Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,270 members, 7,836,219 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. - Travel (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (686025 Views)

The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Chelseafan1: 4:46pm On Jan 22, 2017
FrankNetter:

Lol, my brother, their hate can't even get to the airport, talk more of crossing the Atlantic Ocean grin

Loool.. ...there are too many bitter people in this country, they will just start hating for no reason.

It's just so funny to me at times, instead of them to rejoice with those that are rejoicing while also praying for the best, they will start hating unncessarily.

Yeye people. cheesy cheesy
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by obinna5000(m): 4:47pm On Jan 22, 2017
Any Anti-Trump protest happening in your area?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 22, 2017
obinna5000:
Any Anti-Trump protest happening in your area?
I was at the one in Topeka KS yesterday.
It was held in front of the state capitol and had at least 5000 people in attendance.
But this was not just anti Trump but pro women. It was called the women's March to show solidarity to women and minorities whose rights are threatened by the new administration and the state administration too.

6 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Chelseafan1: 4:55pm On Jan 22, 2017
MISTAICEY02288:
To confirm what Frank earlier said, i also experienced it teo days ago when i went to the schl restroom. I discovered there was no button or anything to use to flush when you're done urinating so i just did my thin and was leavin and surprisingly, just after i took few steps backwards, i heard the flush sound and when i looked back, my pee was all gone truly. grin

LOL, that thing they snap una dicks, u and FrankNetter, expect ur nudes in the papers next week cheesy grin grin
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 5:10pm On Jan 22, 2017
FrankNetter:

Baba, I see you jare. How body?
I done laugh tire oooooooo... cheesy
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by MISTAICEY02288(m): 5:21pm On Jan 22, 2017
Chelseafan1:

LOL, that thing they snap una dicks, u and FrankNetter, expect ur nudes in the papers next week cheesy grin grin

Hahahaha i don die oooo... grin cheesy
Dem no fit try am tongue
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by MISTAICEY02288(m): 5:29pm On Jan 22, 2017
FrankNetter:

You that just came to the thread now now has concluded that I'm rude. In all honesty, you're too stvpid for me to reply you, work on that.

Epic!!!

3 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by chidekings(m): 7:38pm On Jan 22, 2017
FrankNetter:

You that just came to the thread now now has concluded that I'm rude. In all honesty, you're too stvpid for me to reply you, work on that.

That was so polite of u...cheers

3 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by TWoods(m): 7:45pm On Jan 22, 2017
plainmirror:

That reply is unnecessary. Twoods made a whole lot of valid points. Try to sheath your sword and learn, that is how mature people behave.

Be kind to him, as you rightly pointed out, you can't help the immature.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by TWoods(m): 7:48pm On Jan 22, 2017
Chelseafan1:

Is it possible for you to help someone that isnt related to you, even if I'm gonna take care of the monetary aspect, I have a university degree, also very good with the computer, have a business too but I just wanna leave naija.

Cc Twoods

Depends. Unfortunately i would not help a Nigerian i am not related to. Read through the threads here, would you let any of these unruly hooligans in your house? Good luck to you.

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 7:51pm On Jan 22, 2017
Bro wassup?
What is it with you and Nigerians?
Is this not some sort of narcissism you are tending towards?
Judge people individually is how we should act. Why the bigotry?
TWoods:

Depends. Unfortunately i would not help a Nigerian i am not related to. Read through the threads here, would you let any of these unruly hooligans in your house? Good luck to you.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by TWoods(m): 7:52pm On Jan 22, 2017
progress69:

Go and sit down. You are a noise maker too full of hmself.

Just shut it already undecided

You only have a visa... i'd be more willing to listen to anything you have to say after you've lived here long enough to form a serious opinion. Good luck.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Chelseafan1: 7:53pm On Jan 22, 2017
TWoods:

LOL, I understand your fears, if I was in your shoes, I wouldn't for real but then, people ain't the same, you know? can i mail you please?

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by TWoods(m): 7:56pm On Jan 22, 2017
sirRiddy:
Bro wassup?
What is it with you and Nigerians?
Is this not some sort of narcissism you are tending towards?
Judge people individually is how we should act. Why the bigotry?

I repeat, read this thread in some detail... would you let any of these unruly hooligans in your home?

You misuse the word "narcissim"... being very cautious about people you let into your inner cycle is not the same as being a narcissist. The very first and only persons to dupe me in the US was a Nigerian. If the words of most here is anything to go by, these are people who would have zero compunction being dishonest if it means they get a leg up, regardless of the consequences to you. I've had plenty of time to judge people individually...

16 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by TWoods(m): 7:57pm On Jan 22, 2017
Chelseafan1:

LOL, I understand your fears, if I was in your shoes, I wouldn't for real but then, people ain't the same, you know? can i mail you please?

Sure, go ahead.
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by signature2012(m): 8:02pm On Jan 22, 2017
@TWooDs,Is becoming too much of you.You keep tagging all Nigerians with different bad names.
Are you not tired of all this attack?
Same thing you are doing in the USA student thread.I expect you to be more matured and expose than all this act of yours,let everyone do what they like.#simple.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by TWoods(m): 8:03pm On Jan 22, 2017
signature2012:
@TWooDs,Is becoming too much of you.You keep tagging all Nigerians with different bad names.
Are you not tired of all this attack?
Same thing you are doing in the USA student thread.I expect you to be more matured and expose than all this act of yours,let everyone do what they like.#simple.

We've been doing that for 50 years... take a look at Nigeria and weep. Funny you all want to run away to countries that are what they are today because people cannot simply do what they like. Quite odd in my view.

22 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by signature2012(m): 8:04pm On Jan 22, 2017
TWoods:

We've been doing that for 50 years... take a look at Nigeria and weep.
So what solution have you proffer?
If you want solution,go back to Nigeria and contest to be president,i pray you win,then make Nigeria Great Again
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by TWoods(m): 8:05pm On Jan 22, 2017
signature2012:

Easy, follow the laws and be honest.

10 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by TWoods(m): 8:10pm On Jan 22, 2017
signature2012:

If you want solution,go back to Nigeria and contest to be president,i pray you win,then make Nigeria Great Again

There is partly where the problem lies. America, Norway, France etc. are not great because of their presidents, they are great because of the ordinary people, like you and me. People who prioritize following simple laws, do not lie on forms or at interviews, are not constantly seeking to defraud others in the "name of god". America is great because of that government worker who comes in on time, goes above and beyond the normal call of duty simply and does his work with integrity.

Nigeria isn't great, not simply because of lying thieves appointed as presidents, but by the equally incompetent folks who populate the nation.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 22, 2017
No one is trying to getting into your inner cycle. No one knows you here,
it is a faceless forum. Just stop the characterization of a certain people as being
criminal even if many of them have bad behaviors. It reeks of bigotry and someone with your
supposed level of education would be expected to know this. If you have this
terrible level of bias, you pose a threat to the peaceful coexistence of diverse people.
Come off your high horse and treat people with some respect.
TWoods:

I repeat, read this thread in some detail... would you let any of these unruly hooligans in your home?

You misuse the word "narcissim"... being very cautious about people you let into your inner cycle is not the same as being a narcissist. The very first and only persons to dupe me in the US was a Nigerian. If the words of most here is anything to go by, these are people who would have zero compunction being dishonest if it means they get a leg up, regardless of the consequences to you. I've had plenty of time to judge people individually...

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by signature2012(m): 8:15pm On Jan 22, 2017
TWoods:

There is partly where the problem lies. America, Norway, France etc. are not great because of their presidents, they are great because of the ordinary people, like you and me. People who prioritize following simple laws, do not lie on forms or at interviews, are not constantly seeking to defraud others in the "name of god". America is great because of that government worker who comes in on time, goes above and beyond the normal call of duty simply and does his work with integrity.

Nigeria isn't great, not simply because of lying thieves appointed as presidents, but by the equally incompetent folks who populate the nation.
So citizens of this countries dont lie?

They dont commit fraud?

They are 100% honest?

They dont disobey the law?

I believe you still have relatives back home in Nigeria who are among the populate.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by TWoods(m): 8:22pm On Jan 22, 2017
sirRiddy:
No one is trying to getting into your inner cycle. No one knows you here,
it is a faceless forum. Just stop the characterization of a certain people as being
criminal even if many of them have bad behaviors. It reeks of bigotry and someone with your
supposed level of education would be expected to know this. If you have this
terrible level of bias, you pose a threat to the peaceful coexistence of diverse people.
Come off your high horse and treat people with some respect.

Frauds deserve no respect. Good luck.

7 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by TWoods(m): 8:23pm On Jan 22, 2017
signature2012:

So citizens of this countries dont lie?

They dont commit fraud?

They are 100% honest?

They dont disobey the law?

I believe you still have relatives back home in Nigeria who are among the populate.

Yes, a small minority do. But in your country, the vast majority are frauds... that is why your green passport is a disgrace at pretty much every airport you pass through. That is not a coincidence. Tell me, what is wrong about your country that you want to run away from? There, you got your answer.

15 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Chelseafan1: 8:29pm On Jan 22, 2017
TWoods:

Sure, go ahead.

Oh, tnx.... . I'll mail u with phemmypresh2@gmaildotcom

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (220) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Canada / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.