Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,223 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. (682454 Views)

The Adventures Of A Village Scholar In Germany / Getting A Green Card By Adjustment Of Status: My Yankee Experience / Naija to Yankee Thoughts And Experiences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (220) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 2:09pm On Jan 01, 2017
progress69:

Whatever u say. Bur i could have bolted out immediately i got the visa cos the only problem would have been flight tickets which i can definitely afford. I have so many places i can put up to before i settle down. If u feel its forming, that is your cup of coffee. Its new year. No time fir childish rants.
its true bro i like your reply............................

1 Like

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 7:36pm On Jan 01, 2017
FrankNetter:
New post coming through. I have to shrink the pictures I took.

Some days back, I had the opportunity to tag along to the burial of my Mum's colleague's husband.

We met the service at when people were giving eulogies for the dead man. Haven not known the man even for a second, I was touched to the bone marrow by the good things said about this man. What brought almost everyone to tears was when his 8year old son came up to the podium to give his own hand-written eulogy. Though tears were running down his cheeks, he stood tall, with his head held high and gave his speech.
After the eulogy session, a wonderful saxophone rendition was made.

This was followed by a homily of sorts. One striking feature of the homily was the simplistic tone with which the preacher preached. The man, though somehow old, gave soul stirring solos (accompanied by the church pianist). He alternated beautifully between the preaching and music.

Another thing that struck me was the design of the church itself. Arguably one of the finest I've seen in a long while.

On our way home, I took some pictures.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 7:39pm On Jan 01, 2017
The church.

3 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 7:42pm On Jan 01, 2017
Randoms

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 7:43pm On Jan 01, 2017

4 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 7:45pm On Jan 01, 2017

6 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 7:46pm On Jan 01, 2017

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 7:47pm On Jan 01, 2017

10 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 7:53pm On Jan 01, 2017
See as everybody dey obey traffic. If you misbehave (or run red light), cameras would take a photo of your vehicle, your plate number and mail it to your house along with your ticket. grin grin

If i can find the one they sent to my mum, I'd snap and upload it. On two occassions, she had to pay $200 each.

that's $400 just for disobeying traffic. How much is that in naira again?

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Successjoy(f): 8:51pm On Jan 01, 2017
FrankNetter:
See as everybody dey obey traffic. If you misbehave (or run red light), cameras would take a photo of your vehicle, your plate number and mail it to your house along with your ticket. grin grin

If i can find the one they sent to my mum, I'd snap and upload it. On two occassions, she had to pay $200 each.

that is about 196000. Nawa o... Happy new year

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by austino677(m): 8:56pm On Jan 01, 2017
Casket don enter here undecided

4 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by FrankNetter(m): 9:17pm On Jan 01, 2017
Successjoy:
that is about 196000. Nawa o... Happy new year

Lol. yeah, that's some money.

austino677:
Casket don enter here undecided

where?

4 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jan 01, 2017
FrankNetter:

that na big money ooo
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by austino677(m): 10:28pm On Jan 01, 2017
FrankNetter:

Lol. yeah, that's some money.

where?
lol the pictures man
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Originalsly: 12:08am On Jan 02, 2017
@Frank...you seem shocked by the simplicity of the church service ... like you been going to church forever.....but was never moved spiritually. Did the pastor had body guards?.... and how many of times they collected offerings?...just curious.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 5:48am On Jan 02, 2017
Originalsly:
@Frank...you seem shocked by the simplicity of the church service ... like you been going to church forever.....but was never moved spiritually. Did the pastor had body guards?.... and how many of times they collected offerings?...just curious.
hmmmnnnn.......
serious talk

6 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 5:56am On Jan 02, 2017
bikerboy1:

I should be creating mine by February, God willing
what is it u folks want in the US ?? Im Afro ( Black) American and i dont see anything special here??

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 6:03am On Jan 02, 2017
FrankNetter:
A trip to the african store
op u enjoyin' yaself,yes? smiley

I've been readin' through ya thread and viewing "yankee" grin through yer eyes
and though the sites are the same i see
You veiw them as something grand

What is it that thrills u about America ? ive lived here all my life and i dont get it?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by AvsGot007(m): 6:06am On Jan 02, 2017
ILuvGummyBearz:

and though the dites are the same i see

What is it that thrills u about America ? Because ive lived here all my life and i dont get it?
ummmh! OK... good stuffs

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 6:08am On Jan 02, 2017
AvsGot007:
ummmh! OK... good stuffs
what?

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 6:08am On Jan 02, 2017
ILuvGummyBearz:

What is it that thrills u about America ? ive lived here all my life and i dont get it?
its very easy ..........1st try to relocate to Nigeria and then we shall dicuss more grin
ILuvGummyBearz:

its very easy ..........1st try to relocate to Nigeria and then we shall dicuss more

75 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 6:11am On Jan 02, 2017
tescoman90:
its very easy ..........1st try to relocate to Nigeria and then we shall dicuss more ;Dits very easy ..........1st try to relocate to Nigeria and then we shall dicuss more
what is easy?? Life here? Then you dont know the American tax man or the high cost of living in a 1st world country

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 6:13am On Jan 02, 2017
ILuvGummyBearz:
what is easy?? Life here? Then you dont know the American tax man or the high cost of living in a 1st world country

ok dude... ....can you enlighten us better.

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by AvsGot007(m): 6:16am On Jan 02, 2017
ILuvGummyBearz:
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 6:18am On Jan 02, 2017
tescoman90:

ok dude... ....can you enlighten us better.
im a chick. And i will do just that but not here on op's travel diary

Mention me on a unused thread
••••••

AvsGot007:
man! not like you're not getting the money
what is the money u make 2 the high cost 2 even exist ?

And uve been feed a glamours imagine of america and it's people's living
Not every1 is making bank(big money)
Infact the average American is no were near wealthy.

We here chasing the illusion of 'the American dream ' 2

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 6:25am On Jan 02, 2017
ILuvGummyBearz:

hmmmnn......sorry for that!
please can you paste the link when you are ready.

2 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 6:31am On Jan 02, 2017
tescoman90:

hmmmnn......sorry for that!
please can you paste the link when you are ready.
what Im not gonna make a thread. Ill go dig up a old unsed 1 and we can discuss there.

Wait

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 6:32am On Jan 02, 2017
ILuvGummyBearz:
what Im not gonna make a thread. Ill go dig up a old unsed 1 and we can discuss there.

Wait
OK
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by AvsGot007(m): 6:38am On Jan 02, 2017
ILuvGummyBearz:

••••••

what is the money u make 2 the high cost 2 even exist ?

And uve been feed a glamours imagine of america and it's people's living
Not every1 is making bank(big money)
Infact the average American is no were near wealthy.

We here chasing the illusion of 'the American dream ' 2
it's OK ma'am! you can't understand my own view of "getting the money"...peace
Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by nefertitiram: 7:59am On Jan 02, 2017
ILuvGummyBearz:
what is it u folks want in the US ?? Im Afro ( Black) American and i dont see anything special here??

Please just take Arik from new York to Lagos. You will understand eh,

Make a thread about this, really. Let's rub minds there and you will marvel at the responses you will get.

28 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 8:04am On Jan 02, 2017
nefertitiram:

Make a thread about this, really. Let's rub minds there and you will marvel at the responses you will get.
lol...... grin grin grin grin
just wat i was try to tell her.

8 Likes

Re: Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. by Nobody: 8:06am On Jan 02, 2017
nefertitiram:

lagos even better .......make she enter ibadan or gombe or niger delta

12 Likes 7 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (220) (Reply)

Giving Birth In Canada / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.