Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,094 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) - Nairaland / General (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) (64561 Views)

Soldier: The Python We Killed At Front Line Today / See The Big Snake A Lady Killed In Her Farm (Photos) / A Huge Python My Brother Killed In His Farm (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by huntax(m): 6:46pm On Dec 05, 2016
Donshemzy1234:
Op these your headline enh

Which snake is not poisonous
There are many non venomous snakes around the world... Pythons aren't venomous, boa constructors aren't as well... Even anaconda aren't.

1 Like

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by idesylvester(m): 6:49pm On Dec 05, 2016
SeanBeezy:
Photos Of A Poisonous Snake That Was Killed Today At MOUAU Fish Farm In Umudike

Below are photos of a poisonous snake that was actually captured by a trap today at our University fish farm. I don't even know the particular specie, I hope someone helps me
It's a black snake specie simple

1 Like

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by SIRmanjar(m): 7:03pm On Dec 05, 2016
eaglechild:

You are very wrong and have misled a lot of people.

The hood is NOT PERMANENT in a cobra but usually appears when the snake feels threatened.

That snake is NOT a black mamba.

It is an AFRICAN FOREST COBRA.

Tankz 4 d picz men..our senior learned prof don fantey cha..May b im don go continue im venom ad blood experiment..After decieving so many pipu wit im liez..I told him d truth he said I shuld go bak to skool..person dey wrong come dey uze skool ad age buga us untop.

2 Likes

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by Nemesis99(m): 7:17pm On Dec 05, 2016
SeanBeezy:

you dont know the specie but you know its poisonous abi

Below are photos of a poisonous snake that was actually captured by a trap today at our University fish farm. I don't even know the particular specie, I hope someone helps me
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by SeanBeezy(m): 7:20pm On Dec 05, 2016
festusbarry:

This doesn't look like a real snake to me ,someone should look closer , u claim to have killed a snake and their is no mark on the body and the lady is holding the snake like say she wan vote for Buhari again
Oga that snake actually got stuck in a barb wire trap that was constructed because of cases like this. If you can see, it died even before the head was cut off..it's your choice to believe shaa..
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by HardMirror(m): 7:22pm On Dec 05, 2016
GossipHeart:

The name of the snake is Black Mamba

You don't wanna come in contact with that evil

In 2009, i did an experiment with the poison extracted from it's mouth, i mixed it with human blood, the result was scary, in just 2 minutes, it froze the blood

And for the people saying that it's a king cobra, how old are you guys ?? Even a 4 year old kid can tell you how cobras look like but you guys stupidity is amazing

Cobras have flat hooded heads

There are scarcity of cobras in Nigeria

The only cobra you will find in Africa is the black-necked spitting cobra, and it's only in Mozambique

The second picture i will attach is how a cobra looks like
That is a cobra not mamba. A dead cobra cannot spread it's hood, they only do that when threatened. Learn

greg42:

Cobras only show their hoods when threatened and ready to launch an attack, otherwise,they are nearly similar...

Don't degrade anybody's opinion

Thanks jare

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by HardMirror(m): 7:25pm On Dec 05, 2016
Sanchez02:

LOL... Trust me, the snake that was killed is a King Cobra. What you uploaded is a close shot of a black mamba, which tends to make it bigger than it is.
Exactly.
So many illiterates on nairaland, wonder how that looks like a mamba to them.
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by HardMirror(m): 7:28pm On Dec 05, 2016
GossipHeart:

Do you know what i studied in the university and what i do for a living ??
I will school you about snakes
Abeg just stop the noise. That is no mamba. Mr schooler

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by SeanBeezy(m): 7:31pm On Dec 05, 2016
funshint:

You guys; sorry to say really played with your lives. Atleast d head shld hv been cut off and buried immediately. That girl shld thank her lucky stars 'cos even in death that tin "Black mamba" can still bite and kill. Ignorance at its peak!!! *To imagine these are tertiary students. I'm not here to condemn you but I really hate it when people die avoidable deaths!
Thanks bro, I get...
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by SeanBeezy(m): 7:36pm On Dec 05, 2016
Kakamorufu:
I kuku know that place. beside cnren. my hanging out hood back den in Nysc days. Una do well
No Sir, it's a bit far from CNREM, it's exactly after COLNAS, along Goodluck Ebele Jonathan hostel... you have an idea though!

1 Like

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by NevetsIbot(m): 7:39pm On Dec 05, 2016
sod09:
guys it's actually a forest cobra
do u know d snake can still kill u guys d way u were holding nd snapping... a bite is enough even wen dead

modified....
the first two pics are mamba while d last is d cobra.... compare it wit Wat d lady is holding
d name black mamba was given cos of its black mouth as shown in d first pic not d colour
help me tell them o. Handling snakes without cutting off the head. Smh.

2 Likes

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by SeanBeezy(m): 7:57pm On Dec 05, 2016
rukkyland:
den go chop am?

meanwhile check my signature and make some extra cool cash..
funny enough it was sold for just #500
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by modsRbastard: 8:00pm On Dec 05, 2016
Polyestar:

According to Wikipedia, they can only prey on small pythons but I can give you a video link of a King Cobra eating a full-grown python.
http://www.downvids.net/king-cobra-vs-python-one-gets-eaten--454306.html
The largest python in record, in terms of weight and size, is the Burmese Python. Although the Reticulated Python and King Cobra are longer. It's the second largest snake after the Green Anaconda.

the video is a false representation of what you think it is. That's not a king Cobra and neither the other a python.

That's an eastern Indigo snake, it is non venomous, it is noted as the longest snake native in the United states. The swallowed snake is a Viper, notice how it move sideways. Note: Indigo snakes are impervious to poison hence they swallow prey snakes alive

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by donfemo(m): 8:05pm On Dec 05, 2016
lozanni:

That might have been a dead snake.
Let me give you another example, in August 2014 in Thailand, a snake whose head had been cut off (completely decapitated) and was lying carelessly on the kitchen table in a snake soup kitchen (trust Asians and snake soup).
The decapitated head suddenly sprang to life and sank its fangs into the chef's arm.
The chef was dead before he got to the hospital.
The Thai Doctors also attributed the decapitated snake head's action to reflex action.
You may google it to find out more. See a post below

www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/chef-cooking-snake-dies-after-4088634

you always want to win an argument, i like that. and this one came with facts.

1 Like

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by Unclerukus: 8:08pm On Dec 05, 2016
GossipHeart:

In 2009, i did an experiment with the poison extracted from it's mouth, i mixed it with human blood, the result was scary, in just 2 minutes, it froze the blood

And for the people saying that it's a king cobra, how old are you guys ?? Even a 4 year old kid can tell you how cobras look like but you guys stupidity is amazing

The only cobra you will find in Africa is the black-necked spitting cobra, and it's only in Mozambique

why are you embarrassing yourself like this? The rings under that snake have already given it out that it's a cobra and you can only see their hooded head when they feel threatened or want to attack and defend themselves. Black mambas are not black in colour but olive Brown or grey , the name black mamba came about because the whole of their mouth in all black. Yes, there are lots of cobras in Nigeria but not all species, I have killed 4 that came in my compound.Be enlightened before you insult people. cheers.

3 Likes

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by Jelomy: 8:09pm On Dec 05, 2016
GossipHeart:

How old are you ??

This is what king cobra looks like
That's definitely a cobra.. I've watched it's documentary on NatGeo Wild many times, the hood flattens only when it raises it head. That it's scarce in this part of the world does not mean it doesn't exist. Also see the black and yellow stripe on the belly..

All you need to know about Cobra... http://cobras.org/cobras-all-you-need-to-know/
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by Realfiness(m): 8:23pm On Dec 05, 2016
donfemo:

A bite even when dead??
Yes. Snake heads can still bite, about 20mins after death. you can research it.
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by mandmis007(m): 8:36pm On Dec 05, 2016
GossipHeart:

Tca is the black-necked spitting cobra, and it's only in Mozambique

Yes this is black mamba one of not just poisonous snakes in the world but almost the deadliest. It's poison if dropped into a community water storage can kill up to one thousand people.
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by viki84(m): 8:39pm On Dec 05, 2016
Any umudike student abeg hit me up, I just got direct entry admission into computer science
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by Unclerukus: 8:42pm On Dec 05, 2016
GossipHeart:

Do you know what i studied in the university and what i do for a living ??

I will school you about snakes
Its best you write Jamb again if that's what you studied, you're just fumbling and brewing over with ignorance. Like someone said, you probably graduated with a handshake grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by lozanni(m): 8:45pm On Dec 05, 2016
donfemo:

you always want to win an argument, i like that. and this one came with facts.

Lolz

It was just the need to warn people to be careful how they handle dead snakes that drove me on; seeing the way those MOU students were cuddling a black mamba gave me goose bumps
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by handsomety(m): 9:34pm On Dec 05, 2016
GossipHeart:

that exactly what she hold..you are right.. that is it
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by ezra1990: 9:40pm On Dec 05, 2016
GossipHeart:

Hw sure are u dat the only cobra in Africa is located in Mozambique? in case u dnt knw I just spotted one in my area dat initially threatened wit it extended skin, but later retreated when we started hauling stones at it. get ur facts clear.

1 Like

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by Polyestar(m): 9:42pm On Dec 05, 2016
modsRbastard:

the video is a false representation of what you think it is. That's not a king Cobra and neither the other a python.

That's an eastern Indigo snake, it is non venomous, it is noted as the longest snake native in the United states. The swallowed snake is a Viper, notice how it move sideways. Note: Indigo snakes are impervious to poison hence they swallow prey snakes alive
You're right, that's not King Cobra but the Eastern Indigo. I just confirmed from other sources before replying you. But I still have proof that King Cobras prey on python.
See the amateur clip below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=460tanMJtWA
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by XaintJoel20: 9:52pm On Dec 05, 2016
Mikylopez:
dah girl tried ooo i cant touch a snake o I've never even seen a snake
Would you like to see one?
Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by ZoneBslayer(m): 10:02pm On Dec 05, 2016
GossipHeart:

You need to go back to school

West Africa is the home of black mambas

Kid, there are no cobras in Nigeria
Nigerians can be very bold in their ignorance! tufiakwa! I first saw a juvenile cobra in my secondary school days in Enugu.. that was the first time I got cured of the misconception of thinking cobras don't inhabit Nigeria not to talk of west Africa..

3 Likes

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by justdab(m): 10:10pm On Dec 05, 2016
SeanBeezy:

omo see ma level mates fr siwes farm lol.... umudike entr nairaland.. a tin of joy

1 Like

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by billyG(m): 10:34pm On Dec 05, 2016
GossipHeart:

ma frd i hav seen many spitting cobras in 9ja,tha snake is a pfucking spitting cobra.

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by billyG(m): 10:37pm On Dec 05, 2016
AgreatMan:

Yep. A case happened in one of those game reserve in SA. The white boy spent 4 days in coma, was playing with a dead black mamba. D tin be like play, but e no funny o.
I saw that documentary too on national geographic.

1 Like

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by delishpot: 10:38pm On Dec 05, 2016
GossipHeart:

And for the people saying that it's a king cobra, how old are you guys ?? [color=#990000]Even a 4 year old kid can tell you how cobras look like but you guys stupidity is amazing

[/color]

You just had to insult people because you manage to know the diff between a cobra and a mamba. How old are you? Cobras when relaxed do not haventhat classic head pose. They only show that standard flat head when they feel threatened and ready to strike.
FYI, there are many species of plants and animals not native to some environments have found their way into the eco system of those places. So do not insist cobras can not be found in Nigeria. They may not be originally from here but they may have found their way here by another means.

1 Like

Re: A Snake Killed At MOUAU Fish Farm (Photos) by Greedgod: 10:44pm On Dec 05, 2016
greg42:

Lolzzzzz. I wan die with laugh grin grin grin
ur twitter dp looks soft , u sure say u no be kachikwu son ?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Spectranet, Smile Or SWIFT 4G LTE? I Need Advice / Big Snake Seen Inside A Toilet (WC) In Ekpoma, Edo State (pics/video) / Man Runs For His Life After Snake He Was Trying To Kill Aimed For His Joystick

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.