
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Beautyaddy: 7:40pm On Feb 06, 2019
lionlee216:

Yeah Right!

Based on what type of petition?

He said he got into the US on a visiting visa in March 2018.

Even if he found an American to marry and file for him, he cannot put in the paper work until after three months of his arrival into the States...and from then on it will take at least six months to about a year for the change of status to be approved and that is if the immigration officer believes that the marriage is not a fraud.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by lionlee216(m): 9:37pm On Feb 06, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Yeah Right!

Based on what type of petition?

He said he got into the US on a visiting visa in March 2018.

Even if he found an American to marry and file for him, he cannot put in the paper work until after three months of his arrival into the States...and from then on it will take at least six months to about a year for the change of status to be approved and that is if the immigration officer believes that the marriage is not a fraud.

He said He filed in July which is 4 months and got hos interview Sept and got GC Jan 2019. I will still say very possible.

A guy filed in Ohio in October and got interviewed on Jan 18th. A person a know. So its possible sir

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Timi1990(m): 12:47am On Feb 07, 2019
johnpoko:
I did biometric in September 2018

So you did biometric and interview same month . Well everyone case is different, this is the first time am hearing this . Congrats bro

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by johnpoko: 5:46pm On Feb 12, 2019
Have a nice life
Beautyaddy:

12 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by johnpoko: 5:46pm On Feb 12, 2019
Thanks bro
Timi1990:

So you did biometric and interview same month . Well everyone case is different, this is the first time am hearing this . Congrats bro
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Wifefo88: 1:13am On Feb 13, 2019
johnpoko:
What will I gain by lying? This is exactly what I told God. Please make this thing possible for me so when I share my testimony on Nairaland, doubting Thomases like you will say I'm lying. Have a nice life

Bro..Am happy for you but how did u go about it I really want to know
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by JWTheocracy1: 2:06am On Feb 13, 2019
johnpoko:
What will I gain by lying? This is exactly what I told God. Please make this thing possible for me so when I share my testimony on Nairaland, doubting Thomases like you will say I'm lying. Have a nice life

Bro give me your email details I want to chat you up and ask you some questions ... I'm in North Carolina.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Uglyaddy: 3:40am On Feb 13, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Shut up your dirty mouth.Stop debunking what you don't know about.
Na so you dey carry yourself about dey yearn nonsense.

What he did is very possible!!!!

7 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Uglyaddy: 3:42am On Feb 13, 2019
Timi1990:

It depend on the state he is base.
The officer handling his case.
The kind of person he got married too.

I know of a dude who got his 10years within 2 years and 3 months.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Beautyaddy: 2:41pm On Feb 13, 2019
Uglyaddy:

Shut up your dirty mouth.Stop debunking what you don't know about.
Na so you dey carry yourself about dey yearn nonsense.

What he did is very possible!!!!

Fool!!!

The post was not directed to you.

Mind your own problems.

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Uglyaddy: 3:40pm On Feb 13, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Fool!!!

The post was not directed to you.

Mind your own problems.

You are the biggest fool on this forum form time immemorial.

You come here to debunk an info without a back proof.
You can see how stupid and dumb you are.
A common nonentity of the highest order.

Your boyfriend *Twoods that you do ass lick does same too,but is now nowhere to be found.

You are the biggest M U M U have ever come across online.

14 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Holocene(m): 5:24pm On Feb 13, 2019
I believe both of you can take your beef out of the thread and cuss each other in private. We don't need this shit here

4 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by jjohndoe83: 6:58am On Feb 16, 2019
johnpoko:
Hi chief. Congratulations. I'm just curious. How exactly did this happen. From B1/B2 to Greencard! What did you do exactly?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 10:54am On Feb 16, 2019
Believe johnpoko story at your own risk.

this guy didnt even put a single proof. No proof. No believe.

Una wey won travel, i wish una goodluck. No be everyone go travel. Start building your life when young so that when you are old with less energy you no go regret.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 10:57am On Feb 16, 2019
Uglyaddy:

You are the biggest fool on this forum form time immemorial.

You come here to debunk an info without a back proof.
You can see how stupid and dumb you are.
A common nonentity of the highest order.

Your boyfriend *Twoods that you do ass lick does same too,but is now nowhere to be found.

You are the biggest M U M U have ever come across online.

but johnpoko didnt put a single proof so why should they believe him?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by johnpoko: 5:34pm On Feb 18, 2019
quote author=JWTheocracy1 post=75676950]

Bro give me your email details I want to chat you up and ask you some questions ... I'm in North Carolina.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by johnpoko: 5:35pm On Feb 18, 2019
lol i didnt marry anybody.
Uglyaddy:

It depend on the state he is base.
The officer handling his case.
The kind of person he got married too.

I know of a dude who got his 10years within 2 years and 3 months.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by johnpoko: 5:37pm On Feb 18, 2019
thebosstrevor:

but johnpoko didnt put a single proof so why should they believe him?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by johnpoko: 5:53pm On Feb 18, 2019
jjohndoe83:

Hi chief. Congratulations. I'm just curious. How exactly did this happen. From B1/B2 to Greencard! What did you do exactly?

14 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Olalekank(m): 6:06pm On Feb 18, 2019
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by jjohndoe83: 6:26pm On Feb 18, 2019
johnpoko:
This is the kind of comment I have been waiting for. Thanks bro. I applied for asylum. Hired a lawyer who helped me with the asylum application. She is so good. Entered USA on 26th March, 2018, Applied for asylum in JUly 2018, Biometrics in early September 2018, Interview late September 2018, they said result of my interview will be out in 2 weeks. I waited till January 2019. Saw it in my mailbox. It was granted. I screamed so loud. I have received my social security card, gotten my state id, gotten my work permit, applied for college to start nursing program this summer, my church here is assisting with scholarship. On 14th January of next year i will be eligible to apply for green card and receive it in my mailbox within a month. Once i get it i'll pause college and join US national guard. One thing with Nigerians is they are so quick to call someone a liar. This is a public forum, I dont know any of you here so why will i lie to strangers? See how this young man congratulated me and I took my time to explain to him. The othjer person called me liar pants on fire telling me to post proof. I should go and snap my USCIS letter and show to you because you are an immigration officer. I could have started raining abuses on you but as an American(Pennsylvanian to be precise), I will never stoop so low.
Wow! I'm amazed to say the least. I wish you all the very best in your future endeavours.

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by lionlee216(m): 6:32pm On Feb 18, 2019
johnpoko:
Only people that are present in USA are qualified for asylum. You people should stop this sense of entitlement rude bullshit. You should focus on learning how to type properly because you just dropped so many grammatical blunders.

You owe nobody explanation. Congrats and wish you the best

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Olalekank(m): 6:41pm On Feb 18, 2019

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) ... (220) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.