Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,427 members, 7,822,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (684564 Views)

The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by austino677(m): 9:33am On Dec 20, 2016
falopey:

Those houses you see are pako houses. Very beautiful. Isn't it? I live there. So believe me. All houses in the US are made of wood. Even the brick or block houses have wooden interior walls. The inside are not cement plastered. Osi ko daa ni ile pako. Asipa owe ni l"America. Rich people dey live for pako house for America.
hehehe I also want to live in the pako house of usa smileymake una connect me embarassed

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by EfemenaXY: 10:16am On Dec 20, 2016
Refreshing thread.

Quite entertaining too. Well done @op.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 20, 2016
ferhyntorlah:

Try Fiverr, PPH (people per hour), Upwork, Freelancer, Truelancer etc. Google for more.

Is truelancer for real, have you earned there at All?
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by ferhyntorlah(f): 7:15pm On Dec 20, 2016
Pidgin2:

Is truelancer for real, have you earned there at All?
No I haven't.

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by nk(f): 7:56pm On Dec 20, 2016
Following... I love this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 8:04pm On Dec 20, 2016
ferhyntorlah:

No I haven't.

It might be possible but there are too many scammers looking for free work there. Some are looking to pay peanuts maybe it's because of the green flag or what? Anyways, I saw an offer of 12 articles(500 words) for $12, the person offering the job was specific about who he wanted to hire and it was a Nigerian guy, I just shook my head.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by christijo001(m): 8:49am On Dec 21, 2016
RANDOM PICTURES PLEASE... FOLLOWING YOU LIKE KILODE

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by AvsGot007(m): 10:36am On Dec 21, 2016
then she's off!!! man you don't need to write any long story pls, just post pictures....like go into the woods at the back of your house and snap snap snap ...Prolly I'll get to see some polar
bears and wolves (just kidding)

I mean just snap and post
nice thread

7 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 8:48pm On Dec 21, 2016
AvsGot007:
then she's off! ma'am you don't need to write any long story pls, just post pictures....like go into the woods at the back of your house and snap snap snap ...Prolly I'll get to see some pollar
bears and wolfs (just kidding)

I mean just snap and post
nice thread

Im a dude bro.

So you want me to enter bush and go and fight polar bear?

Chai! You dont like me o!

18 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 9:33pm On Dec 21, 2016
FrankNetter:

Im a dude bro.

So you want me to enter bush and go and fight polar bear?

Chai! You dont like me o!

Ehen u carry small knife nau... Abi u no see leonardo dicaprio bear Fight scene for Revenant. LoLs

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 10:02pm On Dec 21, 2016
Settling in

So, at about yesterday, I and my siblings, armed with our social security numbers, went to get our id cards and driver's license (permit).

After driving for like 45 - 60mins, we got to our destination.

One striking thing about everything Ive seen so far is the fact that everything here is so orderly. As someone who is used to the jaga jaga system of things in nigeria, i find this a whole lot pleasing to the senses.

On getting there, we queued up, took our ticket numbers, sat down and waited for our tickets to be called so we would be attended to.

After a while, my ticket number was called, I filled some forms and went to take a written test which I passed. Then i went and had my picture taken for the learner's permit and id card.

During the course of our little stay there, a group of high school students came in and sang some christmas songs. it was really refreshing. It reminded me of my days in the choir. Surprisingly, the choir was from the catholic church close to our house. I made a mental note about making enquiries about joining the bigger choir when I get to church next sunday.

We went for a little drive to see some notable places close to the house -cinema, sports facility etc.

Each time we step out, i see some ultra bad-ass cars shocked shocked no be for naija wey toyota full everywhere. grin

51 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 10:02pm On Dec 21, 2016
MrnovaLyn:
Ehen u carry small knife nau... Abi u no see leonardo dicaprio bear Fight scene for Revenant. LoLs

cheesy cheesy You no get joy o

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 10:09pm On Dec 21, 2016
Prepared Lunch.

11 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 10:11pm On Dec 21, 2016
pics

8 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 10:15pm On Dec 21, 2016
come join me cheesy grin grin

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 12:03am On Dec 22, 2016
DrAnie:
Nice move Frank. Congrats! It's a different ballgame living in a western world most esp the US or UK in terms of food, weather, advancement in technology, lifestyle etc. Seems you were studying medicine before migrating. However, you dont really need to pursue a career in the medical field in the States to make good money unless you have a passion for it. I would suggest you delve into computer science or information systems and you will never regret you did, since you already have a penchant for computers. Once you get your SSN, DL and GC you are then "ripe" for the job market lol. Please dont be so excited in getting a job and then grab just any kinda job you find. Some jobs may not be worth doing.. lol. Although, you have to start from somewhere. God bless your hustle!
Please do go back to school asap. That would put you at great advantage in the US. Also, the friends you keep would either make or mal you.
#Shalom.

thanks a lot.

6 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by guiddoti: 12:57am On Dec 22, 2016
B4bestbrain:

I'm loyal, Sir. Thank you.
na so! I own you one origin lol
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 22, 2016
FrankNetter:
Prepared Lunch.
are those Irish potatoes ? if yeah I noticed u chop them without peeling

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Ugosample(m): 3:24pm On Dec 22, 2016
Pidgin2:

What do you mean by merely existing?
Many Nigerians indeed living in Nigeria are merely existing

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by AngelicBeing: 5:20pm On Dec 22, 2016
Senorita123:
Congrats bro. Going through dis your thread and d pix actually made me drool. The Lord that changed your status will change mine too very soon. This country Nigeria has no plan for the youths nor d masses. Na d fastest way to leave dey hunger me. We keep hoping it will get better but it keeps getting worse. Ppl keep saying no place like home but in the real sense to me, home is where joy is and where people can boast of a comfortable life whether abroad or local. Home is where the life of the citizens are more important than anything. Home is where an average citizen can afford 3 square meals per day. Home is where security is well guaranteed. Home is where there is no huge discrepancy between the rich and the poor. Home is where our resources and funds are not being embezzled by our corrupt leaders . Home is where there are job provisions for graduates. HOME is where there is HOPE!! Home is, home is, home is, home is.................. ABROAD
True that, because millions of Nigerians are not happy with the state of economic quagmire, political phantasmagoria and social disequilibrium the philistine and clueless government of ex- President Jonathan & Buhari has plummeted the country into sad.

6 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 5:26pm On Dec 22, 2016
AvsGot007:
oh! Africa has soul and care about people existence!!! really ma'am?? c'mon! I hate when people talk about culture and traditions....those sh!t has been ruining us since pre-cage, that's just your point of view but it's all good ma'am!

Omo see charge o! Soul ke? care about existence ke?

This lady must have some screws loose in her brainbox. grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 5:58pm On Dec 22, 2016
MrnovaLyn:
are those Irish potatoes ? if yeah I noticed u chop them without peeling

No bro. I peeled them after cutting to smaller sizes.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Saintsquare(m): 6:45pm On Dec 22, 2016
Y'all don't need to attack hr for airing an opinion, haba.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (220) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Canada / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.